All Comments on 'Hetherington: Rapist or Scapegoat?'

by DeniseNoe

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Huh.

I didn't hear of this case, even though I lived for many years in Michigan. Frankly, I find this to be part of our prison society; not that, if the accusations were true, he didn't deserve some prison, but it seems as though we rely on prison for everything; for punishment, rehabilitation, deterent, everything. These excessive terms set for people just because of personal feelings just end up destroying more lives and often leading to more crime. If this man serves 20 years, he will have basically lost his daughters, all dignity, all money, and have few family members and friends left. He'll be a middle-aged loser, which helps no one with anything at all.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 15 years ago
I don't think that this a story

This sounds more like a proclamation of innocence. I did score 100 because it held my interest.

one4all00one4all00about 15 years ago
What did the wife/ex do?

Did she have children with new guy, remarry, move back to ?Florida?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
welcome to real life . . .

welcome to "real" life in politically correct America . . if you want another bone to chew on . . look into the case in NYC a few years ago where a gang of black girls beat up 4 white girls because of a dispute over who had the rights to a basketball court . . . . . . according to the legal guidelines given to the NYC police the gang of black girls were NOT going to charged with a racially motivated crime . . because according to those guidelines "only whites can commit a racially motivated crime" . . . . . . and like the judge in the Anna Nicole Smith child paternity case, who ran the proceedings like he was auditioning for his own "Judge xxx" tv show . . or the states attorney in the Duke university lacross team rape investigation, who among a laundry list of screwups, deliberately ignored photographic evidence that one of the accused students was on the other side of town at a bank atm machine at the time he was supposed to be raping the black female stripper . . . . . . . like I said . . welcome to "real" life in these united states, one of the most fucked up countries in the world . . and now we have a president who was elected because he is half black and his campaign conveniently seemed to ignore the white half of his family . . because that would not have been advantageous for "the black candidate" . . . . .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Sad State of Things

I am a lawyer, I do have to ask one thing, where was the defense attorney during this fiasco. Any defense attorney worth his salt should have torn Linda to shreds on the stand as well refuted the evidence. I am also concerned on why an appeal has never been successful. I would like to know more about this case. Also, is there anyway to find out if he has ever contacted Project Innocence.

shangoshangoabout 15 years ago
To "Anonymous in the USA"

Take your bigoted ass back to the "Old Country". If you like to mention New York trials, how about the black and Latin kids CONBVICTED of Rape, only to be cleared later by DNA! Or Abner Louima getting raped with a Plumber's Helper. Or Mr Diallo being shot 22 times for reaching for his wallet. Stop crying whiteboy!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
ugh

every man needs to beat the piss out of their women..they need it they deserve it

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous