All Comments on 'Love Is A Silk Blindfold Ch. 03'

by angiquesophie

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Really dont know a think more than the first

chapter, except the wife makes herself scarce when she wants to and she has a very unusual job. The bit about the client leaving unexpectedly just before lunch and the table being reserved for just two is a confusion factor set by the writer. It could mean something or it could mean nothing as they didnt expect the client to eat with them. If the wife is cheating it appears she is whoring, sex for a job, since she professes such love for her husband it should not be for a job. The excuse it is just sex doesnt work either since it appears to be her boss, although she could be a side benefit for clients or a deal maker per se. And she says the sex with her husband is very good. I am a very direct person, were it me I would either hire the detective or directly tell her what I thought and why and let her dispell it without question. I would also not have had sex with her with her and I having been tested for STDS and AIDS, life is to short already to cut if off prematurely. There is little to be lost by directly confronting her. If she is guilty of adultry, cheating, deceiving, disrespect, and infidelity she should be divorced immediately. They have no children she has a good job with good money, he has nothing to lose by disposing of trash if she is a cheating wife or whore as it may be. This back and forth thinking is what a person unsure of themselves would do, what money manager would even begin to act in such an indecisive way?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
More weak willed men... yawn

this chapter is not as horrid as chapter 4 5 and 6... The husband has caught his wife in at least two SERIOUS lies... No client at the Hilton and when he asked about her being seen at the Hilton with Mancini she said nothing.........at this point I suppose he could be in denial as some men might be... but later on as he gets real physical proof... well you will see

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 17 years ago
The story is moving much too slowly.

Since this story has already been written, what is wrong with putting more of the story in each chapter, with fewer chapters? I feel as if very little is happening with each episode. There are a few subtle hints, then nothing. The main male character, Jules, seems to react the way a woman would react to the idea that her husband is cheating on her. There are a lot of rationalizations, there is too much disbelief, there is denial after denial. He sees lots of suspicious absences which really are not explained by Elizabeth's duties. He has witnessed the affectionate exchanges between his wife and her boss, so has his former friend Paul (whom he called a "bitch"). The pattern is becoming a lot like the author's other serial story "A New and Delicate Balance." Jules, like Eric in the other story, basically does nothing. He is passive, just like a woman. Really, despite the mockery, what is wrong with hiring a private detective? Jules is a money manager and can almost certainly afford it. A professional can efficiently find out exactly what is going on. That's what wealthy Americans do. They don't sit around commiserating about what will be lost if this is really happening. And they don't try for mercy fucks from their lover who is cuckolding them. Men are direct, women are circumspect. A man would just ask his wife if she is seeing another man. Or he would get the evidence, then confront her (these days, many women would do this also). Are we next going to hear from Elizabeth that she is able to love two men and her husband needs to understand and accept this? I suspect Jules has already licked out quite a few dilute creampies from his wife, which turns her on so much she then gets it on with Hubbie. In summary, I have difficulty accepting the lead male character (money managers are aggressive!) as depicted. Despite the good use of language, I give this episode low marks for being "uncroyable."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
I think you're doing a good job

But the suspense is killing me

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Bon appetite.

One should savour this story as one would his/her favourite meal. Chew each mouthful slowly and enjoy the richness and flavour of the emotion then realise the delicate taste of the sauce within the sentences. A sauce, perhaps, only the French or Belgiums could conjure up.

I raise my glass…Salut

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
first thing i look for in a story

common sense,why hubby haven't ask wife why she tell coworker not to tell him where she is?see women writers miss this point fucking your hubby don't make him think you not whoring around.touching and rubbing a married woman in public is a no no,unless you're fucking her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
too short

oh no, that means haters will have more ammus. LOL. everybody is anticipating your coming chapters. especially the haters. LOL

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
slow moving

It is such a drag, too slow moving.

Lies twice, caught red handed and yet the husband did not see the need to get proof of the crime. Such indecisiveness bring more pain and hurt. I guess he deserved it, as he is such an ox.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
A

very intriguing story,I am not sure that she is lying,there are perfectly reasonable explanations for everything so far.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Great, but I hate waiting...

...for the next chapter. In older times there would follow something like "Please, swich on also next year to hear Miss Piggy say..." and then some advertise.

bornagainbornagainabout 17 years ago
Another cockolding wife

Its another cockolding wife story jules is being cheated on by betty why doesnt he divorce her?

atlanta,Ga

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
define fidelity

The point that is specifically not being said by the author (smart move) is that fidelity means complete openness with your partner. The established infidelity is the lack of openness from the wife, and it is getting only worse. That is the key in this story, and it is being done very well. The tension is superb, and the hammer is about to pound the last nail into the coffin.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 17 years ago
Crap BUT well written crap

We all known men are NOT as emotionally complwx as women. Men think Linear -- A B C D . Yet as many others have already pointed out this author has SERIOUS problems with straight men characters. And it is NOT just in this story but in <b>ALL </b> of her writings... and I think this b/c the author is Gay or bi sexual. It is obvious that despite the amazing literay skill the author has never ever talked to a regular GUY for more than 5 minutes. For example Read her awful story <b>I BELIEVED IN HER </b>... in THAT story a Guy runs into an old college girlfriend at a bar who his drunk and has already fucked 3 other men that night. She openly tells him she is a slut. He marries her anyway....13 years later finds out she is still fucking aiound... <b>when he confronts her she disappears for a week to fuck other men and he STILL takes her back. </b>.......................

In THIS story the husbands denial is well weoman like... when you are done reading chapter 3 you expect the husband to start menstrating

BazzzBazzzabout 17 years ago
The suspense continues

Just waiting to see what happens. I anxiously await the next chapter. By the way I think you are having the woman do just enough to make Jules think that maybe he shouldn't ask her if she is having an affair and then dipping us back into suspicion. Well done.

TiggerTooTiggerTooabout 17 years ago
The tension builds.

Just a couple of comments. Most guys can’t afford to hire a PI, so I’m glad to see hubby didn’t. More realistic. <P> Many women have ‘women’s intuition’ so wifey ought to have noticed a change in hubby’s demeaner and questions. Clearly, hubby is disturbed about something and this should be clear to wifey. While wifey notices something is wrong with hubby, she feels she can bluff her way out of whatever it is. That speaks volumes. Wifey is preoccupied with something and that is interfering with her ability to think rationally and address hubby’s concerns in a decisive manner. ‘Define fidelity’ said it well. <P> Phil

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Pity

Pity, this story showed so much promise, but it hasn't delivered--too much introspection, too much out of character for a MALE character, too much dragging the story. But since you have your cheerleading fans, why pay attention to what anybody sincerely believes? There is a reason for comments, and if these are going to be completely disregarded or defended against the opinions of posters, why have a comment section?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
author is

going to have bitch Paul, ex-friend who's still calling Stanford graduae hubby, take him to a motel room or probably a whore house, so he could punch the light out of a whore who looked like his beloved wife, whom Paul insisted he's seen exchanging saliva with boss and other men.

stanford graduate hubby's gonna call Paul, the ex best friend the baddest ex best friend he ever known, for trying to ruin his life by presistingly lying to him, because Paul is jealous of his beloved wife, who talks in French in her commuication with stanford graduate hubby.

hubby wrote a philosophical book on introspection and how you must believe your beloved wife over your very bad ex best friend. it went to the top of the list as the best seller.

and then, at the end, the clever author ran out of ways to make the smart stanford graduate hubby and NY Times best seller hubby look like a moron, to a few of us here in Lit. land, that is,,, so the author had the hubby SEE his wife exchanging saliva with boss and other. but hubby still wanted to give his beloved wife the benefit of the doubt, by giving her a chance to explain what the kiss was all about!

she said, "oh, I usually give my boss and you and others I am around on a daily basis, those I love, kisses like that, honey! You know me! It means nothing, okay?"

he said, "Okay, sorry, honey,,, I was thinking you was kissing him as a lover! How stupid of me!"

"I forgive you, dear husband." Wink-wink to us, her audience! Stay tuned! The author subtle signal is that Paul, the ex, ex-best friend is now trying to communicate to the stanford graduate husband and NY Times best seller via anothe communicating mode, as he refused to talk to him through phone! Paul's been so distraught over his former friend, as to why HE excommunicated HIM as best a friend, over cheating activities HE did not have but it was HIS friend's wife who did it!

God, this is so complex, so deep, so well thought out, it mighty as well be submitted to a publisher for real book publication!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Oh, no!

Sophie, I love your writing but I'm growing to hate your plots. I can see it coming, Jules is gonna get dumped on big time. She's cheating on him with someone - maybe her boss, maybe his friend Paul, maybe his secretary Judy, or maybe all of 'em! Jules will careen from humiliation to despair and you'll lay out his emotional turmoil and mental anguish in your own exquisite style. I just know I'm gonna hate it and I can hardly wait!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
too slow. another wimp in the making

thisis going much to slow.. You need to get to the point and quit allthe introspection. The guy is such a wimp. and that will be the outcome I'm sure......provided you ever complete this dragged out thing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Up and down story

Nice writing, good tension build up with one strong vote for her innocence in her happiness at seeing him at lunch and apparent sincere invitation to have him join her and boss for lunch. On the othert hand, If my secretary adamantly refused to tell my wife where I was or how to get in touch with me on two separate occasions, my wife would strongly suggest I fire secretary and find a more tactful replacement, yet Dumbo doesn't complain or confront wife about arrogant attitude of her secretary. Not credible!

60 year old George

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
Sociopath

Or just a very cold, calm and collected lady who knows her future path is set, regardless of anyone else's. "Hubby? No Hubby? Mox Nix!"

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loving it

The suspense is killing me. Amazing!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

Even though the general storyline is typical of LE, you tell it with incredible depth. Five stars.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Love

Love is a lot of things, but I'm pretty sure this isn't it.

Tootight1Tootight1over 3 years ago
get an attorney

Don't touch it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Dragggging... It might be silk, but he's tied it around his neck and he is twisting it.

DukeofPaducahDukeofPaducah15 days ago

I can’t shake the suspicion that this marriage was made somewhere other than Heaven. Stay tuned to find out.

Sidebar to Harryin VA:

I’ve come to believe you’re never going to realize the moment you begin your speculation on this author’s motives and the attempts at her character assassination, any credibility you may have had went out the window.

“Damn my eyes! This author has serious issues! I’ve read all of her garbage stories twice now and they’re always the same!” Here’s a shocker: your comments are too. Next time you feel the urge to speculate on issues,

try mixing things up and use your own issues.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userangiquesophie@angiquesophie
1326 Followers
42 years ago I was born near Brussels, the Belgian capital. Since my 15th birthday I live in Amsterdam, where I own a small fashion atelier. We specialize in custom designed corsets and assessories that cater to the exclusive tastes of a wealthy, discreet clientele with a cert...