All Comments on 'An Analysis on Incest'

by Th3Desi

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Bravo

Finally, someone speaking rationaly about incest.

It is a subject I am curious about also and must be spoken about without prejudice.

Looking forward to your next foray into this taboo subject.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Your English

Is exceptional, don't worry about that. And your article is extremely interesting.

An excellant use of anyone's time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Impressive

Please do not worry about your use of english as a second language. You do indeed have an excellent grasp of it and make excellent use of it. Further writing on any topic will improve the slight usage mistakes made here.

I found the subject and content of your article fascinating. I myself have never engaged in such behaviors but have never exposed myself to the depths of thought you moved through to formulate your very well considered and articulated opinion.

I also must agree with your conclusions and doubly agree with the neccessity of exploring carefully the impact of role conflicts. I also would be interested in how any successful couples living quiet private lives have endured the preprogrammed guilt our culture instills in the thought of incestuous relationships.

All in all, well done. I look forward to more of your opinion pieces in the future and even any fiction you may feel the need to express.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
If one thinks about it the Human race could not --

have proceeded without incest even if you believe the Bible is a Textbook.

I write a lot of incest stories for which I receive good marks and reviews. However I seriously doubt that most people have any serious long lasting attractions toward siblings, parent or child. But it does make a hot story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Well done

Well written, informative, and easy to follow.

Don't worry a bit about the language, you seem to have a better grasp than most native speakers ;)

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Well writen

Sexual relations beyond 2nd cousins is sick and disgusting. Having it portrayed as anything else is giving in to a portion of a very sick society. These people need help of a qualified mental specialist. Literotica should remove the topic "Incest". As I said it is disgusting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
have thought about incest with a female relative

well written, i have a cousin who is over 21 and if she consented i would have sex with her except intercourse.i am not abusing a child just kissing etc with a beautiful female who happens to be my cousin. i doubt if it will ever occur though.

Th3DesiTh3Desiover 16 years agoAuthor
Thank you so much

Thank you so much for those who have voted and commented. Your response really counts. Thanks for the encouragement.

---

Unknown can be known.But there are certain things like god, death, devil, love which are unknowable. I believe incest belongs to this category.

Th3Desi

WFEATHERWFEATHERover 16 years ago
Very Thought-provoking

Even though I have been writing incest stories for a few years, I really had not given it much serious thought. "An Analysis on Incest" will almost certainly influence the new incest story currently underway, and any other stories I write in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
So what is your conclusion?

Every society had (and has) an incest taboo. The difference seems to be the degree of consanguinity at which the line is drawn - always the first and second, sometimes the third (first cousins)

The author admits that even among consenting adults incest is likely to have a bad result. Why tempt fate? Oedipus was punished for unwittingly committing incest - there is a lesson there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
WE WILL NEVER KNOW

We will never know the true extent of incest,the main reason being that those in a happy relationship are unlikely to broadcast the fact.From my experience most families at one time or other have cases of incest,it is quite common amongst siblings and also first cousins,mainly in their teen years.Cases of father/daughter,mother/son,etc.are not so easy to uncover and never will be.In recent years I am sure that such relationships are on the increase,mainly as a result of more effective birth control,in other words sexual pleasure is the motive.I do know that several of my friends confided in me that they had more than a passing interest in their mothers as I did in mine[she made it quite clear that she wanted me to sleep with her which I eventually did no harm was done]I find your observations interesting as many others will.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Well done

Well done ,its interesting to see more and more women commenting how incest turns them on,I would love to know how many are mothers with incest in mind.

SybexmasterSybexmasterover 16 years ago
incest role playing

interesting, my lover and i quite often role play incest situations, she was the first to have the courage to suggest it, and once the barrier was down woohoo well its very fun, i had thought of the role playing, but thought what if she suddenly thinks i am wierd or something, and i lose her, i think a lot more people would role play and maybe go further if they wernt so afraid of being "labelled" and what other people who matter would think.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
finally rational comment

Good job so far. You need to carry this further, see other commenters. Care to contact me at address I sent to you Jack

``

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
nice

wht ya sayin is 100% true

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
...

You are 100% right. This was very well written. Everyone should have the opportunity to read this and do their own research before coming to false conclusions... society does encourage people to be straight, to hate taboos like incest, and to not think for themselves. Thanks for proving that not everyone is like that!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
alright

this is an alright essay, though it is certainly not without error. first and foremost, you need to take out the parts that betray your homophobia:

"The success of an incestuous, homosexual or even a normal relationship depends upon the love..."

capiche? think of a better word for normal. like, oh, i dunno... heterosexual. just because it is your personal "default" sexual orientation does not mean the other option is abnormal. pretty disgusting suggestion you make.

other than that, just grammatical errors in general. most of the time grammar doesn't matter whatsoever, but this is basically academic writing; i expected better. "People who have grudge against incest" and "Some people just enter into an incestuous relation just because of curiosity," for example. there were two in the second example! a proofread should suffice. i'm sorry if english isn't your first language, i don't mean to offend.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Excellent article

Before going into the subject, I'll commend you for your mastery of the language. I did not get any impression of poor grasp of English as I read the article, and I'm usually quite sensitive to that; in fact, a great many of the stories around here are difficult to appreciate because their writers just don't know how to write.

Now and then I've read good articles on the subject of incest written by experts such as researchers and other professionals in the fields of anthropology and mental health who have invested time and expertise in the study of the subject. Your article, I believe, is in many ways comparable to a lot of them, allowing for the difference between your purpose for writing here and that of a researcher presenting a scientific or clinical analysis.

Resisting the temptation to turn this comment into an article in its own right, I'll condense my view, which I believe is essentially consistent with yours, that incest can be a treacherous minefield, but at the same time, there are undoubtedly some cases where the reward is worth the risks, provided the risks are faced head-on and not denied or rationalized.

A very important factor you mention is role conflict. I had never actually seen that term before reading your article, but its implications are very clear from your description. If we look at cases in which parties are free to carry on an incestuous relationship without the risk of harm to others (which excludes households in which other members are either deceived or suffer emotionally because of it), role conflict could turn out to be one of the most serious pitfalls they might have to face. As you say, once you cross that line there's no turning back.

I've written some incest-based stories, some of which are light fantasies unconcerned with such psychological pitfalls. My natural tendency has been to define the characters with strong emotional independence; in the case of a mother-son relationship, the son is rather older than usual, around 24 years of age, and with a generally healthy history of relationships with women and no significant entanglements with Mom's apron strings, and the mother is on pretty good psychological ground too. I can see that this was my way of avoiding the risks of some psychological dangers, of which role conflict would be one. It's hard to say how that might translate into the real world; as I said, these stories were meant as light fantasies where credulity can stand a little stretching.

Good article!

HeyAllHeyAllover 12 years ago
Very well written

The quality of the writing was about the same standard you would see in a magazine. Plus I felt like I learned something from reading this.

Great job.

load4u2nite29load4u2nite29over 11 years ago
Thank You

My mother and I have been in an incestious relationship for over a decade and your assesment is nearly right on in my case. The line we crossed eroded the parental role of my mother when we became lovers. We see each other as equals in our relationship and act as a couple when we are alone. The sex, the passion, the emotional connection we share is stronger than most married couples I know. It takes a lot of understanding, sacrifices, and commitment to hold on to a love like the one we share. We live in fear of being discovered everyday, but we love each other so much, we have decided to continue our relationship even though we are both married now. We know it is not fair to our her husband or my wife bit society has forced us to live a lie and not follow our hearts. It is torture not being with my mother.

ticklechambersticklechambersover 10 years ago
Correction

"A pedophile doesn't care if the child is his or others"

This is not correct. Some pedophiles would never ever touch their own children, others would prefer their own children. As terrible as the act of pedophilia-child-abuse is, they still have preferences and would still have an opinion/feelings towards the idea of incest itself. ie. they may think incest is disgusting and wouldn't be able to think of their children sexually.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
So what is wrong with incest? My sister and I enjoy it!

After all, attraction is the basis physical contact. So when my sister and I had puberty together we shared a lot of things including a lot of physical attraction. Then one day we were each running for the shower naked and startled each other. We started by exploring each others bodies (a lot like "playing doctor") and in no time that led to fucking. Which suited us both so long as our parents knew nothing about it!

We are in our thirties now and still enjoy fucking each others brains out. But now it is each others spouses we have to keep this from.

Still incest is fast, fun, and convenient.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
The Aspect of Role Could Be an Article Itself

From what I understand from friends who do social work counseling is that incest is more widespread than generally expected. Most of it was not consensual. I had non-consensual incest with an older sister when I was 13 and she 16. It caused a lot of emotional problems and a number of years in therapy. At that age the psyche can be very fragile. My relationship to my sister after that and still is fifty years later adversarial. On the other hand the women in my family seem to be a bit borderline anyhow. If she had been 26 and I 23 it would have had less impact to me because it would have been my choices and if things didn't work I could go back to my place and she to her house.

Personally, I don't have a problem with incest between people as long as it is consensual and the people are mature enough to handle it. I have heard the story where brothers and sister live together as husband and wife in the EU without a lot of problems there. There were those in our family the slept with cousins and it was no big deal. In those cases they are in their mid-20s and 30s when their relationships began which much different than what I experienced. I've heard of the daughter "sleeping" with her father while the mother was ill or had died. Those seem to work for the two of them until they are ready to resume their lives. The dynamics after those would be different.

Good article.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Here here

I couldn't agree more with your post regarding adult incest as why shouldn't happy incestuous couples have the same rights as everyone else as long as they're not harming anyone else and as you said there are much more serious issues going on in the world than that that need dealing sorting out. I say live and let live!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous