All Comments on 'Any Opportunity Will Do Ch. 20'

by shandal

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
A wrapup that didn't?? ;<)

A few questions as they came to me...

<P>

<BR>1- Who got the gun to the polish girl?

<BR>2- How high in the bureaucracy did the conspiracy go?

<BR>3- Did the Polish girl's assistant in Ch 19 know she was helping her avoid the metal detector?

<BR>4- Will Konstantine (spelling??) survive six years in prison?

<BR>5- Will Josh and John survive their new security jobs?

<BR>6- Will Konstantine (spelling??) remain steadfast in his desire for revenge?

<BR>7- Will his new boss allow him to settle an old score even though it might draw official attention to his drug business?

<BR>8- Will someone tell the drug lord of Konstantine's (spelling??) ineptitude and singing voice as regards Kat and Alexei?

<BR>9- Why did you use "were" and "where" interchangeably in this story?

<P>

As the yellow rag said, inquiring minds want to know

<P>

<I>-- srgeek --</I>

shandalshandalover 14 years agoAuthor
In answer to your questions

Dear Anonymous in USA, in answer to the many questions with regards my story, the answers are as follows:

The Polish girl, like anyone in the UK can get hold of a gun just by asking around in the local pub. They are cheap and often supplied by East European immigrants who bring them in to sell.

No-one knows how high the conspiracy went as in the UK, just like the US the authorities cover up their dirty laundry, and most of us never find out what really goes on, or how bad.

No the Polish girl didn't involve her case workers who accompanied her to court. Revenge makes you devious, especially when your mind is unhinged, and you no longer trust anyone after you have been through what she went through.

Konstantin (correct spelling - taken from Russian Male names on-line site) may or may not survive his six years in prison, but who can predict the future.

Will the drug lord find out about his singing like a Canary? Who knows, maybe that should be another novella for another day. Watch this space.

And as to the spelling mistakes, I apologise - but who on this site, including you can claim to be perfect. If I was I would hate myself as perfection is boring, and feedback on my imperfection allows me to learn and improve.

Hope this helps, and thanks for the feedback.

Cheers

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Great Story

This was a well written story, nice flow and story line. Thank you Shandal, job well done. I hate that Alexei found her again and managed to cause her more pain and that Josh never got a chance to kick his " blank " but the fact that the broken polish girl got the last word. IT HELPED! :D Good Job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Excellence in a short story...

I really enjoyed your little story which included everything the bard did except incest which is good. Romance. pain, joy, anguish, a hero, and a cast of real people who are connected and willing to do what was right, somehow I think this story smacks of real life experience. Please continue with other stories they do so fill my time and concepts of honor interest me a lot as I believe I am also honorable and tough as a former soldier should be. Thanks for the fun in this one...

Hubbys_PrincessHubbys_Princessover 11 years ago
becky?

Loved it but slighty confused by the name becky appearing?

phil2213phil2213about 11 years ago
good 5 star story

There was a dismal gloom hovering at the finale in the aspect of happily ever after. Konstantin vowed to kill Katrina while serving a twelve year sentence that will actually only require 6 years served. This element being presented by the author without any resolve was a wet towel on an otherwise blissful ending. The author has the power to insert an epilogue to truly make this a happy ending.

potsherdpotsherdabout 10 years ago
One loose end...

..I should have liked to see tied up. What happened to the bent policeman who betrayed them, and the prick of a briefing officer who gave their whereabouts away?

MarraTedMarraTedover 6 years ago
An extremely well crafted story.

A thoroughly enjoyable story . The only criticism that I can offer is the extreme shortness of the chapters!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

really enjoyed the story. but as others have said, did Konstene kill them?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous