All Comments on 'Something...'

by EmeliaBell

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
LeBrozLeBrozabout 17 years ago
~~

Well, there goes my audio card. There's something about a true English accent that can turn erotic into EROTIC.

LeBrozLeBrozabout 17 years ago
~~

This poem was mentioned in Monday's New Poems Reviews.

----------

AmyfriendAmyfriendabout 17 years ago
Oh my...

Temperature rose 10 degrees as I listened to you reciting the poem...Well done.

CharleyHCharleyHabout 17 years ago
Excellent pace

Your active voice makes this poem more than the poem itself, which is simple. Yet, sexy is something you certainly have, girl. (the metre says I gave 75, but I'd have given an 80 if I could and only for that damn accent of yours!). CH

BelegonBelegonabout 17 years ago
I agree with...

...what you said in the thread...that this poem is a spoken word piece and sounds better then it reads. Now, I often read the works here and in books out loud anyway, but I do appreciate hearing your interpretation more...I'd love to see you read it, watch your expression and get the full impact.

BTW, a 4 From CharleyH is a fine score...she's not the 5-slut I am...getting her interested in your work is a mixed blessing. Your average score may go down, but she'll give you good honest feedback and your skill will increase.

I'm a scorekeeper too (*blush*), but I'd always be pleased to get feedback from her, regardless of score...

arienettearienetteabout 17 years ago
Wow...

This is absolutely wonderful and LeBroz was right, your voice is amazingly sexy. Fantastic work.

duddle146duddle146about 17 years ago
rich erotic feeling.

unbelievably sexy

Salvor-HardonSalvor-Hardonalmost 17 years ago
*shiver*

The repetitions and the cadence give it an almost Edgar Allen Poe like quality, as if the Raven were intended to arouse rather than chill.

And yes it has to be listened to, not just read. Your voice makes that much more powerful.

egelanteegelanteover 16 years ago
Nicely done...

Now, poetry is something that I really do appreciate, and this one is very effective indeed.

It went fairly well in my head, but your voice added a lot to that.

In some pathetic gesture, my headphone cable slithered off my desk whilst I was listening... I kid you not.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userEmeliaBell@EmeliaBell
104 Followers
Emelia Bell is an author whose voice, both written and spoken, is uniquely English. She writes intense and steamy stories with strong characters and plots and mind-blowing sex scenes. If your taste runs to the Anglophiliac and you appreciate a plot-driven stroke story then E...