All Comments on 'Melting Away, Slowly... Pt. 01'

by PostScriptor

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
good story

damn felt sorry for the guy. cant wait to see want happens next.

bruce22bruce22almost 15 years ago
Fine Writing

Which we have come to expect from PS. The pace is just about right to flesh out the characters. His life sounds over but so is hers.... apparently..

CastleStoneCastleStonealmost 15 years ago
Interesting start.

Can't wait to see where you take this story. Is she getting some on the side or just being honest in her feelings?

JADED_ONE1969JADED_ONE1969almost 15 years ago
Once again nice story.

Interesting idea. I liked this story and I am looking forward to the other chapters. keep up the good work.

KOTKKOTKalmost 15 years ago
Magic by the magician :-)

Where were you? really missed you & of course your stories. Another magic by you. You are not a writer you are a magician. A grand opening of a great story. Thanks for the wonderful story. Just wanted to say something & hope you don't mind. Whenever I read 'Breach' it always bring a smile on my face. The way it was written was truely amazing. I know I should speak about other story, but I couldn't help it. Accept my apology.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 15 years ago
This is a really GREAT story and...

Folks this story is NOT what you expect. It strikes so close to home it is scary.

<br></br>

With me my wife screamed at me... many years ago when I was a Stay at Home Dad... <i>"I am NOT interested in sex with you.! I am perfectly happy with a sexless loveless marriage..." </i>

<br></br>

and she said to me after demanding I stay at home with the kids while she persued her career.

KOTKKOTKalmost 15 years ago
Me again

Below I meant - I should NOT speak about other story. Oh boy! 3 feedbacks for that slip up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Well it took you three pages to see the husband in

a loveless marriage with a woman who for all intents appears to be involved in a business linked affair elsewhere. He has finally responded to her coldness by treating her as a rentor and not a spouse. And has met a woman who to say the least intrigues him. My goodness I summed it up in one paragraph!

When you are not being paid by the word going overboard isnt called fleshing it out, it is called delaying the story. All you have done is to show the wife has a house servant that takes care of her needs in the home and a man who insted of doing the logical thing and divorcing her just begins to ignore her which in the long run will make his life more uncomfortable.

If you really want to write multiple chapters of a novel "all fleshed out" there are many publishers that would print it all in one edition so people could read it in one sitting if they wanted to.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusalmost 15 years ago
Excellent

This is a terrific story by someone who cares about the story, not what is PC for husbands and wives to do and say.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Not Erotic but Interesting

Atypical Literotica story, but very well written and interesting to read. I have never read any of your stories, but I guess that is an error I will have to remedy. Thanks for writing a very interesting if non erotic story.

60 year old George

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Another well written start

This is very much a excellently sketched (I know I am mixing metaphors) slice of life through the eyes of a good writer. Cannot wait for the next chapter and hope it is not one of those short teases.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 15 years ago
Living with a selfish bitch is draining ones life

The woman was most likely a selfish woman all of her life, not caring of her husbands needs or wants,just giving him enough to keep him happy until he would get to an age to where she wouldn't have to worry about another woman taking her meal ticket away.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago

This is wonderful stuff. You've built a lot of interest and fleshed out the characters nicely.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
A true slice of life

Great story! Unfortunately (for me), it hits far too close to home! One doesn't need to have been married for 30 years to wind up in a sexless, loveless marriage. Really looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Simple49erSimple49eralmost 15 years ago
Excellent writing!

Very realistic characters with realistic reactions though this is reading like a "loving husband" story, where you are setting up his excuse to cheat on his spouse. Clearly the love is gone and the realistic story would have him discussing divorce or worse his decision to live with a sexless, selfish wife (husband? in the Loving Wife version) and basically living vicariously through friendships without benefits. A sad commentary on too many marriages where the spouses cannot seem to make the hard decisions. Cheating is actually the easy decision because you keep the spouse for security reasons - do not have to divide the assets or deal with the children's anguish. Communication and honesty are always dificult and if the wife is that unwillig to be sexual - even if she is menopausal - then again a realistic response seems to be divorce regardless of the difficulties that presents. However you are not signalling that or foreshadowing that with the developing relationship he will have at school. Again, good writing!

DrallDrallalmost 15 years ago
Fine!

A very good story,although sad. I've been married over 50 years and some of this hits home. I look forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Excellent

I like your writing style

katibkatibalmost 15 years ago
Flawless...so far

What a nice story. Literate, intelligent, well edited and interesting. A story for adults. A rare gem in the midst of the dross that passes for literature in this site. Please continue.

TelozTelozover 14 years ago
Great!

I second what everyone else said!

BigJohn601BigJohn601almost 13 years ago
Your title is an accurate description of my married life......

After 40 years of marriage my wife recently told me that she could only "endure" sex with me for 5 minutes which is about the time she has her orgasm but just when I am getting warmed up. Needless to say that really has left me frustrated. Maybe your story will offer me a solution to "my" problem.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago
Enjoying it

A sad tale.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
Good start

To a painful story

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
All too true...

Sadly, this tale is all too true these days. Thank you for sharing and bringing into the open an all too common problem that is never talked about.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
sadly

Been there, done that (or not done that) for a long, looong time. I'm eager to see how he handles it.

DHL

StormKing33StormKing33over 6 years ago
5* Good Story

Time to hit the eject button on his marriage to that shrew.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
bitch

the wife is a bitch of the worse kind and takes him for granted, I hope he leaves her after getting a replacement.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good so far

A couple of things, first good writing and a not so original but well written plot. The most unrealistic part is that hardly any married male I know would go for 5 years without sex. it seems they've walked around the subject but he never put his foot down. This goes with they way you portrayed him: a well trained wimp.

For what you showed us towards the end, this story is abot a wimp growing a pair again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
real

no man thinks he could or would put up w/ shit like this....but....it doesn't come at you all at once...nope...one thing at a time..slowly..you put up w/ it one thing at a time for one reason or another.kids,family,keep peace in the house,holidays,work functions,school functions,church...kids leave home,,you start to add it up..but wait now your 50 maybe 60..you now have a nice house,maybe a boat,401 k..sell it ALL NOW @ fire sale prices,divide by two...viola !!! happy now ???? no ?? so your stuck like our hero and me and maybe you too ?...stlcris

cybojicybojiover 5 years ago
Slow death

Been there.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 4 years ago

Slow, bu it has potential.

Rhoan1921Rhoan1921about 2 years ago

A story about life, thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

How could anyone live in a totatally loveless marriage.

That woman is appalling!

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 1 year ago

Interesting start!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

How 😔 sad. Martha has completely checked out emotionally and divorced, unconsciously, her husband. She is content to have a roommate who takes care of virtually every aspect of the household; she appears to do nothing but eat, sleep, alone, and pursue solo activities. There is no intimacy at any level.

This guy needs to realize that his former wife, and that is fact what she has become, is someone he really no longer loves or even really cares for.

Hopefully he'll come to realize, and accept that hus wife, hence marriage, has died and he needs to have a funeral and move on and rebuild a new life. In leaving he really is losing nothing.

She makes a very good living so alimony is not an issue. Sell the house and give here a 55/45 split, keep their retirement accounts and move on.

No need to Stay in touch other than that related to kids and grandkids.

Think on it Abita here. If he were in the dating world, knew of her current mindset and feeling on this relationship, would he want to date here as she is now constituted?

I doubt it. Marriage has, for him, and maybe her, become a habit. Time to say goodbye.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I don't think the guy is a wimp. Rather, he's rapidly realizing, and accept, his wife doesn't love him, or really even have much, if any, room in her heart for him.

He is concurrently now accepting that he's living in an empty house and that it's time to leave. There is a real inertia to pulling out of a 30 year marriage but, I think, one needs to see it in a fashion similar to the death of a spouse. The loss is painful, but, ultimately, has to be accepted, and move on. There is no point in setting up a tent at the graveside.

Anita71Anita719 months ago

I shudder at the thought of staying in that relationship. He needs to get to know Stephanie better so he can start living again poor guy

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous