All Comments on 'First Time Ever I Saw Your Face'

by _Lynn_

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
DesertPirateDesertPiratealmost 16 years ago
Outstanding

This is a great story. Well drawn characters including the busybody librarian and the wise grandpa for spice. I like the trust that sprang up from catching her and became so important in the end. Well done Lynn!

DG HearDG Hearalmost 16 years ago
Hi There Miss Lynn

I glad to see a new story by you. I was wondering if we would get more since you now have e-books for sale. Are we going to get a second chapter. This sure seems like a buildup for more. I for one would like to see it.

Kudos to a friend and fellow (is that right to say?) writer.

DG Hear

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Good

It was a good read but did a lot of jumping. One minute they are walking into the bedroom and the next, she is sucking on his cock. I had to re-read a few paragraphs to make sure that I didn't miss anything. But other than that, the chemistry between the 2 characters is wonderful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Wonderful song

"The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" is a 1957 folk song written by Ewan MacColl for his wife Peggy Seeger. It was popularized by Roberta Flack and became a breakout hit for the singer after it appeared in the film Play Misty for Me. Though the song first appeared on Flack's 1969 album First Take, it topped the Billboard Hot 100 and won the Grammy Award for Song of the Year three years later.

MacColl wrote the song for Seeger, a folk singer, after she asked him to pen a song for a play she was in. The alternative version of the creation of this song is that MacColl, a political singer/songwriter was challenged by a friend to write a love song. This song was the result. The song, as performed by Seeger, featured a faster tempo than the Flack version and clocked in at two and a half minutes long.

The song was covered by many singers, Johny Cash amoung them.

I was lucky enough to hear Roberta sing this many times in a small dinner club on Capital Hill in DC she sang at before she became popular.

_Lynn__Lynn_almost 16 years agoAuthor
Just to clarify...

I am aware that Cash didn't write this piece and wasn't the original singer. However, it is a song he performed and is on an album of his.

RoadbugRoadbugalmost 16 years ago
More More More

Very well done. I liked the story line alot and the writing was good too. Hope I get that good, but it will probably take a few years.

Iamcanadian28Iamcanadian28almost 16 years ago
Romantic fiction at it's best

Glad to see your back doing what you do best, creative immersive romantic scenes. Your talent for writing believable characters and dialog are second to none. Congrats on another stellar entry.

Alvaron53Alvaron53almost 16 years ago
Enjoyable story

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
great read

As usual an awesome story from my favorite Lit author.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Nicely done, Lynn!

Enjoyable read, good characterization. Thanks for participating in my little invitational.

Best regards, Jack

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Great story!

Thank you for sharing it.

PAPATOADPAPATOADalmost 16 years ago
Enjoyed it.

Pleasant way to start the day. Thanks for a nice story.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
lovely story

lovely song.

Yes, Johnny Cash did an interpretation, and it is the version you were tasked to use as inspiration for this challenge, but imho it was not the quintessential best. One of my favourite early versions was by Johnny Mathis, but far and above all others was the slow, sultry, soul felt version by Roberta Flack. If you are curious,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go9aks4aujM enjoy.

This is what was playing in my mind while reading this brilliant story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
user_Lynn_@_Lynn_
275 Followers
Author of stories that touch the reader with emotion and a hint of reality.