All Comments on 'Just Trying To Help Pt. 02'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 76 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
DG Did It Again

Here, here, Mr. Hear - - -

I looked forward to this second part all day, and indeed it puts the topping on it all. Everything you produce seems to be from your heart, and I think that's the way it should be. The Wanderer, Jake (C4) Rivers (Can't call him "Dynamite" any more)and yourself are what I consider to be the Acme(s) of Authors. Thanks, DG, for a damned fine read. Prof. Ramstein

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
think for coming back to us

where did you go for a while?glad you back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Great Story!

What a feel good story! especially at this time of the year. I hate to admit it, but i had tears in my eyes a few times there.

DrallDrallover 16 years ago
The holiday spirit.

Thank you,DG,for a marvelous holiday story.I enjoy all your stories.Please keep writing.

EDYXXXEDYXXXover 16 years ago
Great as usual

Great story just like all your others. Keep up the good work

peggytwittypeggytwittyover 16 years ago
A good conclusion to a nice romance!

A good love story as you always deliver. Thank you for the effort and entertainment<P>PT

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Just a little research should have been done

If a spouse has not remarried, he or she is entitled to the full social security, just as though no other spouses existed. In this case, Mollie, and the other two spouses should be entitled to the exact same benefit - the full death benefits, not pro-rated benefits.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Thank you

For not making us wait for the second part. Great story but I wouldn't expect less from you.

You are one of the few writers whose stories I look for. Never disappointed.

A fan of DG Hear's stories and pround of it.

Can't sign my name, I'm a writer too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Great

I really enjoyed this story. Kepp up the good work.

PEATBOGPEATBOGover 16 years ago
Happy Holidays DG!!!!

What a super story for the holidays! I'm not ashamed to admit that my eyes were damp throughout. DG, this was yet another exceptionally well-written story up to your usual high standards. Yes full marks - no suggestions for improvement - to me it was perfect!. You are one of only a handful of authors I really care to read anymore. A devoted fan, Pete.

JakeRiversJakeRiversover 16 years ago
Nice job (yet again) of writing a beautiful

love story!

Nice characterization and a great sense of feelings and relationships.

I'm hoping I can get started writing again this afternoon.

Regards, Jack

bornagainbornagainover 16 years ago
Best All Around

DG I give this story thumbs up I really loved reading that ending it left me in tears all the way .

Pat

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 16 years ago
upbeat bonus part

To the most part the second part read like the bonus section in current DVD's where, under "additional features" you get extra takes or other forms of information on the main plot. That does not mean that I did not enjoy it, as I have. I just want to keep it honest; story wise most of the second part wasn't really essential to the main plot - even though as I said it did feel good to read. Thanks for the whole package!

anonymousreaderanonymousreaderover 16 years ago
damn you DG

That "Daddy's Little Girl" dance brought tears to my eyes. You jerk, you're forcing me to write better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago

Great job DG, wonderful story. You have a talent for story telling that is rare indeed. Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Terrific Story

A real tear jerker. This is one of the best stories I've read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
One of the greats

This was another sweet tale. I am reading many of your stories for a second time (or more). You never disappoint.

dangerouslydeaddangerouslydeadover 15 years ago
You are the greatest

I can spam all you entries by saying what a great writer you are and still fall short of my admiration for you words.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
one of the best

Wonderful story about loving people who are going to become a warm-hearted loving family.One of the best I've read in a long time. Congratulations author.

60 year old George

darkseraphdarkseraphabout 15 years ago
lovely

Beautiful story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

This story had me crying my eyes out! It is by far the absolute best romance story I have ever read. I applaud your work! No one else has done to me what you have done, WHY?? Please consider writing professionally, you do better than great work!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
lovely

just a warm fuzzy story. Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
heart warming story

The best of the best! Human, warmth, family and all combine to make for the best of Loving Wives stories. RAG

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
The Best Story

I too couldn't stop from crying my eyes out, the wedding scene was the best scene ever written .

Pat

Atlanta,ga

bruce22bruce22over 14 years ago
Wonderful Story

I missed this one in the past. Truly a well-written romance.

Thanks DG!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
I wish it was my own life

Gotta say its one of the best stories I've heard in a while, wish it were me in it. My life has been a tragedy almost as in the story, but with a different ending for now maybe it will change in the future. (still looking for my gardian angel)

SilverWolf78754SilverWolf78754almost 14 years ago
Loved it, but I have one question...

I know how both Larry and Harry feel. My daughter is almost 23 and I lover her as none other. Like Kim in this story, she has been my rock when things were tough going.

The question I had is refering to the end of the story, it almost sounded like Kim did not return from Aspen. I hope this was not the case by any means.

Orionman17Orionman17over 13 years ago
Fairy tale quality . . . which is a compliment as I love fairy tales . . .

especcially with happy endings! But then, I have really enjoyed all your stories. I just happen to like Molly and Larry and their family story! Thank you for another great read!

bigguy323bigguy323about 13 years ago
Nice story. I liked it a lot. I note a couple of issues with how Social Security works.

First, death benefits are ONLY awarded to the actual wife of record at the time of death. ALL children receive EQUAL consideration and there are NO reductions in different households. In other words his benefits are not "divided" among all the children. Each child will benefit individually and equally.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
MAYBE NICE GUYS DO COMPETE

and sometimes win the prize. TK U MLJ LV NV

cueball961cueball961about 12 years ago
Awesome!

Just absolutely awesome! Nothing more can, or needs to be, said. Despite the rough exterior of this old Marine I'm a hopeless romantic. When I read about someone going through devastating heartbreak and finding something better in return it warms my heart. I had pretty much the same thing as this man happen in my own life. My second wife picked me up and made life worth living. She's even a red head as well!

Thanks for a good tale that shows a good man blessed with a truly loving wife. You are a talented writer and I enjoy your work. Bless you.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 12 years ago
I feel I almost know these people -

This one had a great realty feel to it - nice work-

Incredible coincidence does happen once in a great while.

Well thought out, designed and executed - thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
LOVED IT

ONE OF YOUR BEST WORKS. A HAPPY TEAR.

pumpop201pumpop201about 11 years ago
Teriffic

I will never read your stories again. I am a fully grown mature man and I'm not supposed to cry over a silly story. I'm sending you the bill for the Kleenex.

phil2213phil2213about 11 years ago
This story rocked ...Soft and sweet in the end

ThiI thoroughly enjoyed this magnificent happy ending story. This story was very short but extremely powerful and poignant. It covered the trials and tribulations of a really good average man..widowed...divorced.. then Happily Married. The author is beyond great and supremely talented. This story was one of the absolute best I've read. I will come back and read this again and again it's that great.Thank you DG Hear!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Any man with a daughter

wouldn't have a dry eye. Finest kind.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
Enjoyed it

Well done. Thanks or the offering.

Of course, as I read this story I am struck with a thought regarding all the happy ending stories on this site... What guarantee is there that the same thing won't happen again? The vows are a nice touch, but how do we know its going to be happy ever after?

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Excellent

Probably the happiest ending I've ever read. Inspiring tale of love and togetherness Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Great story!

That was the best story I ever read on this web site. And believe me, I have read a lot. Awesome!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
That was one dandy story!

"If a man wants to know what his wife would look like in twenty years, take a good look at her mother today."

Nope. I would like to think it was true but my mother in law is tall, slim and athletic. My wife is short and fat as a pig. (I love her anyway!) She takes after her fathers side of the family.

krosis666krosis666over 9 years ago
Just what every woman wants

For a guy to go down on one knee, and propose, and to then slip his DEAD WIFE'S rings onto her finger! What woman doesn't want that!

KarenEKarenEabout 9 years ago
@krosis666

You can really be such an ass, sometimes!

You shouldn't think of them as his dead wife's rings (not that that would be so bad!), but as Kim's mother's rings, and for Kim to allow Molly to have them was a wonderful getsure.

VickieTernVickieTernabout 9 years ago
The last two-thirds a bit too idyllic.

Though altogether satisfying. I'd have appreciated their happiness even more if it were earned with some shared tribulation or resolved quarrel or surprising ... well, if it included the semblance of human coping and joining, a touch of spice accommodated, a dissonance made harmonious nevertheless. We marry and appreciate each other for what each bring, both because of and despite unexpected traits.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
No time for critics

Occasionally, I am confounded and for the life of me, try as I might, I can find no fault. You see, I make my living as an editor and writer; and the world has no more miserable "knit picker" than someone like me. We eds get paid handsomely for being unremitting "A'sH's... But this was a danged good show. Thanks.

krosis666krosis666over 8 years ago
@KarenE

Talk about being slow on the uptake!

How many comments on how many stories, have I openly admitted that I tend to be an ass on occasion, and when I do, I take it out on strangers on Literotica, who could seriously care less what I say, instead of those around me. Hell, I'm being an ass right now! If it makes you feel better, I have a small cock too!

Why is it that you are the only one that takes me seriously, or takes what I say personally? Just like the doctor told his patient complaining of a pain when he raised his arm above his head, to simply stop doing it. If my venting on an anonymous website bothers you, (I ain't here for the classical literature!) simply don't read my comments😋 Don't let me get you down, KarenE, someday I might leave a nice comment and someday you might (we can always dream) agree with something I say!

Am I being condescending? Probably. After all, I AM an ass😈

krosis666krosis666over 8 years ago
By the way

I actually DID like and enjoy this story. It's always a sign of a good story when, by the time you get to the end, you have completely forgotten the cheating slut at the start, whose name you can't even remember! I can recall ALL the nice characters from this story, but I would have to re read it, to remember the ex wife's name. Good job.

(Maybe I'd be less of an ASS (😉), if I stuck to reading the nice romance stories first, instead of reading all the crappy other stories first!

What do you think, KarenE? I bet you disagree!

krosis666krosis666over 8 years ago
KarenE.........

I'm sorry.😩

I love you.

🐰Here's a bunny.

I really am trying to be a nicer person. Forgive me?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
A good story

I enjoyed reading your tale although the end was a bit much. Not recommended for those with diabetes.

I do have a problem with your unhealthy obssession with perfection. Like so many others on this site you use the past perfect tense (...if you would have) when the past tense (...if you had) is called for.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Well slap me on my back and call me Jack

Top story great read.Oh! Hell it's Fantastic! ★★★★★★★★★★=100 % Love you all! Bye. Greg.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 7 years ago
Wow missed this one

I have never read this one. Not sure how I missed it from one of my favorite authors but I am happy to correct the oversight. A five star read. A pleasure to read such a well written story with great characters.

Please keep writing and I will keep reading. Even the ones I have missed!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Another GREAT story---Keep going

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Really enjoyed it

You really nailed it as a "Romantic" story. It had all the ingredients. Love, trust, children, bad folks and a great ending. Well thought out and written. Thank you. BK

myassisdraginmyassisdraginover 6 years ago
Excellent

One of the best stories I've read in a while. Deserves 10 stars...

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 6 years ago
Dammitt

Why you want to write a story that chokes me up. I'm a grizzled old man. We can't have this getting out and ruining my reputation!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Superb

Thank you for a wonderful, uplifting tale. I'll remember these lovable characters for a long time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Big Boys don't cry........ We sniffle!

Thanks for giving us both sides of the story. Anyone with half a heart enjoyed this romantic story. Well written!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Re: Schwanze1 - Dammitt

Me too brother, getting old at the speed of light. You said it all. Signed: BTW

Baddogie59Baddogie59almost 5 years ago
Great story

I found this to be very refreshing to read as it kept my attention from start to finish.

I needed to read this with all I am experiencing right now.

My loving wife of 16 years is battling cancer and I needed something to make me smile.

Thank you for giving me a deep happy feeling.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Fantastic in so many ways.

Read this together, with my wife of almost 50 years. She had to stop and dry her eyes a few times. I did too, but you can't tell any one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
5 Stars

Sometimes I Just need a Good Story like this One

Helen1899Helen1899almost 4 years ago
Just special

It's just special a story that leaves you feeling so good, if only I could give it 10 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
A wonderful "feel good" story

Life is full of challenges, and karma/ good will is abundant. This story is a wonderful read and restores faith in human kindness during a time where the only news appears to be bad news.

Thank you for a wonderful enjoyable story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Okay you are sweet DG but you don't give your dead wife's rings to a new woman. That is seriously very very wrong.

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 3 years ago

The only dead women's rings that should be given to a spouse are mothers or older. It's tacky as fuck to give your dead wife's jewelry to your new wife.

Sometimes you have to wonder if the writers are men or women, or lie about their gender. There is no question here, only a man could write that lol.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

As usual You are a superb storyteller Best wishes (jaybee186)

Oldsofty1961Oldsofty1961about 2 years ago

lovely story I felt a bit of the same reaction about the rings as annonmous did a year ago even though you might haved loved her as much solid no no other than that great story needed tissues on this one for sure solid five Thank you

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

Very nice story, rescue the damsel in distress then marry her. Instant family with two kids.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Yep! A second masterpiece in part 2.

5*

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Ultimately cheerful, definitely emotionally written, I felt it. Doubtless some will consider it too sweet, not me.

Rancher46Rancher46over 1 year ago

Excellent, a real masterpiece, what more can I say. 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Absolutely loved it, although part way through I did remember a line from Cool Hand Luke, “What we’ve got here is a failure to communicate.”

oldtwitoldtwit11 months ago

Well you kept it going just the same paced story from start to finish, not bad but not really special.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Good

DeanofMeanDeanofMean9 months ago

stupid rain ,,, lovely

Ocker53Ocker5310 days ago

A really lovely story⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
5700 Followers
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories