All Comments on 'Never Again, Again'

by RedHairedandFriendly

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Great

I believe this version is better than the first one.

Boyd

jack_strawjack_strawabout 17 years ago
nice

Sweet little romance, nice and sexy, with a good lesson for married couples. Having read some of your later work, I can see how you've grown as a writer from this beginning. I think all of us who've done a lot of these stories can go back and look at our first few works and see so many ways they can be improved. My personal philosophy, though, is that once it's out, it's done and on to the next story. A few comments about this story. I'd like to see shorter graphs. They give the story more punch. I know some readers like a short, wham-bang story, but I prefer a little more character development. I'd like to see a little more background on why and how John and Karen's sex life started to wane. And I'm not sure what purpose the little squiggly dividers served. They're a distraction unless you have an abrupt change in POV, or a completely new angle to the story that you're introducing, which is not the case here. Here, they interrupt the flow of the story. Those are minor criticisms, however. All in all, this was a very good, very well-written story by a talented writer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
You've come a long way

DC:

Glad to re-read some of your earlier work. It is great to compare it with your current stories because it is so obvious and delightful to observe how you have grown and matured as an author. Thank You. Ronnie W.

Landrious1Landrious1about 17 years ago
Vast improvment!

The original story was good. A quick no frills romantic vignette. This is a fleshed out well rounded Story of lust, love, and life's all too frequent tendency to get in the way of living and loving. Well done!

Skip1934aSkip1934aabout 17 years ago
Couldn't find

I couldn't fine "Never Again", so couldn't make a comparison. But this version is professional grade work, Red. Keep it up, girl.

RedHairedandFriendlyRedHairedandFriendlyabout 17 years agoAuthor
Duh on me. . . .

Yeah, I didn't think that through did I? I removed the original. lol. . . Trust me, it was rough. Tense changes and spelling, grammar. Yikes! For an idea of how rough just read some earlier things (Met on the Net) or (Finally His, Finally Hers). Thanks for the great comments guys! It means a lot. I've had a ball writing at Lit.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusabout 17 years ago
Nice

Nice story. Thanks for writing. While you are working out 'issues' you might get rid of the "cheery lip balm" in the first paragraph and correct "but she could remember" in the second paragraph. I am assuming she could not remember the morning kiss?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
good work

I think I would have enjoyed this more if it had been

longer..possibly another session of sex or carried on to the morning and Saturday.. Just too short..

ChristopherMaxwellChristopherMaxwellabout 17 years ago
Excellent work, Red....

...hope that things are better for you now. Or that they get better. xxx The sex was really nice, too.

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXabout 17 years ago
Wunderbar!

This story is one more winner for Red. She has yet to disappoint me. Two thumbs way, way up! Especially loved the ending.

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 17 years ago
Great!

A truly loving wife and she intended to keep it that way.. John's idea of her forgetting her underwear completely could keep their love life on high for quite some time.. Wonderful part of their love.

jushornyjushornyabout 17 years ago
Never

read the first version, but this version is tremendous Red, yet another super read

duddle146duddle146about 17 years ago
Beautifully Written!

Red,

You have provided living proof that you can take an older story and make it better. This story was a pure joy to read. You have certainly develop your craft. A very enjoyable Read.

LynnMckLynnMckover 11 years ago
Very Nice and Very Sexy.

Perhaps if my first wife had made that effort (instead of crawling into a bottle) we would still be married. But then I would have missed the 35 year with my second (and current) wife and that would have been a catastrophe!

Lynn

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous