All Comments on 'How I Got My Chest Waxed'

by SoCalOvid

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Good gracious!

You had me laughing out loud (how to abbreviate that: LOL-ing?) the whole time! Personally, I don't like overly hairy men. By overly, meaning, I like chest hair as long as it's not overgrown, but hair on the back is a no-no. Think Matthew Fox of Lost fame (from ABC). For me, he had a 'sexy, hairy chest', but recently he had it waxed (for a scene in the show, I think). I'm a hetero, Asian woman, and generally, Asian men are not hairy, so I guess I grew up with those preferences (or prejudice?!). My dad and other menfolk did NOT have chest hair, and had sparse facial & body hair. So reading this piece was a hoot. My subtitle for this piece would be: The Trials and Tribulations of Hairy Caucasian Men. Nice one, author! It truly deserves the E!

compo_rationscompo_rationsalmost 16 years ago
Forget your back

I had my back waxed once, the ripping out of the hairs was OK for I accepted the pain, it was the itchiness later that got me. My then partner compared me to Baloo the bear in Jungle Book when it came to finding suitable scratching posts, so be warned.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
What Next? A Long Story About Cutting Fingernails?

This is a total waste of time and effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Hilarious

This has to be the funniest story I've ever read, I can almost imagine the shrieks as the cloths were ripped from the chest and back. BRAVO!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
MUST REMEMBER TO BREATHE!!

oh that was hilarious.. i'm reading this and thinking about the 40 yr old version and just remembering him being told he looked like a man-o-lantern. that just killed me because as you said.. men have no idea what we put ourselves through just to keep you interested.

2Xwidderwoman2Xwidderwomanalmost 16 years ago
Hey, warn us next time

Laughed so hard I wished I'd gone to be bathroom first, but I couldn't stop reading long enough to get there. Poor baby, such pain for the little woman and here we do it all the time for "you guys". Next time you read a story about a smooth pussy, think about it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Brilliant !

Loved it, and almost had another heart attack laughing while I was reading it. Well done.Ignore the comment by someone with no sense of humour, this was hilarious.

BazzzBazzzalmost 16 years ago
Well Done!

From one Silverback to another all I can say is well written and I know what you went through.

michchick98michchick98almost 16 years ago
One brave soul...

The one and only experience I had with getting anything wax was my eyebrows when I was about 18. My mom insisted that I get it done. I didn't want to argue with her so I agreed to go along, she'd made an appointment for herself as well. Anyway, to make a long story short, a piece of the wax got stuck in my eyebrow and the girl picked at it until an edge lifted, then yanked, leaving a bald spot right in the middle of my right eyebrow. NEVER AGAIN! Thankfully I've worn glasses since I was 5 so the frame hid most of it until that part grew back. I give a lot of credit to anyone...male or female...brave enough to get anything waxed. Not my cup of tea. Good story. Good luck in the contest.

NoiraNoiraalmost 16 years ago
Oh, but YES...

LAUGHING...

CAN'T BREATHE...

Ahhh. It was nice to see this. Very nice. See, I write satire myself but I haven't had the guts to post it for fear of negative responses to the idea of... well... making fun of 'serious things', so to say. I love realism, and even moreso, I often love a good, exaggerated British humor story. It takes a look at life in a less serious way. So much better than reading a stupid story trying to take itself SERIOUSLY.

This made me laugh. It was good.

It also reminds me never to get anything waxed.

Ever.

o___O

Very amusing story!

William smythWilliam smythover 15 years ago
A Welcome Change

Real humor! A welcome change from the usual offering.Don't anyone complain about the lack of sex just enjoy!!

taxpapabobtaxpapabobover 15 years ago
Ah, What We Suffer for Our Women!

Very funny and yet realistic! I like it. Both the concept and the writing are spot on -- but it could well have been edgier (and thus more drawn out). Good work!

PassKeyPassKeyabout 13 years ago
So funny!

It left me wondering if you actually didn't do it. <P>

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Why would you wax flab?

And he didn't even get a reward for doing it. Dumb and dumber.

Polly_DollyPolly_Dollyabout 1 year ago

Delightful use of self deprecation in this story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous