All Comments on 'Redemption Ch. 03'

by chezshirecat

Sort by:
  • 97 Comments
zed0zed0about 15 years ago
The only good thing. . .

. . .about this story is that there are no children. It's important that wimps do not breed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
I'm still reading

I do not know how well I like it, it has its strong and weak points as a story, but I am curious to see where it goes. I'm still reading

Tail End PeteTail End Peteabout 15 years ago
What's with all the short chapters???

Let's wrap this up a little quicker if you please. And, oh yeah, nice story. Too bad he's all wrapped up in himself.

Tail End Pete

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Be able to redeem herself after a 6 month affair?

Oh I get it now. We just didn't give Hitler a good enough chance to redeem himself.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Be able to redeem herself after a 6 month affair?

Oh I get it now. We just didn't give Hitler a good enough chance to redeem himself.

JADED_ONE1969JADED_ONE1969about 15 years ago
Some good some bad.

Well this is a well written story and beats the hell out of the cuck stories in this section. Is he a wimp? possibly, but the husband maybe dying and you know that saying? "The better the devil you know?" Well this applies here. Annie I guess will go her own way or ened up as some kind of sister to Drew and Paige as well. I am not sure I could forgive someone for having a six month affair even if they did prove they still loved me. Of course he could have both of them at the same time! Anyway looking forward to the next chapter.

fregenfregenabout 15 years ago
Not perfect but I like it

I particularly liked what Annie said: "Good people make bad mistakes every day. It's how they redeem themselves that matters in the end." <P>

I was never of the opinion that marriages should always stay intact despite egregious actions of their partner.<P>

But, on the other hand, is redemption never possible? Is it not possible that someone can sin and truly regret it? That even living a faultless life afterwards will never atone for having sinned?<P>

I find that a very bleak outlook on life.<P>

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Only wimps can forgive?!?!?!??

Too many readers believe only wimps forgive. I disagree, it takes alot to forgive someone the hurts they have caused. The real wimps arethose afraid to forgive, those who hold onto their judgmental mentality and to compare Hitler to a cheating spouse??? Quit smoking the chronic

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
First rate

This really is first rate story telling.

KOTKKOTKabout 15 years ago
little disappointed.

by the short chapter. If you haven't finished this story then it's fine. I think Drew is going to survive the cancer & will take Paige back as his wife. Annie & Paige must have decided about it in the hospital so Annie got out of the picture. Given all the circumstances, I guess story is going that way. Waiting to see what's going to happen next & hope the next one is not so short.

KOTKKOTKabout 15 years ago
little disappointed.

by the short chapter. If you haven't finished this story then it's fine. I think Drew is going to survive the cancer & will take Paige back as his wife. Annie & Paige must have decided about it in the hospital so Annie got out of the picture. Given all the circumstances, I guess story is going that way. Waiting to see what's going to happen next & hope the next one is not so short.

Dr_KnowDr_Knowabout 15 years ago
top notch story

Excellent flow. Nice play off of the charaters against each other.

Of course Paige is still a cheating slut. Hopefully he survives and ends up with Anne.

DrallDrallabout 15 years ago
A lovely story!

Thank you for a deeply emotional story!I hope they can get back together and that somehow he beats the cancer(as I have).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
REDEMTION

HOPE IT ISN'T FINISHED LOOKING FORWARD TO A TWIST AND AT LEAST ANOTHER LONG CHAPTER.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Good, but....

as a reader, I get the feeling you are dragging this out, perhaps for the rush you get from reading comments after every chapter. It lessens the pleasure of the story. Most of us can handle three page chapters, at least. We don't have a Navy Seal in this story, so we use the "sick with cancer" device. Nothing drives home the love of a wayward women like seeing her first love die. So guys, keep that in mind. Want to get revenge on the cheating slut? Go get some horrible disease, or have a crippling accident. That'll show 'em!

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 15 years ago
Reconcialtion revolves around 1 Key issue

The author continues to use Drew's cancer as an excuse so that any meaningful conversation between Paige and Drew never occurs and thus ANY reconciliation -- even if it's just as friends-- seems absurd. I have not read such shallow dialogue and interaction between husband and wife in a serious LW story since the old stories of Blue88.!

<br></br>

The conversations between Paige and Drew in this chapter shows a wife is STILL really fucked up in the head and apparently is incapable of rational thought. Even worse is the husbands perpetual self-flagellation when he did absolutely nothing wrong in a marriage or or the relationship was justified Paige long term emotional and sexual affair with Alan. Twice in this wretched chapter Drew is directly blaming himself for causing/contributing to Paige's affair. Really it is quite revolting.

<br></br>

Take this bit the conversation. <i>"Why do you keep mentioning him? Drew, don't you think if I'd wanted to be with Alan instead of you, I could have been with him these past two years?"</i>

<br></br>

Um maybe because you fucked Alan for 6 months while shutting down your husband? Hello McFly?!

<br></br>

Even more absurd is that Paige admits she had been hoping that over the last two years she wanted Drw to take her back ...even though she had no contact with Drew! Apparently she is operating under the impression that Drew is a mind reader.

<br></br>

Finally the issue is not whether or not any reconciliation is or is not justified. It is NOT my place to say. Sure I have an opinion on this But after all this author's story.

<br></br>

<b>The ultimate issue for me is that the author HAS to address the main point of contention from Chapter 1. When Paige learned what was bothering Drew why he under such stress -- that there might be layoffs company -- Paige STILL continued her affair with Alan. The self centered cow can NOW say in sickness and in health blah blah blah but 2 + years ago Drew was in trouble she cheated on him and ignored him then didnt stop. </b>

<br></br>

Until THAT point is discussed and resolved anything else is BS

bruce22bruce22about 15 years ago
Good Chapter

Enough facts to string us along and maintain the attention of the readers. If you do not like short chapters wait until the whole story has been published. The question of forgiveness is far from the most important, the question of trust is far more difficult to resolve, and frequently both love and lust are very sensitive to the trust factor.

It seems strange that Harry to complain about his questioning her about why she did not stay with Alan. Remember he read her journal and apparently the only new event was Drew's decision to divorce her, so it does seem to me to be a normal question since for many it would be the natural answer to his gambit. Also don't forget he is trying to take care of her in the future which makes a nice counterpoint to her taking care of him now... Of course. apparently the divorce is leaking... My thanks to the author, who seems to be relatively new on the site and may not know about our peculiar reactions to stories....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Bottom rate!

Here is a selection from one of the most stupid paragraphs in Literotica –EVER!!! “…I hadn't exactly given Paige any chances to redeem herself after her affair, but hell, she could have forced the issue if she'd wanted. Maybe all of this was God's way of punishing me for that while giving Paige her chance to repent….There were times I hadn't been understanding and possibly even harsh. Maybe God was punishing me for not being a better husband. Who knew?...” Get it? Good, because it’s Gibberish to me. She cheated on him then when he is about to die she feels guilty and sorry for him and herself and he? He feels guilty too! LOL. And Now they are playing THE REDEEMED SINNER TURNED HOLY NURSE and PATIENT game. It has NOTHING to do with how or why she behaved towards him as a wife. This is a pure HUMANITARIAN thing ANYONE would do for ANY sick person. Using REDEMPTION and GOD is an insult to religion and HAS NOTHING to do with the way she treated him when they were married. This MUST be another author!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
very melodramatic

please let the poor guy die in peace. he had a wife who just liked to play away. he has a girlfriend who can't have sex at all because of her past. he has cancer and a lot of medication so he won't be able to have sex at all. so please let him die in peace and the feeling there are 2 women who love me. otherwise he has to find out he can't satisfy his ex-wife anyway. he could not when he was healthy. a little bit of stamina he would have again after he would be cured but with his girlfriend there would never be any contact at all. so please be merciful and give him a rest.

lancewmlancewmabout 15 years ago
Great chapter

Well written. Smooth flow. The main characters bring out an ex husband and wife interaction that is different from anything I have experienced in life or seen in others. However, just because it is different from my life and preferences does not mean it is not a good story. Amusing that anonymous below says one of the story paragraphs is the worst ever on this site because it is unintelligible, and Harryin VA says the shallow dialogue and interaction between husband and wife is the worst ever. Amazing exaggerations given some of the awful stuff that has been published here. Only goes to show you how some of us are really commenting on our own narrowness and not on the story.

v_heartsv_heartsalmost 15 years ago
Waiting for a new chapter

I was a bit surprised to see a story by you after so long but I hope this doesn't end up as one of the never finished stories on the site that just leave the reader hanging...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
1st rate

a compelling story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Love it

I will be waiting for chapter 4. So far I love it, just enough suffering and pity. I will be looking for more work from you. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Good to hear from you again

This is a good story, although the situation you chose to write about didn't really lend itself to "erotic" moments. Regarding the ex-wife's journal as a tool for advancing the plot, I don't think it is believable that someone, particularly a married woman, would go into detail in a journal concerning the sex they had with a lover. If she recorded evidence of such acts at all it would probably just be a brief coded reference like "saw him today". Frankly, I don't see much point in continuing this story. That said, let me add that I loved your story "Innocent Sins", and I very much hope you will post more stories like it. Thanks for taking the trouble to share, and I hope the terminal cancer patient idea is not autobiographical.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
More?

Very enjoyable. Stirred up plenty of emotion. Is there another chapter? Indeed, what about Annie? Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Beautifully written Story

Well written story. Drew may have terminal cancer, but He still has two attractive women anxious to be nurse maids to him. Heartwarming story, but I do wish you would give Drew half a brain. I get so tired of braindead husbands, I can almost understand why weak willed wives end up cheating on them.

the Ct. Yankee

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
The "Bottom rate!" signer has it wrong.

It is a shame that God, any God, all Gods are stuck with being interpreted and defined by mere humans, most often to suit themselves. "Bottom rate!" appears to be a good example of that. H'mmn, Both God (if God there be) and humans are far more complex entities than "Bottom rate!" comprehends.

<P>

Given how long its been since the author's previous posts I hope this is in no way autobiographical. Next I hope he writes and posts the rest of it.

<P>

People as individuals and as a group continuously vacillate through the realm of human possibility. What that means is that we are all capable of all levels of any human condition without any forewarning. Any of us can be good and evil, stupid and intelligent and any other pair of opposed human traits simultaneously.

<P>

<I>-- srgeek --</I>

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
MY WORST FEARS CAME TRUE

The wife is a selfish stupid lying cunt. The husband can't father any children because he obviously has not ball what so ever. Did you actually read the last 1/2 page of dialogue that you wrote? What crap!! Some of your stuff is so good but this is just shit published under your name. Justify the entire story by explaining that he also had cancer in his brain and is just insane/stupid. You cannot paint an antagonist with such a "black brush" and they expect the readers to accept them at a "white character" in the end. It is like writing a murder mystery and they making the killer a characher that you introduced in the last paragraph.

zed0zed0over 14 years ago
The only good wimp. . .

. . . is a dead wimp!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Wonderful Story

This is a great story. I'd love to see another chapter and find out what happened to them. Don't take the criticism too seriously from the crowd that always thinks you should never forgive a woman. I thought your story was very realistic. Thanks. --Jim

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Not bad

I got really tired with the ex-husband's whining and constant doubts. After he read the journals he should have realized that Paige still loved him and always did. He was a wimp in that he was so unforgiving of what she had done and so whiny about his cancer. Not much of a person in my book. Most cancer patients and war-damaged vets get over that self-pity and live life to the fullest because they realize they have no choice but to live fully each day they have left with their condition. Screw all you wimps out there that have never done anything wrong or cheated on your spouse. Over half of you are out and out hypocritical liars as regards the cheating! Most of you could not get and do not have wives as beautiful and loving as Paige was described! Get a real life and quit condemning these authors who are all braver and more talented then you sickos! Ron Wood Roswell, NM

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Good!!!!

Story for Readers Digest!!!.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
With a friend/wife like this, who needs enemies?

Loses his job, dying of cancer and wife makes his day by fucking another guy, long term. And some commentators don't like the husband character for being too whiney and then unforgiving of the wife?? WTF?? What does she really have to do, to qualify as a REALLY BAD WIFE? KILL HIM WITH A CHAIN SAW AND THEN EAT HIM? I mean he lost his job and got cancer and she betrays him too?? Who cares what screwed up thoughts might have been going through her twisted mind that she came up with in therapy or put to paper in her journal. They couldn't justify her actions in any respect. Yes, the husband should be understanding. Understand that when he loses both his livelihood and probably his life via long slow death, he can count on his wife's betrayal and then unending drama too. When you got nothing, you got nothing to lose. If this Drama Queen don't qualify for torch the bitch who would? The idea of the husband being nice to his ex-piece-of-crap in the least here is ridiculous. What we'd all like to see for a last chapter is Paige waiting on Drew hand and foot, night and day, performing all sorts of miserable tasks, and even paying for his terminal medical care for the last year of his of his life and when Drew's dying and on his death bed, while Paige waits for her anticipated $1 Million, Drew whispers in her ear, "Punked, I stopped paying on the policy years ago when I saw you with Alan."

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
That's it?

Good story but it needs to be finished. Too many possible endings.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
horrible

horrible story one minute he's dead the next they don't know. I think your trying to please to many readers and in the end your story and you are just stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
I agree with Ron Wood on the story; not bad

Too many readers do not understand that they are reading a structured, at least mostly, story of characters and events. This must be the reason for the rants and hate messages on LW tales. I'm constantly amazed at the hate shown to women in these stories. As R Wood said, way too many of these stories feature a weak, indecisive male with little or no humanity in his character. The male is too often cast as a clueless nerd, coupled with an NFL cheerleader-quality wife. Time to get real about life, unless the aim is a totally unlimited fantasy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Enjoyable reading

Certainly there are several places to point out errors, but overall that story made me think about that situation. That says a lot for the story.Thanks for sharing. anon jerry

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Very well written and enjoyable.

Glad to see you back writing, as long as you don`t write any more stories like the ones from 2001, slut wife and wimp husband. Your recent stories are destined to be classics. This story doesn`t seem finished - more to come I hope.

zed0zed0about 14 years ago
THANK GOD NO CHILDREN

Wimps should not be allowed to breed.

devildog26devildog26about 14 years ago
And then?

Enjoyed the read. Good story with well developed characters. What the hell did he do about Annie?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
fool me once...

that says it, pretty much.

norcal62norcal62over 13 years ago
Lack of character development.

Too little lead in and transition between events. Choppy and rough to read. Male character too full of self pity for an insensitive drudge.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
amazing!!!!

I hope you continue this story. It's simply amazing.

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAabout 13 years ago
Enjoyed the Story!

Retribution, Redemption and Reconciliation aren't always bad together when they appear in the same story. I hope all three of the main characters find happiness along the way. It was a good story with sympathetic characters!

saratusaratuabout 13 years ago
A very good story.

This was a pleasant surprise, and a wonderful read, a well done piece of work. R.T.

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
good story but why does the husband have to die

he survives and gets rid of paige and marries ann. live happily ever after

curioussscuriousssover 12 years ago
I once asked the author (not as 'curiousss') if he was going to finish this story...

...and he said to give him time. He'd had such bad reviews that he'd given up.

Well, after 30 months I guess I'll take this off my stories to be checked occasionally for updates.

It's a shame really. I noted Harry's comments and his comments were right really, but only for him and maybe most of you.

However, I had a slightly different take on it. Paige did a horrible thing in betraying Drew like she did, but the author paints her as being real, remorseful, penitent, certainly guilty but, above all, she loves him. She never really realized exactly how much until he wasn't there with her.

I loved the line from Annie "It's how they redeem themselves that matters in the end."

That's the way I feel and I think this author is very perceptive and empathetic.

It's sad that he hasn't posted anything else since this chapter, possibly from bad reviews and/or lack of encouragement.

Well, I enjoyed the story and I wish you'd write more, including finishing this, one of the best LW stories I've read.

If not, best wishes anyway and thank you for the stories I've enjoyed.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
ANNIE HAD A JOB

AND CANT STAY NO MORE AND NOW TURN THE PAGE. TK U MLJ LV NV

chytownchytownabout 12 years ago
Another??

Unfinished one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
cocksmokers like ped0

are the reason LW is full of banal cuck stories. Cuckolds of all stripes work hard to drive talented authors out of the category so their brand of drivel can reign supreme. This author specifically pointed to feedback for no longer submitting; great news for wannabe cucks everywhere. Don't fool yourselves cuckys; you creampie slurping misanthropes with your incessant denials might salve your own tortured psyches but the rest of us recognize your true agenda: driving out good writers to make room for the type of story you love to read, spank off to, then flame. If I had the chance I'd fuck your holes but will just have to settle for telling you to fuck yourselves. Assholes.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdalmost 12 years ago
Unfortunately, You Can't Get Redemption From Betrayal

Only acceptance & tolerance...difficult to build a relationship on that. The only kind of redemption available is the kind that makes HER feel better.

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20over 11 years ago
STOP TOMCATTING AROUND

And finish this SOB. You got a great story going here, but if you try to end it like this, when you and your friends are sitting around the old campfire. Their gonna beat you to death with empty beer cans!!!!!

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307about 11 years ago
Three chapters and NO ending...

... You've got to be kidding me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
1*

another wimp story in the execution of chez.

1*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Premeditated Murder

An affair is the same as Premeditated Murder in the sense that it is NOT oddly enough an act of passion, or an accident. The punishment for premeditated murder is life imprisonment of the death sentence. The reason for this is that the act was willful and planned over time. There was plenty of time to stop before committing the act. Therefore the idea that the adulterer is "sorry" is hard to believe. The act by nature precludes remorse. Without true remorse on the part of the violator, there cannot be forgiveness. The injured party can offer forgiveness but it cannot truly be accepted by someone who is in fact NOT sorry. So, whether it is a life sentence or a death sentence the adulterer can never be free of there crime and will in fact go to their graves guilty an unforgiven. If any of you would like to bring God into this, go ahead. He cannot forgive those that do not make a true repentance. He knows their hearts and he knows that what they did is part of their true nature. They chose the path to cheat, it defined who they are - a cheater.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
I took a vow once for better or worse, in sickness and in health.

...... AND THE WHORE BROKE HER VOWS .. PERIOD!!! SHE IS NO LONGER HIS WIFE ... SHE IS A CHEATING SLUT!

**CHEATING WIVES ARE THE LOWEST FORM OF LIFE!**

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Too sick?

What? Were you too sick to think things through? Two women = trouble. What a dummy.

LamwayLamwayover 10 years ago
Great story

Chez, I have always loved reading your stories. Here, I like the title, and the theme, and the fact that there is still hope. I tend to like BTB stories, but sometimes what I want to see is that there is some kind of recompense, if only through suffering to even the scales. Along with the possibility of redemption. Good work chez. I wish there was a chance to see more stuff from you. Sine that is not likely to happen, I will just enjoy what's here

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Ok what else

Was Drew an offspring of a pity fuck? That certainly sets the trend of his sorry ass life. Self pitiness only fuels the cancer his was succumbing to. As usual, always a wimp's way out.

dairetodairetoover 10 years ago
Um

**CHEATING WIVES ARE THE LOWEST FORM OF LIFE!**

Actually ANYONE who cheats is pretty low.

There isnt a Loving Husbands story thread which i am sure would have as many stories as this one

curioussscuriousssabout 10 years ago
You still didn't finish this!!

I asked you a few years ago if you were going to and you said you may.

However, you probably got pissed at certain negative comments about the story and decided not to continue.

Shame really because I thought it had merit.

Best Wishes,

Norm

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
He is dying, we are all dying

Somehow her cheating pales in comparison to impending death. Interesting that your character attended church, but little was made of it. Often it takes a situation so far beyond our control to deal with it for us to reevaluate our lives. Cheating wives and death have a lot in common. Death will take your life, and a cheating wife will kill your marriage. For those that have faced betrayal in their lives and been driven to seek wisdom and help in their faith. That brought this to mind:

Jeremiah 17:5

“Cursed is the one who trusts in man,

who draws strength from mere flesh

and whose heart turns away from the Lord.

6 That person will be like a bush in the wastelands;

they will not see prosperity when it comes.

They will dwell in the parched places of the desert,

in a salt land where no one lives.”

Even as we sink into decay in the western world, I have wondered why I have not seen any more spiritual answers in this genre of heartbreak. As we have hardened our hearts towards our own faith, for many it is that break in the heart that is needed to let the spirit in again. We are more than flesh, our relationship with God super cedes all other relationships.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
More to it!

Just as 'Norm' (below) has mentioned... there is more to this story. Sure she screwed up but... as the late great JC said... 'Let the one without sin cast the first stone'... there could even be room for a house with the 3 of them(??) + maybe a little adopted kid... heart-string stuff.

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
Read it again

Still liked it. Still interesting. I liked the open ended finish.

Marvin60Marvin60almost 9 years ago
Excellent

very compelling and very moving. I can see the reality here, and as another commentator says there's nothimg wimpy about forgiving. The journal was really well done and helps xplain how these thimgs can happen. Gteat story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

and?

gyjunkiegyjunkieover 8 years ago
Where's the ending?????

What about Annie?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
arrggg

I really wish this had an ending :(

POKAN1POKAN1about 8 years ago
oh wow.

Me think Paige is lying, she drove Annie away, and still has the life Insurance benefit to collect.She want to stay ,so as to keep Annie out.

smmhomesmmhomeabout 8 years ago
Wow - Powerful

Even on the third read (apologies for no feedback/vote earlier)... I'm seriously moved. How you managed to capture the mixed-feelings, the guilt, the indecision.. i'll never know, but this tale does a masterful job at capturing so much in so many ways...

Thank you for this. I'll be rereading it every now and then... Cheers.

DarktezzaDarktezzaabout 7 years ago
Good read

Great story. Please finish!

tazz317tazz317about 7 years ago
TOMBSTONES HAVE VERY LITTLE ABILITIES

whats below has that capability and should have already exercised his options. TK U MLJ LV NV

silentsoundsilentsoundover 6 years ago
Weak

Well written cuck shit

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Doesn't seem finished

A moving tale of human frailty that's crying out for at least another chapter

LA

cybojicybojiover 5 years ago
Last submission

By a writer 9 years ago. It seems that most great writers on her meet an untimely death. I hope that is not the case with you. This does need a conclusion. Very good piece with very human characters. 5

Mauser45Mauser45over 5 years ago
silentsound makes a good point

I also recall a specific anon who would write a very specific, very succinct comment on many deserving stories (and some not-so-deserving ones, but who the fuck cares?). So, this is in homage to him, and sums up my feelings on this entire saga:

1*

Cuck shit

May the 'cuck shit' anon finally make peace with his issues, but may his legacy of speaking his mind live on

YouamiYouamiover 5 years ago
Christ what a way to end your tale!

chezshirecat

Your story moved me to tears. A bloody difficult theme to meld into a LW story but I am so glad you took the risk. I note that some commentators were a little disatisfied with the ending of the final chapter. Now with most stories that scream out to be supplemented with epilogue chapters, I believe it was unessessary in this particular tale. Real life doesn't always follow a script, nor does it generally provides happy endings. But you skilfully portrayed the emotional states of the central characters and that was the over-riding strength of your story. Again mucho cudos to you and your tale telling skills. Cheers

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
All

the rules change when you are dying so...interesting examination of the subject.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Not good

Chezrshirecat must have run out of ideas for this story! The only thing worse than an open ended story is one like this with no end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
How does it end?

It’s been a touching story, so far. You ended it with a question?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
where is the ending?

i really liked the story but it is unfinished. I like that the story was different and pretty well thought out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Been Where Drew Is At

And still here. "Good people make bad mistakes every day, Drew. Know what I mean? It's how they redeem themselves that matters in the end." Best part of the story to remember. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
What if?

One person alluded to an untimely death causing the lack of an ending. Has anyone thought that, maybe, the author was dying of cancer and was writing a personal story? It had that "feel" to me from early in the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
This is a very tired plot device

Wife betrays husband in the worst possible way; he does the right thing by kicking her to the curb or preparing to; and then there's a medical emergency that catalyzes a reconciliation. She isn't a "good person" who made a mistake. She is an adulteress who cruelly betrayed the man she made vows to.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
@anon "What if?"

Good point. This does read like a personal experience, and this chapter was the last thing posted by this author.

WargamerWargamerabout 3 years ago

Another chapter would have been good, to finish the story.

As it is there are too many threads up in the air

So it scores 4/5, would be been 5/5 with a proper ending

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

1/5 for an incomplete story, either intended or not. Give the audience more resolution than that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That was a fucking complete waste of time reading this POS.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"I've painted myself into a corner. I have absolutely no fucking idea how to continue this". —The Author

pugg6963pugg6963about 1 year ago

He died. The end. There's, that's part 4.

pugg6963pugg6963about 1 year ago

He died. The end. There, that's part IV.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I'm sorry this story line was never finished. Despite the author's protestation that Innocent Sins were his and the wifes' favorites, I liked this one the most. There is a strong theme of reconciliation for this author's works, but some stories do it better. This one for example. It takes more than just mutual suffering for a separated couple to find grounds to reconcile. For the offending spouse, it means finding a way to make restitution: to restore the offended spouse's dignity. That is what infidelity takes away: the trust and intimacy which gives dignity to the marriage and marital partner. Intimacy is a special object of trust, respect, and obligation to that one special person who is witness that you matter in an otherwise vast, impersonal world. Her deeply personal care of a potential dying Ex was about restoring that intimacy. Well done. Well done. My favorite.

26thNC26thNC8 months ago

Right back where he started.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I have enjoyed this story, with that said its not a good place to have your readers wait for the next part.

DarktezzaDarktezza6 months ago

Love it, but where is the rest?

AllNigherAllNigher3 months ago

What a great story. Despite the hate filled idiots calling this a cuck tale, it is a story that actually has some depth to it. May not feel good for those who like cartoon endings, which can be fun I admit. But I really enjoyed this and wish the author had finished it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Interesting story. Well written. Reading those journals had to be unspeakably rough. Did she ever read his? Not clear. But a six month affair? That is really steep mountain to climb. If the author wants a reconciliation, which appears to be the case given the tone of the open ending (of course he may die), try to temper the extent of the betrayal. It does matter. His refusal to adopt opened the wedge and then his job problems and not talking to her allowed asshole to get into her pants the second time and afterwards. Why she felt she had to f$ck Allan for closure when telling him no, even though he kept coming back, shows that she really enjoyed the sex. But then when back with Drew after their heart to heart, she realizes whatbshe had been missing out on and making love with Drew was far superior to f$cking Allan. This is in he rown words. But going back again once or twice? Ridiculously stupid. Allan was a predator. She realized it too late. I feel a little sorry for her, but seriously six months? Don't see how that happens in real life, but it is fiction. 4 stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Redemption Ch. 02 Previous Part
Redemption Series Info