All Comments on 'Grandmother's Secret'

by KarennaC

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
Calit69Calit69about 15 years ago
Well done

A sad and damning indictment of the period. Had an aunt in similar circumstances.Yonks ago. A good read. I would probably not have been so lenient in terms of seeking retribution.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
well done story

a well done story . . my own family was touch by a similar scandal back in the 1920's . . the resultant child was my father

marine55rickmarine55rickabout 15 years ago
A great story

Congratulations on a wonderful, albeit short, story. I am a student of the 1940's era and understand the mentality that you wrote of. I had pondered for some time now about writing a short erotic story about this era myself and you may have inspired me to actually do it...

Keep up the good work!

bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
Well Written and Conceived

Sometimes we berate the things that happen nowadays but then we can look back and see the same problems with worth solutions in the old days.

Basically it is important to have amore open mind.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Well done!

A very well written and thought provoking piece.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Nicely done

All too true.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

it was well written and nice

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
she needed

to send copies to everyone who knew that asshole.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

That diary, or copies of it, should have been posted on the net and everyone that knew her or old Thad sent a copy and the web link too.

chytownchytownalmost 11 years ago
Well Written***

But not a complete story to me!! Thanks for sharing what little bit you did.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Wow

Quite powerful and moving tale. They were different times and different values. But one thing stayed the same. Evil people do evil things to innocent people. And sometimes you never really know someone until they are gone. I am the perfect example and my life is screwed forever.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Short Shrift

And then? - sorry but this story seems to be too short by half.

FrancoKGFrancoKGover 4 years ago

Well..frankly speaking! This is a sad story, especially since it's common that such blasphemy happens to ladies all the time.

MEN :-/

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 3 years ago

The diary isn't the only explanation he needs. He needs to hear from the family what happened to them. Horace didn't deserve to be so ill treated. She never gave him a chance or a child. Such a waste of life.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous