All Comments on 'Petition for the Dissolution...'

by PostScriptor

Sort by:
  • 69 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
very nice

Enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Another good one

I remember her novel and I really like this first submission since Suspicion. You have a gift. Hope you keep contributing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Well Written

Thanks for the story, I enjoyed it.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 15 years ago
Perfect short story

Well done.

<br></br>

The only thng I woud like to have seen ... was more development on how and why the cheating wife thought her husband would put up with leaving... stopping the kids from seeibg their dad ... then moving back and expecting the husband to put up with it.

<br></br>

I mean think about that. Such a thought process so someone is seriously nuts

bruce22bruce22over 15 years ago
Very Enjoyable

I read it as a break in correcting exam papers! It really hit the spot. His break-up route does have the problem that he had no easy way to find out why and his self confidence must have had some real problems along the way. Furthermore he is almost an unbelieveable person in this modern world!

cageyteecageyteeover 15 years ago
An interesting play of events.

I always love it when the "good guy" wins and the "bad guy/gal" gets an appropriate comeuppance! It's an even more enjoyable read when the author writes as well as you do!

Orion623Orion623over 15 years ago
Well Done

Very interesting and very good writing. The destruction of Wife No. 1 by the presumptive Wife No. 2 was a neat little twist.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Lovely story, but ...

Why would wifey become teary????? I've met a lot of women like her, they don't deflate, they look for the next victim!

BigFtHunterBigFtHunterover 15 years ago
Totally good read

A joy to read. Thanks for the post.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 15 years ago
Sad but Well Written Story

Harry is correct - this is a well written story. Sad though, to see the negative effects of a narcissistic woman - no real winners here except for the young attorney - everybody else loses.

JADED_ONE1969JADED_ONE1969over 15 years ago
Once again, Writer, good story.

I like this story a lot, almost noir-ish. Anyway carry on writing I liked your last series and this is good too.

Regards

GW

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 15 years ago
Inteersting read

Enjoyed the tale. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Excellent story!

Well written & executed - we appreciate the author's time & effort on this one! More along these lines -please?

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Another - Please Author

Oh the irony of deliverance made the consequence much more powerful.<P>

On a roll Author - you are appreciated amidst much chafe and tinny roar.<P>

Thanks - you are looked forward to in this vein.<P>

With High Regard

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanover 15 years ago
well done, with little exaggeration,

incredulity, or stupid dialogues. good job.

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 15 years ago
Characters could have been more 3D...

But despite the characters being somewhat flat, I liked the story as the plot and dialogue kept me intrigued... <P>

The husband was a near saint while someone could have dropped the wife in the middle of the Sahara desert and no one would have shed a tear - she was just so evil... For me, the 'two dimensionality' of the characters - good vs. evil; white vs. black etc. took away some of my pleasure in reading the story. I recognize that for many who seek escapism - the pleasure scale works in the opposite way. Unlike real life, it could be a relief to simply side with 'good characters' against 'evil ones'. I confess, sometimes I resort to the plain straight forward simple 'good vs. evil' plots. but to the most part I like to see a bit more semblance to real life in the characters, example: a hero who has some weaknesses and his nemesis still maintaining some human traits even as she behaves badly...

Joyce770Joyce770over 15 years ago
A great read!

I'm not really big on retribution. However, it couldn't have happened to a nicer person than Georgia lol. Interesting twist that the girlfriend, Anne, was the one to seek revenge, I am not so sure, I would have taken that chance and rocked the boat. Georgia was content with her lover. It might have backfired and Don might have welcomed her back home with open arms. I enjoyed your story immensely.

Thanks,

Joyce

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
An Excellent Story

Great. I liked it throughout.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
GREAT STORY

GREAT STORY NOT TO LONG AND RIGHT TO THE POINT

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 15 years ago
One of the best stories of the past year . . .

This short vignette was clearly one of the best of the past year. It was well-written and it was clear, succinct, and to the point, as they say. I'm glad there are at least some writers who know how to portray a man as something besides a wimp-cuckold-creampie eater. Please keep writing.

SELSTIMSELSTIMalmost 15 years ago
GOOD STORY

Not bad , I mean it was good considering most of the story took place in a lawyer’s office. I think that point of view might have limited the development of your characters' emotions and your storyline. The method in which you described Georgia seemed a little too lengthy and read like a facts sheet which, for me, was a little boring. A lot of authors use this method but there are some that are very good at inserting physical and personality traits into the plot and dialog in a way to keep it interesting. The story came off a little sterile, very unemotional. Everything was a little too neat. The villain got hers and the good guys lived happily ever after, The End. Of course, if you expounded on everything then it wouldn’t have been a short story. It was a good story and the point of view was unique but just left me a little flat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Well Crafted

It's a pleasure to read a story like this that develops the main characters so well and keeps us looking for the secret ingrediant which will surprise the reader. Your sentence structure is really smooth and surely adds to a good read. Keep up the work; you are one of the best writers on this site.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
PAIN AND SADNESS

Even though these stories are FICTION, its always nice when a plan or plot comes together or is foiled. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Great story

I enjoyed reading it. Keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
awesome ending

However i wouldnt have given the cheating wife a damn thing and would have mailed the video and pictures to all her family, friends, and work mates.

they all deserve to have that done to them at least.

RhomanovRhomanovover 11 years ago
Well Written

Nicely done!

Thx

DelicoseDelicoseover 10 years ago
Championship game?

I find it odd that Anne would skip her son's championship game to serve papers to Georgia. You'd think that she would schedule the meeting so she wouldn't have missed it.

I still enjoyed the story. Five stars.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
#2 ARM CANDY....UNLIKE M & Ms

melts in your brain and heart. TK U MLJ LV NV

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

Thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
What a lovely story!

A cold conniving and cheating cunt getting her 'cum'euppance.....

5 stars!

rightbankrightbankabout 10 years ago
Kinsey Milhone

couldn't have said it better

__ is for

chytownchytownabout 10 years ago
Good Read****

Thanks for sharing.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
Justice is served

And so is dessert - yum LOL

Fun read -

xtchrxtchralmost 9 years ago
You Did It Again!

Yes, another great story. I liked how you had the new girlfriend serve the wife and let her know 'the jig is up'. The husband was a little too nice to his future ex-wife, he gave her too much. The wife was just another stupid woman who thought she had a 'gold-plated pussy' and could just snap her fingers and her husband would take her back under her terms. Thank you for a very good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
not so much

the story, but your reference to the Grafton tale

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17about 8 years ago
I Too Am A Sue Grafton Fan

Your story fulfils my wish for the husbands new girlfriend to be the one to legally seve the unfaithful wife with the Divorce Papers. 5 star story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Good grief, what a detestable woman!

When a wife is this cruel, selfish, and arrogant, it makes you wonder what an intelligent decent man ever saw in her to want to marry her in the first place. In a normal functional marriage there should have been signs of discontent and deceit at the very beginning, which would be followed by unrelenting inquiry and insistence that the issues be confronted and resolved. From what you described the divorce simply would have happened sooner.

And why, if he was in cell phone contact with his daughter, why didn't he just visit her at his in-laws house when she was being exiled there so her mother could have her fuck fests? A small point, but begging for an answer.

A clever and well done story. Thank You.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
good read

Try your hand at using real life serial cheating wife in story

Details about one of her affairs posted on Facebook profile of dearbornmt@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Sorry!

The Story was OK but was rather anti-climatic! These stories where the wronged husband is just toooo nice leaves the story without punch!

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 7 years ago
Delicose is correct

No way a good parent would skip the championship game to play her own game. Perhaps it was a critical practice before the big game. I never missed those big games and matches with my kids, even when I had a broken leg.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 7 years ago
Excellent

What a great tale. Now the cheating whore will be alone and her betrayed husband has a new love in his life. Good, faithful people deserve happiness. Cheaters deserve shit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I agree with others, that the husband was too timid and his whore wife too demanding and cold.

Maybe that was his appeal to the young attorney, she knows the husband is submissive and she can play the dominant spouse. Nothing wrong with a solid respectful marriage based on that equation, if that's what the parties want.

A nice cu de grace from the victorious replacement. The ex-wife has a vagina and no self respect, so she will do just fine, materially. And since she has no soul, she won't miss any other aspects of love and romance.

tazz317tazz317almost 7 years ago
WHY DO CHEATERS FORGET

the old-fashioned now its someone elses turn, TK U MLJ LV NV

rightbankrightbankalmost 7 years ago
A verbal picture

painted very well.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 7 years ago
A nice one.

Fine plot and well written.

But a few questionmarks though.

He has his new girlfriend hand

his wife the divorce papers.

Might be OK but sounds strange.

Like handing the control of his

personal life, from one woman

to another.

And then the fact he takes the bill

for the wifes lovenest. Granted he

gets legal rights for survailance.

But it sure makes him look like

a cuckold too.

So another story of a guy, who is

a softy. A good guy who allows

women to step on his feet.

A (controling) womans dream.

Good luck girls, in a relationship

with that kind of a guy.

You'll need that luck.

StormKing33StormKing33over 6 years ago
5* BTB...Game, Set, Match!!!

Well done...you dont appreciate what you have until you lose it.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 6 years ago
And....

They lived happily ever after! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
the storylines ok

but wth characters too good to be true or in the case of the wife too stupid to be believable it spoils it a little.

but 5* anyway.

Tiger27Tiger27about 6 years ago
Say what????

They kissed again, before leaving for dinner??????????

Order in and fuck each other senseless fer chrisakes???? Sheeeeeesh!

cub4acougarcub4acougarabout 6 years ago
5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5

loved it

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
"Open Marriage"

Forgetting for the moment her affair, taking their daughter, etc.

We all know that the "open marriage" would have been slammed shut as soon as HE took a lover! Even IF she would have grudgingly tolerated it, she knew that he would never take advantage of it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Great Story. I don’t understand why it isn’t rated higher. I certainly give it Five Stars.

BoomerbillBoomerbillalmost 6 years ago
Agree with “anonymous” great story and well written

5***** for the concept and well written.

DoNotPassGoDoNotPassGoover 5 years ago
Another stupid bitch story

*****

somewhatniceguysomewhatniceguyover 5 years ago
given the story

I kind of feel sorry for Georgia; when arrogant ones fall, they fall hard and usually don't get up at all. It is pretty much ruin afterwards; their ego, their lifeline, is severed, and they just can't deal with it, and in the end they just whither away, in a much worse plight than those who never had it any good in life but still go on. Given the docile nature of Don, the best is to have some kind of closure between Don and Georgia, where she gets to explain why she did what she did and agrees to go get help, and seek forgiveness, and Don forgiving her and moving on with Anne. How can a coach that be docile? That, kind of surprises. In all a nice story, never going overboard, yet convey the pain. The whole premise to narrate the story in a conversation between two grown-up women is kind of new. I am a fan of RAAC; good guys like Don don't have a mercenary attitude; they may be bitter, but not cruel to the point of extracting vengeance. If Georgia truly repented and had transformed herself then may be just may be he could consider taking her back.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Very nice

I love to see the arrogant, entitled birches go down hard. Don and Ann should.do.well.

Tiger27Tiger27over 4 years ago

All assholes wife did was put her foot down?! Some peoples kids eh.

Great story! More please.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Dinner first she dessert . He is definitely going to need his Wheaties . 10 years!

Good story enjoyed

Just wish good guys not so nice in divorce.

Adultery

Minimum settlement possible.

She cheated for too long and then kept daughter from him.

JonDoe315JonDoe315about 3 years ago

Hope he doesn't have a sit down like all LW stories on here. The only closure he needs is being divorced. Seriously, who wants to listen to the why's, how's, when, and what not.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Thanks for sharing...

This has been a favourite of mine for several years now, i really enjoy the irony of the situation.

looking forward to your next posting

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Why are good men portrayed as such "Goody Two Shoes," when they are dealing with such shameless slut wives!

Did Georgia deserve any consideration?

lover1953lover1953over 2 years ago

I agree with LPN. Great story. 5 Stars from me.

jsch1947jsch1947over 1 year ago

A beautiful BTB. You utilized the Formula, but did it with both style and flair.

An easy 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well done!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Thanks for sharing...

This story is a small masterpiece. It doesn't matter how many times i read it, it always leaves me with a mischievous smile on my face. Thanks again for a grate read.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Fantastic story. Anne is amazing!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous