All Comments on 'Flight to Sanity'

by PostScriptor

Sort by:
  • 42 Comments
cageyteecageyteeabout 15 years ago
A very good story!

I especially liked the initial setting and your conclusion is a good one. My twisted imagination, however, thinks there are a multitude of alternate endings to this tale.

KOTKKOTKabout 15 years ago
PS

You have set a new trend in "Non-Erotic" stories. I must admit you are "Master" in "Non-Erotic" stories. I told you earlier you have raised the expectation bar. As far as this story is concerned, well another fine stroke from your pen. PS, you are going straight to my favorite author's list. Eager to read more from you & wish you more success.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Another good read

from one of my new favorite authors. Thanks again.

bruce22bruce22about 15 years ago
Really enjoyable

For me, this is closer to Loving Wives than to Non-erotic (the hot re-encounter of the couple was erotic for me, even her encounter with her would-be lover was erotic) but anyway

it was an exciting tension building, interesting and believable tale. Thanks to PS

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
What a nice respite from the wimp hubbie and

slut wives written by british writers bent on public humility

Orion623Orion623about 15 years ago
Nifty Idea

After most airplane crashes the media is usually able to find one or two individuals who were unable to make the flight. To take that kind of information and link it with marital dissatisfaction and potential infidelity is quite novel. The author has produced a number of excellent stories recently and is clearly on a roll.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
I Enjoyed It...

A good story through out, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Nice story

.I am glad to see that you are "back in the saddle" again.Has anyone ever commented that your style of writing is similar to that of SoCal Ovid?

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 15 years ago
This could turn into a movie

Intense and emotionally loaded; add the thrilling elements of the flight crush and the wife's 'other relations' all weaved together - and you have enough for at least a base line for a script for an exiting movie. I enjoyed reading this story very much.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 15 years ago
I just now found this story - a good one!

In some ways this was predictable, but still a very good read. The good came out good and the perp met his well earned fate. Good story!

peteinchicagopeteinchicagoabout 14 years ago
Great Story

though now Frank's stuck with his slut of a wife. She cheats, but blames him because he's emotionally unavailable while she's out dating her soon to be lover. Am I the only one who considers her dating, going to another man's house and kissing/letting him feel her up to be cheating? Hell, if she communicated with her husband like she communicated with her almost lover then maybe she'd be happier. If the bitch was that bored then she should have gotten a damn job so hubby didn't have to put in the hours to support her lazy ass! Neighbor had more kids and still managed to work a part time job. Good story but the characters were not very likable

0649d0649dover 13 years ago
you are a master in this genre!

But I think this is closer to "loving wives" cos there's plenty of cheating (at least emotional cheating). Non-erotic would mean you'd skip the sex and just say it happened instead of describing it; and that would not do justice to the forage into cheating that the wife was getting into.

Your writing hits the nail on a lot of things. There is so much trust and emotions involved that marriage demands that a little imbalance can throw someone off the plot! Women too easily think that "nothing will happen" but then you only have to look at how many crimes or divorces or accidents happen where they are victims because they thought "nothing will happen". It's not realistic, and is a bad attitude. Most husbands are INSTINCTIVELY protective of their wives for this reason; those who aren't and those who cheat don't deserve to be married! (That said, few men keep their wives if they cheat). You should never go off alone with someone of the opposite sex because you think "nothing will happen". Anything can happen. You can have sex or be falsely accused of sexual harassment!

If the husband had come back from the airport and found she was having sex with someone else, he would have been so upset because of the hassle was having to go through everyday only for a cheating wife that he would probably have taken the children and disappeared while everyone thought he was dead! In fact I was suspecting you'd write that.. oh well, haha..

The irony with the lawyers at the end .. and also at the start with his boss delaying his journey to the airport (and thank goodness for that!) are all nice touches too! Wow! Makes you look at life differently, even as a reader! Thanks for the story!

bigguy323bigguy323over 13 years ago
She cheated in her heart.

So, she is a slut in waiting. Waiting until the next time she feels lonely, or unappreciated or what ever emotion she gets. It may be years, but she'll cheat.....

BriteaseBriteaseover 13 years ago
Nice one

We all love a happy ending, don't we. well mostly! Ta! Nice one to end the night on, and now I'm going to bed. Thanks mate.

northlandernorthlanderabout 13 years ago
Fine Story

And there but for the grace of god go many. My own feeling is that many relationships that are slipping are saved by events that make a person sit down and say 'Why am I doing this, there are more important thingin life" Certainly applies to me and I would suspect lots of people. A really good tale of such an event and what people make of it. The only thing I would disagree with is the money, any insurance company I've dealt with would sue to get it back at the drop of a hat.

xtremeddxtremeddabout 13 years ago
OK, others have weighed in on their reaction, my response.

PS,

Truth, stranger than fiction. This is fiction though right? Comments seemed to have feeling this is not.

Great story PS, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thanks for sharing on Lit.

x

shuttlepilotshuttlepilotalmost 12 years ago
Richard

got off too easily.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago
Loved it

Just have to wonder whether the wife should have made her own confession. She did a bit more than just flirt. Five stars. Loved the happy ending.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
Shock is a life changer -

Sometimes for good sometimes not -

This time it seems for the good - hopefully she truly learned from her luck and stupidity that selfish is not part of a partnership.

Another nice story - thanks -

ohyessssssohyessssssover 9 years ago
correction

You said his wife had nearly fallen into the arms of another man. The fact is , she did fall into the arms of another man. She made out wih him extensively. She allowed him to finger her pussy and asscrack. She cheated. Her husband took his blame. She did not. We need kharma to step un and even the score.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Hmmm

Not fond of this. She still cheated on her husband and never came clean to him about it. I don't really think a relationship with such issues could ever be a healthy one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
4.5?

Would be cool if ownership of cheating were on the people who made the vows. Instead Richard gets super seducer mind control and the women never address themselves. A possible chapter 2 for such a great story weaver otherwise.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
A Marriage Of Lies Is Not A Marriage

I gave a deserved 5 stars because the story was excellently written. But I am making my position known. Frank's wife was cheating on him at the time of the plane crash. You say that she never had sex with Richard. Is that what constitutes cheating? I think not! Anything she let Richard do to her that they couldn't do in front of Frank or her children constituted cheating. Would she allow Richard to shove his tongue down her throat in front of Frank or the kids? What about his hands under her tennis skirt squeezing her ass or rubbing her nipples? Or fingering her? I saw absolutely no remorse expressed to her husband. She let him shoulder all of the blame for their lackluster marriage. I honestly think she will cheat again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Sure, contrived and scripted, with all the convenient coincidences, . . .

but still very entertaining and enjoyable. Their marriage was shallow and tenuous, the typical mediocre marriage. And we know how many mediocre marriages end up! So the near death plane crash is a perfect opportunity for the two spouses to grow up and grow closer. Let's hope it lasts. If you don't have time for your family, then it won't be long before you don't have a family.

Thanks for the inspiration.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
There are a lot of brainless commenters here.

She didn't have sex with the guy you idiots. That is what matters. Just because she was leaning on this guy for emotional support didn't not make her a cheater. She came close to cheating but she stopped. These idiots are the ones who brainlessly voted for Donald Trump! There is no hope for them. They will start to complain soon when Donald doesn't go forward with his campaign promises such as charging the Clinton bitch with a criminal offence. Us Bernie supporters wish he would.

TalonsreachTalonsreachabout 6 years ago
Let the dominoes fall

Though short on dialogue and parts just thrown together this story was entertaining with enough twists and turns (the aforementioned parts) to make if fun to read all the way to the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
While I did like the story, too much ...

Deus ex machina. Yes, plane crashes do happen, but they are infrequent (considering how many flights there are on any given day) and landings are more dangerous than take off) That being said, an (almost) traffic accident would have worked for Frank, though not for Rachel.

As for Richard, someone should have written his story, to make other women aware of him and his scam.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Loved it

Contrived? Yes. But so well written I didn't mind.

And the longer the story went on the less contrived. Richard's day of reckoning was a nice closure.

But the wife accepting the 50K payout was an amusing twist that was definitely not contrived.

All in all an entertaining well crafted story.

Thanks for writing.

StormKing33StormKing33almost 6 years ago
5* Nicely Done

Realistic drifting of a couple followed by a couple's epiphany along with humor. Liked it!!!

tazz317tazz317almost 6 years ago
IF SANITY MEANS LIVING

I think Big Dick had better use his frequent flyers, TK U MLJ LV NV

Tiger27Tiger27about 5 years ago
Two things!

1. Rachel should have informed the lawyers that her husband was alive, but then again with Frank's cum still leaking from her ass and pussy I guess we shouldn't blame the girl too much. and ...

2. Richard got off far to easily. He (Richard) should have had his balls and cock surgically removed (by a veterinary friend of Doris's husband), and his face smash to the point that no plastic surgeon could put it back together again. Too harsh you say? Harsh would be Richard being the occupant at the bottom of a 650 foot abandoned mine shaft. Just my two cents. Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
she did cheat.

To the anon that said she didn't cheat and then brings Trump into the discussion just because there was no intercourse does not mean she did not cheat. Emotionally she was deep into Richard having conversations she didn't have with her husband. She was having an emotional affair at the least. Then all of the physical contact including the kissing was intimacy that should be reserved for her husband. If your spouse was doing this you would accept it and not be angry or concerned? If you knew would you allow your spouse to continue seeing Richard and make out and get felt up as long as they went no further?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Rachel was damn lucky she didn't have to get a job AND take care of her kids. No tennis dates and the like This could really happen, and she should be ashamed thinking how "deprived" she was. Get a job, bitch, and take care of your family's needs, too. You'll have a whole new outlook!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Classic failing marriage where the husband puts his job before his family effectively having an affair with his work. Marriage saved by a plane crash.

lujon2019lujon2019almost 3 years ago

Two points

1 Rachel is a whore and should burn in hell

2 why is it if

a man works too hard to earn money for his family his is a *

a man doenst work hard enough and spends time with his family he is a *

a man works just the right amount of time and spends just the right amount of time with his family he is a *

*

*

asshole who never spends the right amount of time/effort/money on hi wife and deserves to be cheated on

/

/

Im thinking its not the guy who has the problem

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good story but why was Richard let off, to continue his predatory life in another town, with another married woman? He sorely needed to be seriously incapacitated, so that he was no longer able to continue his life style! Also, Rachel's deceit remains her secret. Poor Frank. He just has to wait till she gets another bug up her ass for her to go all the way, with someone new! 3*s

Wolfgang1955Wolfgang1955over 2 years ago

Some of you guys must really hate your ex--wifes.

LwcbyLwcbyover 2 years ago

Wolfgang1955, why don’t you try having her calling your work until you lose your job, then take all of your cash out of your box you use to pay clients who only deal with cash, then have her take the rest of your money out of your account. After you lose your job, second job because of no cash, then your house, then your truck, and end up living in a fucking van doing manual labor, you can talk about us that hate the bitches!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

[Reflecting, that if Frank was too focused on his job and work, it was only intended to benefit his family, to make their, her, life easier. Her flirtation with infidelity was narcissistic; it was all about her, her desire for more affection and intimacy. But rather than to confront Frank about the problem, even if it meant demanding his attention, she had almost fallen into the arms of another man.]

=====> Look their marriage had serious problems. He was by his own admission neglecting his family and not honoring his vows to love, cherish and honor. I can resonate with that because I did it for a number of years to my family.

But. And this a big BUT. She absolutely cheated. And that is not even including her premeditated decision to have sex with Richard that very morning of the crash because she was fed up and her husband was in too much of a hurry to listen to her.

Worse she showed little to no effort to make clear how unhappy she was or to get him to talk with her and hash things out. That is what my wife did. No she had nothing to do with another guy. But she called me out on the carpet and made her concerns and her fears known, and finally told me I had to choose: my 70 hour work weeks at my company or her and my two kids. That made me sit up and listen. Sure we argued some but it became clear to me that I was not fulfilling my obligations. And yes our sexual intimacy had waned between us. How could it not with all my working, my stress, her feeling neglected, her chasing the kids by herself, etc? Anyways that was my come to Jesus moment. And you know what we worked it out. While I was culpable in bringing our marriage to the edge, my wife had the courage to fight for our marriage. Rachel did not.

Rachel had already cheated when she went to Richard's apartment and had a passionate kiss, let alone the next time with going to second base, and then finally her descent into wilful adultery (planned but not executed because of the plane crash). I am happy that a near tragedy and brush with death made then realize what they were losing or could have lost.

But Rachel did not fight for her marriage, did not confront her husband about his work, had already cheated and would have been embroiled in a multimonth affair, and never told her husband about Richard. In fact if she had gone through with the affair and had it run its course she would have developed emotional feelings for Richard and he would dump her after 3-6 months, after he had his way with her body, and even if she kept it secret from her workaholic husband, their marriage would never be the same and would be on life support. And knowing how she thought about Richard, she would have probably cheated again after a short hiatus.

In such situations, the workaholic spouse is so locked in to what they are doing that the only hope is for the non-workaholic spouse to confront and get their partner to get their head of of their arse. Seriously Rachel got away with everything, never came clean, and if not for the deus ex machina tragedy of the plane crash, she was going to kill her marriage either outright (discovery) or poison it over time (more likely scenario).

Would have liked to see that she sought out therapy on her own to deal with her emotional and her weaknesses. Reconciliation suffered because it was under somewhat false pretenses as if the crash snapped both of them out of their rut and restored her sanity.

It is perfectly acceptable to be upset with a workaholic spouse. And the whole ball game changes if she had spent a long time and a lot of effort to get him to snap out of it. She didn't. Ergo while he planted the seeds with his screwed up career priorities, her hubris and sin was much greater. If she had confronted him and he refused, that changes everything. Cheating still sucks then but at some point the if the workaholic doesn't reform, their marriage is dying anyways.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

...It wasn't a decision she was making lightly. She knew that if they ended up at his house, they would probably have sex. She would become one of those women, desperate, in a complacent marriage, reduced to having an affair.

It was something that she never thought would be possible, she loved Frank too much. But she was weary; she needed the affection and emotional support that Frank hadn't been giving her for at least a year, if not longer. She realized she had been increasingly been relying on Richard for that support instead...

Uggh. Have to agree with previous poster. Yes Frank had been a workaholic and not prioritized his family and marriage, but she is upset because it has been more than a year? So that means she was "out of touch" with her husband for more than six months due to his working for the family (and not something jsut for his benefit btw, nor is it by any means fun), and then she starts an emotional affair that has already gone on for six months, and had become physical in the last few weeks, only to jump to her going over a THIRD time to his apartment, this time for premeditated adultery. Wtf? She is not trustworthy. What did she do to communicate her dissatisfaction? Did they argue? Did she make demands? Even threats? Request for counseling? Besides in the course of six or more months, if you know your spouse is working for the FAMILY, she should be able to handle that before escalating, and without getting sucked into an emotional affair. The fact that she just buries it after the plane crash, and never confesses or even seeks out a therapist is disconcerting. She even recognized her flawed reasoning and that she was being narcissistic. But does she do anything to address that serious character flaw to prevent future woes? No. She just moves on with her marriage and lives HEA. To be fair the premeditated cheating but stopped due to unknown intervention, strange circumstances, or chickening out is realistic. But what is not realistic is the HEA ending. Oh sure she would get away with it, but her own guilt should be hammering her for some time. She had an emotional affair for six months. And pla Ned to bang the predator that very morning because she got extra ticked off that Frank didn't say goodbye or kiss her as he departed in a rush. Seeing Ellen later that afternoon wouldn't be enough. Nope she had to shaggy Richard, who being skilled and uninhibited with sex would have sucked her into a doom spiral of a multimonth affair and her falling in love with him. She did not have the moral character to last six plus months of Frank busting his ass, before getting ensnared in an emotional affair, and another six months later, during which btw was significantly further poisoned by her ongoing emotional affair (let's call a spade, a spade), she was about to become a cheating slut (well she was already a cheater, so an adulterous slut). Therefore there is no way she had the moral character to break it up with Richsrd after having sex with him once or twice out of guilt. Nope she would keep going back until she became another Darla. Difference is I doubt Frank would take her back after say a 6-12 month twice a week affair with his wife. Nope it took the plane crash tragedy to shake her out of her stupor. Imagine if the plane incident was less severe? Little scary but not that directly catastrophic. What then? She would be banging Richard. Frank would probably self analyze his faults before ahe would, and ahe would be so enamored with Richard that he woukd try to reach back to her and she woukd drift away. She already had emotionally with her six month long emotional affair. I get that if he is a workaholic then he is setting his marriage up for failure. But seriously. Fight for your marriage. Argue, entice, beg, confront, even threaten (eventually) to get the workaholics head out of their ass. But if you cheat without doing all these things then you are responsible for all the sh$t that follows, even if it only means poisoning your marriage form the inside in secret and being affected by guilt and shame that you take to your grave because your spouse never found out. That is on you as being the coward. Your job in such a situation, regardless of gender is to first support your working spouse, but if it gets to be too much and is becoming toxic, then you need to get them yo realize what they are giving up or the damage in their wake. But making it morally equivalent to cheating is not appropriate. Rachel is untrustworthy and disappointed that (unlike real life, where Chester's often get away with it) there is no light shed on her actions and her repugnant behavior. Not saying she cannot be forgiven, but she gets a free pass via the plane crash aftermath. 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

The bitch Richard should have had his balls damaged. Now he just moves to another place to seduce a new bunch of bitches. Cunt Rachel got lucky

AnonymousAnonymous16 days ago

This is a decent tale that is well written and how it unfolded. A scenario that is believable with the reactions to their lifes situation is pretty accurate..4 stars..JZK

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous