All Comments on 'Love Is A Silk Blindfold Ch. 05'

by angiquesophie

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
Irish_DomIrish_Domabout 17 years ago
Thats all?

That can't be all! She sure as anything is cheating on him or at least the madam for the others. What is it that she won't do? Is it that she won't have sex with a client or is it some sex act hat she won't do? There has got to be at least one more chapter. To get the back to wear you started the story with both friends sitting in the bar.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 17 years ago
unbeleiveable unfathomable well written CRAP

No wonder this guy gets cheated on -- he is a moron. But then aren't ALL the straight decent men in ANGIQUESOPHIE stories complete bumbling inept fools with IQs below 100? ??? Has she ever written a sory where the man has a brain?.

<br></br>

what is so repulsive about this Gay man/ husband is that no matter how damning this NEW evidence about the wife .... all this guy JULES .... or should I say JULIE ....does is have sex. He never asks the BIG question and never purses the truth. Now in additon to ALL the other numeorus other dmaning evidence Lies and omssions from chapters 2-3-4... JULES now sees a whore dressed up as Betty... and comes across business card from Robert Mancini with Bettys private cell number ...

<b>?Most unexplainably he does NOT ever ask Betty about the card!!!! at the very least shouldnt JULES be concerned that the wife's boss is using hookers that are dressed up like his wife !?!?!? </b>

<br></br>

THEN.... he comes home and overhears this ....

<br></br>

<i>"No, damn it. You know I won't! (...) We have an agreement on that, I won't do it (...) I see your problem, darling (...) My problem too? Okay, my problem too, but I won't, you hear? (...) Get someone else (...) Yes (...) Fuck you too." </i>

and what does he<b> DO?</b> well he fucks Betty again. what a relief... for a minute I thought we might have Jules ask a question or maybe even have some plot development

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusabout 17 years ago
Calm down Irish

Great story, very much like real life, messy conflicting details make it hard to see the truth, if there is one.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 17 years ago
The ending drops the score to 25% . . .

What a disappointment this "final" episode is. Women hit women, real men don't hit women. Abusive men possibly, but I don't consider them to be real men, just real criminals. A money manager, who is presumably educated, who gets all emotional and then starts punching his "wife" in the face, then finds out she's not his wife? I'm sorry, this just does not compute. BTW, I wonder earlier in the story why Betty would stay overnight in a hotel in the city in which she (and Jules) live? When a meeting is in the city of residence, it is customary for people to return home after a meeting, even a late meeting, and then go back to the meeting room (in the hotel or wherever) early the next morning if the meeting is to continue the next day. They don't book a room . . . also, they don't book a room with their boss. A woman would have her own, private room and would later be reimbursed by her employer. Why didn't Jules find her booking her own room any of the times he was in the hotel? I also agree with Harry (in VA) that Jules does nothing in the entire story except meet a few times with Paul, with his secretary, and then have sex with his wife which makes everything better each time. The story line is just not plausible. I really like the quality of your writing, AngiqueSophie, but you still have problems portraying a male character as anything except a wimp who acts much more like a woman than a man. If you have any male friends (who are not bisexual or gay), you might ask their perspective in this regard.

bruce22bruce22about 17 years ago
More, More!

The truth is so long in coming,or

has it all ready passed through the

room several times?

As Libby says getting so much emotion

out of the client proves that someone

writes very well!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
What can be said...

...for such a disappointment? Your characters are unreal and their actions bizrare. Repetitive actions without clarity of enlightenment don't merit anything more than a 25.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Alas the last chapter is coming, number 6

You have made the procurer avoid the problem with her husband. But now that the look alike is injured who takes her place. Will her boss force her to be the prostitute this time? I am sorry by this time the phone lines would have been bugged. And I am afriad I would be off work to check up on my girl if I did not hire a PI which this guy had money to do. Would be nice if he was smart enough to drop the whole company into being broken up for prostitution but the writer wont give what she herself does not have. It has been an interesting story thus the 25 but just goes to show that some people think with an IQ of about 50 and are willing to believe anything someone they love says. Trust is the basis of a relationship, out of that trust comes fidelity, loyalty, respect, and total honesty. The wife has already let a few of those go, and so has the husband. Whether she is cheating or not the relationship now is just based on sex, nothing more, nothing less. When will women learn the more partners you have the greater your chance of being infected by a great numer of very bad diseases?

BazzzBazzzabout 17 years ago
Great chapter

You really keep piquing my interest. It seems that the main charactor is being played from both sides. I haven't quite figured Paul's motive buth that's what makes this storyline so great.

The peanut gallery seems to think that you've ended the story. I'm hoping you keep going.

rebolzrebolzabout 17 years ago
ending...

The ending left a few unanswered questions but the story was very well written and a great character study. I hate the wham bam thank you maam stories. I love when the author delves into the heads of the characters. Is there a followup???

ohioohioabout 17 years ago
it's the tension and the ambiguity

that make the story so powerful. It seems impossible to believe that Betty is NOT cheating in some way, and yet she so clearly seems to adore Jules that it makes sense (at least to me) that his confusion would overwhelm him.

**************** Some readers are calling for him to be decisive, throw her out, etc. Well how can he? He's an indecisive guy, still deeply in love with his wife, and terrified of what he might find out. Plus, after beating up an innocent whore, wouldn't YOU be hesitant about taking any further rash steps?

********************* Please keep in mind: you don't need to think the characters are perfect, or that they're behaving the way YOU would, to enjoy and respect the story. This one is intense, twisted, confusing, mysterious, sexy........

Thanks Angique! ohio

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Not Over

If the story is over,than the last one stunk,if not over then there is still hope for closere. Too many questions left.Good writing either way.

lancewmlancewmabout 17 years ago
If this is ending then not great, if more then...

So many unanswered questions so far to be good ending. The story so far is great for setting up an ending still to come. Jules is bizzare at times the way his emotions run and blind him, but some people are this bizzare.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 17 years ago
Wrong AGAIN Ohio ; figures YOU cannot see it

OHIO's post is a classic case of tension that exists between writers and Readers... Writers completely mis understakng WHY readers react a certain way... and given some of OHIO' stories his reaction is totally expected.

<br></br>

OHIO wrote

<i></i>

some readers are calling for him to be decisive, throw her out, etc Well how can he?<i></i>

<br></br>

NO Ohio .... what some of us want is a real MAN thjat acts and behaves NOT like he is GAY But who acts like a Man...... No one says throw her out at THIS point

<u>(Not a single Non anonymous poster n 5 chapters has said that!!!)</u> --- but Many do say "come on JULES do something!!!".... besides cry and fuck

<br></br>

<i></i>

He's an indecisive guy,<i></i>

<br></br>

No its calLed being a wimp. <b>Having JULES Beating up women -- even a whore-- makes him MORE of WIMP. Its part of this Writer clear and obvious male bashing agenda that has him beating up women as TYPICAL man thing to do. It certainly makes JULES look even weaker than before!!! </b>

<br></br>

<i></i>

....Please keep in mind: you don't need to think the characters are perfect, or that they're behaving the way YOU would, to enjoy and respect the story.

<i></i>

<br></br>

I agree. The author portrays JULES as hard nose Money manager... which is a person that believes in facts over feelings concrete over promises. Yet OHIO is telling us that even though this author sets up the premise with JULES occupation...somehow it is WRONG for me to keep that premise in mind. <b> In other words yes ANGIQUESOPHIE' has JULES as hard nose hetro factual money manager but when JULES comes across as wimp gay like coward that believes in Hunches over facts and wont look at hard evidence he already has.... it is WRONG for ME to say WTF? </b>

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Well

Since you painted him as a violent woman busting bastard anyway, finish the job. How about this. Jules eased up behind Betty as she finished her phone conversation and smiled sweetly, quietly raising the silenced Buckmark to her temple as he kissed her, he slowly pulled the trigger. "Sorry whore, just fucking with my head too much to keep you around." As he eased her lifeless body to the floor. The end.

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 17 years ago
A comment from the Peanut gallery

As another “wham bam thank you maam” and a stickler for primitive and arcane notions such as real development in a plot, I was shameful to be reminded that I also needed to honor complexity and ambiguity. I was searching into my soul to see where I went wrong, when I was reminded of my travails in reading “Ulysses”; Moby-Dick and Proust’s “A la recherche du temps perdu”. The memory of surviving those challenging complex (even ambiguous!) works and still enjoying them did a lot to restore some sense of self dignity which I was quickly loosing while reading the ire and contempt conveyed by most posters who did not only expressed their legitimate pleasure from the story but also their opinion on those who did not. *********************************************

Why couldn’t I simply join the lucrative avant guard of mavens here? Why can’t I see what they see? Well, as it happens some of the answer came from the same people who provided their top praises in their own language! It sounds like deep inside they feel not unlike those who had problems with the story! It looks like they too are confused by ongoing stagnation in character and plot; lack of any coherency in characters behavior and motivation. ***********************************************

Now this is the crux. While I call it as I see it, they cal it: mysterious intriguing complex and even ambiguous. Reg. the first two epithets, I have no qualms about it. If I see a person standing in front of a wall shedding tears out of ecstasy of emotions from his ‘found art’, who am I to disrupt his joy? But when I see epithets which have more to them, like pointing to some qualities which could be examined by a third person, I say, let’s examine it! *********************************************

It seems to me that my friends confuse contradictions; repetitions; randomness and incoherency with complexity and ambiguity. To you I say: show me those qualities in the text. But realize first that both concepts logically presuppose A COHERENT STRUCTURE. For example, You can’t call a pile of logs either ‘complex’ or ‘ambiguous’ its simply a random pile of logs. ********************************************

I am afraid my friends that you will have at some point to come to terms and realize some inevitable mistakes (no public mia culpa is necessary). You can’t claim at the same breath that you do not understand the basic tenets of the plot or the motivation of a character and at the same time attribute qualities such as complexity and ambiguity which assume some coherency or structure (which admittedly you did not find). Insisting on doing that is called acting irrationally. ***************************************************

It is fair to demand that Harry tones down his rhetoric (it seems that a progress has been made). Would not it be also intellectually honest to try and take up the challenge he seems to throw at the people who feel that there is no blemish in the story? CAN you respond to the concrete textual questions he put forward or alternatively, can you provide alternate explanations to seeming incoherencies?

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
I rated it 1*

He is a violent jealous ass. She should divorce that jerk before he puts her in the hospital. Nothing worse than men that beat up women.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
Bright beam of light...then a brief waft of fetid fart!

Red-head doppelganger solution looking good, even though it puts Paul's earlier confidence into question. THEN we overhear one end of a telling phone call!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loving it

Five stars, but in the end her conversation is never really explained. She seems so unapologetic and glib about her affairs, but here she seems to be forced into doing it.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

Great job of setting him and his friend at odds. Love the conflict.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Aqui

Hay Gato encerrado.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userangiquesophie@angiquesophie
1327 Followers
42 years ago I was born near Brussels, the Belgian capital. Since my 15th birthday I live in Amsterdam, where I own a small fashion atelier. We specialize in custom designed corsets and assessories that cater to the exclusive tastes of a wealthy, discreet clientele with a cert...