All Comments on 'And The Winner Is...'

by rpsuch

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
JADED_ONE1969JADED_ONE1969almost 16 years ago
Nice story!

Fun read and an example of how badly a day can go!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Inspiration for Mr Kings's next book?

Thank you for a very funny piece. It had me laughing out loud!

Keep writing, please.

Cheers,

AngeloM

capecodmercurycapecodmercuryalmost 16 years ago
Oh Mah God!

This story was hilarious. Pure satire. You must have hit most of the principles of bad writing in here somewhere. The funniest part is that I could swear that I saw this story somewhere else on the site written seriously. Thanks for the laughs. CCM

AnnOnymousFantasiaAnnOnymousFantasiaalmost 16 years ago
Wonderific!

I loved it! Of course, I thought Mr. King lived in Maine, so he might not even get this story. And even if he did, he would probably be afraid to return comment in case Mary decided to seek revenge if she ever managed to get out of prison.

AnnOnymousFantasiaAnnOnymousFantasiaalmost 16 years ago
Wonderific!

I loved it! Of course, I thought Mr. King lived in Maine, so he might not even get this story. And even if he did, he would probably be afraid to return comment in case Mary decided to seek revenge if she ever managed to get out of prison.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Great

I can't understand what happened. It seemed like a match made in heaven.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Good Stuff!

I enjoy your stories. I hope that you keep writing!

Alpha2BravoAlpha2Bravoalmost 14 years ago
I COMMEND YOU!

I commend you for putting your mind to work in the situation your in at something you ARE GOOD AT! Never give up, keep that pen or pencil in your hand, keep your mind always creating and GOD WILL SHOW YOU THE WAY!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Funny, Funny

RP, I know your gone now, but maybe your wife reads your stories on Literotica. You were one of the very best writers, and I always loved your stories, even though at that time, I never added comments.

I am writing this as though you are still with us, and through your stories you are. You wrote to me after I submitted a story, my first and last, and you were polite, and encouraged me. We all miss your humor and writing ability. I absolutely fell over laughing at the last couple of lines in this story.

rpsuchrpsuchover 13 years agoAuthor
the reports of my death

I'll have to go with Mark Twain on this: The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

I'll also fess up to my research. It seems the original quote was: The report of my death was exaggerated. Twain, however, was a writer and constantly editing to improve even his quips. That resulted in the quote above which, I think, shows how effective even small edits can be.

Seriously, though, I hadn't heard I died. Is there any attribution to this report?

GimletEdgeGimletEdgeover 13 years ago
It all seemed so strangely familiar...

But your impeccable punctuation gave it away. When you're good, it isn't easy to be astonishingly bad.

You covered many of my favorite bugaboos: the floating POV, the mindless repetition of words, the endless details about the least important things while the critical aspects of the story remain forever in doubt...

A very juicy satire.

AmandaSilverAmandaSilverover 13 years ago
Oh. My. God!

I almost fell out of my chair laughing so hard. I actually didn't think this story was that bad, but then I taught 6th grade writing. Great job!

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
BANG BANG MY BABY SHOT ME DOWN

they dont pick winners by default. Ask John RIP, TK U MLJ LV NV

Glenda_FiddichGlenda_Fiddichover 12 years ago
super!

More please. 5 stars.

fanfarefanfareabout 11 years ago
despise devised demise

I am sorry to here that u'd menaged to survive uor demise too pubic acklaim.

Better luck next thyme.

anonymouse fanfare

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 9 years ago
Nice

Funny tale. I'll bet she has a lot of fun in prison.

NthusiasticallyNthusiasticallyover 8 years ago
LOL

I quit editing because of authors like Mary Brown.

ju8streadingju8streadingover 7 years ago

i got a kick out of this

thank you

pumpop201pumpop201almost 7 years ago
LMFAO

Very funny. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Written with tongue

firmly planted in cheek, no doubt. However, that doesn't lessen the utter boredom it generates. This CAN'T be the same person who wrote Revenge of the Nerd. One barely justifiable star.

Tiger27Tiger27over 4 years ago

I gave this 5 stars, mainly because that stupid anony "written with tongue" gave it only a sanctimonious 1 star.

Good write though. Looking forward to more from this author.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110about 4 years ago
I loved it

It starts out as a sappy love story. Then two totally introverted nerdy individuals go completely out of character. He screws his secretary and she blows him away. Just goes to show that anyone will do anything if the circumstances are there. A 5 Star Rating.

MajorRewriteMajorRewriteover 2 years ago

It was grate. I don’t know how you loose the contest.

26thNC26thNCabout 2 months ago

Too funny. Loved it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous