All Comments on 'Entering a Themed Literotica Contest'

by oggbashan

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
starrkersstarrkersalmost 17 years ago
Hey!

What are you trying to do? Steal away Last Place? No fair!!

Selena_KittSelena_Kittalmost 17 years ago
Great!

Great info... maybe you'll intice some newbies into our clutches... heh heh heh!

Selena

Tink4FairyTink4Fairyalmost 17 years ago
Great!

I pointed this out to a friend, who's now considering entering. Great!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Theory Doesn't Pan Out

It's a good theory that entering a Lit. themed contest will expand your readership, but I experimented with four contests and the theory didn't pan out. I didn't get any more readers for a contest entry, on average, as for similar-themed noncontest postings. At the end of the contest, after all the 1 votes (presumably multiple negative voting by contest entrants intent on winning) had been stripped off by the website guru's every three days or so, I didn't have any more votes on these stories than on similar ones not entered in the contest--and although most went quite hot (after the multiple negative votes were stripped), none made the minimum number of votes needed to qualify (probably because I don't have a bunch of friends voting each other's stories here).

What I did have was more than the usual number of comments on the stories, and as those were all favorable comments, I guess that was a plus--but did it increase my readership? I don't think so.

This isn't a complaint because, after those negative votes were stripped off, my contest entries didn't do any worse than my noncontest posted stories either.

I strongly doubt that any money is in your future from this either unless you have a big circle of voting buddies here.

Still, it's nice to have a theme to write to now and again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
i wish i had read this before my first contest

it would have made all the dread go away ...

thanks for supporting the contesters, ogg!

Maharat

MarshAlienMarshAlienalmost 17 years ago
This is...

well, I was tempted to use the word "brilliant," but that word is so overused on Literotica, and given out so freely to what are basically pieces of crap that will spend the rest of eternity on the Internet hovering between 4.49 and 4.51, with little red H's blinking on and off like the bulbs on a Christmas tree. But this! This mighty essay on entering, not just this contest, but all themed Literotica contests, seems destined to withstand the test of time. So let me say only that this was . . . interesting. Good luck, Ogg.

angelicminxangelicminxalmost 17 years ago
:D

You're funny, Og. Not as well written as the NaNo piece, but still good. Thank you for all of the support you give to all contestants. *Kiss* ~Minx

WhiteWave48WhiteWave48almost 17 years ago
King of Encouragement!

QUOTE: Great info... maybe you'll intice some newbies into our clutches... heh heh heh! Selena END QUOTE.

Yikes! She's right there about the 'clutches'! Seriously though, you did a great job with this essay, oggbashan. Not only did you make contest writing sound like something worth trying, but you also gave us 'the bad and the ugly' along with the good. Very honest.

Newbies out there - give it a go! The readers are the ones voting... I think... and the clutchy-itchies don't last too long.

l8blooml8bloomalmost 17 years ago
short, sweet, & 2 the point

A highly enjoyable how-to. Thanks for being so encouraging! My apologies for not catching up with this entry sooner ... sometimes I'm just L8. :(

LushDivaLushDivaabout 15 years ago
Great information

Hi thanks for the clear, concise, and humourous essay.

Lush

davebccanadadavebccanadaover 3 years ago
Thanks

Another well written how-to story. Thanks for sharing, I may well heed your advice and enter something some time.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useroggbashan@oggbashan
1528 Followers
Can I now change bio? oggbashan was diagnosed as terminally ill and expected to be dead by June 2018. As you can see. I am still here. . As long as I can I will continue writing and posting on Literotica but there will be an end - soon. I don't expect anyone to like ALL of my...