All Comments on 'The Russians are Cumming'

by policywank

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Yeah baby!

Loved it, great character and hot story thanks!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Mistaken Fact Diminishes Story & Reputation

When a writer makes simple mistakes in facts, it detracts from the story, distracts and angers the reader. This can't help but diminish respect for the writer and cheapens all of the writer's works and character. For example, in this story, the simple fact is that Cossacks are NOT Russian - never have been, never will be. Cossacks have always been Ukrainian in the same way of the French Foreign Legion. While both were essentially self-sustaining, quasi-mercenary armies, and each was predominantly Ukrainian and French recruited and of that nation, respectively, each army did have and accept recruits from all nationalities. So it was not unusual to find Russians in both the Cossack army and the French Foreign Legion. But that does not make Legionnaires of Russians nor Cossacks of Russians; and to do so in either case is factually, historically and nationally incorrect. Cossacks are of Ukraine. See, e.g. Hrushevsky, History of Ukraine.

policywankpolicywankalmost 9 years agoAuthor
Cossack

You are confusing ethnicity and citizenship. As you have described, Cossack refers to a people or ethnic group not primarily from Russia. But there are plenty of people of that heritage who have lived and worked in Russia throughout history. The story refers to just such a person and makes no claim as to where his ancestors originated.

A wealth of information isn't worth much if you lack the ability to read and understand context. If I referred to a Chinese person in the U.S. everyone would know I was referring to their ethnicity, not suggesting his ethnic roots are in the mid-west.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Love ur stories

I have read everyone of your stories and love them all. I have always said you got to love the sluts and after reading your Slut Wife series's now I know why. Hope you find the time to write more.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous