All Comments on 'True Love'

by toast37

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Ouch

Damn that sucks....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Hmmm

Story was good, ending was kinda cruel

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago

awwww

twinnertwinnerabout 14 years ago
Drat!!

Guess there' not gonna be a sequel huh!!..............Pity!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Dick head.

Why go to the trouble of writing something well, then give it such a lousy ending?

SPEN STERLINGSPEN STERLINGabout 14 years ago
hilarious

i thought the ending was great, made me laugh out loud. You have this sugar-sweet story about first love, and then the guy gets plowed in a car accident. and your last line is "life is fucked up like that sometimes." I hope you were laughing when you wrote the story, if you were serious it would be corny.

JustForPostingJustForPostingabout 14 years ago
Oh, puh-leeze

There were some problems with the writing, nothing I couldn't overlook, and the author shows promise as new-ish writers go.

Right up until that ending.

I mean, as a narrator, you shouldn't be dying. How can you then tell the story? If the girlfriend had died, well, that would have been at least a more logical outcome, bemoaning the loss of someone you love rather than being someone else's loss.

Sorry, that ending lost it for me. Other than that, a pretty fair effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Shame

Really liked the story until the ending oh well will have to give it a liked it vote instead of loved it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
good story poor ending

Loved the main story easily a 5 star but the fact he dies at the end pulls it down to a 3 in my books

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Could have turned it into a series

You could have turned this into a great series

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Come On

Good story ruined by a sucky ending it couldve been a great series if you wouldve just let it continue but you didnt

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
seriously

u killed the dude!!! If just continued the story rather than killing him. it would b so much better

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago

Just for being spontaneous you get an A-OK in my book. Other folks didn't like it but I thought it was a nice touch for people that would like to die happy.

ParadoxParadoxabout 14 years ago
Well, damn...

The ending was a surprise and a bit of a downer, but you're right...life IS fucked up like that sometimes. Still a heck of a good story.

viking3viking3about 14 years ago
oh,jeeze

Damn, you really got me on that one. Good story, good sex and my first thought was :="crappy ending". Second thought, though, was "WTF??" I'm not one for long serieses; your other "first time" story is similar to this one. CAN you write a sequel??

Be interesting to see. I'll be watching....

viking3

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Dumb Ending

Really really stupid ending

dliterdliterabout 14 years ago
Sucks

What a stupid ending! The story was great and after all that time they were finally together and starting their lives. I can read crap like that ending in the newspapers, that's why I quit reading them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
WTF MAN.

So I was like CUTE and then I was like YOU STUPID FUCKER.

Way to ruin a cute story. Dick.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
An ending from deep left field...

Good story, I liked it. I wish the sex was different in these stories, but you did an excellent job describing the emotions here. Kudos!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Why

Oh gosh. Why did you have to kill him? I want to cry now. Poor sally. Anyway, it was really good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Illogical ending

How can you write the story if you are dead?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
change ending

he needs to not die. Its frickin sad and depressing come on.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

From confession of True Love to fucking a whole of 1 hour (spend making out), Sex pretty standard, then hero killed to supposedly make story more interesting - but it fails. Without real interest in hero or any cause it is just authors trick.

holydemon00holydemon00over 12 years ago
who is telling the story?

Ghost?

Anyway, the story would do better with it's picked up from the girl's point of view, how she got over this heartbreak, or never does.

peterg55peterg55over 12 years ago
sorry

I'm sorry, I try not to be negative in my comments. All you authors expend so much creative energy in your writing to provide entertainment for both your own and others' enjoyment.

However, this time I was quite disappointed in the conclusion to the story . I admit to being an incurable romantic and felt that this story was developing to become one of my favorites. Unfortunately, while being dramatic, the ending left me feeling a little depressed as I do not really enjoy tragedies, there are enough of them in real life. Thanks for your story, it was well crafted, poignant and dramatic, but this time not quite to my taste. I will read your other work and I am sure that I will enjoy the experience.

dairetodairetoover 10 years ago
well that sucked

A lot.

hated the end

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Holy fuck!

Nooooooo! 😭😭😭😭 why?!! OMG! I'm legit crying!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Nooooo

Argh my life in a nut shell except the dying part that sucks. Good writting but do not like the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
What????

What the heck?!?? He dies!!!! Nooooooooooooo

arrowglassarrowglassover 8 years ago
The end totally spoiled it!

I know life is not always fair...but you definitely got a surprise ending!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Lol

This is hilarious, and pretty much exactly how this story would go if written by the Brian I actually lost mine to. I hope you're not actually a ghost.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Really

Boooooooo. Really death? Instantly after. Plot twist for sure but ruined what could have be a good mini series

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
ending

Tough ending. I liked the story but would like more detail.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
True Love never dies...

I cringed at the ending, but hey, it can and does happen in real life sometimes. I wouldn't have wrote it that way, but it's the author's prerogative.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Go fuck yourself

With that ending. If you wanted true life then the two MCs would not have waited til they 21-22yo to have sex. Sally would have fucked a couple guys at least and Brian would have hooked at least once with someone so trying to be "real life" with that garbage ending is your sorry failed attempt to be something you are not, a good writer. Thanks for not writing anymore because it wastes nobody's time anymore.

tonydxxtonydxxover 1 year ago

Without the last two paragraphs, I'd have rated it 4 or 5. But ending the storyteller's life instantly . . . it changes everything. It suggests that you don't care about the feelings of your readers; that maybe you just wanted to shock us. It doesn't encourage me to ever read another of your stories.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous