All Comments on 'Spontaneous Combustion'

by curious2c

Sort by:
  • 56 Comments
shangoshangoalmost 15 years ago
Good tale, but your double standard is showing

If the chick had been the Cheater, you'd moved Heaven and Earth to keep them together.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Wow now let me see, no communication, no

counseling, no reconciliation attempts, just heres your walking papers send me alimony. I dont get the alimony part, she was working, unless her job paid a whole lot less than his, and there are no children mentioned, where does the alimony come in. In fact if he lost his job where is the alimony from her to pay him? Cheaters are cheaters, and divorce is the only solution, be if the wife or the husband cheating, but be fair, If you are going to ride in on a horse, dcnt change horses midstream.

FionaVolpeFionaVolpealmost 15 years ago
Simple and to the point.

IMHO 4 years seemed like a fairly short time to fall into that rut, especially with no children. There was probably issues from the first and double standards be damned, there are more than enough displayed around this joint. Thanks for the entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
really

very erotic

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
It takes two to make a relationship work...

or fail. As well, why did she have a heavy suitcase with her if she was going to stay all of one hour? Why did she get alimony and the house? Too many unaswered questions.

bruce22bruce22almost 15 years ago
Nice Story

The author normally writes much longer and detailed stories.

This one fits the song and has enough characterization to give some depth to the personagems. We can discuss the whys and wherefores but we should not lose sight of the fact that the story does the job... Thanks.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioalmost 15 years ago
I think this was in the wrong category . . .

Amanda was the only "loving wife" mentioned in this story. Robert was the one cheating on his marriage to Danielle, not the reverse. I agree with others; why was he paying her alimony? For punishment? The other characters were incidental (like extras in a movie). Probably "Non-erotic" would have fit better. Thanks for writing.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusalmost 15 years ago
well done

Very effective take on the song. Nice to see a C2C story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
I LOVE A Happy Ending.

I'm glad she took his ass to the cleaners.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Nice One

Enjoyed it. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
A shitty one!

This one sucks, period!!!!

SilverWolf78754SilverWolf78754about 14 years ago
About Time

About time wwe see a story of the husband cheating and getting what he deserves.

zed0zed0about 14 years ago
Typical Women Writer

Male bashing at her ball busting best. If the slut wife had been cheating you can bet this author would have wimped the husband with at least two reconciliations at all costs, that would be one gonad per reconciliation, with divorce happening only after emasculation is complete.

thebulletthebulletabout 14 years ago
Does anyone else think that zed is an asshole?

One story in a hundred on this site is about a cheating husband. Had the genders been reversed, zed would have been complaining that the husband didn't cut the boyfriends balls off.

Other than that, the wife acted exactly like zed would have wanted the husband to act like. Great interception of the cheating event, divorce papers on the ready, going after the other cheaters legally... she did all the right things.

But she was a woman! Zed can't handle strong women. To him it means that the writer is a man-hater. What it really means is that zed is a misogynistic asshole.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

Zed is right, some ball bustin bitch wrote the story. In any case sinario the slut needed to be terminated, if you don't like that ES&D!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Yeah, from the tone of this author's story, the author hates men.

The genre of this author's stories is that the male is always reduced to either a wimp or a gutless acceptor of a cheating wife. Fortunately, this poor excuse of an author doesn't appear to be writing any more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Good Girl

I think she was probably one hell of a catch and Robert took her for granted...'Big Mistake'.

You don't take an educated, intelligent woman and play games with her. Sadly, this kind of woman can be the best thing that happens to a man...'A Real Man'!!!

Good Story!

Thanks.

huedogghuedoggalmost 13 years ago
i gave it ten stars

fuck him, he is just as bad as a cheating slut

saratusaratuover 12 years ago
I

am really begining to think you are a woman.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
EVEN SPARKS CANT FIND FIRE

in wet wood. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I

am finally convinced saratu is a cuckold

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
saratu is Transylvanian for

cuckold

saratusaratuover 11 years ago
Anon 3/6/12 is,,,,,

a hidden name for an asshole.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Perfect.

This story lacks all the general drama with implausible solutions, and instead gives a real life quick view of what usually happens when married people play around. The ending sucked, cuz so often the result of cheating sucks. It also brings home the fact that life doesn't have a delete button or a replay option.

ythebadgerythebadgerover 11 years ago
Very neat

not a word wasted. I had a problem imagining her not being observed in the room but, other than that, it worked well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
On point

“Strangers when you meet, strangers when you part -a gymnasium of bodies namelessly masturbating each other. People with no morals often considered themselves more free, but mostly they lacked the ability to feel or to love. So they became swingers. The dead fucking the dead. There was no gamble or humor in their game -it was corpse fucking corpse. Morals were restrictive, but they were grounded on human experience down through the centuries. Some morals tended to keep people slaves in factories, in churches and true to the State. Other morals simply made good sense. It was like a garden filled with poisoned fruit and good fruit. You had to know which to pick and eat, which to leave alone.”

― Charles Bukowski, Women

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanabout 11 years ago
I find it curious to see

that this woman in the same situation as many of your male protagonist, has a great deal more backbone than them. You should write more consequences stories they are more enjoyable than your cuck stories. I gave this a *****.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 11 years ago
Excellent

I hate all cheaters. All deserve to be divorced, alone, broke, and broken. Notice I didn't say dead. I was nice this time.

imhaplessimhaplessalmost 11 years ago
Entertaining

and that's what a story should be.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 10 years ago
Great story,

with all the cheating wife stories, it's refreshing to read a good story about a cheating hubby for a change. It happens on both side of the aisle.

This is well written; short and to the point.

I gave it 5*s.

DFWBeastDFWBeastabout 10 years ago
Excellent!

Really a solid flash story! Like any good story, left me wanting to hear more of the story. Excellent!

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
darn lyrics

" I won't attempt to explain the things that happened To put in words why she's not here would take too long And it's all too far beyond the realm of understanding "

you did exactly what you said you would do, but that left us wanting you to put in to words. All I can say is you were true to the song you chose, to bad he wasn't true to his wife and the vows he took.

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 8 years ago
BTB does not have to mean bitch

BTB does not have to mean bitch, it can also mean bastard. The wife didn't kill him but she got her revenge, even if was limited to financial costs, oh, and him losing her forever as well. A cheating bastard is the same as a cheating slut, a selfish person who does not love their spouse or respect either them or their marriage vows. I don't have a lot of sympathy for cheaters, if things have gotten to the point that you even think of cheating then you either need to work to fix the problems in the marriage or just end it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
I bet he spent some time

And burned his ex wife to the ground.

tazz317tazz317about 8 years ago
KISS.....GOT CAUGHT NAILING

got nailed, TK U MLJ LV NV

SelqSelqover 7 years ago
Excellent flash

I like it when the cheater loses, and this bastard was truly burnt.

Excellent flash story. All the elements in place, and the pacing was superb.

Thank you for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
typical c2c style

this writer has got to be a bitter anger bitch!

foolscapfoolscapover 7 years ago
Nicely told consequences tale

Not really BTB as much as Consequences~ well deserved consequences. Sad and thought provoking. Inevitable outcome for those who put "my needs" above "our needs" and are deceitful about it.

Good flash story. I could find no nits to pick. Thank you c2c

Ain't karma a bitch.

TonyKiwiTonyKiwialmost 7 years ago
wow

it takes a woman in his stories to show some balls. TK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Poignant little tale

Short and poignant. A very bitter sweet little tale. Beautiful written.

LA

calflashcalflashalmost 6 years ago
nicely done

good short story. Sometimes it doesn't take a lot of words to convey a complete story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Boring as fuck useless Feminazi shit

You're gonna be an ape, be a giant gorrila. This guy was a hardcore freak cheating on his Wife and double teaming Chicks with his buddy. He had lost all his interest in his Wife and couldn't give a fuck less about that boring Bitch. He was totally distracted when she tried to talk to him.

Why would he suddenly implode and wallow in misery when she leaves. It doesnt add up. Just some useless moralising and sermonizing Feminazi shit. "Dont cheat on your boring useless Wife or she will leave you and you will live to regret it and be miserable for the rest of your life."

I say just cheat, if she finds out just try to lie and apologise and act contrite. If she falls for it, well never change a winning formula. If the game is up thrn just slink away and just find new Bitches to fuck and dogg. You are a dogg so go dogging. Dont go to a fucking shrink man wtf

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Very well done, ignore the brainless moron below me, doesn't even have the balls to put a name to the rant.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Maybe

Maybe your.best work. I.know that I completely enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Good thing that she's gone

There wasn't much in the marriage to stay for. But the Courts don't care about adultery, she had NO proof he was committing adultery (things may look bad but unless she has pictures of his fucking someone else, it isn't proof) so they split everything, including the sale price of the house, in half. And if he got fired he isn't paying alimony. You can't get blood from a turnip. He moved away and started over, fresh. And things had worked out for him, as you said. And he didn't really care. His ex-wife? She was just alone with her spontaneity.

1 star

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Only in LW can you have the husband as a cheating asshole, and there STILL be a douchebag anon like the one below me pulling for him.

traddisagaintraddisagainabout 3 years ago
much better

still no beginning and still too short what is it about you authors that wants to make you finish a story almost before it starts, still better than previous.

Rancher46Rancher46almost 3 years ago

Well a cheater usually always gets what's coming to them. Most cheaters are so stupid that they don't realize what they have lost until it is too late. Story was really too short, it needed more buildup, it needed the drama of cat and mouse game that cheaters play thinking that they will never get caught and the mistakes they make that leads up to the finale or their comeuppance.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Ignore the divorce papers, take all liquid assets and start over in a different country. Fuck the bitch.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 2 years ago

Last Anon

Fuck you and the horse you can in on. Cheating prick asshole got what he deserved. Lonliness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well told, not too long, well described, I could almost feel the darkness she was standing in and living in. Not really a moral booster though, lol. Thank you for a nice intense read.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

After reading a few mediocre stories, this reminds me again why author is a favorite.

KRD19254KRD192548 months ago

I was expecting him to take a swan dive over the room balcony railing. All is over, all has ended; end of story now she can smile or NOT.

\

4**** Hooyah

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Where's the end?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Very well constructed and told the story. Characters could have been developed a bit more but all in all she filled the cheater with sorrow and proved a strong point..... He was the total problem in their marriage. Only better ending would be she recovers and finds a partner worthy of her love.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

story TAGS

SIMILAR Stories