All Comments on 'In Hoc Signo Vinces'

by greenmountaineer

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
vrosej10vrosej10over 14 years ago
An ode to consumerism.

Alway good to hear from greenmountainer. Always the unexpected. I await you next poem with baited breath.

EroticOrogenyEroticOrogenyover 14 years ago
Good little poem

Got a good laugh from the ending.

I used to use Prell - green and gooey - do they still make it anymore? Never smoked Pall Mall, but one of my professors smoked them all the time, back in the 70's when one could smoke most places. We wondered if he'd start a fire, using a wastebasket as an ash tray.

greenmountaineergreenmountaineerover 14 years agoAuthor
Ode to Joy Dishwashing Liquid

Yes, EO, they still make Prell, but Joy will do in a pinch if you're out of it. Pall Mall is still around too which, if you were lucky enough to remember now banned TV and radio commercials for cigarettes in the US, you know is pronounced "Pell Mell." Thanks, vrosej10, for your comments which I trust were as satirical as the poem was intended to be by your characterization of it as an ode, for I come not to praise Proctor & Gamble, but to bury them.

Next time it will be an ode to pills. Thanks to medical science and television we now know how to sleep through the night, move our bowels properly, and at least some of us no longer have to worry about erectile dysfunction.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous