All Comments on 'Compulsion in Psycho'

by DeniseNoe

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Add Hitchcock's "Rope" (1948) to your list--

Interesting essay, DeniseNoe!

Remember that "Rope" (also with Farley Granger in the cast, like "Strangers On a Train" (1950)) is taken as an idea almost directly from the Leopold/Loeb case, with James Stewart as the horrified "voice of reason" figure.

So, the question remains: Who's cribbing from who?

But there is no question regarding Hitchcock's (claustrophobic) genius!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
A Whiff of plagerism

One gets a feeling that a lot of your essays are not really original, more like rehashings of someone else's work who you've read. Just restate a bit, and voila! A new essay for LE. LOL!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Why now?

With all respect, Psycho was released 48 years ago. How is this essay possibly relevant NOW?

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Ridiculous

You're an idiot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
I guess you needed a paper for community collge

This comparison was done 45 years ago. It did not hold up then and it sure as hell does not hold up now. All you did was re-write what was dismissed as horseshit years and years ago. The next time you want to attempt something like this, do us all a favor and tell us something that is not complete palaver and something that is a result of your own thinking and research. This may not even get an A at a Community College.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous