All Comments on 'How to Read Stories on Literotica'

by DrKG

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
sirdave64sirdave64almost 16 years ago
This should be the title page of Literotica

Dr KG

Thank you! You summed up my feelings on this site and the way some readers seem to read stuff that they hate. As such this "story" should form part of the terms and conditions of use for Literotica.

BTW I like the sound of your library! Keep on reading!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Well written, but

Not entirely true. The categories on Literotica aren't always definitive as authors post stories containing gay/lesbian relationships in other categories, as well as humiliation and rape in the wrong category. The Loving Wives category seems to be a catch all category as does the Interracial category as you are just as likely to read a rape story in either category as you are in the Non consent/Reluctance category and I think humiliation/cuckold stories would be better suited in a category too themselves.

fudgeswirlfudgeswirlalmost 16 years ago
Amen, however

I agree with you 100% and Literotica does a pretty good job of providing categories. Even though an author may sometimes get a story in the wrong category there are also times when a story may not fit one of the provided categories or, more likely, it will fit in two or more categories equally. I have also run into a couple of stories that didn't live up to their billing. They were in the correct category, but were much more intense than they were advertised to be; however, that didn't mean that I left a rude comment, after all the synopsis was accurate as far as it went and it wasn't the author's fault that I didn't like it, though I would have preferred more warning so I could have saved myself a lot of time. I do leave some comments about grammar (mostly by personal messages, not public comment) but I don't say anything nasty when I'm doing that, I want my comment to be read, not deleted.

Congratulations on your pending wedding! I hope you have many years of joy and contentment!

Wilson SpaldingWilson Spaldingalmost 16 years ago
Great Thought...

In principle, you're absolutely right about using categories to avoid being upset by content that one might find disturbing. The unfortunate truth, however, is that not everybody reads erotica with the same angle. A lot of the negative comments actually come from people that have an axe to grind. Usually, those malcontents have a weakness for the target genre, and they might browse the story, but in the end they'll take away something very different from other readers: they'll go away with the slightly orgasmic feeling of placing themselves on the higher moral ground (thus negating the guilt they had reading the story in the first place). It's not a great thing for the rest of us writers, but it's a freedom of the reader to enjoy how they want, no matter how annoyed we get by that. It's kinda like being downwind of smokers when you don't smoke...

KitschshamanKitschshamanover 12 years ago
Great

Well said. A little like the concept of 'if you don't like the peaches, don't shake the tree' applied to erotica. And, I must say, quite refreshing to read up-front enthusiasm for eros. Most folks like it (except the terminally uptight and I wonder about them too) but never want to admit it. 'Oh that's awful ... tell me more.' syndrome. Even my collection is hidden (sort of) on my computer, so I'm guilty of that too. The only openly sexual book on my shelf is the Kama Sutra. Enough of my blather, I just wanted to say thanks and well done.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous