All Comments on 'Regrets - Darcy's Story'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
top notch

well written.

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 17 years ago
It's a really good story

but it seems like a repeat. Wasn't it explained before that the happy couple, with the wayward wife while he was overseas, was her parents?

Sex ruins many a happy marriage. It is always good to see that they have a happy ending, especially for the kids, they were quite happy about the reconciliation.

Very good read.

duddle146duddle146over 17 years ago
Love is forever!

An illness brings these starcrossed lovers back together at last. The ending was especially heartwarming when Rrett returns and assumes his husbandly role; including changing the baby diaper. Sweet happy ending. Endearing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Fills it out nicely, DG!

Well done showing the wife's side of the story. Darcy is a strong character holding out for sex WITH love.

Way to go.

Regards, Jack

TiggerTooTiggerTooover 17 years ago
Nicely done!

Both parts were great. Thanks.

Phil

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 17 years ago
"And they lived happily ever after"

Average quality writing with an occasional oopsie that careful proofing would catch. The author's style is dry and fairly droll with a bit more verbiage than I like. A good precis pass would tighten up the prose and help immensely.

We already have a fair idea who Rhett is from the original story. His actions in this story are consistent with what we know of him. I must admit, it's with incredulity that I accepted Darcy's giving him a cell phone and telling him that she'd literally cut off his dick if he were unfaithful again. If it were me, I'd quietly get my things and get out of there but then again, I'm probably more attached to my cock than Rhett is to his. Sorry, I digress.

Darcy is evidently schizophrenic, a condition she freely admits. So long as things proceed as she expects, she's a sweet, loving wife. When things don't go according to plan, she becomes, in the author's own words, a "psycho bitch". This facet of her character adores Lorena Bobbit and apparently we are supposed to like her for that. I do not. I shudder to think what happens on bad hair days or when PMS puts in an appearance. Maybe she just uses sandpaper on his dick when that happens.

The plot is uncomplicated and plays out straight-forwardly. The estranged couple divorces because of his infidelity then they reconcile (Harry or zed, chime in any time what the usual "Man, she's really a wimp."). Apparently, it's true love now that Rhett has seen the light and he accepts her conditions for conjugal bliss without reservation. I have to believe a reasonable man would have some reservations about Darcy but you decide.

The reconcilation is the resolution of the story's central conflict and was anticipated. That being the case, there's little narrative drive to the story and the author's style does nothing to foster the urge to race ahead to find out what happens. There's no impact character so the conflict is played out between the estranged spouses.

I suppose this is a feel good story and, if you like endings where "they lived happily ever after," then you'll probably like this tale.

Excellent fiction this is not. Here's a 50 for your efforts, DG Hear, and I thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Good

nicely done. thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Nicely done!

After hearing both sides, it sounded like it could very well be a true story. Either way, very well done which we have come to expect from DG Hear

An avid reader.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Bravo!

It is good to read about a cheating husband which unfortunately is more common than cheating wives. Typically, it is the woman who has to take the husband back.

What I can say - well written, with real life characters. Thanks!

SleeplessinMD

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
Rhetts miracle

That was a great change from the original but why did`nt Darcy confer with Rhett with the babys name i thought the parents were supposed to make the name not just the mother but the father was also but i give it a 50 for improvement.

Pat Murray

Atlanta,Ga

PEATBOGPEATBOGover 17 years ago
Excellent tale!!

A nice touch giving us Darcy's POV! Yes, two excellent stories. Near identical but with subtle differences brought about by Rhett's and Darcy's differing memories of actual events and, perhaps, strong character differences. Although both parts are 'stand alone', together they blend into a 'oneness' that is truly wonderful. Well done DG! A loyal fan, Pete.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Great Stories!

As usual, your stories are top notch! Loved seeing the story from both points of view. Congratuations on another story with an ending that fits the season. Thanks!

ddpmanddpmanover 17 years ago
A Wimp?

Throughly enjoyed this tale. It shows what love can do both his and hers. If the tale was reversed I wonder how many of the readers would be crying Wimp! Wimp! Wimp! DG you really described what basic feelings can be and what they can do. Thanks for the followup.

bornagainbornagainover 16 years ago
Nicely done

The story was nicely done but you have a tendacy to change Rhetts name to Brett whats the matter cant remember your husbands name anymore?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Manipulation

Ha, ha! Some of us weren't born yesterday. For Darcy the self-proclaimed "psycho" to know all about Rhett's lovelife during the separation but lie about her sex with Jeff (and the others) is certainly an "empowering" advantage to have in the second go-around of this marriage (wink, wink)! No doubt poor old brow-beaten Rhett is still in the dog house.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
WTF

is Anonymous below babbling about?! Manipulation? Her ex had realtionships during their divorce, oh and let's not forget he cheated on her while they were married, she in comparison went so far as to hug, kiss and in one instance, masturbate a date. But somehow this makes her some conniving bitch that will use it to her advantage in her and her ex's future relationship. Here, we go again...women=evil, men=misunderstood, and long suffering. He's the one, who kept begging to come back and her stupid ass can't help but love him, but oh well she'll see in the end...once a cheater, always a cheater.

Martyr2002Martyr2002almost 16 years ago
Liked this story too

It was a well written sequel and I really liked it. It had the same flaw as other recon stories though. The "only one love in the world will do" syndrome. I can't understand why she couldn't find someone else to be with. I'm a once a cheater always a cheater kinda guy. Gender makes no difference to me on the matter. So in my mind she will never be able to completely trust him, and that fact will ultimately make them miserable. She will be always waiting for him to fail again and he will always be afraid of her taking their life together away for the simplest infractions. Sounds like a perfect description for Hell if you ask me. But then again, isn't that what the cheating bastard deserves?

eliocecheteliocechetabout 15 years ago
Two wonderful stories

I appreciated very much booth Rhett and Darcy story. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
THANK YOU

love it, if only there were more like this

saratusaratuabout 13 years ago
Another fine read.

A truly great ending, and very well written. R.T.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 12 years ago
Nice add on there -

LOL

It is sometimes nice to write and answer to the doubters and those who fail to get it - sometimes even weak fools deserve a second chance - male or female - now we just have to have faith in our judgement once in a while heh.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Decent

Although a decent tale it didn't really add much to the original. Still, a happy ending is always nice.

Tim413413Tim413413about 9 years ago
A very good read, but

too much repletion from the original. I'm not talking about repeating the theme; I'm talking about lifting entire lines. She is "writing/telling" this after the fact. Very unlikely she could remember the exact lines (and their timing/sequence) he used in his story.

PTraumPTraumover 8 years ago
Stand by my comments in the previous chapter

The sword of Damocles is always hanging over your head in a relationship. Having your partner point it out (and so crassly I might add) only serves to highlight that it will always be between you. Give them the second chance, or don't. If they are truly repentant (and you truly want to "move on" together) throwing it back in their face (even just once) only undermines your foundation, which is already shaky.

miss_hornymiss_hornyalmost 8 years ago
S.O.B

he was a cheating S O B, "BUT" no matter what road we walk in life ever one is entitled to a second chance in life, she gave him that and it seems it was her best choice she ever made "TRUE LOVE" will always prevail

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
what a total prick asshole he is

deserved everything he got...just why did she take such a jerk back....was the baby even his...did he get a DNA test done......he was your typical pathetic piece of shit thinking with his dick not his brains...she was stupid to allow the loser back...should have moved on and found a better man....she deserved to be treated with respect and be happy...

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
So Good

Reading stories like this will hurt my reputation as a mean guy. This reconciliation story was so damn good. I loved Darcy, one of the best female characters that I have encountered in LW. She was really "top of the tree" for me. Just a great story.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Just read it again. Previous comment stands. I love Darcy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

When two special needs adults marry, I would have thought significant public resources would be available to help them manage their lives. These two are clearly mentally challenged yet struggle along with no apparent assistance other than platitudes from their respective families of origin. At least for the sake of the children, some regularly scheduled visits by a case worker or two seem to be indicated here.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

He was a jerk. I liked Darcy. But she couldn't get past him. Some people can't. She certainly tried. He appeared to change and she took a chance. The divorce and several years apart was the right thing. Writing was a bit stilted and choppy. Very matter of fact, with Darcy telling everything in past tense and little dialog. But story was creative and realistic. No clue wht previous poster thinks Darcy is mentally challenged. Whatever.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy10 months ago

Nice contrast to the previous story!

5

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

+2 for the hilarious diaper changing story!

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

I think if the two stories were combined it would be much better. Part one lacked any true reason why he or she reconcile. He was doing pretty good single and so was she. This part explains why as in she couldn't get past him. No tingle with other guys. He on the other hand has a wife and mother at the ready and boy would it save money if she takes him back. SO well worth the effort on his part!

timrivtimriv6 days ago

Apart for three years plus, you don’t get back together. Besides no woman stays celibate for three years.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
5718 Followers
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Regrets Previous Part
Regrets Series Info

SIMILAR Stories