All Comments on 'San Francisco's Proposition K'

by SunrockSin

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Well argued, but..

won't stand up in the courts. For a city to cherry-pick which laws are to be enforced and which should not be, seems unlikely to stand up to court challenges, as a legal matter. And this kind of attempt to skirt the law only breeds contempt for the law in general. If the city want to be a scofflaw enterprise, why shouldn't I, within the city ALSO pick and choose which laws I want to follow? This kind of action ultimately breaks the social contract.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Old Argument

My personal feelings are that it comes down to personal choice. The real issues involved are prevention of disease, abuse of others, morality and religious viewpoints.

Sex is the one thing all people have in common, in one form or another. The only difference between the person scandalized and the one gloating over the scandal is which one got caught?

Why not allow a person giving a massage to offer relief when it is needed if they both agree and have no concerns? In my State we have laws on how the damned sheet should be folded, just insane stuff.

I think it should be legal, with licenses and regular medical checkups required. Give the police and judicial system more time for doughnut stops...

MGM

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
HELL!

You know a law like that would never pass!The pimps & the "blue-noses" would never allow it! IF IT DID, it would go to an appellate court & be tied up for years! We'll do what we've always done, hop in a car & go across the state line into Nevada!

BrentffordBrentffordabout 10 years ago
A sensible Solution.

At last some sanity addressing the oldest profession ! Preventative health measures and security from assault and freedom from intimidation and exploitation ! And tax revenue stream to pay for these adult and humane solutions. What is not to like? It even has the added bonus of annoying the Bible thumpers!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous