All Comments on 'Molly & Marilyn & Me Ch. 03'

by coaster2

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
rooster1rooster1about 15 years ago
Too easy

A reconciliation for me. After the dumping on Tory & never bothering to make a single call to Tory or her parents tells me that she only cared for herself, others were only noticed for what they could do for Marilyn & afte they did she dumped them. My feeling is that she'll dump tory again it seems to be in her nature & I don't believe she wants to change her basic nature.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
beautifully written!

[But, just who is "Warren", anyway??? (Sorry, couldn't resist!)] The story is absolutely wonderful. Unique, on so many levels, and thoroughly entertaining to read.

-- KK in Texas

marklionmarklionabout 15 years ago
Great Story!!!

I like the way you enter the story with Tory and Marilyn getting back together again and finally marrying. I like the way you described how the diet pills had changed her and her moods. That is the truth about diet pills especially the ones with amphetamines because of the way they throw off your system completely. Good story around

librarian_jimlibrarian_jimabout 15 years ago
A quibble about the diet pills

Your description of the effects of the diet pills on Marilyn was very good, but nobody with a habit such as

you depicted would have been able to quit that easily.

If she'd told Tory she'd thrown away the pills spent six weeks in rehab and joined a 12 step group it would have been closer to the minimum it would have really taken

for her to stay off the pills.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
This is an erotic story?

It's my first time to this web site. I was expecting Penthouse forum type stuff. I clicked on this story because it won a prize, must be good! No, no it wasn't. It's the worst dime-store romance novel crap. This had to be written by a woman. Tory is so effeminate. Also, the opening is very confusing. No explanation of what he's doing, who he is talking about (I thought it was Molly, until I reread it twice), and bounces aimlessly from one time frame to another.

The biggest disappointment is there's no sex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
So close but fell apart in the end.

The story was going so well right up until the ending and then it all fell apart. She is using speed for that long and then just stopped all at once. He forgave her yet again, until the next time she wants to crap on him. Your writing is very good but your story lines need some work. anon jerry

bigguy323bigguy323almost 14 years ago
The story has several problems. First, your "hero" is a mope. I mean REALLY.

He sits on his butt for months then casually picks up two chubby but pretty girls on the pretext of helping them. Then he DOES help them finally making up his mind to go for the "shy girl", who turns out to be wierdo druggie.

So, he rolls up into a ball emotionally (again) and just mopes. Marilyn is a skank and a druggie. I agree with another comment that you don't just "decide" to stop using these drugs. Her character is completely screwed and he should RUN, screaming into the night before he hooks up with this crazy bitch.

JeffTomJeffTomalmost 13 years ago
I Don't Know

Burned twice. I don't thing I would jump at it again for quite some time!

Maybe just date for a year or so.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Gotta say..no way charlie.

She is definitely a loser..why take her back after being burnt so badly. Best to kiss it off as a losing cause and move on. Let someone else tilt with the windmill.

Sidney43Sidney43almost 12 years ago

Wow, so many negative comments about Marilyn's character. One poster called her a skank, possibly just because she had sex a few times while away working. Is she supposed to be celibate or something, is it OK for Tory to have sex, but not Marilyn? I suppose you can pick at how easily????? she got off the pills in the plot line, but the story does not really talk about how hard it was to do, nor how many she was taking daily. I liked the story, nice characters and a good story line as usual, with a happy ending thrown in.

OldmarriedtarOldmarriedtarover 10 years ago
I liked the story but

I would have liked it more if Marilyn's turn around had come at a cost that directly impacted her. I am a true believer in the power of the mind but you need conviction and the ability to be HONEST with yourself. Marilyn has NOT shown the ability to be honest with herself. So what caused her turn around? SEX? Not a snowball chance in Hell. I gave up believing in the power of sex over 60 years ago.

Scotsman69Scotsman69over 10 years ago
Lovely tale.

Thank you.

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
Interesting Dark Story

with a Fairy Tale ending. Good images and moments. The thing is that we do not know if Marilyn has gotten over being important and in the swim of things. The fact that her eyes were clear and she was smiling when she arrived bothers me a bit. I would expect her to have a more hang-dog look. Enjoyed it though. Good Work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
NICE

A good love story, have a hard time believing that I am saying such a thing. Men just are not normally into this but you pulled me in all the way and I found it to be fun. Hoped for a happy ending but found it hard to expect.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
two things stand out

Amphetamines are definitely addictive, no one just says "Oh, I don't think I'll do them anymore" and stops just like that.

He proposes to her and she holds out her RIGHT HAND for the ring?

The story is set North America, where an engagement ring is traditionally worn on the left hand.

Wearing engagement and wedding rings on the right often symbolizes a gay or lesbian marriage, or an openness to cheating, at least in western Europe and North America.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Your characters

are always too fast to forgive and forget.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
So What??

Anonymous: Yes, we certainly don't want to encourage love, kindness, and an understanding that we are all very flawed individuals. Everybody who reads more than one of Coaster's stories knows he likes happy endings, lots of love and tenderness and redemption for us fallible humans. That is certainly why I read almost everything he writes. I am sorry for you that you find forgiveness too saccharine or else I missed that everything in your life is absolutely perfect and there is never a mistake so there is no need for these character traits. Anyway, I wish you the best. I hope that some day you will learn the joy of someone else forgiving and forgetting a transgression of yours.

In the meantime, thanks to coaster for another heartwarming tale of how real life can still be joyous with the understanding of our fellow creatures.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Love it!

I know lots of folks are not happy with happy endings, I love them.

flarebel2327flarebel2327about 5 years ago
finally

we have a story that doesn't leave the readers wondering what more

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago
Happy ending

not much more to say, it all happened the way it should...............great story

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

Great love story, at one point I was wondering if their love would survive. But in the end she stopped her self destructive ways and came back to her family and Tory. The story in the end had that happily ever after and I don't believe for a moment that she would ever return to her previous ways. Story was well written and great character development. Well done Coaster2. 5 stars

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous