All Comments on 'Peasant Girl'

by bassbelly

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Good

Heartwarming story!

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Well Done

I love it when a plan comes together (with apologies to the A-Team.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
How time does fly by

Without watching time go by, I might not have noticed the timing of your story. Next story, try to include these facts; 1. Tet in 1968 virtually destroyed the VC as a combat force in South Vietnam. 2. The 1972 Offensive was almost all North Vietnam Regular Army, 3. The Peace Accords were signed in January 1973 and American Troops (exclusive of the Embassey guard) were to be out of country by 28 Mar 1973. 4. The 1975 invasion from North Vietnam and occupied South Vietnam was primarily by North Vietnamese Troops with more trucks than George Patton had in his WW2 Third Army.

While tens of thousands of South Vietnamese (who did not flee in the Boat People & in the Embassey evacuation) were sent to re-Education camps, the great mass of South Virtnamese peasants were left alone to grow rice, which was the "breadbasket" of the Democratic Peoples Republic and was needed to feed the entire country, provide food for invasion of Cambodia and sell anything left on the world markets for badly needed hard currency.

Dates do matter.

Bridget69Bridget69over 16 years ago
Pleasant peasant girl.

Touching story. It's nice to know that children like this are saved and adopted all the time, giving them a second chance at a better life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
not your best

This isnt your best work... it seems much more rushed than the rest. Also if Trang was adopted then she would have taken the last name Wilson at that time... no need to wait until she was 18.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
You help me to Heal

Thank you for this story, it is one more link to my road in healing from PDST. For years I couldn't read anything about Vet Nam, I still can't handle pictures of the jungles in Nam, and I know nothing about about the cities, for I was mostly in the jungle, so seeing how Vet Nam has modernized is wonderful to see. Once again, thanks.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous