All Comments on 'Staying Out of the Doghouse'

by SxRx

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
Unbridled_PassionUnbridled_Passionalmost 17 years ago
some good points here

but I do believe you could still wind up in the dog house if she reads this!(lol)

CthruCthrualmost 17 years ago
Works for me!

Very Good!

About cooking, not just breakfast but even hamburger or tuna helper served with a side dish and wine.

Notice and complement.

A good foot massage works on the hole body.

Thanks: Bill

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
one other tip....

Clean the bath tub first...

WhiteWave48WhiteWave48almost 17 years ago
Gentle humor

Lovely, gentle humor in this piece, with a good laugh here and there.

Alvaron53Alvaron53almost 17 years ago
Staying out of Fido's domain is impossible

Candy works good too. If you resort to sugery offerings too often however, don't say anything when she complains about her LBD being too tight, and don't grimace when she announces that she'll have to go shopping to get a new one. If she requests your attendance to said all-important shopping event (hopefully, not a full-blown spree), don't pass up the opportunity unless Fido has become incredibly lonely. Naw, not even then.

<P>

Made me laugh. Thanks, SxRx.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Spot on & hardly "trite & cliche"

I'm a young woman, neither 70+ nor fundamentalist by ANY means and you've got this right.

As women, this is what we're looking for in men. It is not patronizing to anticipate and to satisfy your partner's needs. As a woman, this type of man would have me enjoying sex once a day or more - because he gives & cherishes. I need a strong man who has a backbone and is willing to give so I can give back.

If you think women don't want this deep down, look at your media and who is happy. Most of my happily married & dating friends are all with men who know that sex starts WAYYYYYYY before you hit the sack at night.

The appliances thing? We don't like it.

Treat your wife like a mistress or a lover and you will keep her forever. We like excitement and a bit of nuturing too.

I'm happy to be a sex kitten to a man who treats me like a goddess. Just don't make it all about YOU and don't expect me to be ready if you haven't made an effort.

Men, if you're reading this - take his advice.

And no, if I knew my man read this, I wouldn't put him in the doghouse. I'd just reap the benefits. ;-)

rachlourachloualmost 17 years ago
That was ~

very funny with tongue firmly inserted in cheek! You did make many valid points but whether any men actually remember them is debatable!! Good luck in the contest.

RogueLurkerRogueLurkeralmost 17 years ago
:)

I suppose the alternative to following your advice is to renovate the doghouse, installing a beer fridge and satellite dish while at it. :) Humorous, but definitely some real advice sprinkled in to keep the piece honest. Well done SxRx - and I suspect you've never had to spend the night with Spot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
loved it

I am laughing out loud alone in my office and hoping I don't wake up my sleeping child down the hall. Great read.

Selena_KittSelena_Kittalmost 17 years ago
Amusing...

Here boy!

Stayyyyy... nooo, I said DOWN. Now, roll over... good boy!

Ruff!

Good luck in the contest :)

Selena

Boxlicker101Boxlicker101almost 17 years ago
This was

pretty good, with some useful hints. I haven't been in the doghouse for a long time, but that's just luck.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous