All Comments on 'All Over the News'

by imsally

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Hmm a woman who is impressed by a job and

benefits when she has so much inheritance she has to donate to charities, get real. Usually most doctors do not want to stop at accidents because of liability. They do not have the equipment to help nor the trained support staff. EMTs on the other hand have the training and the equipment to be first on scene. Granted if you are the first there you render aid. Not sure a cop has the authority to order a doctor to stop assisting injured people. Then again the cop only had her word she was a doctor. There is a tremendous difference between being a GP, which she was, and a trauma doctor/surgeon. Interesting read but you could have cleaned it up a bit. Forty year old broads driving around in vettes are interesting as long as they arent gross to look at, ie fat as hell.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
'Good Samaritain' Laws

Doctors, nurses, police, firefighters, etc are required to stop and render assistance at an accident scene. As long as they do thier best, the good samaritain laws acts as umbrella protection against liability. The police can not order them to stop unless other EMT's arrive on scene. Even then, the EMT's will generally assist the doctors work. But they are by law required to stop. Also, ER doctors, surgeons, neuro specialists, etc are GP's who have gone on further to specialize in a single field of medicine. JimDinMn

imsallyimsallyover 14 years agoAuthor
Always the questions?

Get real? I am. I made 85K at the clinic, 105K when I was director. My new job is over twice that. When my friend passed she left me a lot. I still get the annual checks from a silly casino win of her husband's, yes, I donate. I have too much income and I did not earn it, gifts help me to cope with that. Silly? Perhaps to some, not to me. I worked in a trauma center fresh out of school as an RN, I hated that, but I know how to handle trauma although the one I speak of was terrible and I was woefully inadequate.

I sometimes went home and cried about what I saw in the trauma center, I do not like blood and pain. The wellness clinic suits me much better.

Why did the police officer tell me to stop? I do not know, he just did. Why do I drive that pretty red z06 Corvette? Because I like it and I can. No one ever sees me in my Impala, everyone notices me in the Corvette.

Vanity? Yes, I suppose. Think three decades as a wallflower, the woman that was just there? That is not me now, at least I believe that deep inside.

This weekend I am going out with a man most tell me is an outlaw biker? Why, I do not know. Perhaps because he made me laugh.

I am writing this morning in my office. It is larger than the living room in my house. How did I get here, and why? How do I deserve this life, the way things turned out?

I don't know, I am just..

Sally

Poizon69Poizon69over 14 years ago
Sally,

I have the utmost respect for what you and every other Nurse, Doctor, Surgeon, GP, you get the picture does. Along with any law enforcement or emergency agencies. I have followed your stories from when you first posted. I can only say I hope you are NOT the woman in your first stories On LIT, you should be proud of where you are now. And if you are a person who likes driving around with the roof of your car down, I assume with music playing, and letting people look at you and know who you are? then go for it. As for dating a biker? Well as an EX-biker I say again go for it. We are not as bad we seem. As my wife can testify to.

As always Sally thanks for the post, it is interesting as always.

azchris62azchris62over 14 years ago
Great job

I have been following you since you came on the scene with Lee. Wonderful stories about your life. Having been at the seen of a similar accident (though not nearly as horrific) it makes all of us feel good that there are people like you. I feel you are so genuine when i read your stories. I don't know where that idiot was coming from. Hope you have a great time on your date.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
WAIT AND SEE WHAT

bide a wee" brings. TK U MLJ LV NV

coigachboycoigachboyabout 8 years ago
There us more tothisstory

Another chapter or two would be good to finish the story

chytownchytownabout 7 years ago
Good Read****

Sometime the shortest flash stories are the most interesting. Thanks for sharing.

tazz317tazz317about 7 years ago
JUMP IN UNCHARTED WATERS

can you think of any risks. TK U MLJ LV NV

rightbankrightbankabout 7 years ago
interesting set of circumstances

equally interesting response.

I think I would have asked his name, and agreed to meet him somewhere public before giving my address.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
5 STARS

It would not have been 5 stars if there were no sequel coming as I do NOT like unfinished stories and this one left me hanging. But over 7 years till the sequel? Hum...interesting.

This was an intriguing story including some characters that were colorful in both a good way (the joking wounded motorcycle guy) and a bad way (the bossy cop who did not know what he was doing).

So interested in the story that I did not even think about how it was written -- a sign of good writing.

I like it when authors participate in the comments.

On to part 2

Paul in Oklahoma

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 5 years ago
Nice

I'm glad this caught my eye. An interesting interaction. How great was it that an actual doctor was on the scene when she was needed the most. Did she marry the biker? I guess we'll see...

Five Stars

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous