All Comments on '40 Years of Earth Days'

by andtheend

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Earth day can be a fun day

I quess leaving your email open can be harmful to your health and well being.

A wonderfully funny in an absurd and sick way story to read. I loved it.

I am glad Mrs Gordon G Gordon got some satisfaction on earth day. I feel bad for the tree. There are casualties in bad behavior.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Deserving of a green E. I loved it.

I've read a lot of stories on here over the years, but this story is something special.

I don't know Elizabeth Gordon, but by your description of her, looking much like a dark haired Diane Sawyer, your narrative of her feelings, and the dialogue is truly wonderful. The fact that you through in the reference to Liz Taylor and Lizzie Bordon is pure genius.

It's unfortunate that you posted this story in the Loving Wives category and it's unfortunate that this story is an Earth Day contest contender because this story will never receive the respect and high praise that it deserves.

I couldn't find a mistake typo or otherwise. A real page turner, you held me in place. You're narrative mirrored how I imagined Elizabeth felt. I not only read her anger, I could feel her anger. I haven't read anything this good since some of the classics, Madam Bovery comes to mind.

Tell me, Author, if you know, what are the reasons for giving a story a Green E because at the very least, this story is worthy of a green E. I always read those stories so chosen for green E's, but they all pale in comparison to this masterpiece.

I apologize for going on and on but, after reading this, I feel like I need a cigarette, not so much from the sex, as there wasn't any graphic or explicit sex, but from the writing. Whether you are female or male, by your insight in the feelings and emotions of women, I imagine you being female, you are a truly wonderful writer. As this is the first time reading you, I shall go and read all your other stories now.

Wonderful and a very entertaining read, right down to the last word and the surprise ending. I love it!

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 14 years ago
pretty sad and pathetic: wife is a LOSER

40 years of this stuff and she never said a word... with whom is she REALLY angry .... the awful husband or herself?

this is just 3 pages of idiot btich wallowing around in her self made grief.

"....He's such a dirty bastard. He's such a pig. For him to think that she'd put up with his bad behavior for so many years and not snap is surprising to her. For such a smart man, he's such a stupid man..."

WRONG you dumb cow... for 25 of the last 40 years YOU did Just that.

You ... the wife ..never said a word.

you... the wife never exerted your self.

You... ACCEPTED... that he never called your name.

you accepted that it was ok NOT to show up for the Anniversary for the last 10+ years

You viewed him as a Saint...

and once you are a saint the rules dont apply.... see?

I got no problem cutting down the tree on to his car... but it should of been down 10 -15 years ago.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
What A Vent

Do you feel better now, I hope so cause I don't. Story really sucked, way too long and depressing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
god she was dumb

God she was dumb but at least in the end he got what was coming to him and all well that ends well.

sexmatesexmateabout 14 years ago
Pathetic

Read like Rant. Not much of a story. Sorry.

Wife is a dumbass, and husband is a waste of a human being sucking up good air.

Poizon69Poizon69about 14 years ago
So for 40 years the wife puts up with this?

And only when she is probably a little too old to benifit she gets rid of him? Why didn't she do it sooner?

SeanshowSeanshowabout 14 years ago
Great writing

I thought that this was extraordinarily well written. You have really captured the despair endured by spouse who has been treated like a mushroom (ie kept in the dark and fed shit) for years on end.

The criticism are from people who either misogynists or who have no life experiences of the type endured by the wife in the story and no ability to relate or understand the effect of such emotional cruelty.

Sean

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteabout 14 years ago
Sean, try to grow up and live....

....with the fact that not everyone likes the stories you like. This was well written but could have benefited from some exposition of her reasons for staying so long.

CarBuffStuffCarBuffStuffabout 14 years ago
You've never been in love?

To the poster below, I think the author explained the reason. You've never been in love?

She wrote in the story that he was bigger than life and that everything in the beginning was perfect. He took her on trips the first 15 years of their marriage and things would have continued the way they were, had he not left his e-mail account open.

She chalked up his treatment of her as him being busy and as being the absent minded professor for forgetting their anniversaries and her birthday.

I thought it was a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

BORINGGGGGGG

katibkatibabout 14 years ago
Repetition

Good idea, well-written -- but too, too long with so much repetition.

WmForresterWmForresterabout 14 years ago
Thoroughly enjoyed the story

I thoroughly enjoyed the story. Elizabeth's character was amazing and how you painted Gordon was just what was needed for the story.

It was a different time, back then, when they were married. The men were boss of the relationship. Just as some of the men who have commented here forget that, some of the men who have commented here believe this is a real story and not fiction.

Good luck in the contest, Susan.

vietvetvietvetabout 14 years ago
Too Much:

Too much bitching, too much repetition, too much whining, & too much sniveling.

Not enough doing.

It really sucks.

datadyndatadynabout 14 years ago
andtheend

andtheend couldnot comesooner whataboring sorrystory

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
I Really Didn't Like This.

Way too long, a rambling rant, what a miserable woman, I would have divorced her a long time ago. Who knows about the husband, her view is distorted, neither are likeable, yuck.

CarcamCarcamabout 14 years ago
40 Years

The same old shit year after year, after year, after year! Yes the story was repetitious, just like her life - I don't see how she could have stayed with him all those l o n g and lonely years knowing what he was doing. I think it is a good, well written story. Keep it up.

Carcam

Renags21Renags21about 14 years ago
Well Written Depiction of Love Turned Sour

I thought your narrative, although not of a driving pace (well, this story calls for a slower, introspective quality), is fluid and believable. The metaphors used, particularly the tree and automobile, are clever. You carried the tale quite well, and truly made the woman's despair and desolation palpable.

andtheendandtheendabout 14 years agoAuthor
Thank you

I just wanted to say thank you for all of you who took the time to read through 33,000 words. The biggest comment is that the story is repetitive (lol).

Did you ever have an argument with a woman? Don't you go over the same things? Don't you end up starting a new argument only to end up having the same argument?

My assignment as a writer was to develop the characters, Gordon and Elizabeth. Of course, it was easier to develop Elizabeth's character, since I was seeing things through her eyes. Nonetheless, I wanted to pain Gordon with a finer tipped brush, rather than large brush strokes, and I think I did that.

Everyone warned me about the Loving Wives category, but I'd rather post my stories here than other categories. At least you guys read, vote, and comment on the story.

Thank you all again.

rjordanrjordanabout 14 years ago
Wow

Just wow! A well executed, almost stream of consciousness look inside this woman's head. Even the repetitiveness fit the situation.

clive2007clive2007over 13 years ago
wonderful

Hilarious, poignant, brilliant. I'm so glad I stumbled onto you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
One of the most stupidest and inept "story ever !!

Just idiotic self serving prattle by dumbass "writer" ! One of the worst in this genre !

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
ANY more attitude please stop writing

Author has so much anger why bother to write

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
So Bali is the ideal vacation for a divorced middle aged woman past her prime

Where does an over the hill divorcee find young men to fuck her without gagging ?

She lays it on excessively of all she was to her ex husband and at the end of their 4 decade marriage she performs an adolescent stunt to damage his favorite car. It is quite clear that only one partner in the 4 decade marriage was mature and loving.

She married as a self centered bitch and guess what 4 decades later she was more of a self centered bitch. In her divorcee period she tried to recapture her lost youth (certainly in her own mind but also certainly an impossible task). Her method was to search out several boy toys (literally near boys) to sauve her ego. This latter act was really a cry of desperation for a life time voikd of maturity and intelligence.

In summation she is an extremely long way from a heroine in this story but rather a woman fast losing everything of importance in her life for a fantasy.

gperry2843gperry2843about 11 years ago
Was this just a rant?

Yes, but the most well conceived and developed rant I can imagine getting into words. The point that your "pundits" fail to grasp is, even though well laid out in the story, Elizabeth did not think of herself as a used, abused, neglected, naive and embarrassingly stupid wife until discovering it to be a fact only after reading her husband's e-mail shortly before the finial straw of having to put her husbands car in the garage, though admittedly a bit absurd was perfect in establishing Gordon's insensitivity for his wife. The tree and car were masterful in creating Elizabeth as the long suffering dutiful although naive wife. Conceded this story was not an easy read, but as often stated nothing worthwhile comes easy. This story is drawn like a fine wire under great tension but the story unlike Elizabeth holds where Elizabeth snaps. Are the naysayers unable to read or simply unable to comprehend?

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 11 years ago
Damn

It's a shame that she wasted most of her life with a cheating jerkoff asshole prick husband and didn't divorce him until old age. Never let the cheaters win. Kill them first.

Do I sound bitter?

You bet your ass.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Nice

Really enjoyed a lot of the vignettish ranting here. But this smart and snappy bitchfest needs a better payoff. The sometimes improvisatory thrill of the raging should have been present for the car-smashing finale, but it was not. I was like, what? Where's the beef?

Mainly, the story didn't build a crescendo in the way one kept expecting. And much of the rant is repeated in more ways than necessary. On the other hand, there is the well played parody of today's ridiculously self-important and phony liberal political charade as well, and I took some pleasure in that.

A question does come to mind, though. Why didn't she wake up at least a little earlier? Forty years strains credibility! Maybe twenty five, but forty? Well, maybe the underlying question is, Why haven't WE awoken from the liberal political incantation.

But some of the tit-blasting, nut-crushing, assassinatory, vivisectionary vignettes were a stroke of genius.

In any case, there was much to enjoy here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Bravo!

Five Stars! First time reading this now six-year old story. Excellent job of showing the emotions that occur when a marriage turns to dust and ashes. I've been married for forty-five years, happily married the first few years, but now, the loneliness, the sense of loss that this author cogently descibed are right on point.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Anniversary

Took 40 years before she gave the twit his just deserts I was surprised. 5 stars.

GillotineGillotineover 5 years ago
ehhh 4*

Repetitive, rambling & whining. Great conclusion though, I was hoping that was going to happen. As soon as the tree was mentioned, I was wondering if she was going to hire a Timber crew, I couldn't picture this woman using a chainsaw. The axe is a stretch though. She's questioning her ability to maneuver the large car, yet has the ability to take down a 40 year old tree with 40 whacks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Eeeh

Whiny bitch story is Oprah approved.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
dreadully clumsy writing

tedious to read, awkward phrasing, possibly the worst writing I've encountered on Literotica. Might have been a good story if done by someone who can write.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

If you are wondering why your stories were 1-bombed, there is one religious retard making multiple Anonymous visits along with fake bios under the handles

26thNC, Harry inVA, thecarolinadreamer, Lakeeriegoatguy, KittyCampbell, Mattenw, ShadowRosie, Impo_64, also possbly Rw43, Odiouser and Patillie among others,

in order to 1-bomb good stories that express sexuality without cutting the nuts off all the offenders.

You will find repetitive comments from this person across 50% of the writers/stories- "idiot", "garbage", "sewer", "fag", "worst writing" etc. - how can they all be the worst stories or worst writing?

By the way, this person is a Trumpite from the deep South running the same play book as Trump and his child molester fakes like Matt Gaetz - they claim to represent 90% of the people as a "majority" but it is just one person trying to destroy the world. They prove a good reason to get out and vote against all the MTG's.

And also note, this person also was cucked or never had sex with a woman in the first place and that is why they target this section to express their anger at women.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Good tale, well done Lizzie, I would have felt happier if she had dropped the tree on the car while he was sitting in it, drugged and unable to move, watching it coming....

AnonymousAnonymous5 days ago

She was a hippie, so why would she have any expectation of fidelity?

/

ZK

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous