All Comments on 'Sally & The Dead Concert'

by Hornyman69WithU

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
jack_strawjack_strawabout 17 years ago
trips...

Kind of short, but very erotic. Good description of a really good acid trip. Brought back one of my most pleasant memories ... The Dead at Manor Downs, a funky old racetrack outside Austin, Saturday night, Fourth of July, 1981... A bunch of us were partying at my friend's camper-back pickup several hours before the show when this VW Microbus pulled in next to us and all these stuck-in-the-60s hippies boiled out of it. They may have been in a time warp, but they had some incredible liquid LSD-25 that they were selling to finance this particular tour. We each ended up buying two separate doses, then I (foolishly?) dropped the tab of blotter I'd brought during the break. I got separated from my friends, but ended up about 25 feet from the stage. Not quite the best Dead show I ever saw, but it was close. Especially good was a gnarly China-Rider opening to the second set. After the show, me and a buddy were still tripping our asses off, so we went down to the cow pond across the road from the camping area and banged the hell out of a couple of chicks we ran into. Ah, to be 25 again...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
The Fox Theater

is a wonderful vaugely Arabic movie palace, with closed off room after room, rumoured to never have been fully explored.

And '78 was one of their best years. Those are some tastey tapes to listen to...straight even! :-)

[what does one Deadhead say to the other, after going three weeks without drugs? ...."man, this music sucks!" ...kidding!]

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous