All Comments on 'Two's a Crowd Ch. 02'

by angiquesophie

Sort by:
  • 83 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
angiquesophie. Your story makes the husband sound

like a fairy. The only men I ever knew that talked like him and thought like him sucked cock. You do to with that story that wasn't a story. The only problem is that your crap takes up space that could have been used for a more worthy writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
confused...

I thought you gave a good story but the ending left me wanting. All in all I felt just as confused as the husband in your story... There was no resolution... He made some guesses as to what happened but all the same we never got a good feel for her character so who knows what happened? Not me.

Tearsofsorrow2Tearsofsorrow2over 15 years ago
If you had a man

Personally I liked the story. All it needed was a human male to make it complete. I am not sure what you had as a male character as men, 99% of them and that includes gay men would never act this way. He finds out his wife is a slut, she lies repeatedly about it. And yet even after confirming her guilt with his so called friends(none of which I would ever talk to again) he is still trying to fix his marriage. The person in this story who should have been trying to fix this marriage is the slut. And his response as a normal male should have been to leave her in the dust. I noticed you did not give out the terms of the divorce. As he never hired a P.I. to gain evidence of the affairs. He would have been raped in court. And yet there is no reaction from him about this at all. So what do I like about the story? You revealed a truth seldom told in stories, that infidelity can not be handle by the courts. There is no justice there. And also for all that the male was not male at all, in the end he divorced the slut even if the last few paragraphs lead me to believe he will crawl back to the slut someday. My only suggest is the next time you write have a man in the story.

KoreavetKoreavetover 15 years ago
Realistic

I suspect most infidelities have some component of rationalization, similar to the process by which people delight in slips of the other guy and elide faults in their own guy. Having rationalized her behavior, she was not willing to give it up. I cannot understand the comment about the husband. He never condoned her behavior. Kee[ up the good work, girls.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
crap

I don't think the writer have ever met any males in her sorry little life

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
not finished ?

well written as usual, but confusing and disappointing. Yeah, not all stories have conclusive endings, but still ...You leave a lot of unanswered questions as if your story isn't finished. G.Belgium.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Your writing always leaves me curious.

I am not sure which you have more disdain for the female or the male of the species, or perhaps you simply dislike relationships between real people. You write very well technically, but it has no real since of feeling to it. You write emotions, but it has no flow of emotion from the words. It is not a matter of whether I care for the plot or not, most plots about infidelity are hardly original. You have the potential to write moving stories because you are talented, but somehow your stories always fall flat. I shall continue to read and hope you can overcome that. M

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
is that the end or will there be more....

I enjoyed it but want more. Too many unanswered questions. Very realistic response.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Ending?

I liked the basis of your story and your superb grasp of the emotional content, except for the drought which is our glimpse into Myriam's intentions, state of mind and motivations. I feel that another chapter revealing the truth about Myriam would be helpful and appreciated. I have given a 100 based on my hope that you will complete the story. If you choose to end it this way that is your privilege and absolute right and I will not complain.

Please ignore (it must be difficult) the rather less than helpful comments. This is your story for our entertainment and I appreciate and enjoy your tales, exhibiting as they do many facets of relationships which are less than perfect.

Thank you.

Norman

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Interesting but as others have said .....

this author either hates the male species or at least thinks so badly of them. Perhaps this author's understanding of the human race is based upon a female dominated hierarchy? We asked the question earlier - when does the author intend to prove it was all the former husband's fault [as usual]? At least in this story; this wimp husband was able to divorce the slut. Credit is given for being consistent with the rest of this author's work - typical self-centered females who use the males to get what they need, then on to the next idiot.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 15 years ago
Is THAT it? oh I see another STUPID man

I think its great that the husband wont accept Myriam's shallow platitudes and NON answers... even when she was threaten with divorce.

<br><<br>

BUT from the beginning its clear the husband knew nothing about his whore escort wife... yet that sort of information is soooo easy to find.

<br><<br>

Why talk to <b>ONLY</b> Myriams woman friends? <b>Why not threaten them with blackmail to tell their husbands what they were doing... might have been doing??</b>

<br><<br>

The fact that her friends from work KNEW but could not Say is SERIOUS leverage. It MEANS something BIG is at work here

<br><<br>

<b>where is the lawsuit against her company? Either the company she worked for KNEW and/ or asked that Myriam was a paid whore used to help "convince" clients or they knew that is what she did and never stopped it.</b>

<br><<br>

What about Myriam's family? Mom ? dad? siblings?

<br><<br>

You see folks... <b>When a Hetro men goes to war against someone so evil as Myriam a hetro man does not just walk away without getting some info... some satisifcation of revenge or justice. Or at least make an effort. </b>

<br></br>

Over a year ago I made the compliant that this lesbian author of amazing skill and talent had SERIOUS men issues and that HER agenda and sexuality was so obvious and so severe that it meant she could not write a story a LW story that featured anything close to a rational man.

<br><<br>

<b> It is clear that the PRIMARY purpose WHY angiquesophie writes and develops her male/ husband characters the way she does is all part of an effort by this author to show how twisted manipluative and Superior ALL woman are over ALL men. </b>

<br><<br>

I think the Truth is that Angiquesophie was... a long time married... or was engaged... or had serious relationsship with a Hetro man. But he did NOT know by this authors sexual orientation. When he found out about the authors' massive decent and lie he tossed her ass out.

<br><<br>

And ever since then anqiquesophie has been waging her own private war to make all Heteo men stupid weak shallow.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Does the writer really think men act this way?

If so she needs to change her lifestyle. No real man would accept this. And to be honest no woman would act this way either. But hey this is fiction right? You do write well it's just a pity you don't respect men more. Don't bother with the third chapter leave it as is. At the very least the husband has escaped from from a very selfish woman. At best he has escaped from a slut of a wife. I hope he finds someone who cares.

bruce22bruce22over 15 years ago
Painful

Why in the world did she try to talk to him and why didn't

he listen? I get the feeling that the precondition set by the author was that they could not communicate with words.

I loved her communication with her choice of clothes, but she left it clear that it was only business.... What business she was in I do not know! One small quibble, he saw her in a higher class hotel than the Excelsior, the Excelsior was part of her lies. The husband seems to accept this lie in the new chapter. I read all of the author's work with interest but I am not sure whether I will read the next piece. Too much pain.

toesmantoesmanover 15 years ago
waste of good talent

Well, at least in my opinion. In fairness, I'll give you a score of more than a "0", because of the quality of your ability as a writer. That being said, I absolutely despise the "wimpiness" of any-all of your male characters. At least the "hero" [such as he was] of this story finally had the balls to walk away from his cheating whore-slut when he realized the depth of her disrespect for him, but his attitude seemed to be a regret that he had to do it; that he was doing it only because she had "killed" the woman he loved. And candidly, your talent as a writer seems to be handicapped by your apparent & obvious disrespect for all males. You seem to think that you can write from a "man's" point of view. I've got a hot flash for you, the great majority of American men, at least, don't believe, act and react like your so-called "men". I adore my wife, but if she attempted that crap on me, I'd kick her ass to the curb so quick she would not know what hit her; and I'd not look back.

If you truly wanted to fulfill your talent, try to liberate yourself from your so obvious prejudices, and write like a man in that situation would do, not what your attitude apparently tells you he would do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Extremely poor writing of a man's thoughts when

married to a woman he finds to be a whore. She is a prostitu7te and knows no morals or for that matter business ethics. She is the top of her line a pure unadultrated piece of trash. He on the other hand is a man of morals and ethics to was stupid enough to believe this woman actually loved him. He was surrounded by so called friends that held him in pure and utter contempt. He would be best off in a different place and let the whore eventually die of whatever disease she acquires in her pursuit of money. The soul searching you have him doing and the feeling he failed would not make a man crawl back in a hole. Somewhere along the line that exwife company whore would be found dead long after he had moved away. Consequences are a bitch and a woman like that doesnt really deserve even a second thought. I wonder tho, since the writer is a bi in Amsterdam if she is one of the very high class whores that are in the community and whether she serves males but hates their touch? The picture shown almost speaks to this as her profession.

stevieraygovanstevieraygovanover 15 years ago
I actually hate both characters. Amazing.

This is great writing. I don't know if the author set out with the explicit intention of making both characters so frustrating but I can't recall another story I've ever read here where both characters pissed me off as much as these two piss me off. The husband has so many obvious things to say to her, and he never does. The wife...ditto.<p>

The fact that the wife would never dress up sexily for her husband while she seems to have no problem doing it for other people, man, that just kills me. It would kill that husband too and yet he never even mentioned it. No mention of her being pantiless beneath her barely there dress. No mention of her being braless in an open front dress. No mention of how wildly different such behavior was for her compared to her strict dress code within the marriage.<p>

No mention of her sexual history and their mutual friends' tacit admission of her past infidelities.<p>

Nothing. Just a bunch of malignant riddles followed by obfuscations from the wife followed by a heartless divorce.<p>

Yeah, I really hate these two and I do have to wonder about the men the author has known since no real world man would ever be this lame.<p>

Can't deny though that it was still a great story and as far as I'm concerned that's what matters above all else. The frustrating behavior of these characters is what sets this story apart. Lots of stories here depict sensible, predictable and realistic behavior and the vast majority of those stories are very forgettable. This story is Brando lubing himself up with butter before he cruelly assfucks the poor woman. This story will stick in my mind, like a pebble in my shoe. That's good writing, and good writing is to be applauded.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Have to agree...

...that both characters are beneath contempt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
poor man

as I scrolled through, I had to run to the bathroom so many times, to get tissues to blow my nose! <p>

the Lord and Myr, they are so great, so independent, so beautiful,,, so powerful,,, they never made life easy for this poor chap,,,, y'all should know, he tried every which way to love this beautiful woman, even if she's not faithful, that's her only fault! LOL

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
exellent

writing, first grade. the problem for me is I wanted to read litEROTICA and not DRAMA not cruelty. who is turnded on by this story? please make some comments for me to read. how many of you came while reading this story? I would really like to know.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
excellent story

All the elements of superb writing are found in angiquesophie's story. Sometimes I catch myself reading passages of text to enjoy the author's command of English; then I need to re-read them in order to be able to understand and follow the story. In the back of my mind I keep thinking that the husband is possibly making out of her behavior much more than it is. She is in a dangerous position by the fact that she is exceedingly beautiful and at the same time required to perform for the benefit of the corporation, or other enterprise, for which she is employed. Her profession (not explained in much detail) seems to be to raise money at fundraisers. She meets a lot of very wealthy people, many men, and some are lonely men staying in the United States from other nations, e.g., Argentina. In summary, she's in a dangerous profession that her husband has not fully taken into consideration. I felt sorry for the husband in the early chapter, but after reading this second chapter, I doubt that he has strong enough reasons for the divorce and my support for him has weakened considerably. Why did he divorce her: 1) The husband saw her playing up to a man at the fundraiser, (2) she did not come home that night (maybe part of the job she had of fund raising and we know what might entail), and a colleague of hers wouldn't answer his questions directly - but what did the colleague honestly believe? RAG

andy1hardyandy1hardyover 15 years ago
Well done....but here is the ending.....

Over the next couple of weeks, Myr’s double life collided. Not having a formal home with Bruce to go back to as an enjoyable escape and respite, she started going out more and more. One time, she called up Bess only to find her pre occupied with what Myr would consider a dull family life. And when Bess mentioned that she and Bruce met, Myr was curious. Bess said she did not say anything to Bruce about her double life; however she did say that when Bruce asked her if there was anything to worry about, her nod said it all. When Myr went out with their common friends, she found out that Bruce also spoke with most of them. They frankly told her they did not say anything against her…but admitted that by not responding to some of the sensitive questions asked, their mute responses may have been misinterpreted. Myr now knew that on the day she signed the divorce papers, thinking she could doll up and show Bruce what he would be missing, Bruce had already knew about her other life….and he found it ugly and repulsive. She now knew she wasted that wink that day….the wink that usually more or less previously captivated all her would be suitors. So each day passed. And with each day, her double life merged. She was tired coming home to change into silky provocative meshes for the night life that she started going to work in them…therefore less time was needed. In fact, she started going to work in mascara and heels which to those in the know, knew that was how she technically came home after a night out. But this is the life she wanted. Maybe because it was hidden, it was a turn on. She read the papers and saw Bruce’s promotion to the big apple…and later that year, his engagement to the daughter of the chairman of the board, followed a year later by the birth of his daughter. She felt proud of Bruce, always sticking to his provincial principles, to go slow as you grow but remorsefully thought that it could have been them. So she took everything in stride and accepted her life till that fateful morning. As she looked in the mirror, she saw the smeared mascara about her eyes and her worn body of abuse and saw what Bruce saw those many years earlier…an ugly and repulsive Myr. She winked at the mirror, the best she knew how, but it wasn’t enough….not this time.....signed Andy

thebulletthebulletover 15 years ago
well done

very well written story with reality based reactions on the part of the husband. Sad, but I liked it.

Simple49erSimple49erover 15 years ago
You lost the emotional impact!

The first chapter built a strong emotinal base, tension that needed to explode. Instead, in the end all there was was a wimpering, empty man who was so "sensitive" that he did all the wrong things to end his marriage. If nothing else, he should have hired a detective to know intellectually that she had cheated and not just emotinally. In fact, you fulfilled my prediction from the first story. He did not react as even a sensitive man would have. If he were sensitive and truly intelligent - is that not what you seem to admire in the men you create - he would not have confronted her with so little evidence that she could go on in her denial. An intelligent man - in love or not - would not have let the situation go on for so long. In fact the strong, masculine character in this story is the wife. She behaves like a cheating man. And the husband? A bereaved woman who cannot deal with the problem except to run away. Maybe cheating is not a normal activity and a person might believe that only abnormal people do this, so the abnormal behavior of your characters makes perfect sense. I am not sure. I would love to see you turn your talent to a normal situation and see how you would do. You are a fine writer, but you need to work on understanding how men think and now what you want them to think. I admire both strong men and women; both intelligent; both sensitive; both with coommon sense; but then not all men and women are like that.

AzpiriAzpiriover 15 years ago
What exactly was the point?

I thought the description of events was a good thing. You could definitely see that the woman kept her 'business' life and her 'personal' life seperate. Though, given her actions, her husband was all business and that all of her clients were 'personal'.

My question is this: what's the point of the story? That the man is realizing he's nothing more than a business ornament, needed to present some kind of facade? She didn't change from the event. In fact, she seemed to 'gain' and flaunt how the divorce didn't affect her at all. His departure from their relationship meant very little to her?

Mind you, the guy was not worth the trouble. He didn't want to listen, but she didn't do anything to present her case.

Personally, I would like to see how the divorce affects the couple. Of course, the man will probably be jilted and jaded of any woman. But I would love to see how the woman needed the safety and comfort that the man offered. An interesting story would be that when bad things fall upon the woman, she finds that her world is all an illusion. Those that she flirts with aren't there when she needs them... and the one man who would have been there for her divorced her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Enthralled with the writing, not the content.

Again, such a command of the written word. I read and ... so many pictures! I'm lead to believe the writer has never had someone to believe in or trust. She is surrounded by actions and images, always to be on guard, as in her few moments of trust, betrayal. Her gift in communicating this drama and emotion is unsurpassed. My complaint would be in the results of her conclusions, the inability to find a happiness, in essence I find despair. I'm torn when I see her author name behind a story. I love the examination of scenario and emotion but I have yet to find in her stories where the ending matches the promise I feel in the beginnings. Hey, I'm just a hacker. What do I know?

Rob

zed0zed0over 15 years ago
huh?

Is that all there is?

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 15 years ago
As they say, "I hate it when I'm right . . . "

Again, this is superb writing and considering English is not the author's native language, I think she has genius level talent so far as her writing skills are concerned. And I take issue with other readers who criticize the lack of erotic content of this story. There are quite a few stories in loving wives and other categories that have no sex in them. But usually, the author has a preface like, "There is no sex in this story." We don't have such a foreward in this one; there are obviously readers who might not bother to read anything that has no sex in the story, and now they are voicing their irritation about it. But the story is very intense in exploring feelings and relationships. Imagine one day that your spouse walks into your home and says that that he/she does not love you the same as before, that he/she has been seeing someone else and having an affair, and maybe it would be best to leave you. It's understandable for you, the unsuspecting spouse, to be in a state of shock, to be depressed, and for your mind to fail to fire on all cylinders. It's a blow to your self-esteem, to your illusion of security as it were. Now suppose your spouse says he/she wants to be both with you and also with the lover. Isn't it possible for a person to love two people at the same time? After all, you love your mother and your father equally (hopefully), why should romantic or sexual love be different? In my comments at the end of Ch. 01, I mentioned the five stages of loss, which are: (1) denial, (2) bargaining, (3) anger, (4) despair, and (5) acceptance. I'm not sure we really saw (2) in this story, but certainly Bruce exhibited a lot of denial -- this can't be happening to me, to us -- and pseudo anger, or at least as much backbone as this particular author is capable of providing to her male character(s) -- there is no clown here. His despair is palpable and his acceptance tentative by the end of Ch. 02. I would be interested in a chapter from Myriam's point of view, one in which we might learn more about her. Her character is not very well developed to date. She says she loves Bruce but her actions are not very loving. I do think a man would have obtained evidence to use against the other party, just like any woman who felt betrayed by their spouse. I think one of the elements of Bruce's character sensed by most readers, at least the male readers, is the feeling that Bruce simply gives up. Men are very competitive. They don't like to lose. If they do lose, few are really good sports when they lose. If they lose their love, their marital partner due to her adultery, then they are very poor "sports" in such a scenario. It seems to me that Angiquesophie has difficulty capturing that essential quality of males, especially males who are successful in business. Instead we have effeminate men, weak men, and that bothers a lot of male readers including yours truly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
good writing, sad unrealistic story

two charaters that are uterly unlikable, as a reader you merely make us want to see both these losers dies in a horrible car accident... so your story fails completely.

Some reviewers hint that they think you don't understand basic human behavoir and emotions because you're Bi, personally, I think that is silly, most bi people I know have no default short comings in understanding psychology... but after reviewing several of yours stories... you obviously do. It is not your strenght.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 15 years ago
will Myriam ever tell the whole story?

I can only imagine the aggravation the husband was feeling, not knowing the real story of her life. When did she start being unfaithful, how many times did she come home to him after being with another man? I think the readers deserve the whole story. Is it possible to see Myriam's side of the story? The author would so kind to let us as readers know the whole story.Thank You very much for the story....Rich

SoCalOvidSoCalOvidover 15 years ago
You drain the emotions...

Ah! Angelic Sophie, your writing once again makes us all feel that our scribbling is inadequate! Elegant, and subtle. Yes, its true, you don't answer all of the questions that we might have, but your ambiguity is not the result of careless oversight, it is part of your style. One might hope that readers could appreciate that not every story can or should be constrained by the same formula. Indeed, how often is sublime clarity ever achieved in real life, much less fiction.<br><p>

Your tales are heart rending, sad, wistful, and, oh so well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Realistic

Another clueless husband bites the dust! Very realistic and well written. Now we know why they used to get locked up in the castle towers! !

IrrumatioIrrumatioover 15 years ago
And if his new job leads to power and wealth?

If they then met again, how would it play?

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Why?

Your talents are many. Your really are a very good writer and can take the reader anywhere you want to. Like others have stated, you just don't know guys very well. Most guys would want to know as much as they could about her actions and then they would want some kind of revenge. No guy I know would just walk away with out doing nothing. At the very least a back-hand across the face...

It would be nice if you had an epilogue about the slut to let us know what and why she acted as she did. The husband's random thoughts at the end didn't really answer any questions. Thanks for sharing with us...

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Disapointed.

The writing is great. It is the story that leaves so much to wonder that it makes the story unsatisfactory. Non of the questions were answered. I was very disapointed. I hope there is another chapter to answer all the Questions. Keep on writting, You really are talented

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 15 years ago
1 Year Later I am PROVEN right once more

There are 34 feedback posts in this story. Besides my earlier post... of the 33 remaining posts ... there are 22 posts from readers who have now come around to support something I said/ posted 1 year ago about Angiquesophie.

<br></br>

Anonymous in SoCal... Anonymous in USA Vulcan in OH...

Zed0...Anonymous in CA... Azpiri... Simple49er... Anonymous in CALIF... poor man Anonymous... Anonymous in Sweden...

stevieraygovan... Anonymous extremely poor writing of Man's thought.... toesman... Anonymous in UK... Anonymous Interesting... Anonymous in USA... Anonymous crap... TeasrofSorrow... Anonymous you make the husband sound

<br></br>

22 of 33...

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Well, I read it. and like I said for chapter one

There was no place left to go. She basically didn't answer, he basically never looked for one. That's it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
I'm still confused.

Great story, but why did she lie about the affair? Why would she fight to remain married to him? Nothing really makes sense...why would their "friends" not talk to him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Where is Chapter 3 ?

Loved your writing style, however, I beleive this story should have a chapter 3

Tearsofsorrow2Tearsofsorrow2over 15 years ago
HarryinVA

Although I agree that the author does not write a good male character I feel the need to defend her in this instance. I am a psychologist by profession and though I have written stories which include female characters, and even though most of my patients are female, I still can only write the shell of the female psyche. What seems obvious to the average male is not at all obvious to the average female. Put simply we are wired differently. Our brain chemistry is not the same. So Angiquesophie has a large problem when it comes to writing the male half of her stories. I do not see the "Hate on" of the male gender that you are advocating. First although she writes very well, English may not be her mother tongue. So there is a translation barrier she has to overcome. Second she is female. She lacks a great deal of testosterone. Just as you and I have very little estrogen. These chemicals have a significant effect on the way we view the world. Men are quicker to anger. Woman are more territorial. There are a million things to consider in why she writes her male characters the way she does. No one on this site hates a wimp more than I do. I work with them every day. Low self esteem is a curse that I am trying to eradicate one person at a time. The author has gotten better since her earlier work. Give her time and experience and I am sure the writing will take care of itself. Patience that is all it takes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
People miss the point

This author is trying to hard to write a novel when what people here want is something semi short and with a climax, so to speak.

It seems the author is trying to leave a lot up to your imagination though I think the/she wants you to draw the right conclusions.

The wife insisted that it was business and that she had told the truth about that. here's the catch, the husband assumes that means no sex. I think the wife meant that the sex was business. That there was no love involved, that it was sex, not love.

So I am to draw one of two conclusions. Either she and the other wives are part of a secret circle of high class call girls, or she was using sex to get ahead in her professional career and the other friends knew this.

Personally I would have found the story more rewarding had this eventually been revealed to the husband and he found that he could live with that but just didn't want the lies. He did admit that he was strangely excited even while being mad and jealous.

kelchakelchaover 15 years ago
Excellent

Really excellent. I liked the lack of any resolution to ths point. Things don't always go down the path we desire or we anticipate. Would love to know the thoughts of the wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
How Rare - She Wins / He loses

How predictable that the poor sap cares when no one else would.<P>

How predictable that she wanted more than he could provide but would never ask for it or admit it.<P>

How predictable that she is painted as winning and he as still infatuated but as a braindead helpless loser.<P>

You silly people by now you know there is a script for all this writers stories wherein only the stage and weak helpless male changes.<P>

So unlike life but not to ms. pretty words as she has apparently suffered male rejection by some strong male and will keep trying to get even through male disrespect and humiliation. The same type humiliation she felt and can't forget.<P>

It dominates her life and words which is a shame for her and those who would other wise be impressed with her abilities used in some more reasonable manner.<P>

Sad that she will never change.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
What is The Point?

What am I missing here -OMG what a lame excuse for "Loving Wife"story -no remorse on her part -No hurt on his part -just to walk away ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Not sure

Writing is great but a depressing story, not ertotic, but it would have been nice to hear something from her. Didn't like story but loved the last line.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
enjoyment

what was the reason for this story? Clearly it was not about sex because there was non. There was no revenge factor, for him or her. there was no statements of emptiness or her feeling that she was missing something. When people read stories they want some kind of enjoyment out of it. 95% of people enjoy completion. Most people have enough unaswered questions in their life not to bother with it in a time in which they are looking for enjoyment. If you doubt this, in your next story put in the comment line "no real ending going to leave it up to your imagination" and watch how many readers read it. if you do it this way you will STOP WASTING PEOPLE'S TIME!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Interesting

The problem with protagonists that are devoid of feelings is that it makes the story pretty devoid of feelings as well. The W displays no feelings what so ever, therefore the main character is simply in a vacuum and that makes for a story that is pretty flat, although very well written.

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 15 years ago
are we in a dream? but what about the meaning?

There is almost a total lack of actual interaction between the two spouses. The little we do see explains why there is so little to begin with. The dialogues remind me of no dialogues I could recognize or believe. More like the quality of a dream (or a nightmare). Every thing is jumpy fractious and seems to lead from nowhere to nowhere. Which reminds me of the ‘no development plot’. Yes there is a divorce, but like anything else, it feels like you could have moved one sentence from its current place put it elsewhere and and it would still make the same sense. Namely – it all sound very impressionistic and dreamy but does not make much sense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Love it

It is in the tradition of the best cheating wives stories. Why is it so many commenters are expecting something other than what it is and are so critical when it does not meet their silly expectations? dockwatcher

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Beautiful writing-- dumb husband

The story is fascinating, but why do most fine writers portray husbands as such stupid wimps? Try portraying them as halfway intelligent men once in a while.

60 year old George

VickieTernVickieTernover 13 years ago
Terrific!

And moreover, civilized. Even more over, the reference to time-sharing and just above, to the woman who killed the woman I loved testify the high level of intelligence in its literary style (yes, literary, and in Literotica too!).

huedogghuedoggalmost 13 years ago
It's a good story, but it typical for a woman

and I'm not a pig, it's just most women either write a personia that is over the top for women and against men. There is not happy medium. The female is just another round heel slut, she just happens to have an education. The husband is still a wimp because he took so long to get rid of her ass. And to prove my point vickietern liked it.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbialmost 11 years ago
Superb Characters

I am not normally a movie person but I can't help picturing Bruce and Myriam as Woody Allen and a young and bitchy Elizabeth Taylor. I always saw Woody Allen as a nerdy introspective guy no matter what role he played and that's how Bruce comes across to me. Myriam can show off in high glamour but normally hides behind a severe look to mask her passion and advertise her strength. She clearly has both. Elizabeth Taylor had those qualities in abundance.

Since Bruce is the narrator of this tale and the divorce sounds quite final it is possible Myriam will disappear from the scene but I certainly hope not. I doubt that angiquesophie would draw such a powerful woman as lead character and the banish her just two chapters into a major story. I just realized that Myriam reminds me a bit of Laura.

On to chapter three.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 10 years ago
"It was business."

What else would a prostitute say ?

TonyKiwiTonyKiwialmost 10 years ago
why

A woman needs some stability in life so a loyal husband is a must. As the company whore she can do as she pleases and come home to a loving home. Remember her fuckers are most likely all married and have no interest in spending any extra time with a woman like her no matter how good looking, she is not in their league.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
There's even more parts?

It should have stopped here...

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 8 years ago
Second time through...

Still a favorite. Still love it. Still five stars. What an amazing end to this chapter. I guess that was Estelle signing the paper.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Swish, Swishy, Swished!! The Gay Zombie

There is something truly sneery and mocking in the elaboration of the husband's rather florid cogitations. I had read a number of commenters on other non-Angie stories make withering remarks in passing about her male characters but I had no idea her man would be so utterly disgusting in the very bizarre way that he is. Like a closeted gay zombie or something - just really out there. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I can practically hear his wrists pronating suspiciously.

Tootight1Tootight1over 7 years ago
good story

I guess. I am of the opinion that with marriage comes a bit of truth, at least to each other. Obviously that wasn't the case here. I also believe that a definition of friend is someone that will have your back in times of need, obviously he had no friends.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I can see where this is going.

She turns into a whore, if she wasn't already. And he is a walking pussy. Just worse than he already was. Don't need to read the rest. He will make a big fool out of himself.

ChuckEPooChuckEPooover 6 years ago
Painful story

I love your writing but this is painful to read. I’d love you to write a story where the woman wasn’t a lying cheating whore. 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
UGH!!!!

Your character is just plain pathetic!

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 6 years ago
Hum

This guy spends to much time and energy trying to figure out what happened instead of just moving on with his life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

He should point out that her regular fund raising seems to be done on her back legs akimbo, it must have happened before they were married and carried on after like a good whore she is.

chytownchytownalmost 6 years ago
Very Interesting Read****

Thanks for sharing.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 5 years ago
Thanks AS

Absolute Platinum so far!!

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Should

have just taken the job, moved and disappeared.

Theakston58Theakston58over 4 years ago
Painfully Brilliant

Damn

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Wimp

Wimp husband saddled with a cheating whore. The usual from this author. My solid *2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hooker

My guess is she is a high class escort

diegotoadstickerdiegotoadstickerabout 3 years ago

A sad tale, well written. He never truly gets any closure. I have to say that you’ve written one of the coldest and cruel wives I seen here. Bit I liked the read. Thanks

RanDog025RanDog025about 2 years ago

Still waiting for this author to write a good story!

angiquesophieangiquesophieabout 2 years agoAuthor

Don't hold your breath, darling.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

To randog25....still waiting for you to put out a story, untill you do, i suggest a different tact in your opinions.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyalmost 2 years ago

Very unsatisfying...no resolution...almost too real...she hurt him and cared not and gets to go about her day like she did nothing wrong...very unfair, just like life...even the friends didn't chastise her

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 1 year ago

Both characters are insufferable. Just awful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I can see why she was like she was. He doesn't have any real back bone for a woman of her qualities. I didn't understand when she said she loved Him. Nothing else backed up that claim.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It is a shame they divorced. Now they are likely to marry others who do not deserve to become involved in their kind of madness. It would have been better for them to keep each other company in misery indefinitely.

AllNigherAllNigher11 months ago

Very well written and engaging despite the fact I kinda hate all the characters...

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Myriam was and is a saelfish bitch. I don't like that she felt no remorse or guilt, she deserves plenty of emotional pain.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Just hit me hard this chapter, almost as hard as the February Sucks cold hearted betrayal by Linda.

That callous wink at the divorce papers signing, a disdainful dismissal combined with a ‘look at what you’ve given up’, to my mind its filled with contempt. The author has the MC state “It must have been anything but love, I decided.”

Fantastic writing, the obstinately awful character that Myriam became, no way the marriage could survive given that a number among their social circle apparently knew he was the poor wee dupe cuckold, yet she was maintaining its just business and not open to disclosure at all.

5*

Jim

DickSnugfitDickSnugfit3 months ago

In MY book, humiliation is ONLY valid where there is prompt and vengeful retribution!

Also in my book, good-grammar and correct use of English is NOT nit-picking, but IS a simple matter of respect for one's readers, pride in one's own work, presenting it in, an as easy-to-read, and simple-to-absorb (i.e.. correct) format!

There is NO excuse for NOT using the free services of a volunteer editor, or three! You are NOT forced to act on their suggestions, but are free to plough on as you see fit, but nay still benefit from some of their input,

If it only stops ONE embarrassing typo, e.g. "when the prize she had to pay" ?? it nay be worthwhile.

DukeofPaducahDukeofPaducah24 days ago

I found it curious that while the character Bruce seeks some truth in his relationship with Myriam he subverts every opportunity to succeed. To his credit there is not a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth. I like the comparison of Bruce to characters played by Woody Allen in some of his films as made by a previous post. I can see that.

I do hope this author takes the time to juxtapose Myriam’s perspective. I love when that happens. It’s the best.

Fingers are crossed.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userangiquesophie@angiquesophie
1326 Followers
42 years ago I was born near Brussels, the Belgian capital. Since my 15th birthday I live in Amsterdam, where I own a small fashion atelier. We specialize in custom designed corsets and assessories that cater to the exclusive tastes of a wealthy, discreet clientele with a cert...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories