All Comments on 'Daybreak Ch. 15'

by purefire

Sort by:
  • 58 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Other stories?

Are there going to be stories for the other brothers? I'd love to know what makes Liam the way he is. And Alexis is intriguing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
what?!

Are you fucking kidding me? That's the end? Wow. Lame. You have so many loose ends. That was the shittiest sort of resolution ever. You said that you had a purpose to shorter chapters but I fail to see it. I could see this being the cliffhanger ending that leads to other stories for the Brethheren, but to end it all like this? Poorly done. We're supposed to be left wanting more, but this is too much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
what?!

Are you fucking kidding me? That's the end? Wow. Lame. You have so many loose ends. That was the shittiest sort of resolution ever. You said that you had a purpose to shorter chapters but I fail to see it. I could see this being the cliffhanger ending that leads to other stories for the Brethheren, but to end it all like this? Poorly done. We're supposed to be left wanting more, but this is too much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Keep it captivating...

Cried a little :) definitely waiting to see how this plays out in the rest of the series...

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
No!!!

Please find a why to bring Nadia back. Great story can't wait for the next series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Ummm.... really??

that's it? Well that just sucks ass I WANT VENGEANCE!! Someone needs to pay for killing my fav character. Although I liked getting to know more about the Boys in this story, I honestly didn't think it was as good as the Order. And as for chemistry, Andrae & Nadia were scorchin' compared to J & Charisma who barely sizzled. Will continue to read more about the Brothers... cheers

bitofkinkbitofkinkover 14 years ago
Mixed Thoughts

Ok, so I didn't like the end. That Nadia had to die was a bit extreme. What about the test she & D were supposed to pass before they could have kids? And the conflict introduced into the brothers seems a bit extreme - they already had so much to begin with. There were alot of loose ends and teasers that were left (a bit more than are my personal taste). And really, bringing back Zaide? If the all-knowing, all-powerful High Council banished him shouldn't he stay banished? But construction-wise, your writing is as good as ever.

All that being said, it is your story to tell, not mine. So I'll just wait to see what more you have to say before I make a final opinion. But I do have to agree with a previous post and say I liked Order better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
The End?

I think it was a pretty good story but the ending I didnt like so much please bring Nadia back somehow

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Yes Sad....but that's life isn't it

Would love to always have happy endings for all....but as we know life doesn't always happen that way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
......

I knew it was going to end this way after Nadia had foreseen two being captured and only one returning. Predictable. You kill off the favorite character who had a heap of shit on their plate but keep the character no one really cared about. D and the rest of the family is hurt beyond words and now D has returned to his old job, at least J keeps the girl but will forever be riddled with guilt. Lo and behold at the end Zaide is keeping track of a soul and wants a way out of his banishment. I have to agree with some previous comments I did like the Order better not because of the happy ending but because the plot line made sense and the story was fulfilling. The one was confusing and not as fulfilling. ~~ CJA

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
......

I knew it was going to end this way after Nadia had foreseen two being captured and only one returning. Predictable. You kill off the favorite character who had a heap of shit on their plate but keep the character no one really cared about. D and the rest of the family is hurt beyond words and now D has returned to his old job, at least J keeps the girl but will forever be riddled with guilt. Lo and behold at the end Zaide is keeping track of a soul and wants a way out of his banishment. I have to agree with some previous comments I did like the Order better not because of the happy ending but because the plot line made sense and the story was fulfilling. This one was really didn't make a lot of sense and was not as fulfilling. ~~ CJA

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
I don't hate it...

I just don't like it. I wasn't looking for ahappy ending because I know there always isn't one but this ending was lacking to say the least. I mean no offense to Charisma but I just don't see what role she will play in the longterm now with Nadia I could see something. In the end I'm left asking myself what was the point of this installment? I have to agree with the previous comment this ending was rather predictable. This story doesn't leave me wanting more at all. I know there are a lot of loose ends which you will use for the other brother's story but in a way it seems too much of the story is left open. Zaide's character I'm sure will find a way out of banishment and I think I know who's soul he's tracking.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
I don't hate it...

I just don't like it. I wasn't looking for ahappy ending because I know there always isn't one but this ending was lacking to say the least. I mean no offense to Charisma but I just don't see what role she will play in the longterm now with Nadia I could see something. In the end I'm left asking myself what was the point of this installment? I have to agree with the previous comment this ending was rather predictable. This story doesn't leave me wanting more at all. I know there are a lot of loose ends which you will use for the other brother's story but in a way it seems too much of the story is left open. Zaide's character I'm sure will find a way out of banishment and I think I know who's soul he's tracking.

punkin1077punkin1077over 14 years ago
I agree...

I don't hate it but I don't like it either. The Order was a way better story. To be honest I never connected with Charisma. I never really saw what her purpose was. Now Nadia was a whole different story. I'm still in shock that the favorite character was killed off. To me, she made the brothers more human even when they didn't want to be. Now D is in worse shape than before and has returned to his old ways. I don't see how in the hell that will help anything. I'm even pissed he gave his house away. That house was meant for Nadia. What happens now if she does come back. It feels like Jamison and Charisma stole D's life and are now living it. I just don't like it especially since I didn't even like Charisma. Just ewwww. I'm not sure I want to read anymore but of course I'll check just to see if Nadia comes back. In my own opinion, her death did not bring any of the brothers closer together just drove them farther apart. So yeah, I didn't like it.

On a good note, the writing as usual was great.

bad_girl69bad_girl69over 14 years ago
ok ok...

It wasnt a bad story... but, not the greatest ending. Nadia has to come back! I know life isnt fair... but she has to come for him... they are suppose to have a family!!! Its not fair.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
OK!! Now what's next??

The story just needs an epilogue to use a lead to another story with follow-up references to clean up the end of these characters, if you intend to do another story along these lines.

SuperflyredheadSuperflyredheadover 14 years ago
:(

I enjoyed this story but not nearly as much as The Order. i understand that life isnt all about happy endings but thats not why i read fiction :). So i was alittle disappointed that Nadia died and i will keep reading if you continue on the other brothers stories but a part of me will still really want Nadia to come back. So other then my own issues, it was good writing but i think The Order was way better

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 14 years ago
I enjoyed this story as well

but am quite disappointed in the conclusion. I wanted to see more evolution in Jameson and Charisma's relationship. We got to see them tested but then it's like oh well, Nadia wanted us to be together, let's stop fighting it and fill a house with kids. The end. Kind of abrupt. Felt like an unnatural conclusion to me. There's got to be more issues of guilt and anger and I'm surprised you didn't delve into those feelings more. Also ending the story with Nadia dead does not leave me in a happy place. It's only for the good quality of writing that I'm giving this a 50. If it were purely for enjoyment I would score it lower. Hopefully the next chapter will be back to the quality of the order and the rest of Daybreak. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Man...

I loved this story until the end :( although your way of capturing every emotion and feeling usually comes through.. I felt like the ending was a rush job. Like you were almost tired of writing.. Still a 10 IN my book but would've liked a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
still don't get it...

so what was the point of Nadia's death? What role does Charisma play in the brothers' life? Oh yea, I'm not sure if I asked this but why is Nadia dead? I don't get it I'm just so confused.

csmith75csmith75over 14 years ago
Maybe it's just me

Are you planning on continuing the story under a different brother? I can't see why you left it off like that.. Too many times in the story you said Nadia was being tested? Was her willingness to give up her life part of the test? Good story overall, not as good as The Order but still enjoyable. I just don't get why you took the story in the direction that you did.. Kind of feel like the end was just dumped to bring it to an end

honeybreehoneybreeover 14 years ago
constructive criticism and loving feedback

I think you are a talented writer and I love your previous stories, but the Daybreak series just fallen a little short to me (in many ways not just the ending). Don't get me wrong, I love your characters but I didn't think Charisma was a strong leading female character for someone like Jameson. I didn't identify with Charisma at all because she really had no depth or range and I didn't know what role she played in the story. I felt Jameson and Charisma's romance failed especially to say the stories was mostly about them yet D and Nadia's love overshadowed them. Daybreak really didn't grab my attention like the Order did, I just read it to support your stories and follow your progress, I really didn't get the enjoyment out of it. Maybe you are working on another series with a different brother but this one kind of felt rushed, sort of like you grew tried of the series yourself and it had a bit to many loose ends. I don't mind a sad ending because everything doesn't have a happy ending in life but the build up of how it ended and the execution of it made most of the readers scratch their heads a bit. Your writing style is great and your words and emotions flows well, it just the vision of this story didn't do it for me. But I will continue to support your work because you took your time to write a story, in which your not getting paid for so we can read it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Won't hate you

At least, not as long as you tell us what happens next!

AnnOnymousFantasiaAnnOnymousFantasiaover 14 years ago
Good story

But I have to agree with others' comments - it seemed to focus too much on A. and N. than on J. and C. There's nothing wrong with killing off characters, honestly, I wish more authors would do it, but that plot should have been quick and taken less than a chapter toward the end, or have centered around Charisma and Jamison.

starry_nightstarry_nightover 14 years ago
That's life

You can't always have a happy ending. However, it's always devastating when one of the good guys dies especially when it's someone as beloved and important as Nadia. I mean she brought the Brethren together and got Andrae in touch with his humanity. Despite the sad ending of this story, I'm glad Jameson met Charisma and doesn't have to be alone anymore. I noticed you said that this edition of the series is finished so will there be more? I hope so. I love reading about the Brethren and am excited for the series to continue. Thanks for writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
But but but.

I can't give you a less than perfect rating although I did not completely enjoy the development of this series. I wish Z had been destroyed. Instead, no doubt, one day he will cause trouble again. Yet, we will never get to read about it. Also, sometimes sad endings are best... but not this time. The ending gave me little closure.

caribbeanislandcaribbeanislandover 14 years ago
You can't leave us hanging like this!!!!!

So Nadia is dead, Zaide is 'somewhere' soon to return and Alexis is acting differently. Hmm Nadia reborn maybe?

We need a third series to tie up the loose ends. It can't end like this. Personally I'd like to fry the High Council but I have to remember this is fiction - lol.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Oh NO!!!!

Oh, this is just terrible. Why did she have to stay dead! Say she will be reborn again. It's just so sad. Still morning in the end.

Please write more and please make it happy :)

Thanks for the story,

Marianne.

spearman1spearman1over 14 years ago
Yup!!

It's official you are EVIL!!! How dare you leave a cliffhanger like that!!!? That was just mean.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
why love!?

no matter how many times I read your series I ALWAYS cry over Nadia. I can't even appreciate the other female characters in the series. You're as cold as Zaide. Please, bring Nadia back....please?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Luved ur storie!

I think the first comment was alittle rude, did the person who wrought it think about the time and work purefire put in to this storie? no. I also think wat u said about purefire being as cold hearted as Zaide was mean and unfair, because 1 person out of like 14(14 can be the wrong number of ppl in the storie i'm just useing it as a example) died!...I mean boo freaking woo!!!

-----------------------------------------

By the way Purefire pls don't pay no mind to the first comment about changing it. I luved ur storie, even tho it was alittle sad at the end....i was also wondering if u can make a sequel about Charisma and Jameson having

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
oh god no!!

i was so sure nothing would happen to her!!! you cant take her away! please please bring her back.. its just not right to kill her in such a horrid way n leave him like that!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Andraemalek and Nadia

You can't kill her!! That is soo wrong. If it was not for her then this story would not have started.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
:'(

i literally cried for hours after reading the end of this :(

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago

This is a very evil thing you did, why sacrifice the one true love of the brothers. Such misery and grief is not suppose to happen.

lostchickenlostchickenalmost 14 years ago
I don't know...

whether to hate or admire you - after all you killed a significant character, the reason why most of us became addicted to the series and one of the shining lights of the story... WHY!!!! After a few weeks, I may stop crying uncontrollably enough to have faith in your storyline but my heart goes out to D for this... big time!!

PS - it took courage to do what you did and I do applaud you for that one!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Sigh.. I loved the first series, but reading this second one broke my heart. Not even worth reading the third series anymore. Nice plots though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Why?

The loss of Nadia was heartbreaking, please tell me that she will be reincarnated and find D. again. But I will keep reading in that hope. Great story!!!!!

AyamiAyamiabout 13 years ago

killing her has ruined this for me because u dont bring her back some way (accidently read the 1st one of the 4th Series first till i realized i was missing something) i just cant read the rest i was really into it but i really like her in it if she dose come back PLEASE let me no i just cant read it if it end in complete heart break for D. But other than this LOVED the rest of the story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
although...

although I hate sad endings, I admire your realism. In life, shit happens to good people. To go through all that and not have a single fatality... impossible.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
brutally beautiful

ugh i just read the first one and fell in love with their story and then read this one and had it torn apart. it was brutal but your stories and character are vibrant and real. i feel like i just got stabbed in the gut but now im off to read the third one and hope she or d come back in some way shape or form and what about the other brothers?? dont fall of lit without giving them each a story lol

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
sadface!

nooooo, really? You're just gonna go and smash an eternal bond like that? what about the tests D and her had to go through, there was a story beyond her death I know it, it can't be the end for her!! there was meant to be kids and love and happiness and shit, her final death, right now at this stage in the story, it just doesn't fit! nooooo bring her back!!!

i understand in real life shit happens, people die and you can't bring them back, but thats because in the real world people don't go round throwing fire balls out of their hands and supernatural crap like that.... so you can totally bring her back, and you totally should!!

:'(

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
bring Nadia back

please, please, please, bring Nadia back...D's not whole without her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Common!

I know real life isn't always fair and you don't usually get happy endings but this isn't real life and we don't read stories so we can feel even more depressed than before. The Brethren family is already through so much and then you go kill the lead and your reader's favorite female character. And additionally the bad guy is still alive and as far as I can see will try to find out a way to come out eventually Honestly! bring some happy light to your stories. The order was way better than this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

to the people bitchin about the end, please STFU! Obviously the author is making a SERIES and so the show must go on. And if you can take little hints: the council gave them (nadia and andrea) some kind of "trial" *wink.wink* If you read her other series, you can tell that it's slowly connecting together like a web. And I BELIEVE that nadia will come back but it takes time and I'm fine with what the author has in mind because I like to see the other brothers find love, although, like many of the readers; I'm kinda-impatiently-patiently waiting for nadia and andrea reunion. Thank you purefire!!! I just started reading your stories today and I'm hooked!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
cant give less than 1 star

voted and commented accordingly... guess for me your stories died with nadia

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Amazing!

Can't keep from the screen! I love the story line that you've created and can't wait to read about the other 10 brothers!

Please keep this work of art rolling!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
dude

You suck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I love you purefire ;-)

Seriously, I love all your works! I read the whole series twice now and I keep coming back for more.

Can't wait for the new chapters x

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Great Story

Well I want to commend you on a well told story. Getting me to enjoy the characters then killing off one of my favorites. Evil Evil. So If that soul doesn't find its way back in the future I'm cursing you with a really long life accompanied with gout, chronic migraines and more. Again really good story.

jay_gjay_gabout 12 years ago

second time reading it and I still cried like a baby.... These are such great stories! Thanks for sharing!

shortydeeshortydeealmost 12 years ago
Even with

the lost of a Naidia you have made it well worth the read.I love the cliffhanger. I will be reading the next story soon.

hellokitty1hellokitty1over 11 years ago
WTH

I know you had your reasons for killing off Nadia's character but I don't like it. Especially because you ended it without explaining! Hurt, angry, and confused. But I am going to suck it up and hope the next story is happier and if Nadia is not returned some mystical way in the same body with the same soul I will be mentally kicking you in the leg. :(

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Beautiful story

As upsetting as it is that Nadia died and left Andre...I believe it gives the story a more realistic plot. Life isn't a fairytale, things happen and overall I thoroughly enjoyed the plot and characters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Grrr

I am so fucking livid right now!!! You fucking kill Nadia and banish the asshole to another realm or something! And after all the shit they've been through? Why didn't charisma steal all of the powers from the demon and transfer it to someone? She didn't have to obey him!

Effin pissed ...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Pissed off

In my opinion...not a good way to end the story

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Thank You 5 ✨✨✨✨✨

An awesome story, that drew me in, I had to complete this saga before I lay my head down and dream the fight on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Okay so I haven't read any of your other stories, so I'm basing this on just this story.

The premise was good, most characters were solid, written well but.. Nadia ruined it. Saying that visions of the future are unchangeable creates an unending paradox that eliminates any agency from the characters.

It didn't matter how well the characters were written, what they though, what they chose, Nadia washed it all away like a biblical flood. It makes everything feel hollow and empty. While she seemed like a nice character, I'm relieved she's dead if you're thinking of sequels. Involving time in any capacity with these stories ruins momentum.

It's similar to jaz_cullen(I think?) Stories, where all these super powerful men are wrapped around some super special woman's finger and every action is dictated by what she says, it leaves every other character devoid of depth.

Overall a fun read, but fell flat in the second half for me.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous