All Comments on 'My Wife's Secret'

by BigKahunaCat21

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
that was..

..surprisingly good. love it. thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Sometimes the obvious answer isn't the best

The obvious answer was to abort the baby or tell the husband that he wasn't the father. But latter on he would have been all alone. He has a loving daughter and hope for a brighter future.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 14 years ago
That was very well done and

extremely sensitive. What a captivating story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
wow

pretty amazing compared to what nonsense you usually write

DrallDrallalmost 14 years ago
Just Beautiful!

This is a tearjerker,and a lovely one. Thank you,B.

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpetealmost 14 years ago
Fairly intense and fairly....

...romantic. Reality bites!-thanks author.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Very touching story.

It's nice to read a wonderful loving story. This was without any doubt your best so far. Keep up the good work. Cheers Roger.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Nicely written

I have just one negative comment about some narrative that I see fairly often in stories on this site. The widower sees his daughter is not really his and immediately rushes to the bathroom to throw up. He then goes into another room and starts drinking Jack Daniels which is just about the last thing anyone would do to settle their stomach. Now, just why someone would feel the urge to throw up in this situation is also puzzling to me?

zed0zed0almost 14 years ago
If you don't report it . . .

. . . it's not rape. She cheated on him!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Reasonably good drivel...

What are you joyous about? A wife that kept such a huge trauma secret and to herself? The fact that the kid is a result of a rape? Or that your perfect wife never ended up giving you your own child? What exactly are you happy about?

No doubt the bond you'll have with your wife's daughter will be strong and loving -as it should be. However, your line now stops with you. Your blood will not propagate. To me that is devastating.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Well Written

I thought it was good, not a fun read but interesting, thanks.

sexmatesexmatealmost 14 years ago
Heart felt Tale

Interesting scenario. I think most of us would have done the same thing.

Thanks for writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
I go with zed0.

Cucked...

roadbirdroadbirdalmost 14 years ago
who cares

still wasnt his...so tell her so seh knows her mother was a bitch also

bruce22bruce22almost 14 years ago
A Poignant Tale

The title gave the whole story away. Without a time scale showing that this story is sci fi I really can not believe the use of DNA in the 1980's. Of course, he did not mention the date of the exam. The big question is why should she have made the test at a later date. He was all ready Daddy and happy about it. OK there could be medical reasons but then the wife should have informed her daughter in order for the test to be useful. Personally I think she took the best choice in not crying rape since that would have only made life hard for her and her husband.

Thanks for the tale...

APeacefulPlaceTxAPeacefulPlaceTxalmost 14 years ago
If you don't report it, it's not rape?

I do believe some folks need to get a grip on life! Do I believe all rapes should be reported? Sure! However, when you remember what rape victims were up against at that time... and a in a he said/she said case... I can understand, even if I think she was wrong.

To go from there to saying it was an affair is just the sort of attitude that a rapist would have! I appreciate that Zed0 uses his one name and stands behind his comments, I have no respect for the annons. Still, in this case I hope that Zed0 will rethink his comments.

The woman was raped! There is no play in the story to allow any other conclusion. I've heard far too many rapist claim "she was asking for it" or "she was leading me on." The really sad part is that for too long that was accepted.

OTOH, there are also charges of rape where there's nothing but morning after regret. In this story there was no room for anyone to conclude that it wasn't rape unless you also buy the "it was her fault" line. Even the rapist didn't think it was anything but rape. Shame on you Zed0

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Daughter needs to know.

For medical reasons the daughter needs to know the identity of her biological father. Her real father, who raised her, is acting like a pathetic cuckolded wimp instead of a collateral victim of a rape or an infidelity. Either way, unless he provides her with the information she and her children will need in case of some medical emergencies, he is the villian of the piece. If he dies before informing her, he should rot in Hell.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Crap

For all their time together the decomposing dead cheating whore wife knew her husband wasn't the father of her child. I'm glad she died in pain with cancer.

I know the feeling though there were no children. Fucking cunts.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago

Thanks for the offering.

photolvrphotolvrover 9 years ago
Thank you.

Beautiful. Thank you.

Pulsifer42Pulsifer42over 9 years ago
Could have been magnificient

But you created a wife would really had no courage in spite of her carrying her marriage on to the proverbial bitter end. At the very least she could have left the diary intentionally for her husband to find it with a concluding page admitting and apologizing for her inability to face up to telling him what had happened. Hey, we all know he was the daughter's father....he raised her, loved her, bandaged her scuffed knees, etc. etc. etc. Story did not quite finish what could have been !!! So close and yet so far.......as they say.

chytownchytownalmost 9 years ago
Good Read****

Thanks for sharing.

iffarmeriffarmerover 8 years ago
An Alternative Back Story

On the other hand, maybe she set him up using the diary. There may have indeed been a brief affair, not a rape. The suicide makes it all the more convenient. (Maybe it wasn't really a suicide.) Anyway, the wife gets to have her cake and eat it, too.

Women are so much better at lying and covering their tracks, especially in regards to their husbands, that this almost seems the better interpretation that the surface story.

VapspegeoVapspegeoover 7 years ago
Nothing To Do

He with the help of THEIR daughter took care of until she was taken by Cancer. The diary she left was from when she was young through her death.

She was guilt ridden because of rape. She knew her husband would go after and kill the rapist. She didn't want him to suffer because of her "her guilt talking something that happened which was her fault".

The WOMAN made the correct decision to not tell her husband as painful as it was For her about the rape. Knowing she would loose him if he killed her rapist. Could you imagine living with that on your mind all those years.

She felt that cancer was what she deserved for "allowing the forced Rape".

Okay call me a wimp but,no body deserves to be rape or Cancer Not even your worst enemy. The rapist was the coward, he took his own life as a fix for whatever demons he had.

As far as health matters go why would she need to know that the MAN she grew up with was not her biological sperm donor is stupid. I see that ploy used in stories sometimes but, it's more to cause pain in the person who had the affair. People get sick all the time I've known of people who had and have had Lung Cancer who had never smoked or had a history of Cancer in their families. What would know do to help there have been No cures for Cancer or MS.

What could she gain or get from a dead coward but,Fear she going to commit suicide like her biological sperm donor.

She was raised in a very good environment accepted by father and mother. Yes her Mother more than likely put in the extra attention, love, and care to her baby happy that her husband loved her without reservation.

I'm going with the good in them too bad she suffered inside thinking that she was being punished for being raped. Two of the worst things that can happen to anyone happened to her.

Writer you stirred my emotions I was driven to hate the Rappist and sadness by what she carried in her mind about what happened to her. The only support she had was her husband then her daughter. I'm happy you didn't turn this into a nightmare by having his wife turnout to be an evil deceitful bitch.

Thank you for a very good read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Sad

Very very sad

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Horrible

For her to live with that alone is horrible. Crying rape when it occurs is best and she can get a great deal of emotional and mental support. Her husband would stand by her if not he isn't worth keeping. The bigger deal would be the innocent child. Does she abort, give up for adoption, or keep.

In my case I would not want to raise a rapist child and if my wife decided to keep the child it most likely would end the marriage and show I was not meant to be with her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Uh

Why didn’t he start screwing his step daughter? Then piss on his wife’s grave.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well written and pithy if depressing story. But I don't see the story as many commenters do here. I think she was secretly mentally ill, and not telling her spouse and seeking professional help guaranteed her legacy to him was basically pain that would always shadow all the other memories. NOT reporting her rape, exposing her rapist, and acting permanently guilty strongly suggested she already likely had pre-existing psychological problems. She OWED it to her spouse (and marriage) to bring that and the consequences (a pregnancy) to his attention and give him a choice. Like another commenters, I would think that a decent man who loved her would have stood by her under those circumstances. That is where a professional counselor or shrink would have helped such a crisis. I KNOW this because it happened to my wife and I 30 years ago. She miscarried from the stress ultimately, and we went on to normal family after years of outside help. I understood my duty to stand by her even at the age of 27 and never imagined otherwise. But becoming a parent implies a choice, and the story wife ultimately denied the husband that. The surviving spouse would end up with permanently mixed feelings, knowing that a now much beloved child was 'foisted' on him even if for good motives. What kind of legacy is that to a surviving spouse of pain mixed with the natural love of a parent? Torture. The surviving spouse character's forgiveness and keeping her secret was an act of great magnanimity born of love. This story should have explored the theme further.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 2 years ago

Good story! Glad there was no sexual relations between father and daughter!

5

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I never understood why a person would write down something like that and keep it knowing that it could at some point be read by another whom you may not want to know of that info. Is this their way of bringing it to light? They want it known but are afraid to speak the words?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous