All Comments on 'Lynn'

by Tony155

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
DesertPirateDesertPiratealmost 15 years ago
Outstanding!

Thank you for writing about something so personal. Never met Lynn and I feel the loss, that is great writing. Glad to see something from you even if it's not your usual great fiction. Thank You!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Great

We should all be so fortunate to have a friend to remember us like you do Lynn.

Boyd

DawnzoDawnzoalmost 15 years ago
What a wonderful tribute!!

As I sit here crying, moved beyond by your tribute to a friend, I would be so lucky to be remembered. You were a great friend to her as well. Very powerful.

YgraineYgrainealmost 15 years ago
Thank you

Both for sharing your tribute with us, but also for continuing Lynn's work - raising awareness of organ donation and the need for everyone to become involved. Good luck with all your future endeavours.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
I live the same fear

Both of us are 79 years old.Been married 59 years.If she [Jacque]goes first what will I do? My wish is that we go from this earth together.Been together since we were 15.Yours is a sad story but with at least a somewhat happy ending. Great work,Keep writing.

punchlap@aol.com

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 14 years ago
Very moving

I'm amazed by some people whose indomitable spirit extends far beyond themselves. Like Lynn, always thinking of others, their exuberance is infectious. Another person who had a similar personality was Dr Randy Pausch, about whom the book, The Last Lecture was written. Tony155, your story was inspiring.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Very Sad Storie but Atleast u Cant tell it

Very Sad Storie but Atleast u Cant tell it Hurts when some one is taken like that I feel ur pain

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Thank you

This is a stunning testament to friendship and a wonderful memorial for your friend. She lives not just in your memories of us but here.

Thank you

Og

oldwayneoldwayneover 13 years ago
As long as she lives in your memory...

She will never die. What a beautiful tribute to a beloved friend. You made her so real to me and I'm truly touched by your obviously heartfelt rembrance of one so dear.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 11 years ago
Incredible

Being a kidney-pancreas transplant recipient myself this tale hits home like none has before. I've been there, done that, laughed and cried with my fellow recipients. Having ten years in I only hope people are aware that organ donation is the ultimate gift you can give your fellow man. God bless you'

Contact Gift of Life Foundation in Philadelphia for more info.

Sid0604Sid0604almost 11 years ago
Thank you

A very moving story. The world could do with more people like Lynn.

CalliciousCalliciousalmost 11 years ago
I thought so!

This story brings to life your best story, "For Love of a Brother." I have read it a number of times, and I've always felt you were more than a casual observer of transplants. Thank you, sir, for a very moving, heart-rending story of a friend, and for blending that same compassion into your fiction.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Sad Story ending but that is life!

Upbeat to the end. I have had several friends pass away recently one after long illness who had moved 400 miles away and I had not seen for several years. As I near the elderly age, I begin to think of what will happend to family, friends etc.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
Powerful

poignant.

painful.

positive

potentially peaceful

please

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
SAD

It is truly rare to meet people like Lynn in one's life. Friendly, strong, influential, energetic, convincing, driven, upbeat, strong, organized and humble are a few of the adjectives that could be used to describe Lynn. She lived a full life in time she had. Unfortunately cancer took her too early. 5 STARS CC

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Absent Friends

You can never really tell who they'll be, Those people in your life who make you a better person. They radiate kindness and purpose. You love them. You can't not. It is as inevitable as the dawn. Sometimes there is a sexual component, but more often than not your relationship transcends mere sexual attraction. Soul mates are a real thing, and they can be men and women.

I have been blessed to have some of these people in my life. Some of them have stayed, but some of them have passed on. Tragic as their loss is, as deeply as it hurts our very soul, our lives are better for having these people in our lives however briefly.

Why such bright lights are taken from us is impossible to truly comprehend, but we go on. As long as their names are spoken they never truly die. Thank you for your story, and bless you and your friend Lynn.

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

Sad story, but well written. 5-stars

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

Enjoyed reading it again after 13 years!

5

Coochielover71Coochielover714 months ago

Great story. A real tear jerker.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous