All Comments on 'Flight Delay'

by K.K.

Sort by:
  • 311 Comments
allforallallforallover 16 years ago
Proper level of confusion

I like stories that show confused feelings. Lets face it if we weren't confused we wouldn't have stories to tell.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Very Good

Interesting story, but you will probably get some flak on it.

Boyd

JakeRiversJakeRiversover 16 years ago
Nicely done ...

with a hint of poignancy. I liked the dialog between them. That's what doesn't happen enough.

Well structured and good pace - interesting all the time.

Regards, Jack

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 16 years ago
Nicely done

A fine story as we've come to expect from K.K. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
In the immortal words of John MacEnore

you cannot be fooking serious...

<br></br>

The story is superbly done with the opening scene at the airport. The ending does not even come close to working b/c the author makes certain the husband never deals with the REAL issue .

<br></br>

The husband talks to his wife 4 year ago and says I have this plan that will set us up for life but it is going to require 4 years of hard work and lots of travel. The wife agrees to it. The Husband isnt working for himself... or his carrer but to get them to a position of financial significance.

<br></br>

for reason that I cannot figure out -- maybe someone can-- the husband acting like an adult causes the wife to act like an asshole.

where does all this anger from here come from?

The wife INTENTIONALLY got drunk so she could intentionlly cheat. But in order to get around these FACT that was never discussed the husband cheats.

SECOND why does the hubsand after learning the truth about his Lying cheating wife somehow believe the she never cheated with anymore else ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
poor Kate

she married an egotistical asshole. i hope somebody tell her about Joey.

would you really torture a person you love because you can? he is a hypocrit. big time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
a good read

As usual, you again wrote a great read. I look in the new stories everyday to see if you wrote another one. Keep on keeping on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Thanks

Thanks for coming back. It seems to have been awhile since your last story. Your stories are always very rewarding with a lot of indepth thought, I always look forward to them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Interesting!!!

Very convenient in running into the old beau in Cortland. That way, he will be able to tell if his wife is lying or not. However, another ending for the story after they made up was for him to find the phone bills for the last few months, noting long distance charges from home to Cortland and back. Now he has to second guess whether what he was told was true or false.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Very good as Usual.

Glad you are back, I've missed your well roumded stories.

bruce22bruce22over 16 years ago
Yet another fine story

At least he did not give her a chance

to kick him out of the house. She seemed

a lot lower key than most of your heroines.

Could the fact that she was a teacher have

something to do with it.

Keep rolling out the stories and we will keep

reading!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Interesting tale

K.K. Welcome Back! This story is the usual well balanced, hold ones attention type of story. I note that in this case the wife (Kate, AKA Maggie) is rather low key. Actually the wife in Broderickburg Place was also rather subdued.

RAG

Gary_LostGary_Lostover 16 years ago
Love a happy ending

Thanks for writing. I enjoyed the story. The characters were very real.

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 16 years ago
Started with a bang....

...then about 2/3 the way through, it ran out of gas. I could not believe the wife would plan to get drunk and get laid, based on what had happened prior. Then the story finished with the double standard. Not K.K.'s usual quality story.

zerowaitstatezerowaitstateover 16 years ago
Good read

Overall I really enjoyed this story.

Only thing that bugged me is that I feel (as a husband) that he should have told Kate about his own infidelity with Joey. Then they would both have to get over the whole cheating partner thing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
I am not a wimp, really

I have enjoyed reading all the K.K. stories on this site and have found it satisfying that the outcome of his stories in the “Loving Wives” category don’t have predictable endings: some end in reconciliation, some don’t.

In this story (as in others) I do find it interesting that the “I’m not a wimp and I won’t take this” attitude often seems like the coward’s way out. (I will run away and that will punish her!) If you suspect your wife of cheating then have the balls to confront her. If you profess to love her, you then owe her the opportunity to explain. What happens next is anybody’s guess, but that’s what a non-coward should do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Good

A good story with a real ending. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Sad Ending

Thanks for another great read. I was disappointed that the husband was a wimp. The Navigator was very succinct with his comments! I concur. When did Kyle get his teeth knocked out, anyway?

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Sorry but I think reconciliation in this case is

not the right thing to do. She fucked a guy she didnt care for because of two things. (1) Her mother was nagging her and driving her out of the house (a very wonderful reason to commit adultry), and (2) she was angry at her husband for having to cancel the vacation and having to work. The first reason is in no way any real reason to commit adultry either intentionally or unintentionally. So we can eliminate it. Now we have a woman who so lacks self control, remember she is a teacher that works with unruly and in some cases very poorly behaved students, that she takes up with the first guy, who she doesnt like, to have sex. She says she drank to have the sex, not that drinking cased her to be seduced. She was the one who initiated and carried out the sexual acts. Cant you imagine what she might do if he wasnt home one night having to work? Or if he had to go out of town a weekend to survey a work site? Who would she have sex with next time, someone she met in an alley, that she didnt like? Nope, cant really call her a loving wife. Not totally a slut. Just a person with very severe mental problems. She needs medical help not a husband. Her behavior and actions are potentially very harmful to herself as well as to her husband. Can we quesiton whether she has latent suicidal tendencies? A possible mother of my children, no way in hell. Who would want those genetics imprints over their child?

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Thanks & KUDO's Author

One can debate the results but not up to until then. Plus extremely well told as per your usual.<P>

From my viewpoint, it seemed a little quick - sleep together in the same bed the first night back? Perhaps but hard for me to accept in view of what preceded [4 months away and no other communication until that night].<P>

Aside from that personal feeling of my own, you always tell a compelling story of marital consequence in depth of scenes, personalities, and feelings that are plausible and much like life. <P>

For all those things in this world wide site of disgusting freaks and delusions, you are a breath of fresh and entertaining digestible air. You write of life's marital realities and consequences with clarity, purpose and fair justice. It is such an emotional and interesting theme for writers and their readers isn't it!<P>

With Very High Regard

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
You asked for comments so...

The story line when along fine until I recognised the plot so no big surprise but I did notice how you when on to develop the story and was actually thinking I would have to critique you presentation of the husband's cheating if you blew it off. Happily the story finished with him feeling remorseful and recongising Katie position on not adding to the pain.

Enjoyable read in the evening - keep the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Good story, but...

One point bothered me about the meeting with Kevin in the airport bar. Kevin never asked WHO he had married. That would have been one of the first questions two old friends from high school would have asked. "Did you marry anyone I know?"

Later in the story, Jim asks Kate if Kyle ever asked who her husband is. Even you agree the question would be at the top of the list for old high school or college friends.

I'm wondering if Literotica editors check for anything other than spelling and grammar. Sometimes I wonder if they check for that, but in your case, you are a superb writer and I doubt it's much of a problem.

DG HearDG Hearover 16 years ago
Well Done!

I'll never understand why some readers feel that reconciliation is a bad thing. You showed two people who cared for each other going back together. Granted what they did was wrong. But, they both did it. not just her, not just him.

Should they both go through the rest of their lives alone or go with others they don't love. Talking it out and finding a solution should be the first priority. Divorce might be the logical conclusion but not in this story. As I mentioned, both made mistakes and were able to put it behind them. That's not a wimp husband.

Good story KK but I wouldn't expect anything less from you.

with the highest regards.

DG Hear

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Another fine K.K. story

I always enjoy K.K. s smooth writing style even when I sometimes disagree with his plot line. In this case ,Jim hears that his wife cheated on him with old schoolmate. Does he go home and confront her? Of course not. He cancels trip home and goes to lick his wounded ego. Then he screws co-worker for a couple of nights at the local hotel as revenge? for her reported cheating.After a few months , he decides to check things out and finds out she had one night of miserable sex compared to his week-end of wonderful sex, so he decides to confront her. After her tearful confession, he blasts her for her unfaithfulness and finally agrees to resume married life. Wow, what a great guy. I agree with Anon, labeled "Poor Kate". Despite John MacEnroes support for poor husband , I think he's a hypocritical ass-hole who should spend an hour describing his tryst with Joey to Kate.

60 year old George

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
What a hypocrite!!!

Yes, she cheated on him because he was always gone. She felt inadequate and unloved and in a fit of despondancy she acted on her feelings. The affair was still wrong. HE was equally wrong by cheating on her and to put her through emotional hell despite his own affair is hypocritical and wrong...no matter how hurt or angry he was. Neither did he show any remorse or contrition over his affair. I think she would be better off without him.

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 16 years ago
Excellent Story!

I was pretty sure how it would end but the actions Jim took to get to that decision were interesting.. You feel sorry for Kate; she has to just stand there waiting for him to give his decision.. He reconciled inch by inch, too.. Making it that much harder for Kate.. How could he be so judgemental of her when he did more wrong than she did?? He didn't even feel guilty for doing it.. He should have been remorseful, also.. If Kate ever finds out about his weekend I think he will be outside looking in..

Good ending, though.. Just what I needed!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
You still have typos

in your story. Your editor sucks

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Dear me

Instead of complaining about spelling or the storyline put your pen where your ARSE is and write one yourself

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
A great story!

I loved this story and it was resolved properly.Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
thank you

You are one of my favorite authors. Thank you for this effort

and please keep writing. Mike from Texas

hammer17hammer17over 16 years ago
Hmmm!!

Was a good story, I say "HE SHOULD HAVE TOLD HER" about his weekend with Joey....

peggytwittypeggytwittyover 16 years ago
A very good story with emotions of the husband

A very well done story of two people trying to justify their own actions and emotional mind set.<p>Thank you for another great read from KK<P>PT

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
One of the best autors on this site!

Appreciate your efforts!

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 16 years ago
A memorable read despite the quibble

Clearly, the one challenging element in the story to most that had any reservations was the husband’s silence about his own cheating. For me, ‘the moral criteria’ - strong and obvious in daily life is irrelevant for evaluating a story. That is if stories are still about people with weaknesses and faults. On the other hand considering the coherency of character presentation and development within the context of the plot and the main themes is unavoidable. <P>

With that in mind I found myself puzzled at the end of another gripping story (almost a short novel in fact). The dilemma itself is universal: How should one partner in a marriage deal with a single act of his /her own infidelity. The complexity and sensitivity of the ways the issue is presented and therefore provoke thinking and debate is much more important then coming down with a verdict. <P> So far so good, K.K has been weaving plenty of the above through the story to supply for a whole seminar on Ethics and marriage. Where I found that the story was loosing air, almost like a runner reaching the finishing line at the end of a marathon, was with the silence on the issue of his own silence reg. his own cheating. I would have been satisfied with the husband’s character in a state of a somewhat tormented soul, weighing the pluses and the minuses of telling vs. keeping silent. But for the this character to move back with only his adjustment and trust considerations in mind is out of character. Throughout the story he is very much the thoughtful introspective character. He did analyze his own cheating but only as far as the extent to which he could give himself a pass as revenge. He is honest enough to admit that in fact it could not count as one. Still oddly he does not follow this thought with the main theme of the story – the same requirements he presents so vehemently to his wife regarding the voluntary disclosure of such single cheating acts. In fact, we are to accept that the question should I do the same does not even cross his mind? <P>

Overall the quality of the writing and the content, even with this considerable “but”, is still a memorable read which as usual stands out among the other offerings.

bornagainbornagainover 16 years ago
Really Good Story

That was so good K.K.

Pat

zed0zed0over 16 years ago
Fucking Wimp!

Not only should have told her about Joey, but should have kicked her cheating ass out. Might try to keep her around as a fuck buddy when he comes through town.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Thanks

Another fine story from one of the finest cheating wives

authors.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Sanctimonious Prick

The wife would have been better off without this moralizing arsehole who after fucking someone else has the nerve to get all uptight.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
you ask the dumbest questions

if wife hadn't being fucking around none this would happen with joey.look you have a thing with forcing marriage back together at all cost.it sucks reading how dumb your reasoning.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
What a small man

Great writing as I have come to expect. You make me care about the characters which, in this case, pisses me off so much. Please, please, in future, give your main character some balls. I cannot respect a man who plays the passive-aggressive tragically wounded hero. What a wimp! When Kate complained that they hadn't had a vacation in 3 years and that Jim should stand up to his boss, she was effing right! When he finds out she cheated, does he go home and face his wife, confronting a problem as a man should? No, he hides away for six months or so and "teaches her a lesson" by refusing to talk to her. When given the opportunity to cheat, he does so with no trace of guilt or second thoughts about the fact that his adultery is at least as much of a betrayal as hers was. When Jim meets vile Kyle, he is such a pathetic milque-toast that he doesn't even reveal himself as the husband, let alone beat the shit out of the lounge lizard who screwed his wife. When he finally arrives home, he sneaks in unannounced. That should have earned him a bullet meant for an intruder. And then begins the inquisition on her infidelity because apparently, she is the only one who needs to beg forgiveness. Does Jim tell Kate that he screwed around as well? NO, and why? Not because he is sparing her the hurt but rather because he is enjoying her playing the doormat. And finally, keeping the managerial promotion and the threat of a further prolonged separation over Kate's head for as long as possible was yet again a cheap shot from a small man.

Of course, she betrayed him big time. Of course, he had every right to be furious, even to demand a divorce and kick her to the curb. But the way he responded should have lost him the love and respect of any woman worth keeping anyway.

Tearsofsorrow2Tearsofsorrow2over 15 years ago
Anger and Alcohol

So let me get this straight dear? The next time you are alone and piss off at me. I can expect you to go to a hotel get drunk and fuck some guy. OK I guess I will have to live with that for the rest of my life. If that is the only way you can show me that you love me. I guess I will have to accept it. I guess I will also have to accept when you eventually give me a life threatening STD. Or when you come home pregnant with someone Else's child. For the sake of your love I will put up with all that. Just promise me that you will never hate me. I don't know it I could survive that, given how much you love me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
No one can make it up to someone for having

an affair or adulterous sex. The only way possible would be to go back in time and remove it. The wife it seems has anger problems and some type of displacement with rationalization. None of those problems were addressed and she can and probably will do the same thing again or sometbing like it. Put another way if you read into the story what is said and described you realize she went into the bar that night to fuck her old boyfriend knowing her girlfriend would probably not show up and that he would be there. The alcohol was a way of trying to take the blame off of herself and her lack of morals or ethics. A shame he went back to such a self centered slut.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Nice Story

Nice to read a story where a mistake doesn't destroy the couple.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
HUSBAND IS SO INSENSITIVE! NO EMPATHY!

How dare that husband get his wife angry by not taking her on their vacation in a timely manner. Why didn't he immediately UNDERSTAND HER FEELINGS. Next time he has to work overtime, hubbie should just punish himself by stripping his wife naked and making her go out and fuck the entire crew of South American lawn workers working their lawn. Sure they're kinda smelly so she won't like that sex that much either just like she didn't in this story, but same principle as the story here: Not important WHAT you do, only WHY. Sure your wife and the revered mother of your children will have every intimate part of her body you so cherish manhandled and abused and her virtue completely destroyed and might get pregnant and get every disease in the books, but that's not important. This is the 21st century! Only thing's important is IF SHE HAD SOME REASON, NO MATTER HOW FAR FETCHED, for screwing someone else. All together now lets all lose our testosterone and get in touch with our feelings: what's done isn't important, only WHY WE DID IT. (Unless hubbie hits the wife, drinks, has an affair, loses all their money and/or his job, OR DOESN'T TAKE HIS WIFE ON VACATION: THEN ACCORDING TO THE PC CROWD NO UNDERSTANDING EVER, HUBBIE'S ASS IS GRASS AND WIFE IS THE LAWNMOWER). LOL

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
A mistake is putting salt in the pepper shaker.

A life threatening event is fucking someone not your spouse. It isnt a mistake it is something you have to intentionally do. Yeah you can be drunk, are you an alcoholic? Yeah you can be drugged, why did you put yourself in that position to be drugged? Or you can be braindead, but who would want to be married to you?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
It seems many....

of the commentators have serious issues with self esteem.Big fucking deal,so she did a bad thing once.He's only a wimp because he made such a big fucking deal about it.This was a mixed up not severely malicious dalliance and it was so far in the past by the time he found out about it it's like "Dats O.K.-Tres Santa Maria" as George Carlin might say.Maybe some counseling to assuage his tortured ego and assure himself it probably wouldn't happen again and move on.I'm amazed at how many men in this delusional culture of ours think that "The Churches" ancient teachings are immutable.A realistic and truly loving relationship makes provisions for not only the possibility of human transgression but even beyond that allows for the relatively unfettered right of the partner to experience what they need to live and learn.I would never let some other idiot tell me what vows and promises constitute the boundaries of true love.The stunning woman I've shared life with for 17 years now and I have never married,for financial reasons as much as any.We've also never slept with nor developed an emotional relationship with anyone else but as far as banal sex is concerned, the only vow we've made is to constantly infuse new romance into our relationship and never let one slip ruin all that we have,which is far more profound than sticking a dick in a hole.Some of you people have the emotional maturity of fucking teenagers.So if it hurts so bad just shoot yourself!Pistolpackinpete

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
K.K.

K.K., you can't please everybody every time! There are things I wish the characters would have done different, but,.. then all stories would be the same and boring. Great story, great writing, keep up the good work.

RSKY

hawkeye007hawkeye007almost 15 years ago
I liked it!

I think the husband handled the situation the best way he could.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Well Written!!

This was a very well written story, with a strong does of reality. Anger, out of control and fueled by drink, can and does cause many mistakes. The wife made a mistake, albeit a very serious one. She then tried to protect herself, her husband and their marriage by dealing with the guilt and focusing on her relationship. I thought the husband, though he also made a mistake, handled it well in the end. A life with no forgiveness is a life of fear. All those who always call husbands who reconcile, who do not need revenge to satisfy their egos, must live in a great deal of fear. Well done. M

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Fuckin wimp

yeah thats you and your airforce buddies

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
The guy was a workaholic dope

Interesting how many men read LW stories in order to trash women as a group. The guy could have had more control over his job, could have kept in close contact with the wife, etc.

He ran at first rather than confront, listen, understand and deal with the issues. Author writes well enough to have gone into more depth of character for an even better story.

norcal62norcal62over 14 years ago
Tired of hurt husband running away

This story is interesting enough to keep reading but the usual Loving Wife format of the hurt husband running away from wife like a little boy and refusing to talk is getting very old. Can't imagine many couples where this actually happens. Are most men really that afraid of their wives that they can't be adults and face bad situations? Authors seem to use the device to build emotional tension in the story. It only builds high frustration in this reader. I much prefer the story where the man is assertive and mature in dealing with interpersonal problems of whatever kind. Too often this type of story seems to be merely the author attempting to work through personal issues through his writing without having to actually face life as a mature adult.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Not brilliant!

I have found that most of K.K.s stories are close to brilliant and a small number are terrible. In my opinion, this is one of his terrible ones. Husband hears third hand about wife screwing around the previous year and immediately cancels his flight home and spends month licking his wounds and his hurt ego. To help his ego he spends week-end of hot sex with a coworker,then after a number of months he decides to go home and confront wife. He returns home and blasts wife for her adulterous one night stand. She tearfully apologizes and he, magnanimously, decides to consider forgiving her without ever mentioning his adulterous hot week-end with his coworker

To me, he is pompous ass-hole who is more at fault than wife.

60 year old George

VickieTernVickieTernalmost 14 years ago
Guilt?

So why doesn't Mr Injured and Righteous feel guilty about balling Joey repeatedly (for whatever reasons), when Kate barely managed one access (hardly a fuck) and then cancelled it by puking (or does puking after sex only cancel part of it?) He owes her big time, and while it's understandable why he doesn't tell her about Joey (same reason she didn't -- itself forgiveable as an act of caring), the story says nothing about paying -- only about how nice it is that his magnanimous heart could forgive.

Four months incommunicado, and then pre-confirming her story even before hearing it out and brooding about whether it's so (even after meeting the loser Lyle and making a guess at the probabilities!), and then leaving her feeling indebted and grateful to HIM for taking her back for the rest of her life? Poor woman! She no way deserves such a pompous, self-serving amateur moralist as a husband, and he no way deserves an honest wife. The ending is cynically ironic without meaning to be!

hrnicholhrnicholover 13 years ago
Justification?

I did not like the general feel of this story. The author of course has the right to set his characters and scenes as his muse directs him, but the "willing suspension of disbelief" that all fiction purports to foster just doesn't work well here.

Husband is a judgmental, egotistical emotional coward. Wife is a temperamental, emotionally immature coward. (And these are their ?good? qualities-teehee)

Note that I consider both to be cowards. Him for his failure to return home, intentionally punishing wife for her infidelity by his absence. And her for her unwillingness to confront the situation of his absence and her subsequent anger in a mature manner.

Husband is wronged, that is true, well waaaa. He did nothing to correct any part of the situation, rather he exacerbates the entire problem by extending his absence. Not exactly the mark of a mature adult, more the act of a child's sandbox mentality.

Wife wrongs husband, but is immediately sick over the entire thing. She definitely shows a more adult resolution to the result of her anger. The impulse to hide her infidelity as described in the text shows much more consideration for her mate than his continued cover-up of his own infidelity.

Husband may be a brilliant administrator or executive on the job, but shows definite lacks in the personal maturity arena. His behavior concerning his wife and her behavior demonstrates again his childish state of being.

I find them both rather over the top and believe that they deserve each other. Not in the sense of reconciliation, but rather in the sense of imprisonment for life with each being the punishment for the other's behavior.

The story is well-constructed, the characters are quite well developed (even if I don't particularly like either one of them) and the plot has all the elements that make a short story effective. I will give the author full marks for his story, and feel that it is too bad that I can't give the characters poor marks for their relative maturity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Good read, realistic

I enjoyed your work. It is better developed and complicated than most on the site. I would only change two small things: First, Kate and Jim deserve thorough make-up sex, and I would have enjoyed reading it! I don't mean that in a perverted way, but after all the hot details involved in Jim and Joey's affair, as well as the wretched details of Kate's and Kyle's, your reader deserves a fun and healthy sex scene. Secondly, and this just my own personal pet peeve, I really dislike when someone uses the phrase, "The End." It is just so second grade.

I appreciate the time and emotional depth of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

I liked the ending. Just wished he would shown more restraint with Joey.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
sick shit

6 pages is 5 and 1/2 pages too long for trite crap like this - boring, predictable, wooden, and just plain not very interesting

eagle14eagle14over 13 years ago
Who's having the affair?

It's hard to feel any pity for this guy. The wife made one mistake while she was both angry and drunk and she's obviously unhappy that she did it but he can't come to terms with it. At the same time he was carrying on a 4 year affair with his boss and his job and he doesn't seem to think he's failed his wife, who he promised to put before all others (forsaking all others doesn't only mean no sex with others). He comes across as the type of person who when lying on his death bed wishes he hadn't wasted all those years of marriage when he could have be working.

ILienBagbyILienBagbyover 13 years ago
I don't usually

write comments after reading a story I think is more than Idiotic. You have a whole bunch of submissions, and it is my plan to shun reading any of them no matter how desperate to read a story I may be. Joey is the most complete nincompoop in the world. How he might be intelligent enough to manage a company is beyond my understanding. His behavior caused pain not only to his wife who he says he loves, but to himself also. He deserved every bit of pain he suffered. I am only sorry he is too stupid to acknowledge to himself what an a-hole he is. A terrible story about a complete idiot by a writer who is probably as dumb as his hero.

VickieTernVickieTernover 13 years ago
He doesn't deserve her.

A dishonest, self-pitying shit wants her to tell all while he tells her nothing after punishing her for four months? Knowing he'd fucked a great woman while getting even because she drunkenly tried to punish him for neglecting her? She should feed him his balls and require that he chew thoroughly before swallowing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Not to be trusted anymore

A wife who has sex with an other guy merely because she became angry on her husband because of his reneging on a date cannot be trusted. If she so easily can cheat once, she'll do it again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
He doesn't deserve her....

He's a bigger whore than she....

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Balancing sex

I think the sex with Joey to balance the equation was a good thing, but Kate should have been told so she experienced the same hurt. I found the 'cheat because she was angry' scenario rather unconvincing, but nevertheless I thought this a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

If you read the story he did more than cancel a date. He job became the center of his life and the promises he made to his wife were being broken left and right. That doesn't mean that what she did was right but under the circumstances I can see why it happened.

Just like her anger caused her to make a mistake Kyle's anger caused him to do the same thing. He may have been hurt and angry but does that excuse him having sex with someone else? If it were a woman getting revenge I am sure the men on here would be ranting and raving about what a whore she was.

But a part of me is glad that they worked it out. Becasue desite all that happened they seemed to have a great marriage.

saratusaratualmost 13 years ago
There are some of your stories,,

that leave me flat and I simply don'r like them, however this is a fine example of how good you really are. In the rating, this deserves all of a five star rating and more. My compliments to a fine author. R.T.

norcal62norcal62almost 13 years ago
Rereading this didn't make it any better.

Author/male lead is a self-righteous SOB; a weakling who gave the old LW theme of "I was doing everything for my wife" as justification for being a jerk.

The Joey bit was extraneous and only served to show the husband puffing out his arrogant chest.

The writing itself was fine, with good thoughts; except, the author chopped each thought into mincemeat, and did it over and over. Let's go to the latest posts and look for improvements.

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
Norcal and vickie are wack jobs

they both cheated and it was wrong, that should be the plot but you guys act as if working hard and doing your job is fucking wrong. the man worked to give his wife the better things in life and his bitch got mad at him for doing what he was paid to do. he doesn't deserve her please, she doesnt deserve him. she just another cheating wife that got caught. I think sometimes you two are fucking brain dead.

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago
What a horrible man Jim is!

The story doesn't deserve a high rating. However, it is extremely well written so I rated it 4**** even though I hate such stories.

Apparently there are women like Kate that need to be abused. It always starts with mental abuse but in time Jim, an extremely angry and violent man, is going to start hitting Kate and eventually Jim will put her in the hospital. Remember how he wanted to beat the shit out of Kyle which only emphasizes how angry and prone to violence he is.

First Kate did not cheat. You cannot cheat if there is no contract. True there are marriage vows but a marriage is continuing contract. Future promises, modifies the marriage vows and Jim repeatedly broke his promises which voided the contract. Jim always put Kate second to his job or any request from Jake. In other words, Jim, a totally selfish man, treated Kate as second class, giving her no more respect than a casual acquaintance. And, his promises to her meant nothing and he would drop his promises to her at the drop of a hat. In a true marriage, a real man will place his wife and marriage first and certainly not second to his job or whatever else strikes his fancy.

Jim’s total disregard for Kate and his marriage and repeatedly breaking promise is extreme mental cruelty. Sadly, instead of standing up to her right and demanding respect, Kate meekly submits to his cruelty. She should divorce that selfish jerk and kick him to the curb. Instead of divorcing Jim, Kate is going to continue being abused until Jim starts beating on her. Perhaps after Jim puts Kate in the hospital after an especially brutal beating the police will get involved and she will receive the help she needs.

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
wow, another moronic statement for the jackass himself Dwornock

What I find amazing is, when a woman is married and has a house and nice car and an all around good life. She is happy, untill he has to work, then he works to much. But the low and behold when he doesn't make enough then she's not happy. We need this, we need that and you need to find a better job or work more hours. So in the words of a wise man, "fuck getting married because their's more than enough pussy to go round". Dwornock grow the fuck up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I have a question?

Does the "D" in D wornork stand for Dummy? I thank so...

Johnny1MJohnny1Mover 12 years ago
DWornock has to be a troll

It's not possible that he believes what he writes. He just does this to wind people up. It's so juvenile that that is why people think he's still in his teens. Maybe too young to visit this site. He writes that there was no contract because the husband broke his word. Asinine. He didn't break his word. He and his wife both agreed that he would take this job knowing what it entailed. Also there was absolutely no violence in this story. No one got hit. Since 100% of us believe that if our spouse sleeps with someone else, a little yelling is certainly deserved. In fact if there aren't any consequences to cheating, you're going to get cheated on again. This is so obvious to everyone that I don't believe it's not obvious to DWornock. Why people troll is incomprehensible to me. My nephew like to do it in chat rooms. Someone sent him a virus that not only knocked him out of the room, but shut down his computer. If that could only happen to DWornock.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWmoronic is so stupid

it takes her an hour to cook Minute Rice

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWmoronic is so stupid

it takes her an hour to cook Minute Rice

DunaDunaover 12 years ago
Believeble reconcilation

This husband got evidence for the infedility and he started a revenge affair.

The responsibility of the marital problems are not same, because the wife started first the drift from his husband. The soldiers go to abroad for a long time and the wives remain home and the all solder wives ought to start any affairs? The husband got promotion and his job became at the headquarter. The marital problems was solved. I think the reconcilation was beleivable, only the spouses do not belong to the absolute faithful statistic group. (the statistic figures: 1/3 of the husbands and 40% of the wives are absolute faithful a lifetime) They can live a happy life later, but the children (from the husband's sperm cell) will be a proper closing seal for this marital crisis.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Two lying, cheating, slimy bastards

I guess they deserve each other

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Why post here?

Good writing. A little slow developing. But why post here with so many other writing sites? Little in it to qualify as erotic.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 12 years ago
decent story

gave it a 5. but why guilt the husband for sex after wife did her thing.she did what she set out to do, get fucked, the fact she was sorry did not make it ok. the last thing he needs to do is get the bitch pregnant.

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
When can the reconcilation work well?

@ cantbuymy You are not right. The wife's extramarital affair was 1 time fling only. She was not slut. She was a simple cheater who may get a second chance. The husband had also an extramarital affair after discovering the shorttime (once) unfaithfulness, so he got emotional background for the reconcilation. This story an excellent example when the reconcilation can work well.. The common child or children can close the marital crisis and I think they will have a succesful marriage and both will take care their marriage in the future.

The absolut fidelity is the aim in the marriage, but the life is more complicated and for those spouses who had 1 short time affair (which was not humiliation for the other spouse, not couse bastards or STDs) in special circumtences forgivable. I have some excellent reconcilation stories in my favorit collection, in which the reconcilation is believable.

Here in this story the reconcilation will work in the spouses' future.

PhotoproffPhotoproffalmost 12 years ago
Working it Out

Although it started out slow, it ended in a way that I enjoyed. So many of the stories I have read here, one cheat and your done. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Wow...

I normally hate these cheating stories with a passion usually reserved for Twilight, but wow. Congratulations on this wonderful story and likeable characters. I may not have masturbated to it but I did devour it! Keep on writing!

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
4th sentence to Harry

@ Harry (4) Sometime this kind of stories may be more interesting as the exquisite sound main characters stories.

I divided the 10 sentences of my answer to Harry In Va in distict 10 stories.

1. Sentence leapyearguy „Strickly Business Ch. 02”

2. Sentence ohio „Visiting Richard Gronier”

3. Sentence DGHear „Another Chance”

4. Sentence K.K. „Flight Delay”

5. Sentence lucsmith „Let the Punishment Fit the Crime”

6. Sentence the Troubador „Wife Get Even”

7. Sentence FrancisMacomber „The Stairway to Haeven”

8. Sentence StangStar06 „Divorce and Future”

9. Sentence cpete „Blood from a Turnip”

10. Sentence Vulcez „How Are You”

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
So he cheats on his wife and it's ok?

Where are the btb crowd now? What about her " faithful" husband who doesn't have the balls to admit he is a fuckup? That not only did he cheat once, or twice; but multiple times over a weekend and then asked his lover about a "friends Wth benefits" package?

She cheated because she was hurt, angry and lonely and he cheated because he could. He should divorce her so the courts could give her half his shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
ok lest not walk on dogshit

She cheated, she intentiionally cheated because she was mad, she took off her rings, drank a lot and got fucked, it wasnt accidental it was intentional to "punish" her husband. Not one mitigating iota there, and nothing was said or done about medical testing but she bedded her husband, talk about total disrespect and uncaring. He on the other hand was living with her betrayal and emotionally destroyed, a friend seduced him to pull him back into the real world and made it perfectly clear she didnt want him as a lover. His adultry was for bring him up out of a total depression and wasnt actually his planned betrayal of his wife. The two dont equate. I can understand taking her back but he has no idea of what she has been doing, in anger or anything else, during his absence. Trust but verify its worthy of trust. Dont make stories PC by trying to lay part of the blame on the other spouse, everyone is responsible for their own actions.

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Sometime the contracheating saves a marriage

@ Last Anon you are total right. The contracheating put back him to the World.

I think the modern marriage founds on mutuality. Many American revenge story writers write their story on that way the betrayed husband starts his dates after his divorce. If there is not any prenuptial agreement, what the hell want to be faithful a betrayed husband!!!!!!!!! Yes I understand the American Revenge Story Authors want to show a higher moral to their husband characters to the cheating wife, but I am European reader. The first cheater of a marriage lost her/his right to be gotten mutual fair connection. I like every cheating wife story, where the betrayed husbands play Oscar Awarded role (an example Cpete "Family Guy") after the discovered and proved cheating to find the best time, location for the divorce and can hide more asset from the cheating spouse or the betrayed husband could win the children custody. However sometime a reconcilation may be any possibilities and to earese to be cuckold beside divorce the contracheating a good oportunity........

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Apology

I am sorry more exactly: Yes I understand the American Revenge Story Authors want to show a higher moral FOR their husband characters to the cheating wife, but I am European reader and I am on mutuality to moral..............

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
he should have just divorced her

he lowered himself to her level so really he is no better if i was him i would have flew back filed for divorce then went back and finished the job.

you dont get mad at the person your married to and spread your legs.

Now he is a cheater to i hope they both rot and fuck around on each other and get aids.

have a nice life.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
Loved it!

Very well written. I like that they were able to work things out. You did a good job of making it believable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Good story

Obviously not to the taste of the BTB merchants. But as most of them ain't been married, what would they know?

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 11 years ago
I liked it...

although I did think it was a bit slow and could have been as effective in four pages as it was in six. Thanks for writing.

MrVdogMrVdogover 11 years ago
I am generally one of the BTB crowd, but...

I think in this case, reconciliation makes sense. Good series all along, 5 stars.

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Dear Anon prejudice!

I am BTB and this story is in my favorite collection from the first reading!

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
the wife is a fucking slut

husband is breaking his balls to keep the home financially secure and the cunt cheats because she is made he is working and not playing when she feels like it. a good wife plays with her husband when HE CAN PLAY not just when she feels like it - or the cunt can get a full time job and support his ass and he can play when he wants.

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Reconcilation

@ cantbuymy The good reconcilation story is a question for the reader If the marriage will be succesful after the reconcilation and the spouses deserve the reconcilation. Kate had a fling after a debate which was about her husband far distance work. Neither the wife was serial cheater nor slut, because she had not any other extramarital activities. The husband was a longer contracheating after detecting the fling of his wife. They are not faithful spouses yes, but they rebuilt their marriage after the husband got position at the headquerter of the company. Slut, serial cheater are not equal to relative fidelity spouses, but it is true the best is the faithful spouses, but in that case there is not any reconcilation story.

ythebadgerythebadgerover 11 years ago
Thoroughly enjoyable tale

even though it was a bit long-winded at times (no need to actually hear both her and Kyle tell the same story), and the outcome was not only correct, but far more realistic than the ones others have suggested. Stylish and enjoyable.

shangoshangoover 11 years ago
I hated this story and gave it

Five stars. I easily identified w/the Wife. Committing to four years is different in practice than in theory. Jim did not make it easier for her. No mention of homecoming gifts are lavish nights out, when he returned. Plus, he's a big damn Hypocrite. I hate this story because it made me agree for the first, and hopefully only, time with 60 year George (Sand)!

Johnny1MJohnny1Mover 11 years ago
realistic

I know a woman who did the same thing. Her husband cheated. When she found out she was so angry she walked into a bar, picked out a guy, told him to come with her, and screwed him. The reason wasn't the same as in the story but the anger was.

In the story the husband feels guilty for screwing Joey, because he says he didn't do it for revenge. I say bullshit. There is no way that his wife having been unfaithful didn't influence him. The anger at her was what caused him to be unfaithful.

In fact, in real life, the husband's infidelity probably would make reconciliation much easier. He would have to let go of his anger. And no, he shouldn't tell her. She wasn't going to tell him and he should do exactly the same thing. Of all the stories here, this is one that surely has happened thousands of times in real life. By that I mean the anger causing infidelity and the result. Unlike, for example, stories where the wife ties her husband up and makes him watch her screwing another guy or guys.

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanabout 11 years ago
I have to say

he better not make her angry in the future. What will it be next time gangbangs. There was no reconciliation there was only capitulation. *

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 11 years ago
Good story

Interesting sequence of events -

He does have some issues if he was able to cheat so easily - and maybe he is right hoping he will not find himself in the same place as she did in a few years - BUT

Secrets degrade a relationship - slowly inexorably they just do - they require some level of disrespect - so it would be interesting to see how real people would be 10 years later.

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
The responsible for the child(ren)

@ Tavadelphin You may be right, if they would live childless life. However they decided to bring up child(ren), so I bet in 95% likely they live a succesful life.

If they remained childless pair their marriage would slide to the divorce...............I would agree you...........

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous