All Comments on 'Spirit of Love'

by slyc_willie

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Wonderful

I knew something different was going on but you got me. I didn't realize that he was a ghost. Great story from a different perspective.

DesertPirateDesertPirateabout 17 years ago
Wonderful

I knew something different was going on but you got me. I didn't realize that he was a ghost. Great story from a different perspective. Forgot to log in. Thanks for this one, I look forward to more of your stories.

aprileaaprileaabout 17 years ago
Wonderful

That was wonderful. You made me cry, but that's not a bad thing. That was a sweet story. Everybody should read this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Wonderful

What a wonderful love story - love beyond death. What better gift could a loved one give than to ensure happiness to their earthbound partner. I realised about halfway through that he must be a ghost but that just made the story more special for me,

zoelzoelabout 17 years ago
amazing

absolutly amazing. completly had me with the ghost part, i had no idea. such a lovely story, you made me cry as well. it takes something to be able to make people cry with words.

SwedeqSwedeqabout 17 years ago
Good

The story.....is the thing. Well crafted and executed. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Caught me flat-footed

I have to admit (dammit) I never saw that coming.

But this, friends, is good writing. The author is clearly at ease with words.

Too bad they don't have those eerie-anthology series on HBO or Showtime anymore... this would make a killer entry.

Unbridled_PassionUnbridled_Passionabout 17 years ago
great story!

you had me going, then came the ghost. I never saw it coming!!!!

Unbridled_PassionUnbridled_Passionabout 17 years ago
great story!

quite a surprising endind!

l8blooml8bloomabout 17 years ago
you *bastard*

...making me cry like that. You told your tale too well, author. Don't you know how much I love my husband?

TE999TE999about 17 years ago
Heartwrenching tale...

of love reaching from beyond the grave. A sad and wonderful read. Good luck in the contest.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
*tears*

awesome. Made me cry. Didn't expect it to end like that at all.

damppantiesdamppantiesabout 17 years ago
Awesome

That was just incredible. As I was reading, at first I couldn't help but think it's just another story, but the end was a complete surprise and you got me with that one. Such a lovely story appropriate for Valentine's Day.

rachlourachlouabout 17 years ago
Wonderful story!

As always, a great story - well done :)

RogueLurkerRogueLurkerabout 17 years ago
You never disappoint

Great story ... bittersweet and beautifully told.

scriptordelectoscriptordelectoabout 17 years ago
Beautiful!

I loved your phrase "spirit of love". I think that's what we all are trying to capture anytime we read or write a romantic story. You've done so eloquently!

Script

Selena_KittSelena_Kittabout 17 years ago
Erotic Sixth Sense!

This was masterful--you totally got me, and that just don't happen that often! lol Awesome story, good luck! :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Great story!

Sad and poignant tale, masterfully executed. Impressive. Good luck in the contest.

starrkersstarrkersabout 17 years ago
Damn!

Since when are stories on this site supposed to make you cry?

You rotten swine you! That was beautifully written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
More Romances

You should really write more romances. This one was really well written! It was sad, inspiring, and romantic all at the same time.

_Lynn__Lynn_about 17 years ago
Amazing

This is so beautifully done. You captured it exquisitely!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
I was curious as to

what you would write, so I chose this because I liked the name. Wow, it was absolutely beautiful and heartrending and sweet. I'm very very impressed.

squadychixsquadychixabout 17 years ago
So unexpectedly beautiful and touching

Please consider writing more romance stories. Totally blew me away!

sxcascinnsxcascinnalmost 17 years ago
Wow

I have nothing to say but wow. This is the first story of yours I have read and you had me wanting to keep reading from the first. Wow.

FatBottomedGirlFatBottomedGirlabout 16 years ago
damnit

my eyes are burning cos i'm trying not to cry. what a beautiful story. thank you so much for sharing it.

secretmesecretmeabout 16 years ago
Wow...

I don't know how to say how much I was touched by this one...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Wow!

Masterful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Damn...

I friggin' CRIED. One minute I'm horny, and the next I've got tears on my cheeks. That story was probably the most brilliant submission on this site. Cheers to you, and your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Let's see what he thinks...

This is the first of your stories I've read. I ran my eye down your stories list, looking at the categories, until I saw "Romance". Hmm, says I. Before I try anything else, let's see what this guy thinks qualifies as "romance". I'm so glad I did. I don't believe in ghosts, actually, but I can suspend my disbelief long enough to appreciate this most touching story of love and honor. Wow, darlin'. Just... wow.

clark3001clark3001over 14 years ago
You are one of the finest writers here

...and Spirit of Love proves it. Sorrow, Joy, Pleasure are reflected though your stories.Keep writing for us !

srgeeksrgeekover 14 years ago
Shades of madness.

Very weird, nobody returns from the grave. Death is the end, there is nothing past death (for everyone). That is the true reason for making the best of the life that you have. Of course "life" goes on taking no notice of our births or deaths.

<P>

<I>-- srgeek --</I>

cpm09cpm09about 14 years ago
beautiful!

It was sad, but really nice. I couldn't help it..I cried in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago

beautiful story, beautifully written

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Poignant

Beautiful story, well done. Thank you for sharing. Reminds me of the movie "Always". Check it out. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Wow

Oh my God your story is just beautiful. Thank you!!! Bob S

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Beautiful, heartbreaking story but also portrays the spirit of love very well

Wow! Words cannot do this story justice -- that is how GOOD this story is. I was expecting a long, drawn out novel but instead you managed to fit everything in two concise pages that still portrayed emotion. Silly me, I didn't think that Pete was a ghost. Somehow, I always imagined he was spying on her (not in a bad way). That was a surprising twist and I know I will enjoy more of your works. : )

LadyVerLadyVeralmost 10 years ago
Great story!

I almost cried. This is definitely romance. :)

GoodhueGoodhueover 7 years ago
Just Too Sad

As said the Cowardly Lion in the "Wizard of Oz","I do believe in spooks,I do believe in spooks.I do,I do,I DO!"

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Bro

(SPOILERS)Throughout the whole story I thought the guy was an stalker feeling guilty for leaving that girl. Then he killed himself. Bro, now I'm sad for him.⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman6 months ago

Great. figured he was a Ghost just before the bartender.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous