All Comments on 'Naoko: Sunday'

by eatoure

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
C_frommnC_frommnover 14 years ago
Very Good Story

The Only thing was the Ending ..we got no clue as to what happened to NAOKO was it a train accident,car accident,?

but a very Entertaining Story

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Sad but predictable ending

Good story, enjoyed the intimate scenes but all too predictable sad ending of what happens to some Japanese women who has a fling with a gaijin (foreigner) and couldn't hide it. I think I know what happened. She either became pregnant or contracted an STD. Unable to get an abortion and guilt ridden over the fling, there was no choice but to commit suicide. In some parts of Japan, a woman pregnant by a gaijin or inflicted with an STD not only brings shame to herself but also to her family. No Japanese man will touch her thereafter. There is no future for her in Japan. She probably doesn't have money to leave Japan. The only way out is to commit suicide.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Ending still a mystery

A pregnancy or STD requiring "honor be met" doesn't make sense here, as she has been in the hospital very soon after here encounter w Lucian, not giving time for her to know she was pregnant or infected. It is more likely some pre-existing illness or a violent trauma she barely survived (or won't survive, given the way her visitors already seem to be mourning her).

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Seems to me she was terminally ill, and knew it from the beginning when she made her plan to meet a stranger in the hotel so far from home, and pursue a life adventure

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous