All Comments on 'Hopeless Situation Ch. 06'

by shandal

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
TricialenTricialenalmost 15 years ago
Loved It

I love alpha men and your Chris was an alpha, boy was he! I loved your story and am so happy that it had such a happy ending...looking forward to more from you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Too bad that the whole bunch didn't get wiped out

Too bad MR Shandal doesn't get to enjoy the pleasures he attributes to his heroine--His fans also

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Oh how sweet!

I just love NC stories with happy endings. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

ellyneiellyneialmost 15 years ago
I'm sorry

I don't get the "twist". I can't understand the female character's choice.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
some do,some don't...

understand this sort of relationship. for me it developed beautifully,with both characters coming full circle. they each serve a need in the other. to form a committed and consensual partnership such as this(maybe not as extreme) is a magical thing, many women dream that it could happen in real life for them. of course this is a fictional story, and shadal you included many fine points about consensual sex into your tale. write on, please! g

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
feels rushed....

Although I LOVED the story overall, I think it would've been better served with a couple of more chapters fleshing out why Rebecca chose what she did. Plus, I think Chris needed to be raked over the coals a scooch more for that beating...............nothing I love to read about more than when an alpha realizes he's gone too far!

thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
I was hoping she the was going to turn the tables

on him and give him a taste of pain, leave him, and call the police. That's what he deserved. I get Dom/Sub relationships but not like this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Nope

Didn't like this one bit. Terrible theme, very disturbing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
I liked it.

I couldn't stop reading once I started. As bad as the situation was, I'm glad Chris saw what he was doing and actually felt remorse, thus giving her freedom to choose for herself what she wanted. I'm surprised she chose to stay so quickly. But overall, I like the story. You're an excellent writter. I can't wait to read more from you.

CheckmarksCheckmarksabout 14 years ago
The best I have read.

This story is by far the best I have read on this site. So well written and detailed. I am not usually one for the long stories but I adored this.

AmoonAmoonabout 14 years ago
Very enjoyable

Really enjoyed the story. Was well written.

dark_crystal_raindark_crystal_rainalmost 14 years ago

Very well written. Really enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
loved it

loved it!!! mmmm wonderful story!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

i liked it a lot u have a lot of talent

BfreetorunBfreetorunalmost 11 years ago
I don't usually read BDSM because I don't like it, a little DOM/SUB is OK.

This was actually too rough for my liking but it did turn out all right as these stories go.

Thank you for writing.

amja7578amja7578over 10 years ago

I liked the story. Very well written and plotted. However, her acceptance of him as her master seems kinda rushed to me. Maybe you could include a few more chapters where he shows her he's changed and treats her right (more respectful of her wishes) so that she gradually grows into it.

Just a thought! ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
not for me unfortunately

This story seemed to be developing very well untill this last chapter where it felt much too rushed. I dont think its realistic that she would want to be his submissive after he holds her against her will and tortures her especially as there's no indication that she is beginning to become a sub before this chapter. The story could still have the same ending though, but perhaps with a couple more chapters in the middle for chris to redeem himself.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Awful

Really after all the crap he pulled on her she goes back to being a slave?? That's not consent. He broke her and her spirit by brutally whipping her. And she's okay with it? No way she should have run home and he could try building a real relationship with her while groveling on her knees. You don't do that to another person, never mind go back to a man who raped and took your freedom for 4 weeks with no regards for your life. She gives up everything, and what did he give up? Nothing.

ravenhairedcutieravenhairedcutiealmost 9 years ago
I agree with the Anonymous who commented bellow...

While I love happy endings, the flow of the story was just really disturbing to me. After everything he had put her through she chose to stay. The heroine experienced a lot of difficulty throughout the story while the so called alpha man didn't. The whole story was really unfair to the heroine if you ask me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Not Believable In. The. Least.

When you make the male protagonist as cold and vicious as this one was in Ch. 01, you simply cannot redeem him so easily, merely by having him decide that maybe he went a little too far in beating the woman he kidnapped, imprisoned, raped, tortured, terrorized, and threatened to kill -- a beating given as punishment for the "offense" of trying to escape kidnapping, rape, torture, life imprisonment, and the threat of death. You started with a mobster who was pretty high on the scale of psychopathy and then tried to finish with a tender love story. It doesn't work.

In case you didn't realize it, Chris's idea of love is what healthy people call an obsession to possess a desired object -- i.e. not the same thing as love at all. And it doesn't foster any reader sympathy to have a villain suddenly turn into a braindead dweeb who doesn't understand the difference between consensual BDSM games and what he did to his victim in this story. Anybody that stupid should be castrated before he pollutes the gene pool. Which means that by the end of the story, your male protagonist was an obsessive, criminal, sociopathic moron. Throwing in a butt plug doesn't make it cute.

Until Ch. 06, Rebecca spent the entire story in terror of Chris, even when he was forcing her to climax. She never stopped wanting to escape and get back to her life; she never stopped trying to escape. Not until she had given up all hope of anything. She only submitted to avoid pain and death, not because it was a turn on for her. Then, we're not only supposed to buy that he's suddenly sorry and that making the grand gesture of telling her she's allowed to leave is sufficient to wipe out the sins of his past, we're also supposed to buy that just because he walked her through a rose garden, she would return to him and ask to be strapped back into the gear that he threatened to asphyxiate her with in Ch. 01?! The only reason for her to have done such a thing is if she was so broken that she was now too terrified to try to leave him, no matter what he said about her being free. And that's not consensual either.

The characters that you wrote about in Ch. 06 bear no resemblance to the characters that you wrote about in Ch. 01-05, and you didn't provide any transition of how they got there or why they were supposed to have changed. This story promised to be interesting initially, but the utterly unrealistic, Pollyanna "twist" was obviously the author's determination to force an ending that made no sense given the beginning.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Don't like the twist

You're a good writer, and the first five chapters showed good story development, however, the twist didn't really work. It's just not believable enough that she would choose this freely, especially if the beating is what broke her spirit. The twist was just too much, too fast. It would have been better to see some more grovelling where she would be treated differently and only gradually come around...

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Favorite by far

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Unbelievable reaction to a beating

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous