All Comments on 'Within You, Without You'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 368 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Interesting

This is a good story though you will probably receive some flack from those who think your narrator should have kicked out the cheating wife. I guess 25 years should count for something.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Great Story!

Great Story!

He did throw her back twice, but she keeps climbing back on the dock.

High Regards: Bill

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Interesting Reaction

His actions seemed to fit the character HDK developed. At that age and at that point in his life he may have felt that it would be cheaper to keep her, at least emotionally, than to try to replace her. Although, the rich widow did have possibilities. She did seem repentant and considering the length of their marriage, if this is the only screw-up she has ever made, then why not give her a second chance? I do think the story was a few paragraphs too short. I would have liked to have been a mouse in the corner and listened to his boss try to make an offer enticing enough to keep him from retiring.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
What??

Same old wierd stuff: All the characters always claim hubbies not a wimp, yet he's back to "making love" to wifie a few days after seeing her naked doing it with some guy! Wife always loves hubbie the best, it was just a brain malfuction, like her giving her body to another is like sneezing. Wifie's at the cabin to find hubbie after taking off work: you mean she still works there after her family beat the crap out of the owner?!?! Hubbie's always sooo cool and calm in plotting some Rube Goldberg like mechanisms of revenge yet he never seems to require wifie to prove her redemption by going after her boss for sexual harrassment (ie put some money where her mouth is, and in hubbie's pocket). Hubbie's always so passionate to give his reacquired bride much sex and many orgasms, yet he's just a stonelike zombie while watching some guy fingering his wife's naked tits. Divorced from reality??? Well he didn't have enough passion to beat both the guy and his wife to a pulp initially instead thinking up some strange plot to fix them good, acts (again) like he's somewhat responsible for her straying, turns down another woman cause his wife's the only one for him (guess wife feels she can still date around though), and things get back to (better than) normal after a few good dunks in the lake all in an afternoon???

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
What??

Same old wierd stuff: All the characters always claim hubbies not a wimp, yet he's back to "making love" to wifie a few days after seeing her naked doing it with some guy! Wife always loves hubbie the best, it was just a brain malfuction, like her giving her body to another is like sneezing. Wifie's at the cabin to find hubbie after taking off work: you mean she still works there after her family beat the crap out of the owner?!?! Hubbie's always sooo cool and calm in plotting some Rube Goldberg like mechanisms of revenge yet he never seems to require wifie to prove her redemption by going after her boss for sexual harrassment (ie put some money where her mouth is, and in hubbie's pocket). Hubbie's always so passionate to give his reacquired bride much sex and many orgasms, yet he's just a stonelike zombie while watching some guy fingering his wife's naked tits. Divorced from reality??? Well he didn't have enough passion to beat both the guy and his wife to a pulp initially instead thinking up some strange plot to fix them good, acts (again) like he's somewhat responsible for her straying, turns down another woman cause his wife's the only one for him (guess wife feels she can still date around though), and things get back to (better than) normal after a few good dunks in the lake all in an afternoon???

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
great read

What a well-written, developed story. Great characters. Eager to see where it goes. Anyone who says he should have thrown her out right away (he may yet) is being impatient or looking for a different kind of story. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Who Knows

What they would do,I have no idea except everything would change. Really enjoyed story so far, hope there is more to come. One of my favorite writers, always good,thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Crapola

Wimp husband eats shit again. HDK, don't you ever get tired of writing this garbage? We're all tired of reading it.

DrallDrallalmost 16 years ago
Thanks!

This is a very fine story!It might not even be a fictional one.I'm so glad they are going to work things out.I love a happy ending.

cageyteecageyteealmost 16 years ago
Well there's one thing for sure . . .

this will bring the anonymouses (anonymousii ?? I never did figure that one out)into full force! For me, I felt badly for the guy because he must have been hurting but he chose to benefit in another way and that's alright with me. I love it when the underdog wins. Presumably, his sex life with a person he loves, even if she did hurt him, will be more to his fantasy and his employer will improve his job prospects. I just love HDK stories!

bruce22bruce22almost 16 years ago
Amusing as Always

I had to take a break when reading the story just after he discovered the lovers. During that time I was curious how HDK would be able to dig out from under the pile laid on our hero without appealing to wimpiness. My conclusion was that if I had access to firearm at that moment we would have a couple of murders and a suicide. That focalized the question of why I would give up my life, but I am old and tired and my wife is most of life for me.<P>

But it did continue to focalize for me the question if any pain is assuaged by this or other vengeful solution. What it comes down to is that if you love you are vulnerable. <P>

I concluded that HDK wrote a great story and I believe that his hero could come out of it happier than he had been for monthes! Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Wanting

The conversation between the wife and lover at the cabin seemed highly contrived, enough so as to detract from the entire story. Interesting premise but poor ending. I don't expect the guy to be a raging revenge monster but this response was really weak.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Ok the first fuck on the dock was a revenge fuck.

Later it is all love and kisses. Three months she cheated, fucked the guy twelve times, and no consideration of medical testing? No thoughts of what this had really done to their marriage? I get sort of tired of the folks on here that critique the people who read the stories and dont care for them for one reason or another. Since when does using a alias or nick mean you have identified yourself any more than not selecting a nick? Grow up small minded people. There is no payback for the husband, nothing. The wife had her sex, enjoyed her fling, as she said she was riding him like a cowgirl when her father walked in. Put another way if she hadnt been caught she would still be riding him. That doesnt speak of love for her husband. In fact it speaks of total disrespect and total betrayal of her husband. Do you really get the scene? He talked nice to me and was nice to me so I had sex with him over and over. My goodness if that is all it took every guy who holds a door for her and smiles and says good morning she should be fucking. Nope, you trusted her and she broke the trust. She broke the marriage contract. Her father knows she did and he would have divorced her. Once trust is lost you can never really trust again. Fuck her, forgive her, forget her. She is used history just like the job, cut your losses from the past and move on to a better life. The widow across the lake sounds like and looks like a much better choice for a fuck partner. And with her support she provided him, she sounds like a much better life partner. After al the wife didnt even realize he was unhappy with his life, how much does she really care about her husband? It can be summed up easily, she enjoys the sex, otherwise who gives a damn.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Enjoyable

Loved it. I know it is fiction, but I hope they ended up still married.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Enjoyed it

You are one of the few authors that can make a cheating wife story interesting and erotic, although I don't condone adultery your stories are usually believable and well written. I've noticed in most stories as in real life husbands tend to be more forgiving and willing to reconcile with adulterous wives than vice versa and I'm not sure of the reasons but it happens. Well Done and I eagerly await your next story. BRAVO!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
liked it

but the end is the end ? he was hurt so he had to drown himself in booze and just about a day later he likes her slutty behavior ? and everything is fine ?

BigFtHunterBigFtHunteralmost 16 years ago
Loved it.

HDK please dont end this one here. Think about one more chapter. She just cant get away with it as easy as that. Thanks

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 16 years ago
Good Story; Well Written, BUT...

...I would have upgraded to Janet (or at least made the attempt). I don't think balance has been restored to the relationship (a couple of trysts at the dock are more like band-aids) and I think they're going to have some problems going forward (although the pain caused by Olivia's father is a good start).

NucleusNucleusalmost 16 years ago
Compliments

The more stories you write the better they are. You're capable to put a serious theme into a heartbreaking story. When I read this story I suffered with the characters and relieved because the solution of their marital problem. You created marvelous characters in a great setting and made a great story out of it.

<p>Sincere regards</p>

<b>Nucleus</b>

cloacascloacasalmost 16 years ago
Strong and weak points

Strong: descriptions of minor events conveyed detail very well. Aspects of psychology of the guy brought out through those details. That was excellent work.

Weak: some of the plot and some of the scenes. For example, how is a guy not going to tell work that a major business opportunity may have gone up in flames. Didn't ring true and was unnecessary. Could have said he was going to sort out other business in Philly and then taken off. The conversation overheard through the window wasn't believable and it drained much of the drama because the guy knew it was her first affair, etc.

General: I don't understand the need for strange ways to break up sex - the alarm stuff - but that's totally a writer's choice. I felt however you could have substantially increased the drama by eliminating the overheard conversation and extending the story for another page or two. The problem dramatically is that he knows and he must think she knows he knows so you create this odd situation where she shows up. I understand you were building to a fight becoming sex scene but the setup for that didn't work well. You then give her a long speech about being shamed but that doesn't address his psychology and his mind is the center of the story. You switched it at the end to one in which she's chastised and has learned her lesson but the story is supposed to be about his feelings about his life and you set that up but didn't get there.

Always enjoy your work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Great story

This is an interesting story. I totally enjoyed it in its entirety. It's one of HDK's best stories in my opinion. His stories tend to be a bit on the short side, but he sure packs a lot of information into a few pages. RAG

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 16 years ago
Huge holes Doesnt work at all

This story doesnt even come close to working. The Dock scene is DUMB and is a disaster that makes the husband looks stupid and wimpy. <b>WHY after finding out his wife has been cheating for 6+ months would he WANT to fuck her so soon after finding out?</b>

<br></br>

IF the husband had found that she fucked Bill ONE time... ok maybe I can see the Dock scene working.

<br></br>

<b>PROBLEM 2 her confession is vile nasty and self serving. </b> Discovering the wife has a submissive side is interesting but it hardly explains <b>WHY She think her husband would of course forgive her if</b> she got caught. That is a SERIOUS Martial issue which is NEVER addressed. In a HDK story you usually dont see that sort of massive oversight.

<br></br>

<b>PROBLEM 3 no consequences. </b> None. The wife Did NOT confess because she was filled with regret or remorseful. The <b> ONLY </b> reason she confessed is beacuse of the Alarm system the cops and her Dad showing up. Yet the Husband KNOWS this... siunce he trigegred the silent Alarm. Again this KEY issue is not addressed at all .

<br></br>

I am NOT asking for an ending I like. I am asking for explanantion for the issues raised by the author. I dont think I am being unreasnable here.

JakeRiversJakeRiversalmost 16 years ago
No buts... no huge holes...

Just a great story.

Jack

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
It needs more

I enjoyed it but it needs an ending as the ending did not feel like one for me. Just like your Eleanor Rigby story needed the additional part, this one also needs a second chapter to wrap it up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Realistic or Fractured Fairy Tale

This strikes me as a cross between your short humorous Adult Fractured Fairy Tales (a la Rocky & Bulwinkle) and your more realistic stories. But I don't think it makes sense to mix the two. I agree with Cloacas that the Bill's talk at the cabin was a weak story element. If you were trying to be realistic than I would want Olivia tested for STDs after Bill (who clearly plays around). Your story indicates that Olivia can detect whether Jack is telling the truth, but doesn't mention that he has such a super power. Hard to know if her forced confession just regrets being caught. Her saying that he should not have retired without her knowing and then later informing him that she quit appears to be a double standard. Why does Jack assume that she is naturally submissive instead of just temporarily to broker a peace. If you are trying for realism than this needs a part 2.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
YOU LEFT US HANGING

It is not like you to leave things up in the air. Does our hero retire, get some revenge against the wife's boss–I particularly like some of the thing you do to the wife's lover in other stories-- and what punishment for the wife? It seems to me she is getting a reward for stepping out on her husband.

Longhorn__07Longhorn__07almost 16 years ago
A Nice Slice of Life Story

Good stuff, HDK.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Weak

I am usually not too critical of your writing. I don't hold you to a high standard. Your submissions are fairly lightweight and short on emotion. However they usually are a good read. Sorry to say this doesn't do it for me. Too many holes even for you to jump over.

PArebelPArebelalmost 16 years ago
Enjoyed It

I enjoy most, if not all of your work. You are certainly one of the authors I look for when I glance over the list of new storires. <p>

Having said that, I think this really was two different stories. Until you get him back to the cabin with Janet you have a story that seems palusible and very readable (not withstanding the potentially contrived feeling some have about the conversation between the lovers). From that point on, the story loses pace and balance. <P>

She believed he would forgive her, and he did. But there has to be some consequences for her actions, and some way of recognizing true remorse. As someone has said, we have no way of knowing at this point if she is sorry about the affair, or sorry she got caught by her father and brother. There also has been no retribution towards the other offender (Bill). <P>

I am not saying that there should not be reconciliation, I just don't think it happens this quickly. I would enjoy seeing a treatment which took it back to thediscovery of the infidelity and expanded on the reconciliation (much as was done with Eleanor Rigby).

Risq_001Risq_001almost 16 years ago
*Sigh*

<p>Sorry HDK, but again I just didn't really go for your story too much. I mean to me a story really goes down hill fast when one party of a marriage is carrying on a deliberate long term affair, the other mate finds out about the affair, and the way they both decide to get past the cheating is by them having sex, which somehow makes it all better because the affair is helping the cheated on spouse reignite the missing spark from their marriage? And the affair is helping them discover things they never knew about each other, which in turn makes the sex hotter now somehow??</p>

<p>?!?!?!?!?</p>

<p>This has got to have made him one of the most shallow characters I've read about in a long time and her character one of the most self centered. Everyone remorseful once caught, but it takes true character to stop it (or never start in the first place) and try it make it right "before" they get caught.</p>

<p>I'm all for forgiveness in a story where it makes sense, so they can work it out, but his wife character only quit cheating because she got caught, not because it was the right thing to do. Her character did not a single thing to redeem herself, except get naked and have sex with her husband, after her father caught her sleeping with a married man. She only confessed because her father and brother caught her cheating and she got scared.</p>

<p>And whats with the other man getting beat up, but her getting rewarded with sex?? Exactly how is that a fair exchange for an affair. By the story it was her families cabin, her boss, both her and her boss went up there, she was giving out willing blow jobs, she was riding him cowgirl in the master bedroom when she was caught, but only Bill got beat up, and she only got yelled at, as if he was forcing her to do this against her will and it was primarily all his fault. And why the police didn't arrest the father for assault makes no sense too me, because that is exactly what happens if you hit someone in front of a cop. And it looks bad for their career if you make a complaint that you were assaulted in their presence and they stood by and watched. I really can't see how the scales got balanced out in that one. She gets to to back to loving wife after the affair and he gets assaulted for something that <b>both</b> of the were equal partners in crime in doing.</p>

<p>And having the husband witness her saying <i><b>"Would Jack accept it? I know he wouldn't actually accept it, but I think he could forgive me. We've been together forever. He loves me unconditionally. I'm sure of that."</b></i> That just killed the story for me. Sorry but anyone hearing their mate basically saying "I can screw around with another person, sure my mate won't be happy if they ever found out, but they'll pretend it never happened because they love me to much to let me go" pretty much says they have no respect for you at all. And if your willing to accept your position after hearing that, your pretty much saying you don't deserve respect either. And having the husband witness this, and then by the end of the story decide "What the hay, we can stay married because she's pretty good in the sack" doesn't make me see the story as a happy ending. I knew where this was going by the middle of page two, and I just kept shaking my head.</p>

<p>Sorry, I tried, but I just didn't really like this story much =(</p>

-Risq

thebulletthebulletalmost 16 years ago
Excellent as usual

HDK just writes better than most of the authors on this site. This story is an odd mixture of anguish and humor that works. It goes without saying that this is an unusual piece for this website.

But it's a darn good one. There are circumstances in which reconciliation is an acceptable outcome, and HDK molded this story into just such an occasion.

I know that some readers claim they would throw the bitch to the street if she smiled at someone else, but we aren't all running on auto-pilot all of the time. Some of us actually think.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusalmost 16 years ago
a thing of joy

Very, very nice all around. Thanks for a great tale. Of course we would enjoy part 2 through 6 as well, but what is here is fine.

peggytwittypeggytwittyalmost 16 years ago
Wonderfull tale of you cheated now what

It was written with a wonderful tempo and more an uplifting tale then the abhorrence of betrayal. Many points have been made about the timing and the actions these two had from betrayal to forgiveness. It was good to see you put your own spin on whom these two people are. There are no two relationships the same as there are no two exact personalities, even in twins.<P>

I know of cases where a better marriage came from a separation (though in this story there was no separation just a sudden knowledge of betrayal), and two partners came back together to share a new found love of each other and a lust for sharing all they found good in their separation (not just sex). It works for many, and yet so many part ways and never get to see or enjoy the new person each develops into in the new life they forge ahead in.<P>

It seems that all the real distaste espoused after this story, is of this reconciliation in the time frame of making up, to not being able in some readers minds to forgive. Some readers appear to feel once a cheater always a cheater. I guess it is what each reader believes makes up a persons character, whether they can change or not. Seeing yourself for what you are really doing and by facing up to your actions, or in this case having it thrown in your face with the added realization your husband is found attractive by other women, can be the wake up call.<P> Your sense of humor and timing is fantastic even in a serious story. Thank you for the wonderful read and entertainment.<P> PT

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanalmost 16 years ago
what complete nonsense

it started out as a typical cheating story, then it veered toward cuckholdry, and then it ended up in JPB Hustler's world, where the husband's NOW THE AFRAID one: <p>

How large is his cock? Bigger than mine? What position did you do it in? Dick you suck his cock?, of course, you did,,, did you swallow? Are you in love with him? <p>

Of course, not in those exact term, but when the anger of an insult and angry husband, of an angry father in law, and of an angry brother in law ALL DISAPPEARED the minute the wife takes off her underwear in front of the husband --- e.g., "if there's any thing over the years she knows about me, it is that I can't get angry with her when she's naked in front of me, with me looking at her ass," blah, blah, blah?? <p>

LOL! <p>

Complete gibberish red herring nonsense. Able writer as usual, no doubt, but complete gibberish story plot.

KOLKOREKOLKOREalmost 16 years ago
Being (and staying) numb

Key characteristic: being numb. It should have developed but in fact was left alone, and with it the story became dull, even as the art of the story telling remained as brilliant as no other author here can equal. <P>

Of course there are numbed, depressed, people. It would have made for an interesting tale if you followed your own cue for a good answer. In fact, to a small degree you have: the work. But with regard to his relations with his wife, it was just disappointing. Others have pointed out the same problems: main issues were left untouched or replaced with superficial substitutions. Her sub tendencies; her nakedness some more vigorous sex; are these the answers to the big betrayal of trust? Even up to the point of the confession she was being confrontational and not forthcoming while the husband mysteriously apologetic (oh, how much I dislike those misplaced apologies by the wronged side). Ok, I have to confess: In my head (I tried to stop it) I kept hearing: "Wimp! Wimp! Wimp! Just this visceral reaction. This soft apologetic interaction, moving on with no accounting to what most would see as a major break in the relations. <P>

At the end, I just could not enjoy the story as much as I hoped for when I saw that you have finally posted a new one. <P>

Thank you for writing. For anyone who could not enjoy one story there are several others who do (I checked!). Hopefully, next time I would be in the other camp.

Zeb40Zeb40almost 16 years ago
The responses prove it.

You are one of the most read authors on the site, and for good reason. I know that you have been trying to take a different slant on the cheating wife genre, and for that I gave you an extra 25 points. I am always eager for one of your submissions, as they are usually so far above most of the dreck posted in Loving Wives that there is no comparison. Now, to return to the story, I felt that the ending was a little rushed. I would have thought that he should have been a little slower to forgive what was a major transgression, but based on what she said to her lover in his hearing, he could be relatively sure it was the first affair. The problem is, if she indeed has a submissive side, what's to keep her from falling under another's influence when her husband isn't around. He definitely has to give some serious thought to his future relationship with his wife. The tale begs for a little more information. That said, a good read. Paul

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
The dare to be Different Couldn't Cover the Wimp

It makes me angry - you make me angry when you turn a positive possible into a cheap sows ear while chuckling all the way home - or was that cucking as in wimpsville.<P>

One could argue that there isn't anyone here more anticipated until you spread this manure. Is this a challenge to your fan adoration retention or not night for you?<P>

Almost no one wants to see you go JPB or away but cmon we deserve better from someone who should know about life and unavoidable consequence - it isn't frivolous or cute no matter how much lipstick you smear on your pig.<P>

Even a whore couldn't respect a cuck who stays without dire consequence for his long time cheating ho.<P>

The end matters HDK - you can't build a foundation founded on life and reality then cutely disrespect yourself while bulldozing it for yucks and '0' else.<P>

I thought you were too smart to act like a dumb shit.<P>

With less regard<P>

Obviously you can and will do what you want but unlike the wimp in this story - there is always consequence for doing or ignoring the wrong thing.<P>

For the "its only a story" pacifiers - this 'story' drove the wrong emotion as evidenced by the commentors who tell it as it is - eh Harry, Risque and others who usually support this writer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
a story of true love after all!

i enjoyed your story like most of your writings. it doesn't need another ending either. keep it up if you can as some of us enjoy them, period!

roadbirdroadbirdalmost 16 years ago
why not just tell her

that since she did what she did ...he had to have his own affair and fuck another woman for 3 months ....after which he will settle down with her again ...if she ever does it again bye bye baby ....and oh yes go ahead and retire and make her quit her job after telling bills wife of their affair also ...dont you think she also deserves some revenge

Emerald_DragonEmerald_Dragonalmost 16 years ago
Holy Shit

I don't think that I have ever seen so many long comments on one story in my life! I thought it was pretty good. I like the fact that he had a new and interesting way of getting back at her! That was priceless. I also like the reference to his father-in-law and his 'change in attitude'. I think that the confrontation could have been a little more emotionally charged concidering what they were talking about. As to the complaints that he was still screwing his wife, well, anybody ever heard of marking your territory?

All in all I liked it although I think a little more emotion and a little more developement of Jack would have been nice.

DesertPirateDesertPiratealmost 16 years ago
Good!

A very good story that has sure fired up the trolls! HDK this is another in a long line of well written stories with a wonderful line of humor running throughout. I notice many didn't like the ending, oh well. I enjoyed it and thank you for the fun.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Rushed reconciliation

I think Harry brought out some valid points. The wife does not seem to be sorry but that she was caught by her entire family and it hurt her feelings. Hubby was WAY to quick to have sex with her knowing about the long term affair and not knowing if he was sliding into an STD factory. I think they could possibly get back together but not so quickly and not without counseling, a trip to the doctor and a lot of rough days. Her punishment............orgasms? Not in my world...........................

ralphcralphcalmost 16 years ago
bs

im not believing this shit. one of my favorite authors and i can only stomach 1/2 of this story. boy , he sure acted like having a whore for a wife pissed him off. he really knows how to pout it up doesn't he. well, since shes only a whore and not a slut he can put up with that. she was only fucking around on him for fun. she didn't really need the other guy or anything serious like that. besides, hubby had been getting stressed from work. thats always a good excuse. pure fucking wimp hdk

ralphcralphcalmost 16 years ago
bs

im not believing this shit. one of my favorite authors and i can only stomach 1/2 of this story. boy , he sure acted like having a whore for a wife pissed him off. he really knows how to pout it up doesn't he. well, since shes only a whore and not a slut he can put up with that. she was only fucking around on him for fun. she didn't really need the other guy or anything serious like that. besides, hubby had been getting stressed from work. thats always a good excuse. pure fucking wimp hdk.

jack_strawjack_strawalmost 16 years ago
everybody else...

... has weighed in on this one, so why not. Now, I love harddaysknight's stories. They're well-written, full of wit and always entertaining. And this one is decent read - IF - you can overlook the gaping plot holes. Sorry, buddy, but this one just does not work. I don't have a problem with reconciling, if there is something worth saving. But, goodness gracious, why would Jack want to stay with Olivia? She's an insensitive, self-centered twit. He listens to his wife cut him to ribbons verbally, watches Bill the Car Salesman take her to bed, and two days later he's fucking her like nothing happened? Not in my world. And what about that little diatribe. HDK is usually the master of dialogue, but the conversation between Olivia and Bill at the cabin just sounds so stilted and awkward, like it's being staged for Jack's benefit, except he's not supposed to be there. The character of Janet is used as a foil, when she's the direction Jack really should go. Just so many little things, and to top it off, it didn't have HDK's usual crispness. He can usually tell a great story in under 2 pages, but for some reason, he needs 3 here, and the story is poorer for it. Overall, an OK story, but it's a long way from the best.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Can't Buy It

HDK:<p>I wish I could tell you that I enjoyed this story, but I can't. Oh, it was adeptly penned, but the story itself did little for me.<p>The conversation between wife and lover at the story's beginning seemed stilted. Curious that after all this time, these two would feel motivated to examine their consciences now. I thought the purpose of this conversation was more "back story" than credible dialog.<p>I felt the wife's motivation for first engaging in the affair was frivolous. While she did acknowledge that her explanation amounted to "bullshit," her ascribing her behavior to her perusing magazines and the internet painted her as an idiot. And of course there was the requisite neglect by her husband and the attentions from her boss. If you are going to portray a wife as unfaithful, at least don't give her the moral backbone of a reed in the wind.<p>I found it curious that the husband in so many words accuses his wife of neglecting him after their meeting at the cabin, a charge with which she seems to agree. But then, at story's end, the husband faults himself for having neglected her. So, which is it?<p>KOLKORE and others have mentioned that this grievous breach of marital trust has not yet been addressed. Does her shedding her top all the salve this guy needed to help him move past what seemed to be considerable grief? After his listening to her explanation and description of her affair, his first course of action is to 'bonk' her?<p>And the little interplay at story's end between the two couples...why? How did it add to the story other than to suggest that this husband suffered from short term amnesia? I mean he overheard his wife discussing her infidelity with her lover during which she was told that she was basically a notch on his belt. And after hearing that she hops into bed with him. And her husband reacts how?<p>I'm not implying that such a situation could not achieve the same resolution as you presented, but not in this story.<p>As always, thank you for your effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Wimp!!

Story starts off with a real deal killer for almost every guy: Jack, how does Bill's dick taste? Jack hears Bill praise wife for great cock sucking. Well, it was no more than 12 times, so is he a really wimp to take her back?? Wife appears to be a 14 carat phoney! She quit the affair, and then her job, only because her family caught her and beat her boss/lover and put pressure on her. Then, I don't get why wife would start the single most important conversation of their marriage by throwing a lie right in hubbie's face: I took a sick day [when in fact she'd quit]. And there's no reason for it!! She doesn't know what he knows so then she tells him "the truth" [confessing the affair and] that she loves him only. 'So, ok what I'm telling you now is the real truth but a few minutes ago was a lie.' Then her confession [like most others in this category] is full of veiled insults to hubbie: she says she has no "real" feelings for Bill, don't "you think" I prefer him, and 'I doubt there was any "real" difference in the size of his cock and yours.' Wouldn't any guy get upset by this stuff? "Bitch, your marriage depends on what you say so better consider, your answer better be good!!" What feeling does SHE actually have? What does SHE think? What was the difference to HER physically? She tap dances and spins thru the conversation, shedding tears like the phoney she is. Sounds like political spin or congressional nonanswer testimony. Just about any 'feeling' she 'thinks' she had 'physical or otherwise' would be a deal killer for most guys. But then Wimppy Jack anguishes over losing her, accepts everything as better than before after some sloppy seconds sex and a little dunking for his wife and Bill. YUCK!! I know, its only a story.

zed0zed0almost 16 years ago
Disgusting.. . .

. .wimp story. The fact it was well written just makes it that much more disturbing.

waratahwaratahalmost 16 years ago
No way would I take her back

Premium beer?

For her lover!

And not for her husband!! WTF??

APeacefulPlaceTxAPeacefulPlaceTxalmost 16 years ago
Shame on Anonymous

I'm pretty sure HDK has thick skin, or he wouldn't be posting here and allowing comments. I tend to agree that this story isn't one of his best. I suppose it is possible that at the moment of discovery a man might hear his wife say she still loves her husband, but then one might win the lottery on the day you are hit by a semi.

<p>

Hmmm, no, I think getting hit by a truck is more likely. I also thought the reconciliation was way too quick. However the story isn't really over. It is more than possible for a man to have his thinking jumbled at a time like that. Twenty-five years doesn't evaporate in a day or two. Besides there's a biological need to claim your mate. The question becomes what then. What happens over the next few weeks?

<p>

Her flip remark about clothes would be a slap of reality to me. It doesn't sound like she "gets it" yet. Of course, it has only been a few days for her too. She still has a lot of mental adjusting to do.

<p>

I could go on, but what is the point. At HDK's worst he is still one of the top ten writers on the site. No one does humor better and while the "lovers" dialog is stilted, the rest of the story crackles.

<p>

I can see perhaps giving this story a 75 but a 0? Is this really as bad as some of the stories you really hate? Say the cuckold story that is so poorly written you wonder if the "writer" dropped out before high school English?

Blue88Blue88almost 16 years ago
Well Done

I enjoy reading all of HDK's stories - long or short. A tip of the hat and a sincere thanks for the work you put into entertaining us. A fan always.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioalmost 16 years ago
Pretty well written, pretty wimpy husband . . .

The writing and style were good as usual. But the story does have holes as other readers have pointed out. Usually HDK stories are more tightly written; the satire and wit are just not up to the HDK standard, in my opinion. It is unlikely a betrayed husband would shift his money, make life-changing decisions regarding his job, go out to the cabin for seclusion and get drunk, but then forgive his wife after some hot sex. I don't think even a sex-starved hyper-sexual XYY male would behave that way, unless he was retarded or something. I also agree that Olivia got off virtually unscathed. It's only a story but we readers do like a modicum of credibility in stories so we may relate better to the characters, or at least understand them to a reasonable degree.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Motherfucker Yankee

insted of writing u can fuck ur mother's wrinckle ass-hole, u fag. though i have doubt u have a dick. in that case pray to Osama Bin Laden, he'll fuck boyh ur mom & wife in their ass-hole, like he fucked da yankees on 11th sep. hehehe

fregenfregenalmost 16 years ago
Sorry, didn't do it for me

Maybe he does love her too much. She says she has his unconditional love and even if she cheats he will forgive her. So she has a "Get out of Jail Free" card? She certainly intends to use it. And she values her husband's love so little she has an affair with her boss who she doesn't care for. Is that suppose to make Jack feel better?<P>

Isn't it funny how spouses that get caught were "going to end it that day."<P>

He isn't that old. He should try the widow on. Maybe she is submissive too. That seems to be a major reason for hanging on to this marriage.<P>

Sorry but thanks for sharing.

SleeplessinMDSleeplessinMDalmost 16 years ago
Right on Risq_001!

When I remember your previous stories I am sadden by this story. Olivia and Jack are poor characters because their nature shift like a wind. First, Jack the man who would not be a wimp becomes one in the end, You describe a man who has worked and lived a life (25 years) doing the right thing. He discovers his wife's betrayal and realizes his job does not make him happy so he starts on a course to get his life together without her. Suddenly, his wife shows up and fuck him (yes fuck him, I will explain below) so he changes his mind and keep her. For a little pussy (which had been Bill's a few days ago) he believes that he is in ocntrol. He believes that his wife is now his sex toy. What a crock!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Olivia who you describe as this dominant woman becomes a submissive sexpot who is willing to do anything for her husband. Given how she was caught she had to know that Jack was the one who set off the alarm and unplugged the phones in the cabin. She had found Jack's note which told her that he had came back early from his business trip. She knew that her marriage could end unless she handled Jack carefully. So she goes out to the cabin pretending that everything was normal to goad Jack into action. She "confesses" her affair and plays on Jack's vanity. Just a little sex and all is forgiven. Yeah right!

SleeplessinMD

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
the master is back

HDK,

As always a fabulusque story--that's Latin for fucking wonderful--keep wiriting guy. You're the man!

Matt

fudgeswirlfudgeswirlalmost 16 years ago
Very Different

I enjoyed this one very much. It isn't the usual 'cheating spouse' story! While I don't know if I would react this way (probably not) it made a refreshing change of pace. Too many of this type of story is focused on the cheated spouse's revenge. I look forward to reading more of this story, and I will look at more of your stories (assuming that I haven't read some of them, I read so many that it is sometimes hard to remember which authors I have read before). Thank your for writing such a good story!

ralphcralphcalmost 16 years ago
not quite

dear hdk, are u saying u would consider it to be ok if the silver lining u got was that u found out your wife was a sud even if u found out she is a slut? now if u could just get hubbys refractory time reduced by about 24 hrs he could nail his wife right after her boss for sloppy seconds and the she could keep her job and they would all be happy. ha, bet u didn't consider that. u could add another chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
HDK, Interesting and enjoyable

HDK,

I have always enjoyed your writing. I have particularly enjoyed how you often bring family into the picture and how the family is affected by affairs. I also realize that one has to change up the plot a bit.

WHile I would not call this my favorite, Eleanor Rigby happens to be my very favorite, I liked what you tried. I liked that the affair set the man free...from his reluctance to speak up about his job, from his reluctance to explore sexual avenues he was interested in. I also liked that as usual you bring in the collateral damage caused by affairs to other family members. Olivia's father, and brother will NEVER look at her again in the same way and they will not look at her H the same way.

Given the innate humor that is sprinkled into your writing, and the way you set this up as a way for the H to actually throw down the aspects of his life that were holding him down, I enjoyed this story very much. It is not my favorite, but I enjoy watching you changes things up from time to time.

You are very good, and I hope you will continue to write here. It is always a pleasure to read your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Great Story

I enjoy your stories as they always make my day.Do not let the

crazy comments from some people get to you,not every cheating

wife story has to end with her kick to the curb.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
At least, from know...

dad will let him drink imported beer. As her lover... Sorry, but this reconciliation didn't work for me.

ohioohioalmost 16 years ago
another funny, thought-provoking story

As in a number of my favorites by HDK, this one features a husband who is thoughtful as well as decisive--who takes advantage of a horrendous situation to think about his life and make some changes (like "Goofy and my Wife", and "My attitude adjustment", among others). As for the humor and the off-beat plot twists--well, he's the master!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Sorry

I usually enjoy your stories and this one did have some humor, but I thought it was sad how he did just what she told her lover he would do ie take her back and forgive her. Seemed to me the only reason she ended it in the first place was that her Father and Brother caught her not because she felt bad. Heck she even mentioned that after her and Bill's talk that she felt like a slut, but what does she do? She goes upstairs and rides the man. And she can't even seem to recall how many times she did Bill. Feel sorry for the Husband in that his wife becoming his sex sub is enough for him, bet he also takes his job back for just a new office. Sorry if this is harsh, but I didn't like this story after the wife showed up at the cabin.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
This story

Didn't have the same well thought out feel as most of your stories do and I agree that in this case the reconciliation didn't seem to fit. You are among the very few authors that can make a story of an adulterous wife erotic and interesting but this story just wasn't up too the high standard you have set, I have absolutely no problem with reconciliation if there is a basis in the story that makes it realistic but the reconciliation in this story just feels wrong. I do hope to see more submissions from you in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Not up to HDK standard

Sorry, I love most of your stories, but this one was not up to your usual standard. I guess I am just a little tired of husbands whose response to cheating is to go out and get drunk. I expected better from you. You included many cliches in your story beside the drunken husband.You also included the wimp watching wife have sex with her lover and the beautiful blond stranger etc. Sad.

the Ct. Yankee

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
all your stories a good,but some are better

your worst are better than the rest good.so keep writing your kind of stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Utter fantasy

Absolute nonsense; not a shred of realism. Guy deeply in love with his wife witnesses her making love with another man, doesn't stop it, just walks away and gets drunk.

Afterwards he has hot sex with his wife, doesn't tell he knows of her 3 month affair, then when she confesses completely and instantly forgives her.

What planet are you from HDK?

eliocecheteliocechetover 15 years ago
Sad story

Well written. Poor husband

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 15 years ago
Excellent story

An excellent story, well told! Very realistic!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
shitty

shitty, hdk, she would never have confessed if not exposed to her father, brother, and cops. She would never have stopped fucking around, either.

he's a fool.

bruce22bruce22over 15 years ago
Typical Fine HDK Story

full of exciting dialogue and moments. With a tongue in cheek structure which turns serious shit into something else. I can see where people could feel threatened by her husband's attitude!

Thanks HDK. We need some new stories

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
No, No, No, No!

Not up to your normal writing skills. Next thing you'll have her husband holding her lovers cock for her to sit on. NO, NO, NO, NO ... get it!

ChagrinedChagrinedover 15 years ago
Not up to your standards.

But at least you know the difference between "moot" and "mute" ! ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Piss poor!

She is a major slut and fuck aorund. The only thing that stopped her in mid cowboy was her family and the cops walking in, no doubt, no remorse. I really liked the line you had him say: "still in the buff," recounted my loving wife.". This guy had not had a loving wife in a long time, this was a slut he lived with. Trash is trash, you always throw out the trash! And he can sue the owner of the company she works for, for the break up of his marriage as it has several witnesses that dont inlcude him. Fuck her, not on your life, god knows what diseases she now carries. The rich bitch deserves more than passing thought however, she at least has character and style.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Nah

I still think I'd divorce her cheating ass. Hell, the only reason she's telling now is because she was caught and she knows it'd eventually get to the hubby, so can't really give her any points for that. Besides, hot, rich, single woman on the other side of the lake is availible and she isn't a lying whore.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
A Very Good Story

This is a very good short story, very well written and plotted (not too much information and lots of enticing loose ends), and realistic. HDK knows quite a bit about men, women, husbands, wives, lovers, paramours, seducers, cheaters, Nice Guys, Bad Boys, .... He writes from experience, I strongly suspect. I know precisely what the main character is feeling in his situation (been there myself) and understand his reaction. While I might not have reacted in the same way, it is a genuine and believable reaction. Women and wives (even previously faithful and/or prudish wives) do the oddest things and respond in the most unexpected and surprising ways (to us men anyway) when hit upon by would-be seducers and suddenly-take-charge husbands. In that context, the main character's wife is also very believable. This story is a morality tale that husbands and wives could learn from.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
wonderful

my god you found another way to forgive a cheating wife and it is as stupid as your other stories.

zed0zed0about 15 years ago
Jack's a Wimp

No wonder she cheated on him. Women always cheat on wimps, mostly because they're wimps. You get twenty five for being a good writer, but lose 75 for wimp content. Be flattered, normally wimp stories get double goose eggs.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
another bill?

there was janet, and oliva so cheated, not once but months. and janet has more to offer and why risk another bill?

juderboyjuderboyalmost 15 years ago
love sucks

Whoever says love conqueirs all is an idiot. There can be nothing more disrespectful and cruel than cheating. Loving someone so much that you let them get away with it is even worse. Will this woman ever cheat again, I doubt it. That doesn't matter. The marriage is crushed. She will never know how it feels. Even if he cheated in revenge, it's not the same. If he takes her back, if he does nothing about it, he gets what he deserves, everyones pity.

RonRWoodRonRWoodover 14 years ago
Loved it

Loved it. You are a wonderful writer! To the commenter that doesn't think love is everything... A happy life "IS" about love. Its not about hurt male pride, wounded ego, or revenge. Pride and revenge are only condusive to death, war and ruin! You readers that despise husbands and wives that continue to care for each other after making mistakes are probably gang-bangers or in a cell somewhere. It is quite evident that you are not "Christians". You know, that is really funny for me to say, because I am an agnostic... Still, how many of you so-called religious people really understand Christ's teachings? Oh, I'm sorry...this is probably a taboo subject on this venue. Maybe it was PT Barnum that said this, "To Forgive is Divine!" Shit! I must be a wimp husband too! I booted my first wife to the curb for cheating as well...lost everything of course! Had to start over and rise from the ashes... In Phoenix no less!

BallsOfSteelBallsOfSteelover 14 years ago
very sad

A rare loving AND cheating wife story. The silly woman fucked up big time. Now her husband is fucking her brains out as a means to channeling his anger. I can understand why unhappy people cheat, but happily married people??? That's just retarded to the max. How very very very sad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Some readers take these stories

way to seriously. Anon,"what a lack of imagination" has the right attitude about reading stories on this site. If it's has some erotica, fun to read, holds your attention, has a good story line, it's called entertainment. Keep your moral issues to yourself, you're on the wrong site for spouting off discontent. If stories about cheating are not your cup of tea, why read this genre, read romance, less likely to rile you fragile senses. Thanks author for a good read, loved that last line. Made me chuckle. ML

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
janet

janet just seems like such a nice replacement for a cheating wife. a cynic says, she did once, and the lesson may be short lived. in any case, it just feels like the right thing to do.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Good Story

I enjoyed reading this story for the second time. It was an excellent story, well written, and for a short story the characters were well developed. I don't understand with what kind of expectation other people read this genre of story but I consider it entertainment of the kind which gets the juices flowing. I consider you a very good author with excellent command of the written word. Please ignore the jerks who can't recognize this fact, and continue with your wonderful gift. More please!!!!

Orionman17Orionman17almost 14 years ago
2nd time read was better than the 1st! Thank you . . . thank you!

"nuff said.

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 14 years ago
Nice

There is nothing wrong with this story. A loving marriage is a loving marriage no matter the bumps incurred along the way. They were in a rut after all those years and it took an adversity like an affair to bring them back together. Isn't it the same for all of us? Some like to slam the author because he believes in love and marriage when he writes these great stories. Some of you are writers and want more details or character developement. Some want to edit and critisize everything like you do Slirpuff. Some read so hard into the story that they want everything justified or all the holes filled to make it believable in their own minds. We want the story to end the way we think it should sometimes and get bothered when it doesn't. The reality is...this is just a great little story in the Loving wives section. I am personally beginning to realize that after having done all the above myself. Just an opinion... I apologize to all the authors I have critisized in the past if I did...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Another man

Too weak to think for himself, letting his dick do the thinking for him.

BTW I consider the author to be a good writer, one of the best on this site.

However, that does not excuse bad spelling.

undo - undue

dominate - dominant

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
johngalt2300@yahoo.com

I thought it was a pretty good story, I like the way the husband handled exposing his wife and her lover to ridicule although I believe he should have gone farther since the adulterous pair worked at the same facility and even if hubby wasn't sure how far to take his revenge on his wife at least he could have gotten her lover fired and ruined his marriage in the bargain. Only fair.... I like happy endings but wifey got off entirely too easy. It was good she had to be roughly harangued by her own brother and father but I got the impression daddy was expecting his son-in-law to take daughter dearest down pretty hard. Instead she got some fantastic sex and didn't impress me as being even the slightest bit remorseful. Since discovering a penchant for submissiveness in the wife, the husband might have done himself a favor by taking the adulterous bitch into the bedroom, tying her down and whipping her ass raw. At least some punishment was warranted but none delivered. So she quit her job...big fucking deal. Its a step in the right direction but still...not enough ...nope...not enough..

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
Pleasant Surprise

You avoided the usual hatered and "wimpiness" (is that actually a word?) associated with these scenarios brilliantly

oldwayneoldwayneover 13 years ago
I find myself agreeing with jack_straw.

Not in my world!

I didn't rate this one. I have too much respect for you as a writer to give it a bad rating, but my conscience would not let me give it a good one. Sorry!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
only thing he likes more than beer is...

creampies, and he'll be getting plenty of those from Olivia

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 13 years ago
Not your stronbest work -

It was interesting the end - as far as it went - was fun

But I was disappointed she never quite got the comeupance she needed and never quite got to understanding just how lucky she was -

She needed to know he caught her and he had made the choices he made with the full knowledge of what she had done - he took on too much responsibility for her poor judgment.

The little step for him to say he had set off the alarm would have been enough -

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Every once in a while

the wimpy cuckold within comes to the surface. I gave you a 1, only because there is no way to give less.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Bad, Very bad

Far far from your best work.

Characters were just not believable

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Beyond brainless!!!

This story makes "wimpery" look like heroism. Are you sure your name is not softdaysqueenie? I mean a knight has to have balls.

OldHidekiOldHidekiabout 13 years ago
There were some loose ends.

Does he go back to his job? Does he actually have a revenge fuck with Janet? Will he ever tell Olivia that he was the one to set off the alarm? I think Olivia got off much too easily. I felt that this had the earmarks of a good runner story, but it seemed to turn into a drunken stupor story.

bartolobartoloabout 13 years ago
Enjoyable reading

This is a well thought out and clearly written story. Olivia surely changed overnight and it seems that her marriage will stay as is with something new added for Jack. Thank you for your story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
???

Are you a woman by chance?

LittleJohn35LittleJohn35over 12 years ago
Good Work

Your stories are great. Keep up the good work. I always look forward to new stories from you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
7116 Followers
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...