All Comments on 'Water Music'

by Tzara

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
champagne1982champagne1982almost 16 years ago
~

This is a wonderful mood piece which you capture with the vignette of a poet writing in the night just before bed. I love the way you describe the typing sounds. Right after; you chip into the heart of what poetry is all about for most who write it... emotion. And you allow that to colour your words. Thanks so much for your poem.

This poem mentioned in the New Poems Review thread on Literotica's Poetry Feedback and Discussion forum.

AngelineAngelinealmost 16 years ago
This is beautiful!

I love music-focused poetry and this does (as Champ commented) have a sort of classical feel, not the clean sound of Mozart to me, maybe something fuller, more romantic like Beethoven or Tychovski. I really like the way you tied in the water theme--from the glass to the river and of course the sea image at the end (a great end line!) which corresponds to surf early in the poem. so I have to ask: how conscious are you of doing that when you write? I often find, after I've written, that I tie threads of theme together intuitively when I write so the notion interests me. Glad I read this one T-man; it's lovely.

LeBrozLeBrozalmost 16 years ago
██

Exquisite interplay of imagery — part music in its tones, part typing of its poetry, and part fluid in its oceanic depths.

unpredictablebijouunpredictablebijoualmost 16 years ago
Well, of course,

they're always good. But this one is heartwrenchingly so. Just stunning.

Bill DadaBill Dadaover 14 years ago
^

This is music you've written and it is a poem. Is that done with mirrors? No, but with exquisite command of language.

twelveoonetwelveooneover 13 years ago
Because, of course, of course, the sea.

patter of the fugue, interesting combination

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous