All Comments on 'A Progression of Fantasies'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
Poizon69Poizon69almost 14 years ago
Hello Slirpuff.

Did you really have this conversation with your wife? If you did don't worry I have been there and got the t-shirt. My wife has read a few of my stories and said the same sort of thing as your wife did. Would I ever do the things I write about? No I am very happy to be married to a sexy wife just like you are. Anyway keep writing slirpuff and make them as unreal or real as you want them to be. You keep writing and i will keep reading.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 14 years ago
Good essay

Logical sequence of events. SP's stories have improved.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Nailed it!

I've never thought about commenting about the absurd sex in many stories, especially 50 year old guys going on for 6 hours. You really are improving!

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpetealmost 14 years ago
good ending....

....and I'll bet most wives think their husbands are "silly", (wifespeak for "grow -up you pathetic little daydreamer")

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Now Slirpy

THAT is terrific parody and satire!!! Great writing, but the spelling still "ain't much". I think you meant "from a male perspective" instead of "from a male prospective".

terrydavidterrydavidalmost 14 years ago
Absolutely enjoyed this one!

Thanks author- this was a great read and made us smile!

FrederickJonesFrederickJonesalmost 14 years ago
Great Story

Loved the story. One of your best .

toesmantoesmanalmost 14 years ago
Well written

What a hoot! One of your best, & certainly one of the funniest. Thanks

SilverWolf78754SilverWolf78754over 13 years ago
Now that was fun and light hearted

I needed this little story after some of the more serious ones I've read lately.

Thanks!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Not your best

This was not your best work and way too long a lead in , kind of bounced around . No problem though , your still one of the best story writers this site has .

0649d0649dover 13 years ago
authors?

the art and photography talk seems pointless, but I guess without it the rest of it would seem shallow.

Authors? I personally see it as a Shakespearean effort to write tragedies. Why do we like Romeo and Juliet or Hamlet or whatever other play? Is it because we really want to live those lives or we just want to explore them in our thoughts? Personally I think exploring in our thoughts is much better than going off and cheating on someone.

We have all faced bad experiences, the same with authors ... but while authors haven't experienced all that they write about, the dark part of their hearts make them wonder about all the rest. At the end of the day, the author has gone nowhere and can entertain his wife. It is the same with us readers (except that we read, instead of write).

We can fantasise and try to change minor things with our loved ones; it doesn't mean we will leave so we can go have our 3-somes. Life is ultimately about sex but it isn't completely filled with sex and there are other factors in play. The rest.. I am guessing that some people are still single or they are widowed or divorced!

VickieTernVickieTernover 13 years ago
Genre?

I have to assume, as this says, that it's drawn from life and that whether the actual events actually occurred or not it has the truth value of your review-essay ("Fantasies I Don't Fantasize" or whatever its title) further down this alphabetical list. So I need to refine a comment I made down there -- you do know the difference between reality and fantasy nfiction, but your fantasies are no way kinky or fetishized, just hyperbolic (or as critical fashion puts it these days, "overdetermined"). And that's how come you don't understand submissives, for example, though you can be profound on masturbating by hand or by hot chick.

The drawing and photography obviously enter into your writing in your attention to visual detail. To whether you see hips as big, as the model in that art class feared, or thin, or above all sexy. Whether this is an autobiographical story or an essay, whether or not you have a dubious wife who once taught gifted students (don't we all?), it's very nice! Persuasive. Plausible, even probable, and in all ways that matter, true enough!

oldtwitoldtwitover 11 years ago
Liked it

I liked this at the end, very slow start for me, much too much info at the beginning and I made myself read to the end... glad I did

bigguy323bigguy323over 11 years ago
If we want reality, we'll look at our own lives (wives).

Give us FANTASY. And a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Don't want to read your biography...

KristirosaKristirosaover 10 years ago
i always greet my man at the door!

I can never wait for my husband to get off work before i start playing with my pussy and nipples. i'm always wet and ready when he arrives, and i hurry him to the shower and then let him screw our brains out!

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Sorry, Gotta Say This

There is NO WAY a college English Comp class is going to have a spelling test AT ALL, let alone as a course final!

sinsational83sinsational83over 9 years ago
blah

This was so stupid have read a lot better stuff coming from you.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

thanks for the offering.

LVGirlLVGirlover 8 years ago
Real Life

Thanks Slirpuff. Another fine effort. 5 *

GoodhueGoodhueover 7 years ago
Sorry But a Load of Crap

WTF?! I usually really enjoy your stories but,this one is a disjointed pile with a quick ending that just doesn't fit/work. Sorry but,can't give this higher than a 2 rating.

Tootight1Tootight1almost 7 years ago
good story

I LMAO, very nice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Not Much Of A Story

But you were right about one thing. Your spelling is terrible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Making your wife understand...

... Try making us understand the point of most of this story, instead. You could have easily cut out 2/3 of this and still made your point. Everything before you told of how and why you started writing was completely extraneous. I couldn't even figure out where this was going until your wife started editing the stories. Not a good effort.

jimjam69jimjam69about 4 years ago
Good writing

Interesting take on writing.

WargamerWargameralmost 4 years ago

Ha, ha, ha!!!!!

Fantasy is always just that, fantasy.

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Just

Just a load of nothing.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
Re.: Final sentence/question —

Ummm... Yes?

5-stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Just a rambling mess with no plot in sight.

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Another

Another load of crap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good and funny, I like the way you laid it out so on point. When you've been married for a good while and the home loving slows to an almost stop, you think how nice it would be to get some mind blowing sex once in a while and then go home well satisfied and be the good husband again. And then when you're divorced and mulling over whether to get married again or not, you're reminded how dating and having sex, some regular sex don't cut it after a while because you realize how much you like the domesticated homely life... just my two cents...

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

He side stepped one there, some wives don't appreciate sarcasm, mine for sure. There are some things you just can't joke about with your wife or any woman. Nice story.

Harvey8910Harvey8910about 2 years ago

i did not like this meandering story about how a guy finally got to the place where his wife commented on his sex stories. Just not my cup of tea.

Karl_HundassonKarl_Hundassonalmost 2 years ago

If Slirpuff is still married, that is a courageous ending... :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sounds like my brother from another mother. I understand him completely. And I had a Bessemer 35 for my bathroom/darkroom.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

absolutely the best story

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

Oh that’s put a big smile on my face after reading this, just so real

NitpicNitpicabout 1 year ago
How

How can any one think this nothing is a good story?.Also,as he was only sixteen,how could he drive home from the art class?.

SorchakSorchak5 months ago

I don't know where you're from Nitpic, but in British Columbia you could get your learner's license at 16. When I was that age, you had to have it for at least 6 weeks before you could take the test for your actual Class 5 driver's license. It expired after 6 months, and you'd have to go get another one. They changed it in 1998, and went with the licensing model from Ontario, which meant you had a Novice license for 6 months, then a Learner's for another 6, before finally being able to get a Class 5. And in Alberta you can get your learner's at 15. So Steve driving home from class is not unbelievable, especially since this was posted over 10 years ago.

chefjess2039chefjess20395 months ago

I most of not all of the US you can get a learners permit at fifteen and a regular license at 16 and since the family was watching black and white TV it says that it had to have taken place in the early 60's

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous