All Comments on 'Sound Business Advice'

by PostScriptor

Sort by:
  • 45 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Well Written

Good twist, always enjoy your stories, thanks.

Orion623Orion623over 14 years ago
Very Nicely Written

Clever and well thought out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Good Read

Saw a form of the ending from the opening gate. But, it was still a good read...

bruce22bruce22over 14 years ago
Really Well Done

I knew where it had to go, but really enjoyed the analogies that he used in the conversation. This was well thought out and constructed. I will never look at an orange again in the same way. Certainly he is living dangerously not pushing the divorce and eating home cooked meals with that woman....

fregenfregenover 14 years ago
How delicious

To have the offending party unknownly dictate their own punishment. While the category gave a huge hint it was still very enjoyable.<P>

Thanks for sharing.

KOTKKOTKover 14 years ago
Excellent, Excellent -- EXCELLENT.

Very clever story. Well, Audrey dug her own grave, sort of. But I think there's some chances of them getting back together, who knows. Another masterpiece, thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
GREAT READ

Postscriptor is one of the best writers in this genre. Keep em coming, PS!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
100+

Simply one of the best of this genre I have read.

Poizon69Poizon69over 14 years ago
Well Done PostScriptor.

Nicely done, cool, calm and very considered by the husband. As always a very good read from you. Keep the stories coming.

zed0zed0over 14 years ago
Well Said

Enjoyed the hell out it, ripping good yarn.

Tail End PeteTail End Peteover 14 years ago
This is a modern version

of a fairy tale I heard when I was a child. It was in a castle and the King was asking advice from the witch concerning a similar problem. She ordered the culprit boiled in oil, so the King had her thrown in the boiling oil. I'm glad we have lawyers now instead of boiling oil.

Or... maybe not. Good job.

TE_RossTE_Rossover 14 years ago
Entertaining

I'm Sorry that I could only give this story a 100.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Very Good One!!!

I saw the twist at the beginning, but it was great!Victim by Her own words.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Excellent, until the end

OK, we knew what he was up to, how could we not at this web-site! It was still excellent. But, Why is he having dinner with her? According to him, he will never trust her, or want to have kids with her. So, why stick around? This is especially true with his analysis of his temperment, he is heading back to a bad relationship. There is nothing in this story about forgiveness or her long term change. So, that part of the story irritates me - but I've known a few people who have done similar things so I'll keep it at 100%. Thanks for writing - Ttom

SleeplessinMD2SleeplessinMD2over 14 years ago
Outstanding!

Audrey could have given advice recommending reconciliation since George was a long term friend. Jim like many in his position just do not cut off the cheating spouse who had meant everything to him. I have no problem with the post breakup dinners since it gives her a chance to explain why she did it. She did it because she could do it which speaks volumes about the respect and love she do not have for Jim. If Jim is weak enough to go back to her she will cheat again. In her mind if he is weak enough to take her back he deserves what he gets. Forgiveness does not mean absolution. Thanks for a thoughtful and realistic story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Excellent story from a talented writer.

Only problem I had with this story was that he didn't follow all of her advice in that he didn't "just deal with it, get it over, put it behind you, and get back to living your life".

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
I Liked This

I think the final ending was good and liked the story. Thanks for it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
quite original

Quite original and very well written story. I truly enjoyed reading it. A little jewel among the abundant garbage of Literotica

CarlosCCarlosCalmost 14 years ago
Excellent

I had to read it twice, to see how he led her down that primrose lane, well done!

jiminabjiminabover 13 years ago
To bad

Her own petard. Thanks for the story. Very good. Jim

deadsoondeadsoonover 13 years ago
Excellent

One of the best!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Here Here

He should move on without her. I for "One" don't believe in good looking women, that think they can do anything they want to, with no conclusion to their infamy. Today most women think that "Pussy power" will allow them to do whatever they want, but what they should understand, is,that every women has a PUSSY....

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
Good Advice

I'll have to remember that.

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
A ROCK THROWER IN A GLASS HOUSE

and the throwee gets burnt. TK U MLJ LV NV

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago
Loved it

Great story. The hard truth said as succinctly as possible. Five stars.

Slowride_Slowride_about 10 years ago
Perfect.

You nailed this one PS.

chytownchytownalmost 10 years ago
Good Read***

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
So true

Right on the money.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
Hoist on her own petard

She may well have learned from her mistakes - is it worth the risk??

Hard to answer for another - and there is no true wrong answer without the history the future represents -

Pappy7Pappy7over 9 years ago
Well written

To be married or not to be married, that is the question presented here. Whether it's nobler to suffer the slings and arrows of betrayal or just curb the bitch.

I say curb.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
5 stars

Jim took exactly the right steps. Let the whore hang herself.

Years ago, I was ready to marry. I'd grown up next door to the perfect girl and we were girlfriend/boyfriend off and on over the years. I was head over heels in love, but she was the first one to ever say it. It didn't take long and we were married, talking babies and buying that house with the white picket fence.

Then I came home one day and she was sitting there with her suitcases packed. She needed her 'space'. We needed to make sure we wanted to be married for the next seventy years. I was devastated, not sure what to do. Before I had a chance to make any decisions, she took it away by walking out the door. I cried like I've never cried in my life, before or since. Life felt as if it had ended.

The next time I saw my wife, Jodi, she didn't happen to notice me. Why? I was seated in a corner booth and was watching her sitting close to her boyfriend, Tom, who I'd heard about. Sure enough, they left no doubt they were a couple. I was done with her but since we didn't own anything, I was going to leave divorce for her.

The first thing I did was move out of our rental. Her stuff that she hadn't taken was donated to Goodwill. My stuff, well, I'd taken an add out in the paper and it said I was no longer responsible for her shit so I bought myself a house. Well, property and a damn shack. It was only a 16x20 cabin but me and my fellow workmates tore into it like we only had a week to do it and no one was getting paid. Which was all true! The guys were great, our boss gave us the week off, paid, and I used every nickel I could get my hands on to fix the place up.

It sat on 20 acres with a nice big pond on it. There was a well asnd septic and those I had a company come in and check out and make repairs. It didn't cost much, which I was thankful for, when he declared everything good to go. The place wasn't hooked up to electricity, so we had the company generator to run our equipment. We had a 30' flatbed trailer loaded with everything I'd ordered. And a week to use it all up.

First, we tore off the inside walls, replaced any damaged studs and began insulating it. While we did that, some of the guys tore the roof off, built the walls higher and rebuilt a pitched roof/ceiling. We went with metal for the roofing, something I've never been unhappy with. Then we put in a loft with a relatively steep staircase to save space. We also put in three windows upstairs for airflow and so I could see out. downstairs, when we installed the knotty pine interior, we put in the kitchen cabinets one of my coworkers built at home and charged me for anything he had to buy, which was little. Most everything was discarded from other jobs. How he made it so nice is beyond me!

The only additions were a back porch that was built in. We insulated it too, it would be a pantry, also a bathroom was built on the same side as the kitchen, to keep the plumbing together.It had a nice toilet, big corner shower and sink, cabinets and big assed mirror. In the living room we put in a big picture window and then we put down beautiful hardwood flooring. Also in the kitchen, we put in a small wood cookstove my parents had in their barn, after having it rebuilt and it looked like new! Last but not least, we built a covered deck off the front and then a covered area off the back corner of one side for a woodshed. We had wired it so I could just plug in a Honda generator and have all the power I needed! Electricity, plumbing and a wood stove, I was set.

After we got back to work for the boss, I started hearing that Jodi had moved in with Tom. Well, that was fine, I wasn't taking the cheating whore back. They were trying to keep it hidden though I guess, it didn't matter to me, I spent my time at work, getting all the overtime I could and then going home to my new place. I had a company come out and they put in propane for me, a tankless water heater and a small wall heater.

I never saw Jodi for six months. During that time I also never once tried calling her number but if she tried to call me, it would have been for naught. I changed it and gave it to my boss, coworkers and family. Winter was coming on and besides work, I was cutting firewood and storing it, along with any dried lumber pieces from work. I had a satellite internet provider come out and when he left, I was hooked up to the world wide web!

My first rumblings things weren't right came when someone mentioned Jodi wasn't nearly as happy as she had been. She had tried coming by my work, but I'd gotten rid of my almost new F250 and traded it for a smaller pickup that I didn't have any payments on. No one talked to her and she was unable to see the truck she thought I had. The new one was still 4 wheel drive but all that old truck money was going to paying off my place. You see, I'd put the whole place in my parents name and as far as the world knew, I only owned my $3000 truck with 200K miles on it. The contract I had for my new place was 5 years but it took every nickel I earned. Hence, all the overtime so I could buy groceries.

Finally, one of Jodi's close friends, Lisa, caught me in the local grocery store. When she started to read me the riot act about pulling a disappearance so that Jodi couldn't get ahold of me, I turned and walked away. She caught me outside and apologized. She said Jodi had been looking for me, she was wanting to get back together, she realized what we had and wanted it back. I just smiled and told her to let Jodi know I was happy she was living with Tom, I'd heard he had a horse cock. That made her flustered and she hemmed and hawed until I took pity on her. I just told her to tell Jodi I didn't want any cheating whores around me, so for her to stay away. Lisa asked where I lived, Jodi found out I had moved. I just told her I lived with a friend. Before she got in her car she asked where all the stuff Jodi had left behind was, she was hoping to get it. I told her to shop at Goodwill and she'd find it all. What hadn't been bought by others, that is!

Lisa had just began to pull away when all the sudden she backed up next to where I stood. She had forgotten to ask me about all of our pictures, Jodi hadn't taken any with her and she wanted some to put on the TV and in her wallet. She had to wait until I stopped laughing and then asked me what was so funny. I told her I burned them all, including every wedding picture too. I didn't want to be reminded of the cheating cunt.

Winter was cold that year. We saw temps in the double digit minus range. My little cabin was snug and I absolutely loved it. We were laid off for about 3 months but I used that time to start a little internet business that almost made up for what I lost, on unemployment only. When spring came and the snow melted away, I was ready for work!

I don't know who introduced us, but it turned out there was a woman in town who was interested in making my acquaintance! come to find out, she was related to a coworker and we really hit it off. She came out to my place a few times and thought it was absolutely perfect! By the time the grass was growing, she'd helped me build a garden area with great soil and we soon had all sorts of vegetables coming up! She promised to teach me how to can too. Judging by what was coming up, I was going to have a lot of Yukon Gold potatoes!

Jodi finally caught me when I was walking out to my truck after work. She didn't look good, she looked tired and haggard. I mentioned it and before she could answer, I mentioned Tom must be keeping her up every night with that big horsecock. By the time I was done, she hadn't said a word but turn and ran for her car, shooting gravel up when she tore out. Through the grapevine I heard he cheated on her repeatedly and finally left town. She was living with Lisa when she caught me.

The next time we came face to face was when I'd taken Ellie Mae to dinner. It turned out, Jodi had been hired and was working there that night. I didn't notice her, talking with Ellie Mae like I was, until Ellie asked me who the woman was who kept staring at us. That was when I saw Jodi looking right at us. I casually looked back at Ellie Mae and in a voice loud enough so Jodi could hear me, I told her, "that's just my whore ex-wife."

Over the summer Ellie Mae and I became very close. Our relationship became sexual and she was everything my ex wasn't. Open, kind, giving and most of all, trustworthy. I finally broke down one afternoon when we were sitting on the front deck and asked her if she could ever see herself living in a little tiny cabin. A cabin so small you can hardly turn around without bumping into something. She surprised me by saying she couldn't see herself living anywhere else. We sealed the deal with a kiss and went to her apartment and packed up her stuff and moved her personal stuff to my place and everything else into storage. We were officially a couple.

Jodi tracked me down. When she got the divorce papers, from what I understood she went ballistic. Ellie Mae and I were sitting on the front porch watching our chickens work their way around the yard, Ellie had brought home a dozen, when Jodi pulled in. She looked around and then headed right for us. Stomping up the stairs she stopped in front of us, but before she could say anything, she began to cry. I mean, CRY. One of those ones where if you saw someone doing it, you'd think someone had died.

When she finally got control of herself, she told me she didn't want to get a divorce. I answer with "well, I didn't want to be married to a cheating slut either." That didn't help anything and she started crying again. Finally, she pulled out a chair and sat down. And began apologizing. And apologizing. She blamed just about everything for her lack of self control. She admitted to moving in with Tom, that she loved his, as she put it, horse cock. He began cheating on her and then left and she wanted her life back.

I asked her if she was serious. That I should wait around while my WIFE went and moved in with another guy and lived with and fucked him. Should I thank him or her for her sloppy bored out disease filled cunt? I really laid it on her. Ellie Mae? She just sat there and watched, then went out and fed her chickens and rabbits, before starting the little generator and going inside the cabin. When she came out, I was still explaining what a whore Jodi was, and Ellie gave us each a cup of coffee. The three of us sat there that afternoon, drinking coffee, having snacks that Ellie made and talking our way through it.

I found out how hurt she was that I burned all our pictures. I told her good. She said she wanted something to remember our good times together, I said I didn't want to remember her at all. After everything, she admitted she wanted to live with me in my little cabin, it would be just like the old days. I told her it would be nothing of the kind, my cock wouldn't even know I'd put it in. She still wanted to have kids with me, I told her she didn't deserve kids, if any were girls they would probably grow up to be whores. By the time she left, I'd give her a tour of my house and place. When she acted like she was going to sit or lay on Ellie and my bed, I told her if she disrespected it by even sitting on it, I'd throw her over the bannister.

She signed the papers before leaving. Before Christmas came, we were officially divorced. I heard she headed south to California looking for Tom. Some said she found him and was hooking. That was fine, Ellie Mae and I were so in love, I didn't even remember Jo...Jodi?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
5 stars, it was almost perfect!

That of course could be amended to perfect, if one gives more thought to the repercussions. My second thought was that by not moving the divorce along was truly was a beautiful thing, in that the whore believes there is a chance!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
the most fitting punishment is..

often best decided by the recipient, that is if you can employ the right methods to let him/her reveal it to you...

excellently done.

AlberothAlberothabout 7 years ago
What he (they) should do...

Is dissolve the marriage and start again. She would have to work very hard to rebuild the trust she has destroyed. And if things don't work out in the long term... Then they both walk away at least having tried.

And if things work out, there would be some harsh conditions in the pre-nup for the new marriage!

Ib_SaysIb_Saysabout 7 years ago

Good on him to stick to his guns, and good advice, a shame she didn't use that thoughtfulness before starting her affair.

rightbankrightbankabout 7 years ago
interesting variation

keep your own counsel

tazz317tazz317about 7 years ago
EVEN SHAKESPEARE HIMSELF

is a pragmatist, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Very good story, even with the telegraphing of the ending.

Dnvrdave58Dnvrdave58over 3 years ago

I enjoy your stories this 1 is the most disappointing 1 I read. So what ended up happening?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Stupid, arrogant woman.Never struck her that her affair had been discovered.. And now, 'Hoist on her own petard'. 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Painful truth. The author was clever. He tipped off the whole story line when he started with "It's about George"

Good authors know that some readers get their greatest pleasure in predetermining the plot or solving a mystery early on. It giv a real satisfaction.

Thanks 5.0

jsch1947jsch1947over 1 year ago

While this is great advice,... Solutions and problems aren't as simple as black and white.

Complicating factors that were not addressed

Submissive women, and their vulnerability to a skilled seducer.

How long did the affair go on?

How deeply was she impacted? Is her contrition genuine and profound?

If she gave up her career, taking another position with no potential for relapse.

She was brought the full wrath of consequences....

Every single one of us is capable of mistakes.

Penance, for an unspecified period of time, letting her reaction be a guide, might be enough to help rebuild trust.

The circumstances need to be the guide.

I'm not saying stay the divorce,..

Taking her back, is the question.

The cuckold formula, where an eager slut is always just waiting in the wings, is unrealistic.

woodwardwoodward5 months ago

I read some other comments and thought what are they talking about. Just move on. 5!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Eloquent. Though more as a narrative than a real life confrontation with emotions. Still go the point across. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

A well written and thought out enjoyable story. Unfortunately about a third of the way into the story I suspected his tale of his friend's deception was in fact about hers and he was allowing her to name her own execution..even suspecting but not knowing with what and how involved she was, kept the story alive for me...4stars..JZK..You did not ruin the tale by having your MC respond as a real husband would. Not forgive.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous