All Comments on 'The Beauty Queen'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 104 Comments
digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 14 years ago
short, fast and to the point, but a complete story

I think it was the third person POV threw me off at first, but the story drew me in to it. Well done. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Interesting story - so why does he take the slut

back? Opps, forgot this is one of JPB's signature wimp male / slut female story lines. Oh, the clucks will like it. Joan

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
JPB....

....quick tell your critics the moral of the story, they apparently can't handle the complexity-digdaddy-I could "draw you in" to a snakepit with a handful of fried dough!LOL-pistolpackinpete

Ducky7Ducky7over 14 years ago
Well he won't have to worry about her running

around on him any more. Now he will know where she is. That is until he makes it big and get a plastic surgeon to fix her up and she can start fucking around again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
As her to dance and dance with her.

Then thank her for the dance. And as you walk her back to the side ask her, was it worth it? She ruined his life, Brad's life, and her own life. Her feelings reaally dont matter, what she did mattered. Then now that you someone up there has helped you, walk away and think no more.

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 14 years ago
A Surprise from JPB

I have read a lot, actually most of JPB's stories and find this one refreshing. Not the normal cheating story. I enjoy JPB's work but to me this one takes a new track. I hope the author has entertained his infamous target audience, himself, because he has certainly entertained this reader. Good job. Keep writing for yourself and the rest of us will follow along.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
i agree

walk up and ask her to dance...then after that dance ask her if it was worth fucking everyones life up and walk away....tell her once she gets her face fixed to come talk to him ....maybe hell be between fucks and might find some place to work her in

Poizon69Poizon69over 14 years ago
As stories go...

I thought this was quite good. Yes okay she WAS a slut, and okay yes Rob was a sucker. But don't people change? And lets be honest here having your face messed up when that was JOB is a very good grounding tool. Personally I say good luck to Rob and Kelly. Stranger things have happened.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Why does JPB nver write an ending?

Is he lazy or just a bad writer. I find it hysterical that he has a contest to finish his story every year. That could apply to 90% of what he submits

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Good Read

Could have been a little longer but good story.

bruce22bruce22over 14 years ago
Nice Tale

The point at the end is that he has 14 years of happy memories against the fact that she got carried away by

what her beauty could bring her. Now they just might start over again as friends...

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
No Poizon in JPB No one ever changes

or havent you figured that out yet.?

<br></br>

and No there is rarely if ever an ending to a JPB story.

This idiot writes a story until he gets tired of it... then stops... and throws it up on the internet knowing folks will give him a 100.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
not complete

Really needs to be more,an ending.

librarian_jimlibrarian_jimover 14 years ago
I think it's a jewel

And I think he chose the perfect place to stop. I

heard a line once to the effect that a happy ending

just means they didn't finish the story. There's a

lesson in that; in fiction picking where to stop is

part of how an author creates whatever effect he's

aiming for. For anyone interested in a variation on

the theme, Ohio has a story where the protagonist

meets an old friend at a party who's had a disfiguring

accident since he saw her last. She gets surgery,

becomes beautiful, and then the trouble starts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
JPB, why are you so stupid?

bruce 22, are retarded? so 14 yrs of happy memories makes it okay for her to act like a total whore? and i do mean whore, because she was fucking anyone and everyone to advance her career and left him behind. her scars are also entirely her fault, and no it doesnt matter that brad or whatever was drunk, she never should have been with him or got in the car with a guy who obviously shouldnt drive. also, the ohio story your talking about was stupid, essentially ohio wrote that the wife was drugged then raped, so no, its not similar. besides, we both know that sometime in the future, shes goning to get her scars fixed and frankly, if she was willing to treat him like that once, do you really think it wont happen again? do you really think she deserves a second chance? because she doesnt, and she should be unhappy because she was a whore that fucked away a great life and marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Good

Not your best work but good. I sort of chuckled JPB when someone asked why you don't finish your stories. Let see when you finish them people complain they don't like the ending. When you don't they complain because they have to supply the ending and they cannot.

I thought your ending was about right. If there were to be more to this story, it would not be an ending but a beginning. I thought the message was clear, people can be swayed by many things especially when they are young.

kelly_kellykelly_kellyover 14 years ago
I REALLY Liked this story.

<p>I read JPB's other stories recently, but this was a good story which I really liked</p><p>Kelly left the <b>Best</b> to be the <b>Best</b> blind with dreams of glasses in her eyes. Though she got her share of fame and popularity, but at what cost? She <b>lost</b> the person who wholeheartedly loved her</p><p>Then the twist -- Kelly's <i>accident</i> It surely made her realise that people liked her body, face, looks etc, etc, but once after her accident, she was <b>nobody</b>. What I really liked was the end line -- <i> "May I've this dance?"</i> Everyone treated her as if she wasn't there, but there was one person who couldn't take his eyes off her, Robbie. This story doesn't need an ending that line tells everything.</p><p>The moral of the story -- <i>The view from the top is wonderful, but when you look around, you are all <b>alone</b></i>. For the first time I'll say that I really liked your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Fantastic

Enjoy your stories, and this one is a really good one.

ryu77ryu77over 14 years ago
This was just perfect.

I really loved this story. Yeah, so what if she MADE SELFISH, destructing decisions in her life? The important thing is, I think she learned from her mistakes. Going to that Festival was proof that she did that, and that is why Rob went after her. Really good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
The Last laugh

This is HighIQ110 and yes from India.

I am a Post Graduate at Mathematics and MBA. An executive in corporate sector.

The story I have written, New Years Eve Party, is not my story. It has written by JPB in the name “The Benefits Man”.

I have just changed the names and reposted it. I have no intention to steal his or anyone’s story.

And I have no intention to write a single story here or any other website.

Then why I have done this? Because I want to show the world two things.

1. This is just what JPB is doing. He has saved a format in his computer and posting a new story changing the names and few things with the same plot.

2. Everyone is not block-headed fool like him.

I got 14 very interesting comments and total 125 nos…lol.

One of them told me that it is better than JPB.

I am really sorry for that JPB.

Who gets the last laugh ???

TalenhawkTalenhawkover 14 years ago
Just finish it next time

I really liked your story but as with so many you need to tell more. The good stuff is what happens next.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Another Installment

You ended the story without any real resolution. You stories are well written, but in some your stories the endings seem incomplete. Will there be another installment?

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
For all those insisting on an ending

How does the Bible end?

I don't know if JPB knows anything about the Bible, but he sure knows when to stop telling a story.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 14 years ago
Wow. JPB can sometimes REALLY write.

This author doesn't waste a word to tell the story. I've read lots of his stories but this one is quite unique and very well written.

zed0zed0over 14 years ago
Wimp!

I really hate wimp stories. I hope you intend to finish it, with a non-wussy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Mixed emotions

I am not one of the "nukers" but how would he ever know what her true feelings were for him if they got back together? However, with your ending it leaves it open to so many possibilities.

lancewmlancewmover 14 years ago
Excellent story and writing

Wimp? Some people have a warped idea of life and of "wimps."

SleeplessinMD2SleeplessinMD2over 14 years ago
Outstanding story!

When you read JPB stories you get used to the open ended endings which does not bother me. Given what Kelly went through over the last year - losing Rob, slutting out to no telling what number of men to feed her attention fix and the accident where she lost it all I do not think a dance with Rob makes him a wimp. Given that Rob did not come running to her after she went home after the accident it would be very unlikely that he would get back with her. Brad was right that given the right situation in the future Kelly would cheat on him. It just would not fit what he intended for his life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
chapter 2

i think the story needs one more chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
who

who would want a bitch? a winp .........

rooster1rooster1over 13 years ago
Take her back

The best reason to take her back is to string her along & then dump the cheating whore as painfully as possible.

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
A new beginning.

Just tell Kelly the lovers she had in the past doesn't matter. That is how it would be with anyone else he dates so why should he hold her a higher standard?

90% of women that get married had other lovers. Men accept that. Unless he dates a high school girl, it doesn't much matter who he dates, she will have had sex with other guys.

BelgiumBelgiumabout 12 years ago
Nice story but a pity for the open ending

To SleeplessinMD2: she didn't lose Rob, she threw him away willingly.

To Dwornock: whether it's during marriage or before, she cheated and deceived. Behaviour like that leaves mental scars. Broken trust can seldom be repaired.

JPB made it an open ending - which I personally don't like - so everybody can fantasize his or her own version of what comes next. Either he just dances with her because he feels sorry and walks away or they reconcile and (re)start life together again. If it's the latter case I hope she learned her lesson and values what she threw away more second time around.

As to the open end stories, it always bothers me some. Sometimes it's good to leave things to the reader's imagination but mostly it is just sloppy work.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 12 years ago
Miced ' Emotions !

I like it but I don't like that I liked it . Ah well, facially scarred & disfigured girls need love too.

bonnietaylorbonnietaylorabout 11 years ago
Great ending!!

Shows just how much he did love her.

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
This makes me mad

Oh, not the story. The story was first rate and painfully realistic. I am not one of the people who (usually) ding open ended stories either. This one didn't bother me.

I get angry at women like this. They trade on their looks and trade up. They go out and play and play...and when they use up their youth, they 'offer' themselves to great guys as some kind of consolation prize. "Oh...I can't trade on my looks...what are you doing now that I need to retire?"

Well...fuck you lady! She could have been a model AND a good girl. Nope...she went out seeking greener pastures.

I hope he gives her his dance and finds someone else. She tarnished the Golden Couple. He has no blame.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 10 years ago
just another moron

fuck her move on and find a real woman.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
well

Do you really want a girl because you are the only one left she can have?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
pfff

And she reject him...again

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
And he takes a cheater back...

Because cheaters you know, all they like is different peters.

Once a cheater sitting on other peters, always multiple peter cheater.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
The exact verdict

Higher percentage JPB's stories deal with non wimp husbands, but JPB writes longer epilog to low percentage stories...................

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
I SURE HOPE THE WORD WRITTEN ON HIS FOREHEAD

was not indelible. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
A good guy

For a not so good gal. I really hope he doesn't take her back.

CreeperclawCreeperclawover 8 years ago
NO

He shouldn't take her back. Back when she could have anybody, she did everybody who could do something for her. Now that no one want's anything to do with her based on her looks. suddenly he's good enough?

Hell no, leave her be.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 8 years ago
Damn

I guess some people never learn.

negative rating

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
well

Excellent writing.

The story was great, makes you think.

Can a person change? Can a truamatic event change a person?

Is she worth his effort tos ee if shee ha changed and can he overcome that level of betrayal?

yes great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
5

great LW story

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
hmm

So now that she cant have what she wants, he might get her back?

I dont think so.

She didnt change, she just has no options now that her primary wants cant be met.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 7 years ago
"Gosh, Dear, now that you're ugly, could you maybe only fuck me...?"

He didn't go to her home when her mother asked after the accident. How is seeing her in person any different...?

She STILL decided he wasn't what she wanted... And even more, he isn't what she WANTS - he's probably going to just be what she has to settle for.

What a stellar reason to have someone decide to be with you.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 7 years ago
Story that litmus tests the reader

I was pretty flip commenting on this for first time , literally years ago. Now I admire how well written that last scene was. It seemed like the narrator might have mocked and derided her or just ignored her , perhaps feeling pity or even pleasure for her literal aesthetic ' crash and burn '. Loved the ending because it surprised me and yet was valid based on narrator's self disclosure.

Could so easily have tipped the other way. Only the best authors do this and make it look easy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Sorry Ambivalence

JPB and Slam hit this one out of the park.... Character wins over lust ignorance and revenge

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 7 years ago
Nope

She was a beautiful, lying, cheating slut and now she is an ugly whore.

He is a fool but who better to service her slimy cunt than a cuck.

Not a wimpy cuck but a cuck all the same for pursuing such a piece of filth that treated him like shit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
One dance only!

He is being a friend to save her with a dance in public. After the dance, a polite goodbye (more than she gave him) and walk away. He remains a good, steadfast man; she remains a faithless whore. He will do well- she won't. Hopefully, she kept enough bucks back to pay for reconstructive surgery. It ain't cheap. Still, a good 4star story.

tazz317tazz317almost 7 years ago
AT THE BITTER END

a man still must remain a man even to himself, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
yep women are really that shallow are narcisitic

dance with her, say was it worth it, then walk away never to speak to her again. 1* for not finishing the story. Seems she lied to her family about who she was living with.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Perhaps my favorite JPB story

Aristotle said there were three ways to reach an audience. The first is to inspire emotion to lead the audience to reach the judgment the author intends. He called this pathos.

It's come to mean a deep, intense feeling, usually associated with sadness. When it becomes overwhelming, it can be called pathetic. Which is a word many of JPB's critics use to slander his stories.

Personally, I found this particular story profoundly moving.

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatover 6 years ago
A child can rarely make a huge mistake

A voting-age adult can make monstrous decisions. In this case she made three: she left the man who loved her, jumped into the arms of an asshole, and bullied her way into the wreck that destroyed her dreams.

I must agree with Anon050817 to a point. It's a sad story, 4*

MightyHornyMightyHornyabout 6 years ago
Urgh... fuck no.

People keep bringing up how bad him asking her for a dance is.

What they seemed to have forgot is that him still being in love with her, after all she has done, is way worst.

I hope, for his sake, that he's going to find a way to move on from her, 'cause, regardless how she may feel about him in her current state, there's no way you can claim she loved him, when she was at her best.

To think: if she only stayed with Robert, she still would be a beauty girl, inside and out. Now, she's neither. sad.

... Oh, almost forgot to say: Robbie's a balless cuck. To let your girl run around on you while being fully aware of it, simply because YOU LOVE HER... fuck that. That's another reason why people expect him to take back the cheating slut. What a sad-ass man.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
To all of the miserable annonys on this site...

As JPB recognizes, you can’t help who you love, and yes, someygood guys win!

SystemShockSystemShockabout 6 years ago
He deserves everything that's coming

Namely, being used and abused for the duration of their "relationship". He clearly doesn't have any pride in himself, or any standards, not only letting her cheat on him to begin with, but swooping in like a vulture to pick at the remains when it all went belly up for her. I honestly can't even fathom being satisfied with damaged goods like that; and no, I ain't talking about her face.

Someone already likened this to a domestic abuse victim crawling back to their abuser, and I can't think of a more apt description.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I think he should pay for plastic surgery

for her so she can dump him again. Once a cheater....

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Unique

This is, I think, the only JPB story where the protagonist looks like a love filled schmuck. In almost every other story Rob ends up winning or at least getting the better end of the deal.

Maybe banging a Playboy centerfold is the better end of the deal. Of course he would never know if she loved him or just couldn't get anything better. And in JPB land that uncertainty is a deal breaker.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 5 years ago
Usually, at the least, strongly dislike RAAC.

But she’s totally fucked up. Paid a heavy price for cheating. And he still loves her.

And you think she’ll ever cheat again? Probably not. Though, at the very least, sign a damn pre-nup!

IkarisIkarisabout 5 years ago
Love

A good story. A story of love and forgiveness.

cybojicybojiabout 5 years ago
As gomer pyle said

Fickled, 6 months of cheating. See ya. Good story but probably not happening.5

ThematchthatBurnsThematchthatBurnsabout 5 years ago
JPB you let me down!

Yes the bastard got a smack but no real revenge! Then it's this fucking forgiveness shit!

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
She cheated and punishment he not man wimp

Truth will out

Why not infidelity and move on tell all truth

Don't make you a better man makes you a liar

TajfaTajfaalmost 5 years ago
Needs another chapter

I know he loved her but she was a serial cheater before she was injured. Beauty fades but who you are rarely changes. She did it before and regardless of her injuries will do it again as soon as someone sweet talks her. She was a nasty bitch who doesn't deserve his love or sympathy. Find someone who loves you for you not because you are a soft touch. Another chapter finds her cheating with someone who promises her the world and the best plastic surgery. She again shits all over the good guy but is eventually dumped and finds herself alone regretting what she has done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Finish the damn story!

Good setup. Where's the real story?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
Nope

When she was beautiful and didn't need him she dumped him like a bad habit. Hell, she WORSE than dump him, she cheated on him, then didn't even have the guts to dump him to his face, she just moved out on him and in with Brad without so much as a fare-thee-well.

I'd give her the one dance simply so that I could then turn and walk away from her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Childhood love gone wrong and then righted

Andyhm's longer stories, "Alisha", "Alison" and "Trials of Love" have a somewhat similar topic - boy meets girl, girl cheats boy out of her own ambition, girl crashes down hard, boy picks up the pieces. At least in this one we don't have an idea of the true outcome. It could be either one dance and then leave or it could be a welcome-back gesture. Face restored or not, I hope Kelly has learned her lesson.

Good shortie that punches above its weight.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The accident/illness trope

used to initiate reconciliation is over done. The female character is a cunt. No sane man would even consider taking her back, which makes the tale's implied ending implausible....a stupid chick flick finale

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Where

Where is the rest?.The wimp obviously married the slut.

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Better

Far better man than I.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
2 years later we were married.

A year after that our first child, a daughter, was born.

2 years after that our second child, a boy, was born.

2 years later our third child, a second girl, was born.

35 years after our that dance I sat beside her holding her hand as she passed from this world. She was only 58 when she succumbed to the dreaded big C.

My children and I were able to look beyond the scars and see the beautiful person she developed into. Our friends loved the woman she became and admired the strength she showed by living a full life with her scars.

I miss her terribly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A real right dude

That's what a real right dude does, takes care of his girl.

R,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Not quite your usual fare Bob but you added some dimension to your collection. Thank you for a moving tale, one of my favorites.

somewhere east of Omaha

skruff101skruff101about 3 years ago

They get married save up so she gets plastic surgery fixes her scars, once again a beauty she’s drops the moron to make a comeback, shacking up with whatever sleazy scumbag she has to to make her dreams come true.

Ain’t love grand.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story - even the third time thru, 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sorry, the piece of shit got what she deserved!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He better not rescue her. She didn’t deserve the physical injuries, but there is no way he should rekindle their old relationship.

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Leave

He should dance with her,then walk away and leave her like she left him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nitpic, Your opinion is worth less than ZERO. You obviously are a snake since what you suggested is just what a real man would not do.

Thanks JPB.

somewhere east of Omaha

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 2 years ago

Does the story end in an act of kindness or reconciliation? Big difference. Her deception prior to the accident makes any reconciliation very difficult to imagine.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Finally, she was as beautiful outside as she was inside.

ReadyOneReadyOneabout 2 years ago

1. No reconciliation will happen; at best a accquaintentship. Her actions have shut down any potential future relationship.

.

2. I choose to see the dance as both a reward for her courage in appearing at the correnation and forgiveness for her shitting on everyone. Forgiveness does not mean forgetting or reconciliation; it means moving on.

.

3. And that's the end of the story. They both move on with separate lives. Perhaps hers has a bit less guilt by his act of kindness.

ReadyOneReadyOneabout 2 years ago

Or perhaps she still can't face him and breaks down at his invitation.

JPB's mcs' actually have consideration for others, which is sometimes interpreted as wimpiness.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Yes we liked it as far as you wrote - which was as far as anyone can read??????

Guessing game for the rest because you just couldn’t or wouldn’t write and include an actual ending???

Is this supposed to be a mystery thriller romance??

Best have a visor imagination to get ingrossed into some of your partial stories!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This is not My kind of Story . I lived with a Cheating girl for years and No I do not want her back . She wanted Me to Have Sex with her after I caught her with one of her friends . I said No as I did not need some STD in My life . I gentle packed her things and took them to her fathers house . He did not believe Me until I showed him some Pictures . She said I was Over reacting to everything ... She was going to fight the Divorce until I told her I would send Video and Pictures to all of her family .

TheRealMadtexTheRealMadtexalmost 2 years ago

Damn man! Don't you ever finish a story?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

4 stars. Would have been 5 but a one punch fight is no worse than a slap in the face or a squeezing handshake. Sissy stuff!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sometimes the ending is a new beginning. Thanks JPB. 5 Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I hope while they dance he tells her he knows everything and explains karma. He then just looks her in the eye, no kiss, no more words, just walks away.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

It's a sad story. Yes, I wonder about the ending, but I don't think the author should tell it. Let the reader decide. The real story is the lesson, not the outcome. Well told.

Pinto931Pinto9319 months ago

Hi bitch, not so popular now are you.

LauCauLauCau9 months ago

He's an idiot. You wrote a lot of 'he's an idiot' stories

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

One of JPB's best MCs. Wonder what the sadder but wiser Kelly will tell her daughters.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
9001 Followers
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...