All Comments on 'Scenes from a Marriage'

by ohio

Sort by:
  • 579 Comments
itmgr2010itmgr2010almost 15 years ago
Really liked this story.

Less is more. Left the details to the imagination of the reader but let the emotion come through.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Very true to life

A sad story that is 100% credible and real. A reflection that trust, once violated, can be impossible to rebuild.

angiquesophieangiquesophiealmost 15 years ago
great

great story, ohio. i really loved every word you left out, so i could fill it in. thanks!

waratahwaratahalmost 15 years ago
A typically good Ohio story

I had settled in for a nice long read to find it shoter than normal, but good job anyway.

Thanks

mcwiiimcwiiialmost 15 years ago
More please...

Another gem from the master. Although this could be revisited with a time healing element.

fregenfregenalmost 15 years ago
Very Sad

Yes. There are consequences.

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
WOW!

Your best story yet! Really hits you hard with the cost and damage of cheating....How very sad! Thanks for writing and I look forward to your next one!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
like it

different in a way. enough emotions, but not too much drama.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Well done but slow. It never matters why!

What matters is you care so little for your spouse, your marriage, and your family you do it in spite of them. No man, or for that matter no woman, that loves their spouse could live with someone that cheated on them. The act of cheating, sexual or not, slaps the spouse in the face with lack of love, lack of lust, total betrayal, disrespect, and humiliation. This woman compounded it by fucking someone from her work which in reality makes her a whore. My self, if my wife had done this, I would have asked her to move out immediately upon learning of it. I could notlive with such a woman. Some argue it is better for the children to stay together. After years of working with kids I know this argument is in reality a reconciliation at any cost move. It is far worse to bring children up in loveless marriage and give them a poor meaning of marriage. When men are actively involved in the child rearing, they should go for custody of kids. Seldom is a cheating wife a good role model for young children to grow up under and when has the mental problems shown in this one it compounds the issue. She is unfit to raise kids. It is women like her that turn around one day and kill their children.

stlcrisstlcrisalmost 15 years ago
very nice

very sad & very real,,,,ohio were have you been,,,i miss your stories|

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 15 years ago
Short and sweet!

Well done, but that is what we have come to expect from Ohio. No one does it better. Our Buckeye friend is the best.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
You're the best Ohio

....and thank you so much for having him leave the bitch. Fuck reconciliation!! Loved him pissing on her dinner -a nice touch.

Dr_KnowDr_Knowalmost 15 years ago
Very nice story - well written, good pace

Fine writing Ohio! His actions at the dining room table was especially a poignant scene.

northshore_bumnorthshore_bumalmost 15 years ago
Welcome back

Superb story, as always. You have captured the anguish and hurt, not to mention the consequences, that result from cheating. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
A true 100

this was your best story; a series of vignettes that tell a sad but very well written cheating wife tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
That was powerful.

Which ever spouse strayed, that is the way 95% would have ended up. That was your best story.

Bill in VA

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
would still like to know

the why, how long, etc.. form both points of view. Nothing elaborate, just some sort of closure to a sad story. I know, consquences ... Very good story as usual. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
BRAVO # 55

Excellent read!90% of my friends have experienced similar problems.Most of us are ,totally, clueless till we get hit with the bad news.However, unlike the story, we are trapped.Kids, family, friends,and financial commitments are all useful excuses to justify remaining married to cheating wives.Wives who have no respect for us and ,continually,rub their contempt in our faces.It is pleasant to contemplate someone who has the balls to throw the bitch to the curb.Ritterburg # 55

cageyteecageyteealmost 15 years ago
You've been gone too long. Welcome back!

An extremely well plotted and well written story. I hope this piece is a sign that you're back to writing more frequently.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Excellent writing; sad story

Not a wasted word in this story. Sad but oh so realistic. The pissing scene was especially poignant - would have been funny with some authors' stories (e.g. JPB or PapaToad) but it wasn't funny at all in this one - just sad. IRL Lynn too would move on.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 15 years ago
Excellent writing; sad story

Not a wasted word in this story. Sad but oh so realistic. The pissing scene was especially poignant - would have been funny with some authors' stories (e.g. JPB or PapaToad) but it wasn't funny at all in this one - just sad. IRL Lynn too would move on. Sorry to double post but I dislike Anon and don't know why Lit did it that way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Sad, but Real.

I'm quite sure: in my opinion Ohio is the best!!

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
good story

good story some times life is a bitch. thanks for your time and entertainment. Mike from Texas

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
in the real world we don't let hurt go away easy

i want to no why she did what she did.second i want to punish who wrong me.so it want happen a second time so easy.a whole family is destroyed because of lust and he don't want to know why or what damage to the lover he can do(bullshit).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Great!!!!!!

Please don't fuck it up by writing another chapter, where he wimps out. This was perfect, a slice of life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
!!!

You tried a new style and you succeeded. Everything is said! Excellent work - thank YOU!!!------Bavarian

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Excellent!

As TheCelt used to say: consequences are a bitch!

Ohio, keep up your good work. JGP.

jack_strawjack_strawalmost 15 years ago
good work

Always a treat to find a story by ohio. This one is about as perfect as it gets. Not a word out of place, short, but powerful. As angie said, the words that are left out are as important as the ones that are there. There is just enough information to tell the story, but it's not drawn out - which he could have done and not have it hurt the story. It all unfolds in the scenes, and that's the mark of a skilled craftsman.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Fine writer depessing story

You always write well but I didn't like this story. It was true to life but he was too vindictive for my taste . many of your readers thought the pissing scene was poignent. I thought it was disgusting and appealed primarily to the "Kill the bitch" crowd. She screwed up and was trying to atone. If you hate her ,divorce her, don't humiliate her The story was not a credit to a fine writer like you.

the Ct. Yankee

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
This one is Top Drawer

How he found out is not important... This story is way beyond the "finding out." Very well structured...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
A really good start !

Ohio with his outstanding writing skills is back, and hopefully to stay. This makes me extremely happy. But there is one thing that I'm unsure of - which is - will there be a continuation to his story? I don't see any indication that that will be the case. Ohio, you have the start of an excellent story. However, what you've written in this first posting does not tell us enough. You've given us a quick look at a small segment in the lives of "An American Family." There is the issue of the wife's infidelity and the husband's not being able to cope with her actions. So, what led to her adultery and importantly for the family what happens now. RAG

grunabonagrunabonaalmost 15 years ago
Superb

Beautifully told story.

FionaVolpeFionaVolpealmost 15 years ago
Wow,

One of the most realistic stories I've read on here. Sad but oh so true...once the trust is gone, it's very hard to get it back, if ever. I lived it, trying to see past him with another woman...I couldn't. This story brought it all back with a quiet , steadfast intensity. Thanks for the story.

apollonaapollonaalmost 15 years ago
Snapshots

Little snippets of a big picture, with all the fluff removed. Very nice work.

louguy35louguy35almost 15 years ago
Sad but good story.

Apollona is right on. It is good to read another story by Ohio. There are few "Loving Wives" stories that are worth reading anymore.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Nice story

I guess that's the way life is in the real world. But I am an old softy and like happy endings. But I really liked the story.

JADED_ONE1969JADED_ONE1969almost 15 years ago
Talk about 'Real'

That was a very well written story. in fact it was so real it could have happened to any one of us reading this story. But as a sad old fashioned romantic I would have liked to see them at least try to work through thier problem. But the story was short sharp and to the point I liked it a lot. Yes it was sad, but then life can be like that. Keep writing Ohio there are four writers that in about twenty years I will hopefully be as good as, one is yourself, two is DG, Three is DF or The Wanderer four is Jack straw, and I suppose another writer would be the The Celt. You are the writers that I aspire to. Of course I never will but I can dream anyway.

saw_man1saw_man1almost 15 years ago
An economy of words....

... that in some respects reminded me of the Old Man And The Sea. Two stories with a small cast of characters, and two stories made better by a lack of superfluous words.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
How True

Straight and to the point. This is how it is in real life. It was good to read another story by Ohio.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Great

The pissing scene near the beginning said it all. How hard it is to regain trust once it has been shattered.

Boyd

soularsoularalmost 15 years ago
I felt like...

...I was watching them. As if I were in the room with them. Such a beautiful, realistic, sad story. Some people really don't know what they have until it's gone. Thanks for writing this wonderful piece of art.

--Soular

PAPATOADPAPATOADalmost 15 years ago
Good Read

Thanks for a great story. Looking forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Excellent

Ohio,

I liked the spare approach. This story carried a large wallop in a small package. Extremely well done. Good to see you are writing again.

bruce22bruce22almost 15 years ago
Truly Amazing

This portrayal of the end of marraige is tragic, inevitable, and so realistic!

CastleStoneCastleStonealmost 15 years ago
Great story

Loved the pissing scene. I'm a little confused though. I know the husband wasn't willing to bend an inch. But it wasnt' clear if the wife pulled out all the stops to save the marriage. Her attempts as written seemed to be conventional and half hearted. The guy, I understand but the woman seems to be a selfish idiot, that really didn't love her husband. It seems that all the conversations she has with her husband are all polite and civilized, when she should be getting down on her knees and begging for forgiveness. On the other hand with the stuff I write, who am I to write a review of your story. I loved it and love all your other stories, as well.

Zeb40Zeb40almost 15 years ago
So true, so sad, so inevitable!

It takes a very unusual person to get past a betrayal. I don't think I could be one of them. This story is so real it is almost painful. I generally like happy endings, and it seems that for the husband there will be one, but the cost was sure high. Welcome back, Ohio. You've been missed.

Paul

roadbirdroadbirdalmost 15 years ago
guess she found out she loved him

to late

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
I have to admit OHIO that you did a good one

Especially the part about when he pissed all over her dinner, that was beautiful. Naturally I think that he should have went to her job and kicked Douglas's ass but who am I? NYMINUS

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Outstanding and very, very realistic!

Well done, Ohio!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
An Excellent Story

Again this was great piece and gave us a real view to the effects of her betryal. I am glad to see one of your stories after so long. Thank you for it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
very sad story

Ohio,

I have to say that I have only read one story in my entire life sadder than this one; that was Camus' "The Sttranger."

You're good, young man, but I do prefer your happier endings.

A five (5) for quality, of course.

luvyuh,

Matt Moreau

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Superficial

It was an outline for a story rather than one of you usual tales. there was no background of family, social life, how he found out, how long the had been married the children.

gusteufgusteufalmost 15 years ago
Excellent !!!

Quite a departure from your usual style. About the only other author who can tell a complete tale in one page is HDK. Your perspective is entirely different from his 'tongue in cheek' view. But, I appreciate both immensely. However... there is one little drawback to this wonderful story. I truly enjoy the outrage and vitriol from the natives in the comment section. This story is good enough that you are depriving me of half my pleasure! (LOL) Just one or two muted remarks, about his attempt to show her how she made him feel, i.e. the dinner scene.

Thanks for the tale and would truly appreciate another.

Gus

toesmantoesmanalmost 15 years ago
Very interesting, and ultimately sad story

OMG! Loved it, & even though I thought that I could see the ending coming, still you had to feel a twinge of sadness & regret for her. She shoulda realized that given him, that there would only be one possible outcome, if she cheated & he found out; and really don't they always find out!

DrallDrallalmost 15 years ago
So Sad!

And so beautifully written! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Great Story, Thanks!

I guess I get to join so many others who liked this story. It's ending was sad, for her. He found someone else to give his love to, so not for him. Your short segments worked well here. Thanks! Ttom.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
GW66 -- They did TRY and work it out!

Get a cLue GW66... Isn't that Matt and Lynn went to a Caribbean Resort? to try and work it out?.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 15 years ago
EXCEPTIONAL !! Powerful & skillfully told

its hard to imagine a More perfect story. By the end of the story I was actually HOPING for some sort of partial reconciliation.

<br></br>

<b> exceptional story and writing.</b>

PostScriptorPostScriptoralmost 15 years ago
Interesting

Interesting approach, Ohio. A story told as a series of 'scenes' leaving the rest of the story for the reader to fill in with their imaginations.<br><P>

Was also interested in the way this story went — it could have gone either way, separation or reconciliation. In this case, it was an unhappy ending (for the wife, at least). Ohio makes it clear that the husband did try to put the infidelity behind him. Just couldn't do it — as the Wanderer says, Life Goes On!

ParmenideParmenidealmost 15 years ago
Very well done

Absolutely a piece of art in writing...

I agree with the previous comment about

the similarity with "The Old Man and the See".

Keep it in writing, thanks!

JADED_ONE1969JADED_ONE1969almost 15 years ago
Sorry Ohio, but I have to respond to Anon.

If you have a problem with anything I have said or written please don't use someone elses comment section to have a go at me. Use my email or just leave a comment on MY feedback section with YOUR email address and you can talk to me directly. Otherwise just keep your comments about the story and the writer. Again sorry Ohio.

Orion623Orion623almost 15 years ago
Amazing

The author gave us 11 short glimpses into a marriage which revealed an affair, attempts at reconciliation, disintegration of the marriage and a new beginning for the husband. None of the scenes would have lasted more than than 5 to 10 minutes in real life terms yet the full tale of adultery and consequences was told succinctly without the need for page after page anger and angst. Absolutely remarkable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
really unbelievable

short, straight to the point. and as sad as it it is, thats the way it is. you can't glue a broken cup, it never is the same.

SalamisSalamisalmost 15 years ago
Very skillful indeed

As good as <b>Visiting Richard Gronier</b> and yet more compact and poignant in the telling.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Thank you!

I have read all of your stories and really appreciated your craftsmanship and empathy. I agree with several others that you are one of the very best writing today.

Thanks again. JH

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Welcome back

It's lovely to have one of my favourite authors back. If anything this story was evidence of a mature writer - thought provoking, succinct and poignant.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioalmost 15 years ago
This story has the ring of truth.

Sad story but this really rings true. Once he takes a great fall, it's difficult to put Humpty Dumpty back together again. I think the Celt said it very well at the end of some of his stories -- consequences are a bitch. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Well Done..

Sure it was sad, and i would have liked to think that two mature adults would discuss the problem.. especially with kids at stake. It seems to me that the husband made no effort to see if he could get beyond the pain. I'm not saying that it can always be done, for myself, not sure if I could stay married to a cheater... but I'd like to think that for the sake of the kids, I would at least find out. He took no one's advise, and let the issue fester until he had to leave. Too selfish for my taste... but I loved the writing, and I enjoyed the emotions the story created.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
why do you have it under Loving Wives?

Why? This is better under Snuff the wife. Take the time to understand her feelings, then leave. That way the kids can feel comfortable with either parent. Maybe I'm wrong, but, the way you write and I feel, the kids will be left out by one of the parents. Either she will abandon the kids or he will. The kids will notice when they talk about the other parent, that parent will react in hurt. The kids notice and realize better not to give that information. Now the kids will be sad and withdrawl and not tell of the good they did with the other parent. Then they don't want to be with one parent or the other. Now both parents are sad. Hurray you screwed both parents. Good Job!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Perfection

Perfection; nothing else.

katibkatibalmost 15 years ago
Perfection, Again

Perfection. Nothing else.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
horible job

one of the worst stories ever written in the literotica history i guess ohio is not able to understant the meaning of the word i forgive you. every time he writes a story his is interesting to humiliate the person who has done the mistake. i am sure you have not read a piece from the holy bible.lord says the one without sin let him throw the stone first . and something else only a real pig would piss on the table where people eat this pathetic husband did it oh you are way to sick my brother

leo katsaros

tastesgreattastesgreatalmost 15 years ago
Great!

It's always a pleasure to read your work! Interesting approach...

Risq_001Risq_001almost 15 years ago
Hey Ohio,

<p>I liked it. I found it more believable than most know.</p>

<p>But I really like the Anon from Europe's comment below me to about forgiveness. While I agree that you should try to forgive everyone, but without turning this into the battle of the bible, I kinda remember this question/problem as being a "direct" question and it was answered just as directly by the one with the best authority to know the answer, that <b>adultery</b> was the only grounds for a <b><i>biblical</i></b> divorce and any other grounds would be a sin. I always find it interesting when someone quotes something without totally knowing what the reference they are using actually says (^_^). And even if you divorce someone you can still forgive them. Forgiveness doesn't mean you forget. It means you don't have any ill will against them in your heart, or go around speaking it to others. Too many want everyone to believe you "have" to forgive them no matter what and continue a marriage that has adultery in it at all cost. That should always be a personal decision. One where if you can live with it you do, but if you find you can't, you divorce for everyone best interest.</p>

<p>But I liked your story because it was "real". The biggest problem with adultery isn't the cheater or even the kids, its the wronged mate. <i><b>They</b></i> have to be the ones to live with and trust the one who wronged them again. <i><b>They</b></i> have to find a way past this, if they can, and not let it poison either, their life, the life of the offending mate, and if there are children involved, the lives of the children. When a mate cheats, and gets caught, its not cut and dry that you have to forgive them. Its better if you do, and/or can, but if someone finds it impossible, its better to leave before you cause more damage by lashing out in hurt and anger, then sticking around and either emotionally or physically abusing the offending mate till you get it out of your system.</p>

<p>And the husband here "tried" (or at least I got that "impression") to work out the marriage, but the disrespect and matter of fact cheating was just too much for him to get by so divorce was his only option.</p>

<p>Personally I thought peeing on the table was a nice touch =). I say that because often times folks who greatly wrong you never really understand, care, or put enough understanding into what they did. They often feel if they just "pretend" it never happened you will to. And that's what the wife's character did on that Friday. Her plan was to make a great dinner, throw out a little conversation, and by showing this effort around a dinner she could show that she was sorry. But the problem was that she was minimizing what she did and her husbands feelings about what she did. So to bring it back into perspective about how serious what she did was, and how a dinner, a meal, no matter how much effort went into it, wasn't going to make up for sleeping around with another man. And I have to say that act really at the table really brought it home. I saw her doing that as trying to bribe him into forgetting what she did. You can't feed someone to make them forget all of what you did, and went through, to cheat on them.</p>

<p>Great story, we've been starving for something worth reading for so long I think I've probably read this about 4 or 5 times so far. (^_^)</p>

-Risq

zed0zed0almost 15 years ago
Great Story

Don't listen to the bible thumper, he's probably going to hell for reading porn anyway. Very realistic, almost a flash story (which I hate)and very enjoyable. He listened to his head and heart and realized he doesn't "have" to forgive anybody.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
You are worth more than 10 others

Life - risk - consequence - its very simple if honestly portrayed and mirrors likelihood.<P>

This was so basic and clear and real - would that others would - more.<P>

Thanks Author - you are worth the wait - but not so long next - please.<P>

With Very High Regard

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
great story

Loved the story very interesting- and don't worry about the forgiveness bible thumper- if u listen to the bible your story would've ended with matt stoning lynn to death- and that would kill the whole mood :P

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Superb story!

A superb story, well written and believable.

woodmanonewoodmanonealmost 15 years ago
Good story, more please

Well written as usual. Thank you. Please continue with this story would like to know how it finishes. I liked that the husband tried to get around the problem and save the marriage instead of just storming out. Again please continue.

SleeplessinMDSleeplessinMDalmost 15 years ago
IT BEEN TOO LONG...

since we have had one of your story to have an intelligent discussion on this topic. In this very simple story you highlight the problem when one spouse cheats and destroy all trust. After the discovery the wife tries to make amends (e.g., put on a elaborate dinner) but what does that have to do with it? What can she possibly do to make amends for cheating on him? The trip to the marriage counseling session was interesting because who wants to hear the details of the affair (except us readers)? Who want to hear how you failed to measure up as a sexual partner? She wants to tell how it is all her fault or how certain conditions existed or how he contributed to the affair. Excuse me- why do you need to have this discussion after you have been caught? The key point is that the husband had no clue that there was a problem! How can he after they presumably reconcile know that she is being faithful to him? This is the cheater's dilemma! Oh I believe that the husband forgave his wife. Why would he go through all of the motions to try to save his marriage? He just could not live with her actions. Once again I miss your stories! Thanks again!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Sophisticated and "real"

The psychological basis of this story is both accurate and wrenching. The more interesting point of this story is the sparce manner of your writing, Ohio, to imply so much without explicitly saying it. I do think this story is superb for its literary sophistication and psychological validity. It is an improvement even over your previously excellent stories.

Marvelous!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Very Good Story! Worth the Wait!

It is always nice to see one of your stories show up on the "New" list here. As usual, this was another entertaining effort. Thanks for sharing! We already look forward to your next offering!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Ohio is back with a change

A different line of story from all the previous submissions. Even though the facts looks similler the story felt different from Ohio we know. But still the heart beet goes up and feel the depth of the life. Can't be happy because the husband is enjoying and can't blame too. So real and have done justification to all characters as always. But love to see his long stories which touches our heart and teach us some thing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Excellent

Somtimes the pain is too much, things can't be the same, no going back. Great story, Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
excellent writing!

This is a very short story using several glimpses of a marriage to show how it fell apart. The form is completely apt in relation to content, and very, very well written. This is one of your best!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
addicted to your stories

Over the past weeks I've developed an addiction to your stories. They are magnificently written (I am a writer, obsessive reader, and have been a journalist all my life). Also, I am still recovering from a very traumatic affair (have had many over the years, several involving cheating women--some epically) so your stories hit the spot for me in a strange way. Sometimes they make me physically ill from emotion, sometimes they are therapeutic/cathartic, but invariably enjoyable for the writing. Please keep the stories coming.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Manipulation

This story, and all the subsequent comments, appear as if they were all written by the same person with the same perspective. There is nothing HOT about this story. It is not badly written grammatically, but it reveals nothing of the characters and their motivation. Nobody in the story seems all that interesting or interested.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 15 years ago
A great story

The story is so real to life, one partner cheats and has to live the life that the cheating has caused. Thanks for the good lesson.................Rich

2Xwidderwoman2Xwidderwomanalmost 15 years ago
The end of a marriage

is seldom a single afternoon of raised voices, tears, questions of "Why" and multiple apologies of, "I'm sorry." Instead, the end is the slow wearing away of the foundation created by love, passion, and trust. He tried, through calm conversation, growing anger, attempts to forget and ignore, but in the end the loss of something he treasured could not be regained. Thank you for your story and please send us another. 2Xwidderwoman

ErotonautErotonautalmost 15 years ago
Very well written

Quite a departure from the usual material on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Great

Great, but sad tale about how cheating can get away all the goodies in a stable marriage.The pissing scene are great!Shock the System It´s the only way to oblige the cheater "see the light".Raj

KOLKOREKOLKOREalmost 15 years ago
In how many ways can this story be praised?

No, I could not count them…Instead; I’ll just thank you ohio for this INSTANT CLASSIC. <P>

It’s a demonstration of a pitch perfect assembly of carefully selected scenes, which together build a cumulative eulogy for a dying marriage<P>

The whole story is on one hand a work which reminds you of a collage were each ‘piece’ has at surface level a pace which ranges from quiet and restrained to perhaps angry in short bursts and quickly coming back to quiet. <P>

On the other hand it’s only in the combination of the pieces – which happens in the reader’s mind that you get the other rhythm – the deep rhythm of a n approaching and inevitable train rack…<P>

The story (and the implied author of this story) assume an intelligent reader; one who can connect the dots, one who can do without the non essential details – where each partner went to school how was the first date etc etc ad nauseam … It demonstrates an acute awareness to the two greatest principles in any writing:: selection and composition. You select only the most necessary scenes –than you put them back together in the best position next to each other to create the best effect for reading in sequence as you ‘collect’ in your mind more and more information from each ‘piece’. Change the order of the same selected pieces and you get a somewhat different story in terms of the effect on the reader. <P>

I loved the fact that there is no ‘teller’ in the story to summarize and to explain or prepare you before and in between each part. It’s all pure ‘showing’, and the reader has to pay full attention in order to anticipate the plot or understand each character. <P>

Add to the above the fact that while each part in the story is a marker in the progression of this couple’s last period of time before they are officially divorced (or perhaps shortly after), each part is at the same time different enough from it’s previous part to keep the reader constantly on edge: one part is a quiet dialogue another is a wild action yet another a dialogue between the wife and a friend another the couple and a therapist – the underlying message – it does not really matter what scene you choose to reflect – in the grand scheme of things this couple’s life as a couple was doomed from the time the wife chose to recreationally have sex with another person other than her husband. The varied selection SHOWS rather than preaches this in one of the most dramatic and artistically convincing ways I can remember reading. <P>

This was a superb work, I just want to tell you that it would be ok for you NOT to have your next story achieving this level of excellence - I am sure that the readers would still enjoy it…Just to let the pressure off…

juanwildonejuanwildonealmost 15 years ago
Scene It All

Instant Classic? Yep, added it to my fav's. // Anything else to add? That was the most literate nonerotic/erotic story I've read. // What part did I like best? Everything that wasn't written; the unsaid empty spaces were awesomely perfect and powerful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
ridiculous story

one of the worst stories ever written in the literotica history i guess ohio is not able to understant the meaning of the word i forgive you. every time he writes a story his is interesting to humiliate the person who has done the mistake. i am sure you have not read a piece from the holy bible.lord says the one without sin let him throw the stone first . and something else only a real pig would piss on the table where people eat this pathetic husband did it oh you are way to sick my brother

leo katsaros

Cobbler1023Cobbler1023almost 15 years ago
One of your best

I can really see your improvement as a writer. With a sparsity of words, you told the wole story with feeling. Thanks

The Cobbler

PhilipinNorcalPhilipinNorcalalmost 15 years ago
Author!! Author!!

Describing so much with such a paucity of words. Talent was never more evident! Many thanks.

APeacefulPlaceTxAPeacefulPlaceTxalmost 15 years ago
So much pain from so little pleasure...

I hate to see a marriage end, but some can't be saved. Great writing. Care to write a reconciliation for it, it would be a challenge.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
This

In real life, sometimes the pain is to much and you just have to move on. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
End

She cheated and it ended --end of story

anothermarrieddudeanothermarrieddudealmost 15 years ago
Yet another great offering

Proof that a particularly short story can be poignant and say a lot without using words. Ohio remains in a group on a very short list as those who have to be regarded as our site's leaders in this genre. We hope you can find time to write often.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous