All Comments on 'Hypothetical'

by Moondrift

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Difficult

You have written a beautiful piece on a difficult subject. Most will vote this down because they have been taught that incest is one of the worst acts. The bible told us so! Maybe when the bible was written it was to protect women from rape by the fathers, brothers, sons?

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Excellent

Excellent ,I would say reality dealt with head on.Mother/son incest providing both consent as far as I am concerned is natural,and I am sure far more common than we are lead to believe.I well remember spending several nights in my mothers bed when my father was away,I was in my mid teens and we both knew full well what we were doing.It went on for some time,but stopped when I went off to furthur education.On my visits back home we never mentioned it,there was no need knowing looks said it all .

Joyce19063Joyce19063over 16 years ago
Fact or Fiction??====It really does not make much

difference==It is thoughtfully written and discusses the subject in a reasonably objective fashion- As to the genetic dangers I say BULLSHIT. The same rule that applies to doubling the chance of BAD genes also says that you double the chance of good genes--

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
ABUSE

Very well presented,agree with the comment on genes,it is far more likely that a deformed child will be produced by a couple that have taken excessive quantaties of alcohol or other toxic substances than a healthy incestuous couple who have not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
perfect

this is the best darn story i read i think it was well wrote and perfect hope to read more

AlhazredAlhazredover 16 years ago
Well written

My sole complaint with this story is the lack of eroticism. But the originality and accuracy of your approach far outweighs that. The research-minded approach that you take is very good, and if the final part of the story were removed and the remainder slightly altered and lengthened, the entire paper could be a very well written essay on the "truth" behind the misconceptions of incest in modern times. Again, well done. Just as a clarification point to a previous poster - the Christian Bible is very contradictory on its views toward incest. In Leviticus 18:6-18, it forbids it, mainly because it would be a dishonor to a spouse (your father if you slept with your mother, etc.). Yet in Genesis 4, Cain, son of Adam and Eve, the first two humans ever (according to the bible) takes a wife, who would have to have been his sister. In Genesis 20:12, Abraham states that his wife is his sister. And in Genesis 19:30-38, Lot's daughters get him drunk and get pregnant by him. There are also several instances of cousins marrying. Sorry, don't mean to lecture, but your story reflects someone who has put forth the effort to find the truth behind the lies. It's a shame more people don't do that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Erotic?---The teaser plainly implies that it will

not be erotic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
ANOTHER waste of time

If I wanted to know thoughts on this subject, I would have went to college and learned from one of those idiotic Psychology professors.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Lame!!

Lame nothing kept my attention so i stopped reading

cncstevecncsteveover 16 years ago
Who?

Good story but who is Robert?

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Go For It

Mom/son incest is there it is probably on the increase,its been around for thousands of years,its highly erotic,providing both consent I see nothing wrong with it,you have the ability to write extremely good stories;SO GO FOR IT .You do not have to justify writing about it,leave that to the so called "experts ",all sorts of reasons are put forward why it should be Taboo,all I can say to them ,"is try it you never know"?

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Dumb Commentary of a Selfish Sexual Retard

Just because people are growing to accept a taboo doesn't make it right. There are valid reasons for many social taboos that we the human race have merely forgotten because the world's population is so much larger and diverse now. Inbreeding not only perpetuates mental problems but many physical problems as well. So don't be selfish and short sighted. just because some genetic defect didn't show up in your immediate offspring doesn't mean it won't show up in the next generations. The Bible states "that we should be fruitful and multiply and: "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh." Can you imagine being the daughter in-law of some sexually retarded bitch mother in-law from hell who settles for fucking her kid because she is not woman enough to lick her wounds and get on about the business of living life as a grown up woman. You got hurt, so what WELCOME TO THE CLUB. Imagine all the potential dysfunction in a family when your brother is also your son. and your mother your sister. Our society has confused being horny with being in love. When you truly love your child you want them to spread their wings and be all they can be. Not keep them bound to you to fulfill your own selfish desires. Grow up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
What Would you suggest

To the last poster ,what would you suggest,we all carry mandatory DNA cards to make sure that we do not commit incest,its ironic what is accepted in the vast majority of europe,marriage between first cousins is considered incest in the USA.I am not suggesting that there should be a free for all when it comes to family sex,what I cannot find is statistics that link birth defects with incest.One final comment what did the human race do before biblical times,heard of Darwin?

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Interesting

First off I think this story fits better in the essay and reviews category but either way it is an interesting perspective. It seems that for everything that is ever done in the history of humankind there are reasons/excuses/perspectives as to why that "thing" is correct. It doesn't change someone else's point of view.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Narrow Minded

I thought this was a first class observation of the real world as it is today,as for the biblical narrow minded comment about "sexual retarded",I suggest he or she look in the mirror.Incest is found more in the higher classes,and takes place for pleasure not to "knock someone up".The number of cases of child abuse involvig incest,and there is in my book a big difference between that and consenting incest is more prevalent in deprived families and countries where there is little other pleasure in life.There are some very interesting statistics available,it would seem that India leads the incest tables with as many as 76 %having experienced some sort of incestuous relationship

Jena121Jena121over 16 years ago
After all.......................

how did we all get here in the first place??? There were supposedly only Adam and Eve, who had two sons?????? Now who did the deed to enable the world population to keep growing???? That is what I would like to know LOL

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Congrats

That was an A+ analysis. I actually enjoyed reading it.

Oldie21Oldie21almost 15 years ago
Re Hpyothetical

I thought this was a sensible and balanced approach to what has been made to be a taboo subject mainly by :religion"

Incest had been practised well before what we consider as the ancient civilizations, and well into the 1st milenium. It became forbidden by the church, which only succeeded in pushing it underground.

Also, you cannot find any credible evidence that children born from incest have mental defects at a greater rate than the entire population.

Congrats Moondrift on a very good essay on the subject

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
great....

hi,its great submission its not easy to assess this type of topic,but your effort is great,i liked it very much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
No Apology Needed.

You are very fortunate, experiencing what only very few

will. I hope your love/lust lasts forever.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
excellent work

so called fucking professionals are always talking out of their self proclaimed ass holes

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Nice read,

If it's for real, it's even better

daimmo3dmadaimmo3dmaover 7 years ago
The Horror!!

She had a cold!! A fucking cold!

LOL

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Robert ?

Nice story.

Freudian slip or.... who is Robert (stanza 5, para 8 then further down in stanza 5)

With your interest in research you can come up with numerous other story lines. Why limit yourself to personal experiences. Let your imagination go.

It will be nice to hear a 'pro' voice of experience.

imho: it is society that does the damage if by some bad twist of fate they should find out. 'Society' of course needs examples to support their own weak values.

If you need a copy editor to seek out and destroy freudian slips....let me know. ;)

CrevvieCrevvieover 4 years ago
My thoughts

Very well written Moondrift (with the exception of a couple of “Roberts” when speaking of Ian). I totally agree with you and the scene you describe is exactly what attracts me to Mother and Son incest. Two people who can not get any closer emotionally and unconditionally love each other, experiencing torment when their desire to progress that love to the physical level starts to surface. There is no more beautiful and romantic a story! My own contemplations on the origin of legislated laws prohibiting this relationship come to my own conclusion- the law/s have been enacted by those with the most to lose in these situations - men! What better way to ensure their position in the wife’s life as husband than by making it a criminal act for his greatest competition to usurp him - because he knows he would lose every time if mother and son were free to complete the development of theirs, the closest of human relationships!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous