All Comments on 'Why Are Black Women So Rude?'

by Samuelx

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Okay, what a piece...

So, this is my first time reading anything by you and I have to say that the piece is named wrongly. Maybe you should have titled it, "Why are Black People So Rude?" Now about that answer--there are several. A lot of inner city black people are rude because they don't know any better. They are uneducated and many times, poor. Sadly, that is partially due to the fact that slavery existed in America and blacks have yet to figure out how to work together to pull themselves up from that slump. When they figure out that their success is based on the success of their race, it is my hope that they will send forth another generation who values education over sports and music among other things. Your piece is insightful and if it hadn't been so vehemently against black women, I would have given it 100. What you should know is that black professional women, who are coming up now, have much more class than the inner city black women. Of course, you will no doubt find them in a suburb, away from the likes of those classless women, because they do not wish to be associated with that stigma. It is sad really, that to be successful blacks have to disassociate themselves from the black race. If and when the race achieves unanimous success, when blacks begin to own their own establishments in droves, when blacks achieve the pinicles of their successes, when blacks begin to teach their children their history, that it is something to be proud of, not angry or ashamed, when these things come to pass, I hope that I am alive to see it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Isn't it strange

...that, judging by your stories here, you and I don't share any similarities in sexual tastes whatsoever, but completely agree on something like this?

All of what you've just written needed to be said. And probably needs to be said again, and again, until everyone listens. It may take a while.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
No, why are you so rude?

I'm trying to figure out exactly how this article has anything to do with the rudeness of black women. All I can see is one self absorbed black man showing us, the American public, what is so blatantly wrong with the state of Americans today. The problem is that a person with a college education can think that somehow makes them better than a certain group of people(assuming that the people you are so quick to judge don't have a degree themselves). The problem is that a relatively intelligent and articulate individual can look at a group of people and still say in his conscious or subconscious mind, that the actions of those few constitute the representation of many, and all of that can be limited to something as superficial as the amount of melanin in one's skin. It is people like you, utterly classless, that make it possible for an entire race of women to be deemed as crude and unworthy of respect because of the actions of others, whether that be a few, or many. All black women are not rude, just like all black women are not regal, or dark, or light skinned, or impoverished, uneducated, and swayed by mass media. Individual merit has to count for something, and it has to start with not allowing ourselves to be so lazy that we are blinded by our own prejudices. It's so easy to look at undesirable behavior and turn up our nose at it, to distance ourselves from it with our achievements. But how, I ask you, is that in any way beneficial? There is nothing classy about touting the fact that you're from Haiti, as if that somehow differentiates you from the average black American, and therefore makes you and your values better. There is nothing classy about touting the fact that you are a bisexual man with books published and volunteer work under your belt, as if showing yourself to be "avant-garde" is enough to blind me to the fact that your opinion is utterly racist (you fight for issues that apply to you. Does that really make you the authority on black women? And I have to wonder exactly what kind of books you've published. This piece was so focused on you, that you barely had time to circle the perimeter of what the title suggests). And you had the nerve to talk about others putting their business out there in a classless way? As a black woman, I'm horribly insulted, and not because I identify with that kind of behavior. No, it's because when men and women of other races, other nationalities, and even our own race look at us, they wait to see first and foremost if we are going to be what you so haphazardly labeled us as. It is hurtful and insulting to have a black man that supposedly works so hard for the rights of men, abused individuals, and our gay brothers and sisters, to so crassly degrade an entire race of women. Are you saying we are all like what you described? No, of course not. Are there women that act the way you described in groups. Yup. But your assertion is the very reason why people think it's okay to look down on ALL of us, to say "oh, she speaks so well!" as if that were somehow strange, to assume we only listen to rap, will fuck anyone that promises us jewelry, and will talk as loud as we please to garner attention. Even women such as those deserve the right to be seen as more than the sum of the color of their skin. Let them be rude AND black. But don't dare think it's okay, or worthy of the legacy that black women have left in this country with their blood, sweat, tears, heartaches and joys, to group me and all my sisters under the header "rude" and then be presumptuous enough to think you can school anyone on how to fix it. We, as black women and separate sentient beings in the human race, have fought too hard and too long to be seen as more than just a negative connotation. That's why this essay is so unacceptable. You have a lot of learning and soul searching to do if you think this was somehow informative and helpful in any way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Great stuff

To the last commentator: truth hurts doesn't it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Great stuff

To the last commentator: truth hurts doesn't it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
You are kidding right?

This piece might have carried more weight if you weren't the author. You hate black women, you haven't let yourself admit it yet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Sorry

Inner city blacks are rude. I laugh my ass off when I see Mr. Rapper getting verbally beat up by some 300 pound moma. It used to be the black women were the core of the family group, now they are bigger whores than the men.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
I don't agree with your analysis but appreciate

that you've taken the time to explore and share an issue which you feel strongly about.

You begin this paper by wishing for the demise of Brockton, Massachusetts because of the ‘meanest guys’ and the ‘cruellest of women’. I hope this is a bit of 'tongue in cheek frustration!' You then progress to speak of classless people (men and women). I’m not sure from the structure of your thoughts presented why you arrive at a specific conclusion that black women are the ‘rudest’.

As with many things definitions of what class is can come from many perspectives. That is the case even within as well as between racial, cultural groups as well as within and between nations. The danger of not defining some of the attributes that can denote class leaves this piece open to criticism of class taking on a meaning here as being about t people who think and act like you.

The anecdotal story of your experience of racial profiling from within as store doesn't say how you challenged this practice. You not going back to the store is most likely seen as a positive thing for those who put such obvious racist practices in place. If you had highlighted what action you took to challenge make untenable such practice I could have seen the point of this following on from the paragraph about your ‘community activist’ credentials and preceding the paragraph on how you understand how ‘they’, black women and men have gotten used to such practices and how ‘they’ feel about it. It feels as though you are separating yourself from black people as a groupwhen it suits you. The leap from your condemnation of racial profiling to conclusion about black men and women being the loudest, meanest, rudest and most unruly people anywhere lacks detail in terms of your reasoning to substantiate your assertion. It almost feels in structure like some random juxtapositions of what you were feeling frustrated / angry about in disaggregated areas of life in general.

You criticise racial profiling and then go on to highlight that this is a something many black men and women experience. Moving you lament the loss of manners, this is a conversation I’ve heard across many genders, communities in different countries so no it’s not just black communities who wish of bygone days of respect / manners. Your writing here points to the affects not the causes the following questions may have been useful to explore feelings and perceptions about manners in our contemporary settings – ‘Have manners gone out of style? If yes is this just in America? If so why? Importantly what evidence is there to substantiate such conclusions.

By outlining the existence of rudeness in a number of other racial groups but then honing in on black men and women as the worst I wonder if your feeling that black men and women ‘glorify rudeness’ is because you yourself are black and you feel close to this group in particular? This still doesn’t tell me why you specifically target black women as the rudest.

It is good to hear that you are proud of your Haitian heritage. I am however wary of anyone who shows such national pride and then falls into the trap of presenting a practically homogeneous picture of their home nation rather than aspects of the complex diverse reality. I think you’ve missed an opportunity in identifying your own ‘perspective’ and approach to equality as being informed by if not based on the impact of the Haitian revolution 200 years ago.

An underlying tension in the criticism in this section of text, which highlights women’s suffrage in Haiti as a long standing tradition, is that the criticism you level at black women. I'm not sure if the point you are highlighting hee isn't about the difference between the underlying premise and impacts of the US and Haitian constitutions respectively. You could have explored, from a an experiential base, what were the effects of a Haitian constitution which emphasised equal wages for equal work for women decades before the European or US feminist movements.

Instead of exploring such links areas of thoughts you then go on to use negative terms such as ‘distant and decidedly inferior cousins the African – Americans’ this brings your arguments down to a level of mud slinging that doesn’t offer any clear argument about your view to the table.

Within your concluding paragraphs you seem to offer over simplistic ‘answers’ to African Americans. You do a disservice to many sisters and brothers who have been at the vanguard of promoting education, advancement and pride in positive African American achievements throughout history and in our current time.

Where you lists of dos and don’ts falls short is in the lack of any exploration of what conditions need to be created and fostered to improve the lot of people of all classes and social circumstances and settings. I don’t disagree with you conclusions that there are haters or negative influences in different roles within families and communities but I think you go too far in almost missing the fact that there are also positive and encouraging influences in such places.

My last point is that you spend little time exploring the social political context within which the rude behaviour you abhor takes place. Please accept my thoughts in the spirit of constructive feedback dialogue in which I offer them. I encourage you to continue taking time to use the USA's important principle of free speach to share your thoughts and ideas even if I don't agree with them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Why is Hatian Man a Racist

That should have been the title of this long joke.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Saddened

I cannot believe the drivel that I have to suffer from you on almost a daily basis but this is beyond the pale. I understand that you seek to explore why as a race we are so divided sometimes but to have a black man who is supposed to have shared in our suffering, our humiliation, our grief during slavery and even today turn around and label us as rude and uneducated is not only insulting but downright ignorant. So what, you're from Haiti, do you think the racist white man who reads this is somehow going to congratulate you, see you as his equal? I don’t think so. As for your believing that the law protects women more than men, that is absolute rubbish. Nowhere in the so called wonderful constitution is there anywhere which calls against men being paid more than women or any other form of inequality. As a black woman you have to work twice as hard as any other person to be deemed even half as good. For you to sit down and write this offensive piece of writing is beyond me. As a black race we have been divided enough already without you sitting on your high horse thinking somehow you're better than the average black person. And as for black women hating black men, that is the biggest lie I've heard in my life! They are the ones who prop up the community when the black man decides that raising his family is not what he wants to do and they don’t do it with resentment. Coming from a single parent family, I still love the black man whether he be tall short, uneducated or not. Just because one couldn’t step up to the plate does not mean that I believe that there are other that cannot. My mother still managed to give me manners and I still managed to get into a world class university and all this from a mother who never had the same opportunities as me. And as for your comment that black people are the rudest people you have met in your life, don’t presume to think that just because you have more than 10 brain cells that suddenly people will respect you. Just because they aren’t calling you nigger to your face, doesn't mean they’re not thinking it. But I do love your fairytale solution of, get an education and all your problems will be solved. What self-delusionary planet are you living on? No matter how hard black people work, we will never be seen as entirely good enough. Just this year a supposed brilliant professor was claiming that no matter how hard black people try the colour of our skin means that we are somehow less intelligent and less able than white people. I for one have known people who have gone to university and left highest in their class. But who cares when the colour of their skin takes precedence over the content of their character. Is this much of incentive for those who do not go to university? No wonder being a rapper or basketball player looks more desirable when you’re trying to work against a policy of “damned if you do, damned if you don’t.” I’m not saying that this is the right attitude to have but getting an education isn’t always so easy when economically you are at the bottom of the ladder. So I don't think it right for you to sit there and think somehow that you're better than those who can’t afford to get a higher education or have seen the wonders of what America has to offer them and have been left jaded and disillusioned. Yes black people have their problems and so have any other race. Quite frankly I'm embarrassed as a black person to have you as part of our race. You're just the type of person who gives fuel to the fire of all those racist people out there who like to see black people fail and falter. But I'm sorry, despite all your published books, your education and your campaign for equal rights, you're just as bad as them. You should be touting yourself as a successful black man who sees the plight of the black man, his faults; who understands his struggles, his weaknesses but despite this is ready to help bring about better change without judgement. Instead you've just slandered a whole race based on the actions of a few. That's like me saying that all Muslim’s are terrorists. I know this is not true and so do not judge them as so. And I am extremely offended by your statement of "we see ourselves as human beings first, rather than to define ourselves by skin color alone, unlike our extremely distant and decidedly inferior cousins the African-Americans." If you are so educated, should you not know that it was in fact a direct result of slavery and the cruel campaign against the stolen Africans, ripped from their homes, robbed of their culture, taken from their children, told repeatedly that they were nothing but chattel. If someone tells you for long enough that you are worthless, ignorant, stupid, inhuman, then after a while you are going to start believing it. Getting over hundreds of years of sub-human treatment and debasement is not going to happen overnight. Remember it was just over 40 years ago that black men had so deal with the threat of lynching and rape against black women wasn’t even considered a crime as was how low the white man thought of us. Don’t presume that because you happened to come from Haiti, a country that allowed black people to grow up in better circumstances that that somehow makes you superior. Perhaps joining with the KKK would make you feel better about being part of such a “rude” and “uneducated” race. For African-Americans, their issue is the colour of their skin because that is how you and society has judged them and continues to. And as for your argument of why it is all about race; you have just totally contradicted yourself. If that was the case, why have you titled this piece in such a way and why have you chosen to attack a whole people based on this. Perhaps your education wasn’t quite as good as you’ve made it to be. Also your fact less accusation that black women step on the heads of black men is highly laughable. The black woman doesn’t need to step on the head of black men to fulfil her ambitions. The black woman is out-performing black men in every area because she knows the hardship she faces but is willing to fight regardless. If black men don’t happen to be able to step up to the mark and match her then that is not her fault. I love the black man but too many times have I heard “the white man is trying to hold me down." Every person of every other race can say the same thing but yet they are getting off their arse and are getting somewhere as are their women; blaming black women for the plight that the black man faces is both unfair and highly ignorant. I’m pretty sure that the black woman isn’t going around telling her black counterpart to fail or somehow be less successful than herself. Being a black woman, you have to work hard to gain the respect that is deserved and yet is very rarely received. Judging by your last few paragraphs I get the feeling that you somehow hate black women or blame them in some way. I’m sorry if this is true, I’m sorry if somewhere along the line a woman hurt you and turned you into this bitter being. But I’m also sorry to tell you that’s life. So what? You got burned, unfortunately it happens. Labelling a race of women who have seen more trauma and heartache than most combined is not going to solve your issues and neither is dismissing a whole race as somehow unworthy. Yes there are black people out there who seek to degrade themselves but they are not a reflection of the spirit, the tenacity and humanity that the black race possesses. The sheer fact that we somehow managed to survive the horror and cruelty of slavery makes us worthy in some way and for you to write this tripe is tantamount to spitting on all the black people past and present who seek to make themselves acceptable in a world where being black is not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Ego and Arrogance run amuck!

It's beyond belief that a so-called "educated, intelligent" male would spout such hate-mongering trash. In just a few paragraphs this male has managed to bash his town, African-American males and females, white women and female professors. YOU ATTRACT WHAT YOU ARE! If rude and class people are what you come in contact with, then you need to take a long and hard look at yourself. If you hear someone (male or female, black or white) on the phone talking about their private issues, don't listen. It doesn't concern you, so why are you even bothering to listen to it. Most people tune it out. If you hate the town you live in so much, then move! As to your problems with black women, you need some serious therapy. Not all black women are same, just like all black men are not same. As to your opinions on the state of African Americans, we really don't need your spouting off about something you clearly don't understand. You need to do some serious heavy reading about the history of blacks in this country. Oppression, abuse, defilement and injustice are the most frequent themes of our story. Now does all of that justify the problems we have in black society today? Maybe not, but sure as hell explains it. It's good that you're so proud of where you come from, but I know for a fact that not all Haitan families are picture perfect recreations of the Waltons. I live in South Florida, and believe we have the largest amount of island immgrants here. Except for New York, and that's a big maybe. There is just a much poverty, crime and lack of education in that community as there is in the African American community here. Last, but certainly not least of the trash you're writing, you think you can give instructions on how black males should conduct themselves to change their lives. The education part is, for the most part, good advise. However your don't trust women, don't trust anyone mantra screams bitterness and anger. I don't think I've ever seen such a victim complex so thoroughly display and layed out as it is in this piece. Whatever your issues are, you should deal with them before you end up a bitter, twisted old man. Or should I say a more bitter and twisted man.

similik101similik101over 15 years ago
I read all of the comments...

...and had to post again!

Why can't you all just accept that this man has his own opinions and for the most part, has offered up the truth on the state of BLACK AMERICA? The truth hurts sometimes but you have to take it in stride, and better yourself! Many inner city blacks ARE RUDE! I'm from a city and I came here from another country as well and I swear to you that Black Americans are some of the loudest, most obnoxious people that I've ever met. It has gotten to the point where I detest heading back "home" to that city because I just dont feel like dealing with the lot of them. I've travelled many times, to the Caribbean, to the UK and other European countries, and I've never encounter the same negative and dastardly attitude that I've experienced from black Americans. Many times, I'm ashamed, not for myself, but for my people. To think that non-blacks, and probably most blacks, think that ALL blacks are this way. As I said before, I cannot wait for that time when blacks begin to help one another and understand that their success is equivalent to the success of their race! I feel like the other problem with BLACK AMERICANS is their inability to listen to critiques! No one is trying to "get you." They are only trying to give you insight on how you appear to the public. So dont take it personal, take it all in stride and try to better your race!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
I Feel Sorry For You...

Your supposed to be so intelligent and well read as a black man,all I have read here is a man who is arrogant,shallow,self-absorbed and a true hater of himself and his own people.If you were so intelligent you would not made the mistake of making a huge generalization about all black men and women.Maybe the ones YOU have met act that way but some of us happen to be intelligent and educated and do not have a myriad of children and do not rude and obnoxious at all.Please change the title of this little piece of fiction you have written to make yourself feel better about the black men and women you have encountered that dislike you for being arrogant and shallow and obviously unhappy with life and yourself.Broaden your horizons and meet new people and please stop being so ignorant.Do us all a favor and stop writting crap like this we're all realizing your defintely not as smart as you think you are,but sadly some us already knew that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Stick to what you know.

Dude! Stick to fuck stories!! It seems to be the only thing you know.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Interesting Observations

Almost all these responses are soooo rude!! Exactly how bullies or thugs would attack someone!! Could it be Author spoke the truth?

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Interesting Observations

Almost all these responses are soooo rude!! Exactly how bullies or thugs would attack someone!! Could it be Author spoke the truth?

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
IM HURT

SOME OF THIS STUFF IS TRUE AND I ADMIT I BASH MY OWN PEOPLE SOME TIMES AND ACCTUALLY READING A BLACK MAN BASHING HIS OWN PEOPLE ACCTUALLY HURTS.!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Defensive

Comments are so defensive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Defensive

Comments are so defensive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Sad confused frustrated little man

I have often wondered what motivates this writer to write the stories that he writes? Now I'm under the assumption that this man has not met or slept with every black woman on earth and that his observations may... coreect me if I am wrong, be a response to his own personality traits. I mean just look at the titles of his stories and you'll get a taste for his attitude towards... yes the very race and gender that brought him forth. Don't confuse a defense mechanism with rudeness. If you take a black woman and a white woman of the same age weight social upbringing and educational background and inform the media that both of them are missing... guess who the media will focus on? When we had two of our female AMERICAN soldiers captured by the enemy who got the media's attention? How many of you think that we'd even be talking about O.J. if his ex-wife was a black woman? If a black child is missing there isn't any media coverage but let that same black child hold up a liquor store and... forget it there is no point to trying to explain to a man who obviously loves living in-between several worlds. Haitian... American... Straight... Gay... Bisexual... of all the groups listed above I'm not sure if any would bid such a self loathing and sorry person welcome. Seek therapy brother.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Narrow opinion....far from the truth

It's clear that SamuelX has some serious issues with black people, especially african-american blacks, so I would suggest taking his critique very lightly (barely a grain of salt). There is some serious self-hatred going-on.

Secondly, I don't have a problem with opinions, I have a problem with generalizations. As a successful, black woman whose life has been the exact opposite of what SamuelX has or claims to have observed, I take offense and issue with his perceptions of black women and men.

As is often the case, people like SamuelX don't look at their own behavior before offering their critique of others....people in glass houses....And I certainly take issue with his characterization of Haiti vs. US blacks. Let's face it, there is a reason scores of Haitians scrap together tires, pieces of wood and whatever else they can find and try to sail to America....it ain't because Haiti is some paradise and life is grand parade of pleasures.

Also, it's amazing the holier than thou attitudes that seem to undercut the skewed perception that black folks are the only race of people with issues. Yes, I admit it, black people have issues that need to be worked through....and so do white folks, latino folks, asian folks, malaysian folks, etc. So please step down from your pedestals, shake the clay off your feet and take a look in the mirror.

Peace and love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
"Put lipstick on a pig"

Now no one rude or ignorant would refer to a lady as a "Pig" now would they. I think YOUR CANDIDATE just seconded this Author's statements and gave us all, all the evidence we need to confirm his opinions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
"Put lipstick on a pig"

Now no one rude or ignorant would refer to a lady as a "Pig" now would they. I think YOUR CANDIDATE just seconded this Author's statements and gave us all, all the evidence we need to confirm his opinions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
kanye west

is beating on reporters rude, or just a cultural thing?

TangledinYouTangledinYouover 15 years ago
*Yawn*

Is Sean Penn, Alec Baldwin, and Johnny Depp beating on reporters a cultural thing? Are all white people racist because their ancestors were once slave holders in this country, and many of their living relatives still abhor any race that has a natural tan? Is everyone from the south backwoods, every one from the west coast a surfer or a porn star? I'm shaking my head right now because anyone with a modicum of common sense and at least, I don't know, a first grade education would say "No, of course not!" But for some reason it's so hard to do the same when you start talking about a group of brown people, like you guys all of sudden got amnesia when it comes to how black people got in this country in the first place, and how many centuries we spent enslaved here. Never mind the fact that once we set free, our ancestors (and I use that term loosely because some of them are still alive, that's how recent open persecution was permitted) were still sharecroppers, still not allowed into the same establishments, still beaten and lynched for speaking out of turn to white people. Stop making generalizations to reinforce your racism and start taking responsibility for your own close-mindedness. The whole point of not forgetting history is so that we don't keep making the same stupid mistakes, i.e. writing off an entire group of people for dumb reasons so that we can make ourselves feel more relevant. If you want to believe black people are rude and less than deserving of your respect than so be it. It's not like we, past or present, ever needed your permission to make ourselves seen, heard, and valued anyway. This country never gave us anything that we didn't earn for ourselves (and for those you about to tout the whole affirmative action/welfare argument, consider welfare, which all races get, our 40 acres and a mule; reparations for separated families, and oh, I don't know, some four hundred odd years of unprosecuted, rape, torture, and murder for starters. And consider affirmative action, paltry as it may be, as more of an excuse to keep us out than in. Once you hit your quota, who needs to look at merit and hard work, right? But then again, blacks were working for free for centuries, so it might be fair to assume that the powers that be might not always be fair when it comes to hiring people). This country never did a thing for us but reinforce our own ability to rise above prejudice, and we'll keep doing that long after the now anonymous racists that agreed with SamuelX realize how pointless and poisonous to themselves their shallow view of the world really is. It's little seeds of contempt like the ones that were exhibited in this essay and it's supporters that allowed generations of men and women to be raped, beaten, enslaved, and degraded for nothing other than the fact that a group of rude people thought that was okay, just so they would have the excuse to justify their laziness and use of black people (not to mention Asians, Native Americans, and so on) for lucrative gains. It gave them an excuse to treat us like shit and sic dogs on us when we told them enough was enough and fought for independence in all avenues of American life. It was viewpoints like this that had people that thought they were better string us up, tar and feather us, force us to walk miles to poor schools while our white counterparts rode the bus to clean, fully funded establishments, and then those same people have the nerve to say that blacks don't value education, as if we were always allowed to get it here and all of us have decent schools to go to now. And STILL we continue to rise above. Say what you will about us, call into question our faults as a people. But you can't deny that as a people, and as individuals, black americans along with all the other persecuted minorities in this country, helped keep America afloat while RUDE white men and women forced them to tend their lands and relinquish their dignity, and black men and women like Sam here, encouraged them. If you're going to assign blame for the demise of moral fiber in this country, then point the finger where it should be, which is at the state of humanity as a whole, at all of us. Point the finger at yourselves. Then maybe in the year 2008, when a black man is for the FIRST time being considered as a candidate for president, we can stop being so utterly infantile about a subject like race. I mean seriously, am I the only one that finds this topic boring and old, and peoples backwards ideas about skin color archaic at best. Views like this are best packed away under the book of embarrassing human beliefs, like leeches curing blood diseases and women on ships being bad luck. Again I say - *yawn*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Shut Up

I think you should discuss these issues with your friends and family. This piece is inappropriate in this forum.

If the house don't sell you ... the street can't buy you!

EnchantedArtistEnchantedArtistover 15 years ago
I've got a question...

Hello Samuelx. After reading your post I couldn't help but wonder why it was titled "Why Are Black Women So Rude". I mean no offense, but wouldn't it have been more appropriate to titled it "Why Is 'The Human' So Rude to Its Fellow Man"? You're entitled to your opinion, and trust me when I say I did agree with a great deal of what you had to say...But I don't think it was fair to single one group out. I am a black female born in America to Jamaican parents. My Jamaican parents taught me how to be humble, appreciative, to strive for a higher education, to be independent, and well-mannered, but my American environment taught me to speak my mind and stand up for what I believe in no matter the price. I wanted to make you aware of a major flaw I found in your posting. A mistake that too many people make. While earning my first degree, Bachelors of Science in Health Sciences, I was taught about the welfare system in the US. Believe me when I say that black women are not the majority of people on welfare. In fact, the majority of welfare recipients are single white mothers. Even when you take into account to demographics of our nation (the percentages of the different races). Meaning, white single mothers aren't the majority of welfare recipients simply because there are more white women in the population in general compare to black women, but because after you take into consideration the ratio of whites to blacks or whatever race, and you set a standard (statistical calculations) so that the data reports a level unbiased playing field, white women are still the majority on welfare. Samuelx, you seem very intelligent, but also very muddled. Not everyone is how you say. I don't think most are actually. It really depends on where you live. I'm an example...I've seen the good, the bad, and the down right ugly in everyone. I've noticed that all that can change with just a change of scenery. We are a product of our environment, no matter your background. One thing is for sure, we, black human beings, as a group need to start loving and helping one another instead of bringing each other down. How about we start with you and me, strictly platonic. I always wanted to learn more about Haitian culture, and food (yummy).

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Makes No Attempt At Stifling the Laughter

I couldn't help reading this, not in an attempt to become educated on why Black women are so rude, but, instead, to see what the infamous Samuelx had to say on the subject. To anyone taking this stuff seriously, I say, "Don't." There is no way to gauge or guess why "Black women are so rude". Some people feel certain types of ways about certain types of things, and a college education DOES NOT validate someone's 'opinion'. And a college education, which I have, does not immediately turn that opinion into fact.

Samuelx, I implore you to start using your powers for good instead of evil. In essence, what you are doing is a type of hate-mongering and for someone who obviously has some semblence of talent when it comes to prose, why don't you stick to that. Your ignorance is contagious and there are too many people in this world who would think what you speak is the truth instead of YOUR truth, and that serves to only continue the cycle of ignorance.

Good luck and much Blessings.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
PC police

Responses seem to want to attack the messenger or make excuses for the behavior, rather than relate to the issue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
PC police

Responses seem to want to attack the messenger or make excuses for the behavior, rather than relate to the issue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Easy

It's because we don't like your ignorant ass. And PS to the lipstick guy...umm, Obama was talking about McCain's economic policy when he made his lipstick comment. Not Palin, ya uninformed dick. Get your head out of your ass and pay attention to what is actually going on and not what is fed to you. Or are you one of those who are still looking for those weapons of mass destruction that GW was talking about so many years ago? Did you find them yet? Oh wait no. They didn't exist in the first place. Good job, asshole.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
get real

If you've seen the video of the lipstick comment, you'd realize that the audience is laughing uproariously almost to the point of rolling in the aisles, and it sure isn't about any economic plans. The audience understood the message being sent. What rude comments on this story, I wonder why!! Kind of proves the author right.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Great ideas, average execution

As the daughter of Indian-Pakistani immigrants living in a predominantly black/hispanic neighborhood, going to school with people from all over the world, I think it's safe to assume I'm fairly acquainted with the general behaviours of different people from different ethnic backgrounds. Just like not every Indian eats curry or worships cows, not every black person is the epitome of rudeness and disrespectful behaviour. My best friend since elementary school (I'm a junior now at UPenn) is black and is one of the most mild mannered people I've ever met, until you rub her the wrong way. Her twin on the other hand is obnoxious, rude, irritating and is just a general *****. I think we all have the capability to be rude, some of us more than other, it's just that for black men and women, they don't feel the need to impress anyone. What you see is what you get, and if you can't deal with it, don't let door hit you on your way out. I understand it but I also understand your call for people to behave like they have common sense, frankly not all fights are worth fighting, not all music is worth listening to, and not everyone should be taken seriously.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
well since you want to talk about people as a whole....

Why are black men so lazy? Why are black men thugs? Why are black men dead beat fathers? Why are black men ignorant? Why are black men rude? Why are black men egotistical when they really have nothing to be proud about? Why are black men haters? Believe me... I can go on forever. You black men always try to make yourselves seem better than black women when you're really not shit. Always wanting a woman to take care of you and be your "ride or die". And those rude black women are the ones who march and stand up for y'all black asses. Black women, this is our cue to leave these no good for nothings.

Truth hurt doesn't it?

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Interesting

You have a very strong opinion on the subject and you are entitled to it. I feel that I see people as more stereotypical. Blacks are more athletic, whites are more educated, and judgmental.. I could go on but I have my own strong opinion. There are two types of people I do not like and there are assholes and low-lifes. Race and religion don't matter. People as a whole are good. Most of the time we can pick out the assholes and low-lifes. Except when they get elected to political office. Then we find out during their term in office.

Just an opinion

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSamuelx@Samuelx
2119 Followers
I am Samuelx. I am Black. I am Male. I was born in Cap-Haitien, Northern Haiti, and raised in Brockton, Massachusetts. I now live in Canada. I am the one and only Haitian Trickster, and quite simply live only by my own rules. I...

story TAGS