All Comments on 'Movie Review: Black Snake Moan'

by Selena_Kitt

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
SHORT

This is about a quarter of a story so you get 25,if you had kept going you would have got 100,still even pussy cats have their off days.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
i'll have to...

...see this movie now. :)

sassy_missussassy_missusover 16 years ago
I disagree

I love Samuel Jackson and appreciate most of Christina Ricci's stuff, but this movie was sadly lacking for both individuals. Apparently your standards are lacking as well. I will agree with you on Justin Timberlake...puh-leez someone quit casting this kid. But the movie was poor, the plot was poor and as an avid Blue fan, I was sorely disappointed in the soundtrack as well.

washdog10washdog10over 16 years ago
Your Review Makes Me Angry At Myself

I had this film until today and never watched it. I will however get it again based solely on your review. I got it from the local library, along with several others only because of Jackson and Ricci, but had to return it before I could check it out. Your take on it has moved it to the top of my must see list. Take a bow, you deserve it. I seldom, if ever pay attention to the so called professional critics, and while I don't know if you are one, I will say you should be. You should be syndicated or have your own television show. Keep up the good work, I will be looking for your reviews.

Selena_KittSelena_Kittover 16 years agoAuthor
To Each Her Own...

I think a lot of people didn't "get" this movie... unfortunately. Maybe I'm just strange ;)

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Boy do I agree with you!!!!

I loved this movie so much that I watched it about five or six times before I sent it back to Netflix. I agree that Justin was just a waste of air and space in this picture! The whole love hate thing was great and I got the message the first time I watched it but I had to see it again and again. Keep up the good movie reviews!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
I agree

I loved this movie. I was telling a friend of mine the same things you said in your review. The best part of the movie is when Samuel L. plays the guitar during the thunderstorm. Simply awesome! And the scene at the local watering hole is ridiculously hot! A very watchable movie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Dangerous Ground

This sort of submission Selena is dangerous ground,but at least you had a go.

Mystery_MeatMystery_Meatover 16 years ago
Warning - tongue-in-cheek reply

So, the premise of the movie is that sexually promiscuous women are NOT a good thing for our society, and they should be "cured"? I can see most of the straight male and lesbian audience agreeing with that (sarcasm).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Fair enough

I enjoyed the movie as well, and count it among my many cinematic guilty pleasures. It was a drive-in movie made too late to capture that audience which has now all but vanished. The most amusing part of the movie for me was a part you didn't touch on, but was pretty obvious to me. Every single white character in the movie was a real piece of crap, from her parents, her friends, Timberlake, all the people in town and everywhere in between. Drunks, dopers, stupid or any combination of the three.

The black characters, on the other hand, were all virtuous and righteous. Every single one of them. Even the pimp who used her as a cum dump in the motel, had an angelic lighting around him when he explained to Samuel in the poolhall of his high standards of pimping. If the movie had reversed the colors, Al Sharpton would have been still howling his displeasure.

So if you can get past that blantant racism and take it for what it is, a trailer trash fantasy romp, it's good entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Agree in Full

Thirteen years later, the film and this review still stand on their merits.

FlamethrowFlamethrow2 months ago

Jackson and Ricci are astoundingly good in this movie

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous