All Comments on 'Fly Alone'

by _Lynn_

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
IraniaIraniaover 14 years ago
Roses to you Lynn

May you be blessed with happiness.

DesertPirateDesertPirateover 14 years ago
Very Good!

May happiness invade your life.

TarakinTarakinover 14 years ago
Roses

* Hugs * :rose:

driphoneydriphoneyover 14 years ago
Not a poet? Could have fooled me.

Beautiful. Sad, but beautifully said.

loganforesterloganforesterover 14 years ago
Nice poem

Stirring and emotion filled as always. good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
NEVER ALONE

You are never alone, never. When you have had a great love that love goes on, it has an energy that spreads wide and far. The love was real and remains real, it reaches out to you if you only believe it, love is beautiful but it may not bring the results we hope for but it's a love that lasts a lifetime.

Do not think for one moment that a Soldier Boy like you is not missed, you are!

twosexylatinastwosexylatinasabout 14 years ago
Lynn, Lynn, Lynn

Your muse is ticking!

theognistheognisover 13 years ago
*****

Five stars, and a vote in the annual contest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Wow!

You have a supportive fan base, a bit like Sarah Palin and just as worthy. Sorry, you admit to not being a poet and you're right, you're not.

theognistheognisabout 13 years ago
*****

To whomever wrote this:

"Wow!

You have a supportive fan base, a bit like Sarah Palin and just as worthy. Sorry, you admit to not being a poet and you're right, you're not."

Your comment is contemptible. I disagree with it completely.

To MistressLynn:

Congratulations on all your success. You're not only a poet, but a good one. And a pretty good writer and editor, as well. ;)

twelveoonetwelveoonealmost 13 years ago
No, theo

Author's note: I'm not a poet. I put words together, and hope others feel the emotion in them. Let me know what you think.

Anon's comment may have been cowardly, but hardly contemptible. He responded. Congrats on the win, Ms. Lynn. That being said, here is what your win, and fan base did. It encourages an attitude of not only is it OK to write "poetry" without even bothering with trying to learn (any of the tools or techniques) but also a fan base is more important than what is written. Does that hit home a bit. You may have won, beating out a "real poem". That is immaterial to me.That is a comment on the behaviour.

Your poem, starts and remains unoriginal and uninteresting, so much so, that if a "poet" had submitted it, I would be perplexed as to why and commented on as such. A new writer would have generated the old cliche drill, and I would not have voted. I will not here.

It tells you exactly, and the object of poetry is not how you feel, but to make the audience feel it. Thought on both sides must be generated.

Your fan base, if sincere, is quite welcome to get the the same effect from a ton of so-called poetry over in new poems if they want. They won't, it is your fan base. The usual reaction from certain fan bases, is retaliation. I trust yours is a little more civilized. But, that also is immaterial to me.

One other comment, didn't you do New Poems Review a few years back? You must have seen these things before. And if so, you must have seen also "better" poets.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
A rose by any other name

"Poets are damned, but they are not blind; they see with the eyes of angels"

--William Carlos Williams

Looks like a poem to me. Touched me like a poem, as well.

LovetolistenLovetolistenover 10 years ago
Very nice!

I like it very much, nice job.

JWrenJWrenover 9 years ago
Powerful

Poet or not, these few lines nail it. Wonderfully powerful.

Satyr61Satyr618 months ago

I LOVE THIS. So beautiful, sweet & it touched me deeply.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
user_Lynn_@_Lynn_
275 Followers
Author of stories that touch the reader with emotion and a hint of reality.