All Comments on 'Knox County Ch. 05'

by Rehnquist

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Excellent story!

Great writing! Characters are three dimensional and come to life. I am enjoying reading about their complex relationships! Can't wait for the follow-up chapters.

barbarajricebarbarajriceabout 15 years ago
Wonderful

I love this Story. So intricate. I am checking each day for a new one. Thank you for posting so quickly. You are doing great with the right amount of each persons story. Can't wait for more!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Well developed and a good pace so far.

You're doing a great job of moving back and forth between the characters, and really letting us get to know them. Good job!

AverageBearAverageBearabout 15 years ago
Really coming together...

... both the story and the characters. This is much more than an erotic tale. It's a multi-faceted, complex creation with just the right pace of character development through dialogue and action. I still think you should give up your day job, Rehnquist! AverageBear in Canada

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
A modern day soap opera

Ok after reading through about half of this story, I had to comment! This is so tastefully and eloquently written that I'm left in a bit of awe. The way you've weaved the characters and their personal stories together is truly a gift. It can be so easy for some to get lost amongst the array of characters but it's perfected in this story and as it continues on, you get sucked more and more into their lives, not knowing what to expect next.

bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
Extremely Well done

I am going to have to start looking more at the Novels and Novellas on the site.

raconteuseraconteuseover 13 years ago
Novel

Yes, a novel and novella, which I don't usually read because they're too long, and because the category is not evident. But this? I read it because it was written by you, Rehnquist, and it's a very fine piece of work, as I knew it would be. I have the measure of you as a writer already. You're tops – so I expect that anything you write will be well-written and worth reading. This is wonderful: complex, interesting and well worth the effort you made, and my response. Thank you, a thousand times. How fabulous to find a good writer who has something to say.

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 13 years ago
Geez

First read. No wonder everyone praises this work. I am commenting chapter by chapter unlike I have ever done before. This is my kind of story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Gosh, even Tim and Aimee almost made me cry. You write pain real well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Oy! da lingo!!

You had Will's new boss say,

"Me and Jerry have already talked, Will. The job's yours if you want it, okay?"

They ain't that many rednecks or even Texans talkin' that bad - 'specially not many Yale law school graduates.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loving it

Still, with as much depth as we are seeing in the other characters, Cynthia is the one who is not really revealing how she feels. Her responses on the phone, her thoughts about David, appear shallow. I hope she really bears it all in the final chapter.

Sassy_th4ngSassy_th4ngabout 10 years ago
Web weaver

Ah the plot is beginning to turn and twist, love what you're doing. More character development as well as introducing what I suspect will be new or soon to be newly main, characters. Yay! Love it! Flipping to 6. Thank you!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
ok

Finally every new scene wasn't about sex.

KarenEKarenEabout 9 years ago
David and Cynthia

I'm not sure how I feel about them getting back together.

I understand how he feels about his part in things, but she still owed him COMMUNICATION before cheating on him!

I guess it's his life, and he will be happier with her than without her then he should go for it.

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorabout 9 years ago
Definitely new

Some transitions and consequences without the same old tired stand byes of violence, revenge or 'happily ever after with someone new'.

A lot of real life in your writing, well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I like every character

Congrats. Another great chapter. Another five out of five. One of the reasons this story works so well is there is some likability to every main character. (Obviously not Elizabeth's bad date.) Also you are doing a great job of making each character stand out. I am never confused by who is talking which is quite an achievement considering all the dialogue. Even some of my favourites likes DQS1 sometimes lose me in long dialogue. If I had to ask for something I would like to see more regret, remorse and reflection from Cynthia. But there is lots of story left. Cheers Steve

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 8 years ago
Second time through....

My only criticism in this work is that she didn't seem too invested in her marriage, and yet these two get back together as if some great love story has taken place. When she was caught, she left and simply moved on in her life, without much emotional impact. Still five stars. Still love it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
BUILDING

Brick by brick Rehnquist the skillful craftsman builds and builds and it leaves you with wonder, but still cannot see what edifice he is erecting.

For you who want more on Cynthia -- it's not needed. Cynthia loves David and wants to be with him. She knows she blew it and realizes she's out with no leg to stand on (compare Tim). David wants nothing to do with her, so she's accepted her fate (divorce) and is struggling to do what she can to make the best of it. She's not prone to deep or over thinking (Tim's wife never occurred to her), so trying to revise hubby to get what she wants or after breakup to try to inveigle her way back in, that's just not her. Reconciliation is too much to hope for. For me, Rehnquist painted her well. And I like her.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Hmmmmm

I don't think I will ever agree with the concept of the husband (or wife in some cases) that has been cheated upon unknowingly taking responsibility for the cheating. There is no indication that Cynthia discussed her issues with David. Even if she was bored, that is no excuse. Get a divorce first.

And the author changed her reasoning part way through. In the first chapter, she wanted to cheat, she was vindictive, she thought nothing of David's feelings other than to hurt him. Then later she says she never meant to hurt him. I'm sorry but that's incompatible with the early chapter.

She even seems to be lying when she's says she loves David. I'm sorry but you don't cheat when you are married to someone you love. Are we supposed to believe that she wasn't thinking of David so it's alright? Well again, she was thinking of him during the early parts of the story. And when you love someone you are always thinking in terms of the other person. There is absolutely no way a sober, sane married person can cheat without thinking of the spouse. She cheated for months.

The only reason she did it was because she didn't love her husband they way she is supposed to love a spouse. Now that he is gone she wants the stability and comfort. She misses what she had. I don't buy that's it's because she loves him.

Why is the author trying to make us feel sorry for her? I hope this makes sense in the end, but I have a feeling it's just an RAAC.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Kind of makes sense, . . .

a character that wants to have her cake and eat it too, created by an author who wants to create a whore and make her a saint at the same time. That's contradiction, not suspense. You make a character that is impossible to relate to and understand, you create a story that is not compelling, just puzzling, then obnoxious.

She sucks Sean's cock the first day on the job. You obviously cannot relate the series of events that had her become one of Tim's sluts without revealing she's just another selfish self-absorbed pampered slut, with a fool for a husband. And its partly his fault? Guess it takes one to know one.

Too bad you can't include the artwork to go along with this cartoon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
THIS TIME

...still agree with my comment last time.

5 stars.

Again.

Paul in Oklahoma

ohyessssssohyessssssalmost 4 years ago
Not likely

Fantasy land. I’m sure some people buy this. I don’t happen to be one of them.

ohyessssssohyessssssalmost 4 years ago
Just saying

David decided he didn’t want to be with a group of whores, but he also decided he wants his wife whore who’s been fucking some man whore every week for six months, back. She also sucks off her new employer on the very first day she meets him. And, she goes south with the starch. What a sweet woman. Sorry man. I have really enjoyed the other stories I have read, but this laughable.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Trade??

David wants back with the whore wife who lied and betrayed him; trading in the sluts who are at least HONEST in their whoredom!!! David is a CUCK!!!!

Cuck stories never get over 2 STARS!!!!

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitover 3 years ago

Ugh...not interested in the rest of it.....David taking the cheating whore back was just too much.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

understanding and communicating, talking, say what you mean and mean what you say. No hints no ambiguity no assuming the other person knows what your saying or even understands what you saying. UNDERSTAND????

RimmerdalRimmerdalabout 3 years ago

Gods this is slow. Educational to a degree but slow.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Another great chapter. I did miss the long detailed sex scenes.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Maybe getting better towards the end. Not too many here with good character…just flawed people like most of humanity. Guess that’s what makes it real. Four stars ⭐️.

AnonymousAnonymous3 days ago

A lot was his fault?

Bullshit. She's an adult with a voice and reason. She can talk to her husband before she starts getting ass fucked by the cop in a school parking lot on the regular.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous